HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,614
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 18
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,009 guests, and 22 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Bible Study on Faith #9201
04/11/02 01:53 AM
04/11/02 01:53 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
For our homework we are doing a word search study on faith for our Prayer Meeting & Bible Study that will be held next Wednesday evening.

I thought we would also do it here in preparation of doing it then.

Anybody wishing to participate, please be my guest.

The purpose of this study is to find out what faith really is.

In other words, is faith spontaneous, is faith easy to come by, is it hard to come by, is it lacking, etc.???

Re: Bible Study on Faith #9202
04/11/02 02:19 AM
04/11/02 02:19 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Let's begin from the beginning.

What is faith?

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Does everybody have faith?

Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

I wonder how much is a measure of faith. Is it the same measure of faith for every person, or does every person have a different measure of faith, or what?

Re: Bible Study on Faith #9203
04/11/02 05:56 AM
04/11/02 05:56 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Apparently the Rom 12:3 does not apply to all men. Perhaps it applies only to those who are responding to the influence of God.

2 Thessalonians 3:2
And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.

Also these two texts are key:

Romans 10:17
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Romans 14:23
And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Re: Bible Study on Faith #9204
04/12/02 03:48 AM
04/12/02 03:48 AM
Sarah Moss  Offline
Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
That doesn't really tell me what faith is though! All it tells me is that faith is a byproduct of my worship of God and my study of His Word. What is true, living faith?

Daryl, you asked if all men have faith - to be contrary to Thessalonians, I must answer "yes" - the question remains only what it is that we have faith in... Every person has faith - we all have confidence to hope in something - even if it is as simple as knowing the person coming our way is going to stop at the red light. It is all relative. What does it mean to have Faith in God? How is faith in God different from the faith the rest of the world has - and even we have in the rest of the world?

Why do we seem to cling more to our faith in others than to our Faith in God?

It may be of assistance to check out the topic "Visible Faith" under "Christian Living" as a discussion of this sorts was carried on there as well.

[ April 11, 2002: Message edited by: Mrs Sarah Moss ]

Re: Bible Study on Faith #9205
04/11/02 09:10 PM
04/11/02 09:10 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
God speaks of those who have "no faith."

Deuteronomy 32:20
And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end shall be: for they are a very froward generation, children in whom is no faith.

Mark 4:40
And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?

Luke 8:25
And he said unto them, Where is your faith? And they being afraid wondered, saying one to another, What manner of man is this! for he commandeth even the winds and water, and they obey him.

Luke 18:8
I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

And there are those who have "little faith."

Luke 12:28
If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?

And those who have "great faith."

Matthew 8:10
When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

Acts 6:8
And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people.

Those who wanted more faith.

Luke 17:5
And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith.

But a small amount of genuine faith goes a long way.

Luke 17:6
And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.

Mark 11:22
And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

Matthew 21:21
Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.

Righeousness comes by faith.

Romans 1:17
For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Romans 3:22
Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Romans 3:27
Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Romans 3:28
Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Romans 3:31
Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Romans 12:6
Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;

2 Corinthians 5:7
(For we walk by faith, not by sight

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Galatians 5:6
For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

Galatians 5:22
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Ephesians 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 6:16
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

1 Thessalonians 5:8
But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

2 Thessalonians 1:3
We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is meet, because that your faith groweth exceedingly, and the charity of every one of you all toward each other aboundeth;

1 Timothy 6:12
Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

Hebrews 4:2
For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Hebrews 12:2
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

James 2:24
Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

James 2:26
For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

1 John 5:4
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

Revelation 14:12
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Re: Bible Study on Faith #9206
04/11/02 09:17 PM
04/11/02 09:17 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Faith and Works, page 70, paragraph 1
What kind of faith is that? Is it to believe simply, or is it a faith of admission? There are many here who have that kind of faith. You believe that Jesus was the Son of God; but do you have a personal faith in regard to your own salvation? Do you believe that Jesus is your Saviour? that He died on Calvary's cross to redeem you? that He has offered you the gift of everlasting life if you believe on Him?

The Faith I Live By, page 93, paragraph 2
Faith is not an opiate, but a stimulant. Looking to Calvary will not quiet your soul into nonperformance of duty, but will create faith that will work, purifying the soul from all selfishness.

The Faith I Live By, page 122, paragraph 4
Faith is not feeling. . . . True faith is in no sense allied to presumption. Only he who has true faith is secure against presumption, for presumption is Satan's counterfeit of faith.

God's Amazing Grace, page 207, paragraph 2
Many do not exercise that faith which it is their privilege and duty to exercise, often waiting for that feeling which faith alone can bring. Feeling is not faith; the two are distinct. Faith is ours to exercise, but joyful feeling and the blessing are God's to give. The grace of God comes to us through the channel of living faith, and that faith it is in our power to exercise.

In Heavenly Places, page 109, paragraph 5
We have been taken as rough stones out of the quarry of the world by the cleaver of truth and placed in the workshop of God. He who has genuine faith in Christ as his personal Saviour will find that the truth accomplishes a definite work for him. His faith is a working faith. . . . We cannot create our faith, but we can be colaborers with Christ in promoting the growth and triumph of faith.

Our High Calling, page 67, paragraph 3
"Like precious faith" . . . is a genuine faith. It is not a fruitless faith. True, saving faith is a precious treasure of inestimable value. It is not superficial. The just lives by faith a truly spiritual, Christlike life. It is through faith that the steps are taken one at a time up the ladder of progress. Faith must be cultivated. It unites the human with the divine nature.

Testimonies for the Church Volume One, page 167, paragraph 2
Confound not faith and feeling together. They are distinct. Faith is ours to exercise. This faith we must keep in exercise. Believe, believe. Let your faith take hold of the blessing, and it is yours. Your feelings have nothing to do with this faith. When faith brings the blessing to your heart, and you rejoice in the blessing, it is no more faith, but feeling.

Advent Review and Sabbath Herald, July 6, 1905, paragraph 4
"And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue." Your faith is worthless without the virtue. Faith of the right kind brings virtue that is more valuable than gold or silver or precious stones.

Re: Bible Study on Faith #9207
04/13/02 05:06 AM
04/13/02 05:06 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Christian faith is trusting God and believe Him that He will lead your life to all righteousness and holy life without any law for you to obey and keep.

In His love

James S.

Re: Bible Study on Faith #9208
04/17/02 02:09 AM
04/17/02 02:09 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Thank you everybody for responding.

With all these texts and more that will be provided by those attending tomorrow, I expect this study on faith will be continued into the following Wednedday, therefore, let us keep this word study going.

Thank you Sarah. I will also check out that other topic on faith.

Re: Bible Study on Faith #9209
04/24/02 01:17 AM
04/24/02 01:17 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
We had an excellent discussion on faith last Wednesday evening.

We decided to continue by talking tomorrow evening about what the barriers to faith are.

Any thoughts on this?

Re: Bible Study on Faith #9210
04/26/02 03:43 AM
04/26/02 03:43 AM
Sarah Moss  Offline
Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Too often our greatest barrier to faith is ourselves. Faith requires stepping out and doing things that you are afraid to do, acting on a believe that you cannot yet prove until you act.

Like the little girl who was the only one who took her umbrella to church when the church was planning to pray for rain, or the little girl who prayed with her daddy that it would stop raining and then asked why it didn't and daddy said, "maybe we have to step out in faith" so they walked out from under their shelter to discover that it was not raining on them, only all around them - they stayed dry until they reached the car.

We allow our fears, prejudices and misconceptions about God to keep us from exercising our faith. We must trust in Him as little children do. We dishonour and insult God when we do not believe that He will keep His promises - in essence we call Him a liar because we don't believe He means what He says.

What is the biggest barrier to faith? We allow ourselves God's enemy, satan, to deceive us into thinking that we don't need God, that we can do it on our own - because God won't help us anyway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!