HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,641
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 15
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Kevin H), 3,372 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Re: The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.... [Re: Mountain Man] #99434
05/17/08 06:47 PM
05/17/08 06:47 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
 Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Thomas, you lost me. I'm not sure what you're talking about. What do you agree with and what do you disagree with? Here are the points I have made, with some additional elaboration:
I in turn am not sure what you are unsure about. I thought I was clear enough.
 Quote:

1. The 144,000 is a literal number of Christians who will be numbered and sealed during the investigative judgment of the living.
No. Clear disagree.
 Quote:

2. The 12 different tribes or names symbolize 12 different character traits. Christians will be numbered and sealed according to their predominate traits of character. There will be 12,000 in each tribe or trait of character.
Never heard of such an idea.
 Quote:

3. They will experience Jacob's Time of Trouble during the outpouring of the seven last plagues, and will be translated alive when Jesus arrives.

4. They have exclusive access to the temple in the New Earth. This temple is a literal building located on the summit of Mount Zion, which is somewhere outside the walls of New Jerusalem.
Is this where you lost track? The quote from revelation aswell as many other passages from the epistles make clear that the temple in the new earth is the saints and not a literal building.
Ephesians 2:20-22
2 Corinthians 6:15-17
1 Corinthians 6:18-20
Revelation 21:22I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.
 Quote:

5. The Great Multitude is a different group of people. They will be part of the general first resurrection when Jesus arrives.
Disagree, as explained in previous posts.
 Quote:

And a new point I haven't made yet,

6. A special resurrection will occur after probation closes and before Jesus arrives. It consists of two groups of people. It is described in the following passage.

LDE 271
Graves are opened, and "many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth . . . awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt" (Dan. 12:2). All who have died in the faith of the third angel's message come forth from the tomb glorified to hear God's covenant of peace with those who have kept His law. "They also which pierced Him" (Rev. 1:7), those that mocked and derided Christ's dying agonies, and the most violent opposers of His truth and His people, are raised to behold Him in His glory, and to see the honor placed upon the loyal and obedient.--GC 636, 637 (1911). {LDE 271.2}

Eh...

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.... [Re: vastergotland] #99449
05/18/08 02:16 AM
05/18/08 02:16 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Thomas, thank you for making it clear what you believe. Regarding the temple in the New Earth, I take it you also disagree with Sister White.

PS - Actually, I don't understand the "Eh..." at the end of your last post.

Re: The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.... [Re: Mountain Man] #99457
05/18/08 04:17 AM
05/18/08 04:17 AM
B
Bert  Offline
New Member (Starting to Post)
FL, USA
[quote=Mountain Man]Thomas, you lost me. I'm not sure what you're talking about. What do you agree with and what do you disagree with? Here are the points I have made, with some additional elaboration:

1. The 144,000 is a literal number of Christians who will be numbered and sealed during the investigative judgment of the living.

Bert: I believe that the 144,000 is a symbolic number, and the reason I believe it is symbolic is because the 12 different tribes that constitute the 144,000 are symbolic. I feel that a symbolic make-up of the 12 tribes cannot then constitute a literal group of 144,000. Either they are both literal, or they are both symbolic. Based on research of scripture and reference material, it seems to be more important to recognize that the 'number of 144,000' refers more to what they are, and what they represent, than their numbers or who they are. In other words, their character, which is the basis for them to be sealed in the first place. John's reference to 'being sealed' seems to be a reiteration of what happened to Israel in Ezekiel's time (Ez. 9).

2. The 12 different tribes or names symbolize 12 different character traits. Christians will be numbered and sealed according to their predominate traits of character. There will be 12,000 in each tribe or trait of character.

Bert: I differ in my understanding of the 12 tribes. The reason for the sealing is to identify those who belong to God. Sealing endows ownership, and by sealing in the end time, God is sealing His own against the 'time of tribulation' and other events that will occur just prior to Christ's coming. Obviously, the sealing involves character traits, but I don't believe that there are any assignations by traits of character, only that they possess those traits necessary for salvation.

3. They will experience Jacob's Time of Trouble during the outpouring of the seven last plagues, and will be translated alive when Jesus arrives.

Bert: I generally agree. They will experience the 'time of tribulation' that will come upon the earth in the very last days, as well as the seven last plagues. They will also experience the coming of Jesus Christ in all His glory, and will be changed 'in the twinkling of an eye'.

4. They have exclusive access to the temple in the New Earth. This temple is a literal building located on the summit of Mount Zion, which is somewhere outside the walls of New Jerusalem.

Bert: I have no knowledge of this thought. Could you furnish a scriptural reference? That seems to be an interesting premise to explore.

5. The Great Multitude is a different group of people. They will be part of the general first resurrection when Jesus arrives.

Bert: I disagree with this assessment. According to 1 Thess. 4:15-17, the 'dead in Christ' will rise, and together with those 'still alive' will be 'caught up in the air' to meet Jesus. Those who will be still alive will include the 144,000. They will all go to heaven together. This is the first resurrection.

And a new point I haven't made yet,

6. A special resurrection will occur after probation closes and before Jesus arrives. It consists of two groups of people. It is described in the following passage.

LDE 271
Graves are opened, and "many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth . . . awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt" (Dan. 12:2). All who have died in the faith of the third angel's message come forth from the tomb glorified to hear God's covenant of peace with those who have kept His law. "They also which pierced Him" (Rev. 1:7), those that mocked and derided Christ's dying agonies, and the most violent opposers of His truth and His people, are raised to behold Him in His glory, and to see the honor placed upon the loyal and obedient.--GC 636, 637 (1911). {LDE 271.2}

Bert: I agree with these statements. The ones who 'pierced Him' are the very few who might experience three deaths.

Bert

Re: The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.... [Re: Mountain Man] #99460
05/18/08 07:53 AM
05/18/08 07:53 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Thomas, thank you for making it clear what you believe. Regarding the temple in the New Earth, I take it you also disagree with Sister White.

PS - Actually, I don't understand the "Eh..." at the end of your last post.
I guess you could translate it in this context to something like a sceptical "Okeey", or a "yea, right..."

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.... [Re: vastergotland] #99461
05/18/08 11:59 AM
05/18/08 11:59 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Thomas, I take it then you disagree with Sister White's view on these two matters (the temple and the special resurrection). No problem. Thanx for sharing.

Re: The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.... [Re: Mountain Man] #99462
05/18/08 12:21 PM
05/18/08 12:21 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Bert, thank you for sharing your views. We'll know the truth about it soon enough, at least I hope so, that is, I hope Jesus will return within my lifetime. Regarding the temple in the New Earth, the clearest information on it is the SOP. That's why it came up on this thread. See quotes posted above.

Also, where in the prophecies of D&R are the numbers used anything but literal?

Re: The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.... [Re: Mountain Man] #99502
05/20/08 08:47 PM
05/20/08 08:47 PM
B
Bert  Offline
FL, USA
MM, I agree with you that the closeness of Christ's coming again can be almost discerned. There was an article in the newspaper this morning lamenting the weak responses to pleas for donations to various charities that serve areas in which a disaster has occurred. The consensus of opinion of the cause of the weak response is that there is one major disaster after another, and people are de-sensitized and numb from the overwhelming impact of these terrible disasters. Of course, as Christians, we have been warned that these things must come about right before Christ returns.

Your reference to numbers being literal. The 70 weeks prophecy in Daniel is not literal per se, but rather is changed to years. the same for the 2300 days, the 42 months prophecy, etc.

God bless!
Bert

Re: The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.... [Re: Bert] #99513
05/21/08 04:49 PM
05/21/08 04:49 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
BERT: Your reference to numbers being literal. The 70 weeks prophecy in Daniel is not literal per se, but rather is changed to years. the same for the 2300 days, the 42 months prophecy, etc.

MM: Are you saying the 70 weeks, 2300 days and 42 months are not literal numbers? I agree the things associated with the numbers are symbolic, but what about the number itself?

Re: The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.... [Re: Mountain Man] #99521
05/22/08 03:03 AM
05/22/08 03:03 AM
B
Bert  Offline
FL, USA
BERT: Your reference to numbers being literal. The 70 weeks prophecy in Daniel is not literal per se, but rather is changed to years. the same for the 2300 days, the 42 months prophecy, etc.

MM: Are you saying the 70 weeks, 2300 days and 42 months are not literal numbers? I agree the things associated with the numbers are symbolic, but what about the number itself?

Bert: The 70 weeks is changed to 490 years, the 2300 days are 2300 years and the 42 months is the same as the 1,260 days, which translates to 1,260 years, and is the same as the 'time, times and half a time'.

Re: The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.... [Re: Bert] #99533
05/22/08 06:03 PM
05/22/08 06:03 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Bert, so you agree that the numbers are literal, right? And, you agree that the things associated with the numbers are symbolic, right?

For example, the 70 weeks symbolize 70 weeks of literal years or 490 literal years beginning in 457 BC and ending in 34 AD. The 42 months and 1260 days symbolize 1260 literal years beginning in 538 AD and ending in 1798 AD.

In other words, do not believe the numbers are symbolic of undefined periods of time or undefined eras, with no definitive starting or ending dates, right?

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/21/24 04:50 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/21/24 02:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by kland. 05/17/24 04:47 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!