HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,633
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 20
kland 5
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,491 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Why do people fear/hate Ellen White? [Re: Ted_Farmer] #96378
03/06/08 09:08 PM
03/06/08 09:08 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Ted_Farmer to Maritime SDA OnLine! \:\)

You will notice that I replied to your comments/concerns over in the Shout Box.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Why do people fear/hate Ellen White? [Re: Ted_Farmer] #96402
03/07/08 12:10 AM
03/07/08 12:10 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
 Originally Posted By: Ted_Farmer
Dear Mountain Man,

I'm new here, but long time Adventist. I was unaware that pork was ever ok to eat, but you said at one time it was ok. Or you said God looked the other way, or some such thing. But I know God has always said it was wrong, it's even in the bible. Are there other things God has changed His mind on, or looked the other way? Don't we have to follow all the rules all the time?

Hello Brother, and welcome to MSDAOL.

Here is the post you have in mind:

Quote:
Oh, I see what you mean. Definitely, she was a human, and totally not infallible. Her knowledge and understanding of doctrine grew as she matured as a Christian, and as God unfolded more truth to her. She shared the truths God shared with her. And, there were issues, such as eating pork, that God chose not to make a big deal out of in the beginning of the Advent Movement. So, we find Sister White, earlier on, counseling certain people not to make a big deal out of eating pork. But, later on, God shares with her the importance of not eating pork. Now it is considered a sin to eat pork. It is in this way, I believe, that Sister White grew in her knowledge and understanding of doctrine. God revealed to her what was important for us according to His timing. #96028

Please note that it says God chose not to make a "big deal" out of eating pork during the early years of the Advent Movement. God "winked" at eating pork at that time; but He no longer winks at it because He has revived the truth regarding eating pork. It is similar to people who ignorantly break the Sabbath. God winks at it until they are convicted of the truth.

Here is how it is described in the SOP:

I saw that your views concerning swine's flesh [THIS REMARKABLE TESTIMONY WAS WRITTEN OCTOBER 21, 1858, NEARLY FIVE YEARS BEFORE THE GREAT VISION OF 1863, IN WHICH THE LIGHT UPON HEALTH REFORM WAS GIVEN. WHEN THE RIGHT TIME CAME, THE SUBJECT WAS GIVEN IN A MANNER TO MOVE ALL OUR PEOPLE. HOW WONDERFUL ARE THE WISDOM AND GOODNESS OF GOD! IT MIGHT BE AS WRONG TO CROWD THE MILK, SALT, AND SUGAR QUESTION NOW, AS THE PORK QUESTION IN 1858.-- J.W., NOTE TO SECOND EDITION.] would prove no injury if you have them to yourselves; but in your judgment and opinion you have made this question a test, and your actions have plainly shown your faith in this matter. If God requires His people to abstain from swine's flesh, He will convict them on the matter. He is just as willing to show His honest children their duty, as to show their duty to individuals upon whom He has not laid the burden of His work. If it is the duty of the church to abstain from swine's flesh, God will discover it to more than two or three. He will teach His church their duty. {1T 206.3}

Re: Why do people fear/hate Ellen White? [Re: Mountain Man] #96471
03/07/08 07:05 PM
03/07/08 07:05 PM
Ted_Farmer  Offline
Banned Member (MSDAOL)
Posting New Member
Planet Earth
I'm sorry, are you HIGH? God does not "wink" at sin! At NO time did he "look the other way" or any such nonsense!

He made rules for us to live by, He did not change them, or say, oh it's ok, not all your people know all the rules yet. IT's all in the bible, plain as day. God made rules, told us about them from the very get go, and has placed an expectation on us that we follow them. He does not let things slide, just because we don't know the rules, at least not the God I know and worship. He's told us how to be His children, and it's always been to not eat pork, always.

Eating pork = worshipping satan

Pork = Death

If you want to reject God, just eat some bacon, it says so in the bible. It's God's job to give us the rules, and it's our job to follow them, so don't eat pig meat unless you want to seriously offend the maker of all life.

E.G.W. KNEW eating pork was a sin, yet she did it anyway. That's a fact, per her words. The repercussions will be felt at the time of trial. If she and God worked out the details of her sins, and she repented, then she has no worries. However, if God judges her actions as sinful, then, well, she sinned. I don't eat pork because I KNOW God told me not to. I KNOW it's a sin, and pork eaters are sinners. I don't even go near the pork in the supermarket, lest I be tainted by it's horrible satan flesh.

The rules are rules for a reason, we may or may not know why they are the way they are, but we DO KNOW what the rules are and have always been. We are responsible for our own actions, own up to it, admit it, and then ask for forgiveness, lest we waste away in the fires of hell.

Re: Why do people fear/hate Ellen White? [Re: Ted_Farmer] #96472
03/07/08 07:43 PM
03/07/08 07:43 PM
Rick H  Offline OP
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
I guess I better tell my friend that the pork and beans he accidently fed me has caused me to reject God and the fires of hell await....

Calm down my brother, no need to go to extreme dogmatic views, why dont you start out with scripture to teach your point and we can go from there.........

Last edited by Richard; 03/07/08 07:43 PM.
Re: Why do people fear/hate Ellen White? [Re: Ted_Farmer] #96491
03/07/08 10:57 PM
03/07/08 10:57 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
 Originally Posted By: Ted_Farmer
I'm sorry, are you HIGH? God does not "wink" at sin! At NO time did he "look the other way" or any such nonsense!

He made rules for us to live by, He did not change them, or say, oh it's ok, not all your people know all the rules yet. IT's all in the bible, plain as day. God made rules, told us about them from the very get go, and has placed an expectation on us that we follow them. He does not let things slide, just because we don't know the rules, at least not the God I know and worship. He's told us how to be His children, and it's always been to not eat pork, always.

Eating pork = worshipping satan

Pork = Death

If you want to reject God, just eat some bacon, it says so in the bible. It's God's job to give us the rules, and it's our job to follow them, so don't eat pig meat unless you want to seriously offend the maker of all life.

E.G.W. KNEW eating pork was a sin, yet she did it anyway. That's a fact, per her words. The repercussions will be felt at the time of trial. If she and God worked out the details of her sins, and she repented, then she has no worries. However, if God judges her actions as sinful, then, well, she sinned. I don't eat pork because I KNOW God told me not to. I KNOW it's a sin, and pork eaters are sinners. I don't even go near the pork in the supermarket, lest I be tainted by it's horrible satan flesh.

The rules are rules for a reason, we may or may not know why they are the way they are, but we DO KNOW what the rules are and have always been. We are responsible for our own actions, own up to it, admit it, and then ask for forgiveness, lest we waste away in the fires of hell.
Ted, with all due respect. Think again, think right.

3But He said to them, "Have you not read what David did when he became hungry, he and his companions,
4how he entered the house of God, and they ate the consecrated bread, which was not lawful for him to eat nor for those with him, but for the priests alone?
5"Or have you not read in the Law, that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple break the Sabbath and are innocent?

Not only did David break the rules regarding the temple bread, Jesus used the event as an positive example.

23"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cummin, and have neglected the weightier provisions of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness; but these are the things you should have done without neglecting the others.
24"You blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!

Pork belongs there right alongside the dill and the cummin. What is more important is justice, mercy and faithfulness, and do I dare to say grace? Grace is otherwise a concept I found wanting in your post. You ougth to spend some time meditating on the meaning of he cross and the crucified One. IMHO.

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: Why do people fear/hate Ellen White? [Re: Ted_Farmer] #96529
03/08/08 07:02 PM
03/08/08 07:02 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
I have known Vastergotland for as long as I have been a member here on the forum, and have chatted with him on occasion in our live chat system we had which was actually pretty nice cause it gave me a different perspective and insight to who he is, and he's a really cool person if you take the time to know him.
I do not like seeing his character assassinated because he asks questions. God does not want automatons, but people who think, and have come to know Christ because they have come to know God through Christ, as Vastergotland has.

Stick to the topic.

Why do people fear/hate Ellen White.. Thats a loaded question cause I know I dont hate her, in fact I like what she has written.
I do hate how many, and this is a lot of people have mis-interpreted what she has written and then dump it on you as "proof" (as they think it to be) this is what she says and if you do not heed the words of the "prophet" (its prophetess for those in the know..) then you are going to hell.. *sigh*. Believe me I have stepped on many toes of the more straight-jacket Ellen White types for sheer entertainment, and to indulge myself a bit at seeing how perfect their character is. End result.. not so perfect, guess its back to that old law, love thy neighbor as thyself, and Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. \:\)
God Bless,
Will

Last edited by Will; 03/08/08 07:12 PM. Reason: addendum
Re: Why do people fear/hate Ellen White? [Re: Will] #96531
03/08/08 07:12 PM
03/08/08 07:12 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
 Originally Posted By: Will
I have known Vastergotland for as long as I have been a member here on the forum, and have chatted with him on occasion in our live chat system we had.
I do not like seeing his character assassinated because he asks questions. God does not want automatons, but people who think, and have come to know Christ.
Stick to the topic.

WHy do people fear/hate Ellen White.. Thats a loaded question cause I dont hate her, in fact I like what she has written.
I do hate how people mis-interpret what she has written and then dump it on you as "proof" this is what she says and if you do not heed the words of the "prophet" (its prophetess for those in the know..) then you are going to hell.. *sigh*. Believe me I have stepped on many toes of the more straight-jacket Ellen White types for sheer entertainment, and to indulge myself a bit at seeing how perfect their character is. End result.. not so perfect, guess its back to that old law, love thy neighbor as thyself \:\)
God Bless,
Will
Quite enjoyable at times, dont you think? And when its time to finnish off the cases made, just a quick look at the context of the quoted passages most often is enough. (Although finding the original place something was written can take some effort, often the straight-jacket types just referenced a quotation list.

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: Why do people fear/hate Ellen White? [Re: vastergotland] #96536
03/08/08 08:27 PM
03/08/08 08:27 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
 Quote:
Quite enjoyable at times, dont you think? And when its time to finnish off the cases made, just a quick look at the context of the quoted passages most often is enough. (Although finding the original place something was written can take some effort, often the straight-jacket types just referenced a quotation list.

Oh for sure, that seems to be it, without any thought to what God has done in their lives. Reminds me of the demoniac who was delivered, and wanted to follow Jesus, Jesus said, go back to your home and tell others the good things God has done in your life..
God Bless,
Will

Last edited by Will; 03/08/08 08:30 PM. Reason: fixed quote
Re: Why do people fear/hate Ellen White? [Re: Will] #96537
03/08/08 08:41 PM
03/08/08 08:41 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
 Originally Posted By: Will

........and have chatted with him on occasion in our live chat system we had..........

We still have it, however, nobody seems to be using it.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Why do people fear/hate Ellen White? [Re: Daryl] #96542
03/08/08 11:21 PM
03/08/08 11:21 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Ted, I appreciate your to-the-point way of stating what you believe. It is very clear to me that you believe eating pork is a sin. What is not clear is what you believe about the passage where Paul says "the times of this ignorance God winked at." Here it is:

Quote:
Acts
17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
17:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by [that] man whom he hath ordained; [whereof] he hath given assurance unto all [men], in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Do you agree with the following insight:

Quote:
"And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men everywhere to repent." In the ages of darkness that had preceded the advent of Christ, the divine Ruler had passed lightly over the idolatry of the heathen; but now, through His Son, He had sent men the light of truth; and He expected from all repentance unto salvation, not only from the poor and humble, but from the proud philosopher and the princes of the earth. "Because He hath appointed a day, in the which He will judge the world in righteousness by that Man whom He hath ordained; whereof He hath given assurance unto all men, in that He hath raised Him from the dead." {AA 239.1}

And, do you agree with the following application:

Quote:
The time of ignorance God winked at, but as fast as light shines upon us, He requires us to change our health-destroying habits, and place ourselves in a right relation to physical laws. {CD 19.3}

Concerning sins of ignorance, Paul also wrote:

1 Timothy
1:13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

How should we apply these principles to people who ignorantly break the Sabbath?

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/16/24 02:17 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!