The following announcement was received by email:

Dear Friends,

I share with you the email which I received this morning regarding Elder Wood's death although I had gotten the word yesterday from another colleague. This email was sent by Elder Jim Nix, the Secretary of the Ellen G White Estate Board. Elder Wood has served as the Chairman of the Board since 1980. As many of you know he also served for several years as editor of the Adventist Review.

Larry R Evans
Undersecretary
General Conference of SDA

Subject: Death of Kenneth Wood

Dear Friend and Colleague,

In case the word has not already reached you, I have the sad task of informing you about the death of Elder Kenneth Wood yesterday afternoon around 3:00 PM. His 92 year old sister arrived from California Saturday night, and was driven immediately to see her brother. From what Elder Wood told his daughter Janet, he was determined to live until his sister arrived. I am told that the two had a nice visit. That accomplished, apparently Elder Wood was then ready to go asleep until the resurrection.

The immediate cause of death, I understand, was kidney failure. I am told that it was a peaceful death, he was not in pain when he died.

Earlier Sabbath afternoon Mindi and I, plus Tim Poirier and his family, went to see Elder Wood. Although very weak, with both arms swollen with fluid due his failing kidneys, he had not lost his firm handshake nor his sense of humor. Several of also commented on how bright his blue eyes also looked. Tim read a few lines from Selected Messages written by Ellen White to Marian Davis shortly before Marian died. Ed and Ann Zinke were also there, so all of us sang a few hymns. Elder Wood joined us, though he sang only in a whisper. Ed had prayer before we left. When I told Elder Wood good-bye, thanking him for all he has done for the White Estate and for me, I had no idea that I was saying good-bye for the last time--until we meet again when Jesus comes.

As of yesterday when I talked with Elder Wood's daughter, all plans relating to his services were still pending. There will be a viewing announced through regular General Conference channels; the grave side service will be private, for the immediate family only. Sometime in the future there will be a memorial service for both Elder Wood and Miriam. Janet said that the memorial service may not be until late summer or early fall since several of the people Elder Wood wanted to participate in the service will not be available until then due to prior travel commitments.

Again, announcements regarding the memorial service will be made as information becomes available . I won't start eulogizing Elder Wood in this email; I am still processing the great loss that his passing has brought to our church, the White Estate, and to me personally. However, with the Apostle John I earnestly pray, "Even so, come, Lord Jesus."

Please remember Elder Wood's family in your prayers. Having only recently lost Miriam, this is a very difficult time for all of them.

With warm Christian regards,

Jim Nix

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php