HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,632
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 20
kland 5
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Daryl, Kevin H), 3,289 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Response & Warning Regarding Supposed Messages from Ellen White, Etc. [Re: Daryl] #93773
12/24/07 12:44 PM
12/24/07 12:44 PM
watchbird  Offline
USA
 Originally Posted By: Daryl Fawcett
This is one reason why I created a topic out of the responses that were made before I discovered and removed the OP.

I am not certain though that studying the counterfeit is the way to go, in the same way that studying a counterfeit twenty dollar bill isn't the way to go in distinguishing a counterfeit twenty dollar bill from a genuine twenty dollar bill.

Instead, we should be studying the genuine in order to identify the counterfeit.

Sorry Daryl, your analogy is incorrect... which then makes your conclusion also partially incorrect.

Yes... we need to study the "genuine". And our knowledge of this is what will prepare us to recognize the "counterfeit" when we see it. But as for your analogy... it would fit much more accurately if it reflected actual life practice.

Yes, so long as there are no known counterfeit bills floating around, a professional money-handler's experience is with genuine money... and they learn both from the "feel" and from what they are taught about the specific things contained on the genuine which are the most difficult... or impossible... for a counerfeiter to copy.

BUT.... when someone notices a counterfeit bill.... things change... and change dramatically.... Here is an real life true account of how they are handled in one city which, because of its location and attraction to the "monied crowds" is also extra attractive to counterfeiters.

When such a bill is found, usually in a bank... the bank officials take the bill... photo copy it... enlarge it... and circle each of the most easily detectable details that show it to be counterfeited. Then a meeting of all employees who handle money is called, the bill is passed around among them so they can see it for themselves... at the same time that the enlarged copy is projected and explained for all to see.

The next step is to scatter copies of the enlarged and marked bill to every bank teller and cash register in the whole town.... so that everyone who handles money... whether they be an experienced clerk of ancient vintage, or temporary teen their first day on the job... can have this clearly marked counterfeit bill before them as they accept money ... either for "change" or for purchase of an object.

If we were to extend THIS analogy to false teachings and false teachers there would be some accurate transferrence from it to our situation of genuine and false doctrines. And it would enable us to more accurately evaluate what you quote below.

Quote:
Could this be one reason why Christ said the following?
 Quote:

Matthew 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

Verse 26 makes it clear that we shouldn't even go forth to check it out, implying that we shouldn't go forth to check out the counterfeit, but rather should stick to studying the genuine.

But your analogy does not stand. In this case Christ is identifying one "mark" of a "counterfeit" which we could use to determine whether a particular message was correct or not. In this case, the true was given in a previous verse, which was the manner of Christ's coming.... instantaneously visible from East to West with every eye being able to see him simultaneously. In contrast, there would be those who CLAIMED to be Christ and who CLAIMED to have already returned... but they would be in some secret "chambers" or remote place. In that case the admonition was to not follow them... to not believe them... all on the basis of their teachings... that they were "the Christ".

I do not think it correct to extend this generalized warning to not "follow them" nor "believe" them so far as to say not to learn what other false doctrines they were teaching so as to warn others against THOSE falsities as well as warning against their basic error.

Re: Response & Warning Regarding Supposed Messages from Ellen White, Etc. [Re: Johann] #93777
12/24/07 06:49 PM
12/24/07 06:49 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
 Originally Posted By: Johann
It may not be essential for most of us to discover what heresies are rampant and attacking us, but it is essential that some of us study sufficiently to be able to warn the church.

This isn't saying that only certain ones should discover and study, but that it is essential that some of us should be doing this.

It is open for whoever feels impressed to do this. If that is everybody, then that is OK and great, however, it is essential that at least some of us do this sort of thing.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Response & Warning Regarding Supposed Messages from Ellen White, Etc. [Re: Daryl] #93778
12/24/07 06:57 PM
12/24/07 06:57 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
In regards to the genuine over the counterfeit, when it comes to money, there is more than one type of counterfeit money, just as there is more than one type of counterfeit anything else.

Christ referred to the sheep knowing the shepherd's voice in that we as His sheep should also know the Shepherd's voice. Christ is our Shepherd. We are His sheep. If we know the voice of the genuine Shepherd, then there's no way we can be deceived by the voice of any false shepherd, by any false Christ.

I, therefore, continue to say that we need to know and study the true as our best defence in not being deceived by the false, by the counterfeit.

We should also examine any voice we hear and compare it to the voice of the one we know, but how do we do this?

In line with the reason for the existence of this topic, how do we know that these so-called interviews are not true?

Daryl smile

Re: Response & Warning Regarding Supposed Messages from Ellen White, Etc. [Re: Daryl] #93783
12/24/07 07:57 PM
12/24/07 07:57 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Daryl, you wrote that we should examine any voice we hear and compare it to the voice of the one we know, but when your wife calls you, you do not need to do any examination. You recognise that it is her imediately. Is it not so?
We examine the voices we recognise but cant quite put a name or face to right away.
Why I believe the interviews have nothing to do with Gods truth, when I read them I could see nothing that resonated with what I have previously learned about truth and I got nothing but a bad feeling about them.

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: Response & Warning Regarding Supposed Messages from Ellen White, Etc. [Re: vastergotland] #93800
12/25/07 07:01 PM
12/25/07 07:01 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Yes, I obviously know my wife's voice when I hear it simply because I heard her voice many, many times, however, I have never heard the audible voice of Jesus Christ, therefore, when something is said to have come from Him, seeing I never heard His voice even once, let alone many times, I need to examine what was said to be certain what was said truly came from Him.

Daryl smile

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/15/24 09:27 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!