HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,615
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 19
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,245 guests, and 22 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Carnivores Humans #9265
05/07/02 05:23 PM
05/07/02 05:23 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
This will be a study on meateating from many sources. Bible, Spirit of Prophecy and study results that have been published. Please do not use any hypothetical questions on what you would do if stranded on an island with only pig to eat or whatever you like to be hypothetical about.

I wanted to start out with this first quote from the Spirit of Prophecy about one of the reasons that God allowed them to eat meat after the flood was to shorten their lives.

quote:
God gave our first parents the food he designed that the race should eat. It was contrary to his plan to have the life of any creature taken. There was to be no death in Eden. The fruit of the trees in the garden, was the food man's wants required. God gave man no permission to eat animal food until after the
flood. Every thing had been destroyed upon which man could subsist, and therefore the Lord in their necessity gave Noah permission to eat of the clean animals which he had taken with him into the ark. But animal food was not the most healthy article of food for man. {4aSG 120.3}

The people who lived before the flood ate animal food, and gratified their lusts until their cup of iniquity was full, and God cleansed the earth of its moral pollution by a flood. Then the third dreadful curse rested upon the earth. The first curse was pronounced upon the posterity of Adam and upon the earth, because of disobedience. The second curse came upon the ground after Cain slew his brother Abel. The third most dreadful curse from God, came upon the earth at the flood. {4aSG 121.1}

After the flood the people ate largely of animal food. God saw that the ways of man were corrupt, and that he was disposed to exalt himself proudly against his Creator, and to follow the inclinations of his own heart. And he permitted that long-lived race to eat animal food to shorten their sinful lives. Soon after the flood the race began to rapidly decrease in size, and in length of years. There were a class of very large animals which perished at the flood. God knew that the strength of man would decrease, and these mammoth animals could not be controlled by feeble man. {4aSG 121.2}

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

[ May 07, 2002: Message edited by: Avalee ]

Re: Carnivores Humans #9266
05/07/02 06:36 PM
05/07/02 06:36 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
quote:
The Proper Dietary
Part I--The Original Diet
Chosen by the Creator

In order to know what are the best foods, we must study God's original plan for man's diet. He who created man and who understands his needs appointed Adam his food. "Behold," He said, "I have given you every herb yielding seed,. . . . and every tree, in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for food." Upon leaving Eden to gain his livelihood by tilling the earth under the curse of sin, man received permission to eat also "the herb of the field." {CD 81.1}

Grains, fruits, nuts, and vegetables constitute the diet chosen for us by our Creator. These foods, prepared in as simple and natural a manner as possible, are the most healthful and nourishing. They impart a strength, a power of endurance, and a vigor of intellect, that are not afforded by a more complex and stimulating diet. {CD 81.2}

God's has told us in the quote above that He knows what is best for us to eat. After all who is the Creator? Did I create myself? No, God created me, so to me He is the only one who knows what my body needs in order for it to be healthy...and also in order to be spiritually healthy.

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

[ May 07, 2002: Message edited by: Avalee ]

Re: Carnivores Humans #9267
05/09/02 03:35 AM
05/09/02 03:35 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Counsels on Health, page 450, paragraph 1
Again and again I have been shown that God is trying to lead us back, step by step, to His original design--that man should subsist upon the natural products of the earth. Among those who are waiting for the coming of the Lord, meat eating will eventually be done away; flesh will cease to form a part of their diet.

Last Day Events, page 82, paragraph 1
Greater reforms should be seen among the people who claim to be looking for the soon appearing of Christ. Health reform is to do among our people a work which it has not yet done. There are those who ought to be awake to the danger of meat eating who are still eating the flesh of animals, thus endangering the physical, mental, and spiritual health. Many who are now only half converted on the question of meat eating will go from God's people, to walk no more with them.

Counsels on Diet and Foods, page 365, paragraph 2
The diet reform should be progressive. As disease in animals increases, the use of milk and eggs will become more and more unsafe. An effort should be made to supply their place with other things that are healthful and inexpensive. The people everywhere should be taught how to cook without milk and eggs, so far as possible, and yet have their food wholesome and palatable.

Counsels on Diet and Foods, page 367, paragraph 3
But I wish to say that when the time comes that it is no longer safe to use milk, cream, butter, and eggs, God will reveal this. No extremes in health reform are to be advocated. The question of using milk and butter and eggs will work out its own problem. At present we have no burden on this line. Let your moderation be known unto all men.

Re: Carnivores Humans #9268
05/09/02 03:42 AM
05/09/02 03:42 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Revelation 6
8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

I suspect most MSDAOL members will reject the following application, but here goes: there are two ways people can can die in contact with the beasts of the earth, 1) them eating us, and 2) us eating them. Historically I believe the first was true; in future I suspect the latter will be true (if it isn't already so).

Re: Carnivores Humans #9269
05/08/02 04:47 PM
05/08/02 04:47 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
quote:
The length of intestines of carnivores is less, almost equal to the length of their bodies and about six times the length of their torso. Due to small intestines they throw out the flesh food before it gets contaminated and poisoned.

Herbivores have longer intestines, about four times their body-length or twelve times the torso, which cannot quickly expel any flesh-food.

quote:
Flesh eating also introduces poisonous waste products into the body! By the very process of living, waste products (urea, uric acid, cretin, leukomain, etc.) are continually being formed in the body. These are normally removed from the body through the organs of elimination. However, when an animal is slaughtered, un-eliminated waste products remain in the tissues! When the flesh of the animal is eaten, we must therefore, eat not only the nutritive portions, but the poisonous waste products as well!

Also, the amount of waste products present in the dead animal is much greater than when the animal was alive, or even at the time of slaughtering. Because, during life, the tissues are washed by the pure stream of blood which gathers up the waste products and carries them to the liver, kidneys, lungs & skin for elimination. When the heart ceases to beat, this cleansing process stops and the poisons, which are ever forming, accumulate at a rapid rate until the vital fluids are so saturated, that every living structure is destroyed - and this flesh is then processed & eaten!

When that meat is eaten, with all accompanying poisons, your liver will deal with some of the uric acid, but can only destroy about one-half of the uric acid circulating in the blood. The carnivorous animal's liver however, can destroy from 10-15 times as much uric acid as the liver of man; a fact which clearly shows that man is not physiologically made to eat flesh foods. The surplus uric acid contained in meat (when eaten by the human) acts as a poison and is stored up in the tissues, which causes rheumatism & many other diseases.

After the liver has failed to deal with the poisons, the meat is passed on to the intestines. Due to the long, convoluting intestines in man, animal flesh sits & decays at body temperature for at least 24 hours, causing considerable putrefaction in the large intestine. Toxins are absorbed through the intestine wall to the blood stream & are then circulated throughout the body. Therefore, the nutritional value of meat is considerably lowered & in fact, is contradictive to perfect health!
http://www.spiritualskyincense.com/vegetarian-cooking.htm

In case anyone does not know it, we HUMANS are the Herbivores. This shows us that our Creator did not make us to be able to eat meat, if He wanted us to eat the flesh of dead animals he would not have made our bodies the way they are.

Re: Carnivores Humans #9270
05/08/02 05:47 PM
05/08/02 05:47 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Not to argue the point, but what about carnivorous animals? did Jesus make them with a shorter digestive system so they can eat meat? If not, why didn't we adapt to a meat diet in the same way carnivores did?

Re: Carnivores Humans #9271
05/08/02 07:27 PM
05/08/02 07:27 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
Good question Mike. I had the same thoughts. I do not think God made them to eat meat because there was to be no death in the beginning. But at this point I have no answer. I have no problem with the idea that after sin God could have changed whatever that needed to be changed with our bodies and that of animals, etc. in order to process food because of the sin problem changing some things.

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 07:26 PM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!