HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,617
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, Kevin H, Daryl, 2 invisible), 3,329 guests, and 23 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
The Most Wonderful Object Lesson Ever given to Mankind : The Sanctuary Service #9082
03/10/02 06:00 PM
03/10/02 06:00 PM
D
Dora  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2013
Veteran Member
USA
When God brought the children of Israel out of Egypt, He proclaimed His law from Sinai, and then gave them the same system of worship the patriarchs had followed. But, He had to deal with them as children. Because they could not grasp the truths without the simple illustrations, God gave them that same system of worship that Abraham, Isaac and Jacob had followed, but in kindergarden form. this is just as we would use the kindergargen methods to teach our children lessons which adults can more easily comprehend.

As I have taught children for most of the years I have been in the church, this form of teaching is very appealing to me. I realize, though, that there is so much more to understand. As we are now living in what is surely very close to the time when the Sanctuary service, as we know it, will be closed, because there will be no more need for it, we are told many times how important is the part we are to play in these closing issues. But, if I don't know and understand my part how can I do it?

In Psalm 77:13, we read, "Thy way, O God is in the Sanctuary: who is so great a God as our God?

In Jn.14:1-3 Jesus has just told His disciples where He is going, and that he wants them (and us) with Him so much that He is going to prepare a place. Then, in v.4, He tells them that they "know the way." Thomas asks, "how can we know the way?"

And in v.6, "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me."

It seems so often this very important subject is presented in such a complicated way that we as "God's children," have great difficulty in our understanding it. By looking at it as the "sandbox illustration" which was given to the literal Children of Israel, and to us as spiritual Israel, I wonder if it can be made more clear?

[ March 10, 2002: Message edited by: Dora ]

Re: The Most Wonderful Object Lesson Ever given to Mankind : The Sanctuary Service #9083
03/10/02 07:08 PM
03/10/02 07:08 PM
Avalee  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
quote:
Originally posted by Dora:

It seems so often this very important subject is presented in such a complicated way that we as "God's children," have great difficulty in our understanding it. By looking at it as the "sandbox illustration" which was given to the literal Children of Israel, and to us as spiritual Israel, I wonder if it can be made more clear?

[ March 10, 2002: Message edited by: Dora ]

Dora what you wrote above is so right. It has been presented in such a complicated way sometimes that it is hard for some of us to understand. We are studying Daniel and Revelation every Sabbath afternoon at church. We are on Chapter 8 in Daniel and the last two weeks the person giving the class has been using the felts from Kindergarten to go through the sanctuary service. We have all been blessed by this study. I am looking forward to your study here about this most important subject. Thank you for starting it.

Re: The Most Wonderful Object Lesson Ever given to Mankind : The Sanctuary Service #9084
03/11/02 03:53 AM
03/11/02 03:53 AM
D
Dora  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2013
Veteran Member
USA
We must keep it ever in our minds that the work done by the High Priest in the earthly sanctuary always symbolized His work for us in Heaven. Before the cross, God's people were to look forward to their coming Saviour. Now, we know what happened for us at the cross, and we NEED to know what He is doing in Heaven, and why. Also, do we have a part in this work, and if so, what is it?

What does it mean, for Christ to be "our High Priest?" "The entire earthly service of the sinner bringing a lamb as a sin offering was again a great kindergarden lesson, making the way of salvation so simple that none could fail to comprehend it. when we remember that we have sinned, we remember our "lamb," confess our sins, and in His name they are forgiven; THEN He offociates as High Priest in our behalf before the Father.......Even the infinite love of the Father for His Son was increased by that act, (of laying down His life for us.)" From the Cross and its Shadow, Stephen Haskell

Re: The Most Wonderful Object Lesson Ever given to Mankind : The Sanctuary Service #9085
03/11/02 04:46 AM
03/11/02 04:46 AM
D
Dora  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2013
Veteran Member
USA
Another interesting and humbling discovery: Found in Heb. 6:19,20. In no other place, except as Jesus enters "within the veil" of the heavenly sanctuary, is He called the "Forerunner." We remember in the OT, kings and rulers, important people, yes, Royalty! had a "forerunner," someone who rode before in georgeous uniform and waving plumes to announce the approach of the royal carriage. Yes, everyone claps for him as he comes by, but he is not the central attraction, for everyone's eyes are turned down the road from the way the forerunner came, hoping to be the first to see the "Royalty" who the forerunner is announcing.

How humbling to think that jesus was MY forerunner! YOUR forerunner! we are told that when He entered heaven, a mighty Conqueror over death and the grave, before the entire heavenly host and representatives of other worlds, He entered a forerunner for US! He presented the "wave sheaf," those brought forth from their graves at the time of His resurrection, as a SAMPLE of the race He had died to redeem. And, Jesus directed the attention of all the hosts of heaven and other worlds down the road from where He had come...to watch ---for Royalty!! YES, royalty made so by His precious blood. Rev.1:6, 5:10 Poor, frail mortals, stumbling and often falling by the way; but when we reach the heavenly gate, we will enter as "heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ"Rom.8:17

When we are tempted by Satan to doubt God's love and care, remember that because of the great sacrifice made, you are so dear to the Father that "he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of His eye." Zech.2:8 Heaven and earth are closely united since Christ entered within the veil as our Forerunner. The attention of every angel in glory is centered upon those striving to follow in Christ's footsteps.1Pet.2:21

Absolutely amazing!! The heavenly host are watching for US to come over the same road that our Forerunner passed as a mighty conquerer over death and the grave!!

But, we cannot follow in His footsteps in our own strength, and for this reason, "in all things it behooved Him to be made like unto His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God,to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. For in that He Himself hath suffered being tempted, He is able to succor them that are tempted. Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus."Heb.2:17,18; 3:1

Re: The Most Wonderful Object Lesson Ever given to Mankind : The Sanctuary Service #9086
03/12/02 12:45 PM
03/12/02 12:45 PM
zyph  Offline
Dedicated Member
Australia
I've read a bit about the symbolism of the sanctuary, but at this time it seems to me that the symbols are simple and obvious. I think you can call anything a symbol and attach a meaning to it, but that doesn't make it so. If the bible explains itself, where are the specific texts that relate each assumption to the symbol? I would point out that there is no sacrifice for sin in the holy place, and that has been bandied about as if we are instantly made behaviourally perfect, and musn't ever sin again, or else.

While I appreciate that spiritual things are spiritually discerned, I don't believe God gave us these symbols with optional meanings. And some of what I've read here and elsewhere gives me an exceedingly uncomfortable feeling, because it isn't backed up with scripture.

Re: The Most Wonderful Object Lesson Ever given to Mankind : The Sanctuary Service #9087
03/12/02 05:08 PM
03/12/02 05:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dora

You asked: "What does it mean for Jesus to be our High Priest?"

I would be interested to hear from participants in this topic, what, if anything, the following Scripture might have to do with this question, or in general, with the topic of the sanctuary we are discussing here:

1 Corinthians 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Re: The Most Wonderful Object Lesson Ever given to Mankind : The Sanctuary Service #9088
03/12/02 05:51 PM
03/12/02 05:51 PM
D
Dora  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2013
Veteran Member
USA
David, in your reference to 1Cor.3:17, are you also thinking of scriptures such as 1Peter 2:9, Rev.1:6, 5:10,& 20:6? Where we are called priests, then kings and priests? And, in Peter, and Rev.1:6, this seems to be speaking of the "here and now," and not after death,(or translation, whichever should happen) and our resurrection.

I wonder if this is speaking of US as priests, called to minister to others, and for others.

You mentioned 1Cor.3:16,17. "We are the temple of
God..If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy." that brings to mind the story in Lev.10:1- of Nadab and Abihu. They were
priests, they defiled the temple of God, and they were destroyed. If the Holy Spirit is really living in us, THAT is what makes us His temple. These young men were openly rebellious, doubtless this wasn't the first time, God already knew that their MINDS were settled to do their own way, disregarding God. The "Shekinah glory" had left their temple, because they had rejected Him.
Does that make any sense to you?

Re: The Most Wonderful Object Lesson Ever given to Mankind : The Sanctuary Service #9089
03/12/02 08:45 PM
03/12/02 08:45 PM
D
Dora  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2013
Veteran Member
USA
Dear Zyph,
I don't even pretend to know all the answers. That is why I am asking questions, seeking to know the truth. Yes, this subject is simple enough to teach to children, yet it has more meaning to it than we have yet understood, I know. I do think the primary question may be, "How do WE fit into this service, (which we know the Day of Atonement has a lage part NOW.)?"
How do we come to the sanctuary, and receive cleansing? Why would you ask the question, dear Zyph, about some thinking that we must be "instantly made behaviourally perfect?" If that were what happens, then, there would be no need for Jesus to continue as a mediator on a daily basis for us, still ministering in the first apartment, so to speak,(because the alter of incense is considered a part of the 2nd apt. although it isn't in there.) this is where the prayers of the saints are brought.

I'm not sure but that many things in the Bible have more than one meaning, but, yes, we do need scripture to cause it to be seen to fit in. (Not US fitting it in, but, the Holy Spirit.) I probably have not made a bit of sense to you on this, forgive me. It isn't easy! How I wish we could sit down together, open the Bible and talk!
But, at noon, I was able to share all this with FT, and, he said, "yes, he understood what we have studied so far." and, he wanted to know more!! I thought that was wonderful, for it is the most he has ever tried to understand the sanctuary! And, you were a help, because of your questions! Isn't that great??

Re: The Most Wonderful Object Lesson Ever given to Mankind : The Sanctuary Service #9090
03/13/02 05:02 AM
03/13/02 05:02 AM
G
Greg Goodchild  Offline
Placerville, CA
Zyph:
I imagine that we all agree that the offerings, in one way or another, all point primarily to the sacrifice of Jesus? If we are agreed upon that then lets take the next step. Each day the "daily" was sacrificed, including the Day of Atonement. This sacrifice, described in Numbers 28:1-8, consisted of the evening and morning lamb, the flour, the oil, and the drink offering. Every day this offering occurred. Every other sacrifice was in addition to this sacrifice and offerings. In Numbers 28:9-10 we have the Sabbath offerings and sacrifices; Numbers 28:11-15 are the new moon sacrifices; and then it goes through all the yearly sacrifices in the rest of chapter 28 and then into chapter 29. All this ritual was to be done each day, each week, each month, and all through the year. All was done until your very being permeated with the sacrifices with the intent that blood, sacrifice, and offering were a part of the every day experience of the penitent sinner. All of this culminates in the feast of tabernacles where the cleansing is done and we can rejoice in the completed work of salvation.

Each element has a specific identification in the Bible. But once you get through the baseline information the process portion takes over. The sanctuary system covers every aspect of the plan of salvation and it goes into more detail than we can grasp on earth. For eternity we can study the sanctuary service, and like the Bible it will eternally give us more and more understanding of God and His love for us.

So as questions are asked then we can go as deep as we need to understand the things of God.

Re: The Most Wonderful Object Lesson Ever given to Mankind : The Sanctuary Service #9091
03/13/02 09:23 AM
03/13/02 09:23 AM
zyph  Offline
Dedicated Member
Australia
I read the "Amazing Facts" site about the sanctuary, and that was fine - except that some relationships were made that had no scriptural support - or at least none was offered. Other things were excellent, and the imagery was used elsewhere in a similar relationship.

I guess I'm giving you some honest feedback. If you can't demonstrate to me - a pseudo Adventist -the truths, how do you tell someone who is not in sympathy with Adventists? I'm not intentionally being difficult here. I've heard all the sermons, too. But if I see one thing, and you see something contrary - and I mean contrary - isn't there a problem? I've heard some things used to support opposing opinions on this forum. Surely if there is substance, then, like the sacrificial lamb representing Jesus, there will be irrefutable relationships that are clearly understood, and have scriptural support.

I understand that I should study this out for myself.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 07:26 PM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!