HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,614
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 18
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,009 guests, and 22 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: "My Grace is Sufficient for You" #9190
04/13/02 05:11 AM
04/13/02 05:11 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Avalee wrote.

Not a Substitute for the Law
What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. Rom. 6:15 {AG 144.1}
It is the sophistry of Satan that the death of Christ brought in grace to take the place of the law. The death of Jesus did not change or annul, or lessen in the slightest degree, the law of ten commandments. That precious grace offered to men through a Saviour's blood, establishes the law of God. Since the fall of man, God's moral government and His grace are inseparable. They go hand in hand through all dispensations. {AG 144.2}
Unquote.

This verse is not saying that because we are not under the law, we might keep on sinning in the meaning of breaking the 10 commandments. It is saying, that since we are not under the law (to keep and obey the law that will judge us and condemn us if we break the law), we are not allow to live in SIN, that is to live for SELF since SIN is love for self that is against the love of God that seeks no self.

By your thoughts, how can we sin in breaking the law of the 10 commandments if we are not under it, if we are not under it jurisdiction and have not the obligation to keep and to do it? As an American you are not under the jurisdiction of the Indonesian law, so am I, as an Indonesian I’m not under the jurisdiction of the American law.

So, if you are not under the law, means you are not oblige to keep and do what the law says and will not be judge by this law and also not under it condemnation. You are under grace where God “will remember your sins and iniquities no more.”

In His love

James S.

Re: "My Grace is Sufficient for You" #9191
04/14/02 04:42 PM
04/14/02 04:42 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
If you were visiting America or lived in America you would be obligated to obey her laws. The law of God encompasses the entire Universe, thus everyone everywhere falls under its jurisdiction, and are obligated to obey it.

How can you say God empowers us to obey the law therefore we are no longer under its jurisdiction?

Re: "My Grace is Sufficient for You" #9192
04/27/02 05:04 AM
04/27/02 05:04 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Mike.

The bible clearly told us that believers are not under the law.

The law still exist but they that live by faith in Christ and according to the Spirit are not under the law, to obey and do the letter of the law, because the Spirit in them will made them live in harmony with the intent of the law “love that seeks no self” so that they may love their fellow man.

According to Romans 6:14 and Galatians 5:18; if you keep the law and obey it as a standard for living righteously, you are under the law jurisdiction, judgment and condemnation. And if some one is under the law, SIN will be his master or he is under dominion of SIN. This SIN is his nature or character that love for self, which stands against God’s love that seeks no self.

Thus, all law keeper could never be justified by the law and stand righteous before God, because through keeping the law their SIN is revealed and become more sinful (Romans 3:19,20; 7:13).

Christ died on the cross to redeem us from the wages of SIN (that is not our own fault), and through a life led by the Spirit, released us from the dominion of SIN, so that we might have “love of God” in our heart as our new character and made us FIT for heaven. This would never happen if you keep and obey the law, as SIN will be your master, dominate you and made you a slave of SIN.

It is not Christ intention at all to order His believers to keep and obey the letter of the law and made the 10 Commandments an obligation to do. If this is the case, it is not a “life by faith”. If a believer still needs the law to rule him and supervise him, he is not living by faith. “The law is not of faith” and “whatever is not of faith is SIN”. To live by faith means we must focus our eye on Christ, who will lead our faith and bring it to perfection.

By keeping and obeying the 10 Commandments, we have proved our self that we have no faith in Christ. And the Spirit could not work in us, as only those who live by faith will be sealed by the Spirit (Ephesians 1:13) and bore fruit of the Spirit, which is love. So, being under SIN, the fruits are only deeds of the flesh.

In His love

James S.

Re: "My Grace is Sufficient for You" #9193
04/28/02 03:53 AM
04/28/02 03:53 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
James, I think I finally understand what you're saying, and if you're saying what I think you're saying - then I agree with you. And here's what I think you're saying:

Anyone who obeys the law outside a saving relationship with Jesus is a law breaker, because any so-called obedience generated apart from Jesus is tainted with selfishness, and really isn't obedience in the truest sense of the word.

But anyone who maintains a vital connection to Jesus is in harmony with the principles of the law because all his obedience is the result of being in relationship with Jesus. But his experience is not technically "law keeping" because his obedeince is the fruit of faith and love, and not the law.

Is that what you're saying?

Re: "My Grace is Sufficient for You" #9194
04/28/02 10:25 AM
04/28/02 10:25 AM
Avalee  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
Very well put Mike..which is what we are all saying, although some might not read it that way..Everything must come from a saving relationship with Jesus. Without that nothing matters..it would be just a form of religion. And I might add a very unhappy form of religion. True happiness comes from that relationship with Jesus that is formed within. Praise God for His love to us.

Re: "My Grace is Sufficient for You" #9195
04/28/02 07:53 PM
04/28/02 07:53 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Avalee, thank you. Jesus is everything and all things. I love Him with all my heart.

Re: "My Grace is Sufficient for You" #9196
04/28/02 08:22 PM
04/28/02 08:22 PM
John H.  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
North Carolina, USA
Two of my favorite EGW passages on this subject:

"Faith and works are two oars which we must use equally." -- Review & Herald, June 11, 1901.

"The righteousness by which we are justified is imputed; the righteousness by which we are sanctified is imparted. The first is our title to heaven, the second is our fitness for heaven." -- Review & Herald, June 4, 1895.

(both of these appear on the title page of Faith and Works)

Re: "My Grace is Sufficient for You" #9197
04/28/02 08:55 PM
04/28/02 08:55 PM
Avalee  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
quote:
Originally posted by John:

"Faith and works are two oars which we must use equally." -- Review & Herald, June 11, 1901.

John thank you so much for that Spirit of Prophecy quote. I have not read that before. What a wonderful illustration God has given us.

Re: "My Grace is Sufficient for You" #9198
04/29/02 12:15 PM
04/29/02 12:15 PM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Mike.

I am happy that you agree with my thoughts. I am sure that I'm not telling something that is against the gospel of Christ.

It is difficult to explain some people that are so "law oriented."

Even my family can't take my messages, but it is my duty and responsiblity to reveal to them the true gospel of Christ.

If there is something we may still differ, it doesn't matter. I believe that we will all come to union of our faith "in Christ".

In His love

James S.

Re: "My Grace is Sufficient for You" #9199
04/29/02 01:25 PM
04/29/02 01:25 PM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
John.

"The righteousness by which we are justified is imputed; the righteousness by which we are sanctified is imparted. The first is our title to heaven, the second is our fitness for heaven." -- Review & Herald, June 4, 1895.
(both of these appear on the title page of Faith and Works
Unquote.

This will help me to explain the gospel of Christ to my family.

It is true, that we are justified by faith but judge by works.

Our faith in Christ accepts God’s free gift of “the righteousness of God apart from the law for those who has faith in Christ” (Romans 3:21), which is our title to heaven.

But God’s judgment is based on our ‘works” or “deeds”, is our works the works of the flesh or is it the fruit of the Spirit from a life by faith? Only those who have fruit of the Spirit as the works of living by faith (faith that works by love) are granted to enter heaven, as they are FIT to live in the Kingdom of God where love that seeks no self is the law of heaven. Self-loving believers has no place in heaven, they are not FIT to stay in heaven, their works are just deeds of the flesh, and their faith is a death faith.

All and all, it is not our “works” that saved us, but our faith, because these ‘works” are fruit of the Spirit, fruits of a life by faith, evidence of true faith.

In His love

James S.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!