HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,631
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Kevin H, Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, TheophilusOne, 1 invisible), 3,633 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Is the shaking full upon us, and what are its attributes..? #99871
06/09/08 09:54 PM
06/09/08 09:54 PM
Rick H  Offline
OP
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
I am seeing more and more members letting go of the truth and the attributes seems to be letting go of the Sabbath, and stop believing in the testimonies given through the Spirit of Prophecy, and then a hardening of the heart against the truth that they once loved. So I beleive its on us full force, with many not even aware or with any understanding of its destructive purpose......Here are some points that I came across..

1 - False theories to destroy truth.

"When the shaking comes, by the introduction of false theories, these surface readers, anchored nowhere, are like shifting sand. They slide into any position to suit the tenor of their feelings of bitterness. . . Daniel and Revelation must be studied, as well as the other prophecies of the Old and New Testaments. Let there be light, yes, light, in your dwellings. For this we need to pray. The Holy Spirit, shining upon the sacred page, will open our understanding, that we may know what is truth."-Testimonies to Ministers, 112:1.

"The enemy will bring in false theories, such as the doctrine that there is no sanctuary. This is one of the points on which there will be a departing from the faith." -Evangelism, 224:3.

2 - The shaking occurs when the truth is refused.

"There is to be a shaking among God's people; but this is not the present truth to carry to the churches. It will be the result of refusing the truth presented." -2 Selected Messages, 13:1.

"The Lord is soon to come. There must be a refining, winnowing process in every church, for there are among us wicked men who do not love the truth or honor God."-Review, March 19, 1895.

"Not having received the love of the truth, they will be taken in the delusions of the enemy; they will give heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils and will depart from the faith."-6 Testimonies, 401 :0.

3 - The rejection of the straight testimony brings the shaking.

"I asked the meaning of the shaking I had seen and was shown that it would be caused by the straight testimony called forth by the counsel of the True Witness to the Laodiceans. This will have its effect upon the heart of the receiver, and will lead him to exalt the standard and pour forth the straight truth. Some will not bear this straight testimony. They will rise up against it, and this is what will cause a shaking among God's people. "-Early Writings, 270:2.

"The Lord calls for a renewal of the straight testimony borne in years past. He calls for a renewal of spiritual life. The spiritual energies of His people have long been torpid, but there is to be a resurrection from apparent death. By prayer and confession of sin we must clear the King's highway." -8 Testimonies, 297:5-6].

"One thing is certain: Those Seventh-day Adventists who take their stand under Satan's banner will first give up their faith in the warnings and reproofs contained in the Testimonies of God's Spirit." -3 Selected Messages, 84:3.

"The very last deception of Satan will be to make of none effect the testimony of the Spirit of God. 'Where there is no vision, the people perish,' (Proverbs 29:18). Satan will work ingeniously, in different ways and through different agencies, to unsettle the confidence of God's remnant people in the true testimony. "-1 Selected Messages, 48:3.

"The enemy has made his masterly efforts to unsettle the faith of our own people in the Testimonies. This is just as Satan designed it should be, and those who have been preparing the way for the people to pay no heed to the warnings and reproofs of the Testimonies of the Spirit of God will see that a tide of errors of all kinds will spring to life." - 3 Selected Messages, 83:3-4.

"It is Satan's plan to weaken the faith of God's people in the Testimonies. Next follows skepticism in regard to the vital points of our faith, the pillars of our position, then doubt as to the Holy Scriptures, and then the downward march to perdition. When the Testimonies, which were once believed, are doubted and given up, Satan knows the deceived ones will not stop at this; and he redoubles his efforts till he launches them into open rebellion, which becomes incurable and ends in destruction,"-4 Testimonies, 211:1.

4 - Disobedience brings the shaking.

"The history of the rebellion of Dathan and Abiram is being repeated, and will be repeated till the close of time. Who will be on the Lord's side? Who will be deceived, and in their turn become deceivers?" -Letter 15, 1892.

"The shaking of God blows away multitudeslike dry leaves."- 4 Testimonies, 89:2.

Now here is something that really left me thinking.............

In the last solemn work few great men will be engaged. They are self-sufficient, independent of God, and He cannot use them. The Lord has faithful servants, who in the shaking, testing time will be disclosed to view. There are preciousones now hidden who have not bowed the knee to Baal. They have not had the light which has been shining in a concentrated blaze upon you. But it may be under a rough and uninviting exterior the pure brightness of a genuine Christian character will be revealed. In the daytime we look toward heaven but do not see the stars. They are there, fixed in the firmament, but the eye cannot distinguish them. In the night we behold their genuine luster.

"The time is not far distant when the test will come to every soul. The mark of the beast will be urged upon us. Those who have step by step yielded to worldly customs will not find it a hard matter to yield to the powers that be, rather than subject themselves derision, insult, threatened imprisonment, and death." -5 Testimonies, 80:1- 81:1.

"As the storm approaches, a large class who have professed faith in the third angel's message, but have not been sanctified through obedience to the truth, abandon their position, and join the ranks of the opposition. By uniting with the world and partaking of its spirit, they have come to view matters in nearly the same light; and when the test is brought, they are prepared to choose the easy, popular side. Men of talent and pleasing address, who once rejoiced in the truth, employ their powers to deceive and mislead souls. They become the most bitter enemies of their former brethren. When Sabbathkeepers are brought before the courts to answer for their faith, these apostates are the most efficient agents of Satan to misrepresent and accuse them, and by false reports and insinuations to stir up the rulers against them."-Great Controversy, 608:2.

"Some had been shaken out and left by the way. The careless and indifferent, who did not join with those who prized victory and salvation enough to perseveringly plead and agonize for it, did not obtain it, and they were left behind in darkness, and their places were Immediately filled by others taking hold of the truth and coming into the ranks,"-Early Writings, 271:1.

Re: Is the shaking full upon us, and what are its attributes..? [Re: Rick H] #99885
06/10/08 07:02 PM
06/10/08 07:02 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Did you read all of these documents in their entierity when compiling this document Richard?

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: Is the shaking full upon us, and what are its attributes..? [Re: vastergotland] #99886
06/10/08 07:08 PM
06/10/08 07:08 PM
Rick H  Offline
OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Bring them as you see fit, so we can study them in case there was something missed.......

Last edited by Richard; 06/10/08 07:09 PM.
Re: Is the shaking full upon us, and what are its attributes..? [Re: Rick H] #99887
06/10/08 08:06 PM
06/10/08 08:06 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
\:\) It was a question that can be answered with a yes or a no.

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: Is the shaking full upon us, and what are its attributes..? [Re: vastergotland] #99888
06/10/08 08:42 PM
06/10/08 08:42 PM
Rick H  Offline
OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Somehow I dont think so, it feels more like.. dont like the message, attack the messenger....

Re: Is the shaking full upon us, and what are its attributes..? [Re: Rick H] #99892
06/11/08 02:41 AM
06/11/08 02:41 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
I could ask, are we to let ourselves be governed by what we know or by what we feel about that which we know?

Galatians 2

Re: Is the shaking full upon us, and what are its attributes..? [Re: vastergotland] #99893
06/11/08 02:55 AM
06/11/08 02:55 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
I will also add, I cannot dislike the message due to not knowing what it is which in turn is due to the method of its delivery. Out of ten people who use Ellen to compile "infomation" such as you have done above, 9.5 or more ignore context hoping that the audience wont do background checks as that makes for so much more smooth "messages". Not having looking further at this particular case, it is possible that you belong to the 0.5 or that you just cut and paste someone elses compilation. The later would of course have been made clear had you simply decided to reply rather than to play guessing games.

Galatians 2

Re: Is the shaking full upon us, and what are its attributes..? [Re: vastergotland] #99896
06/11/08 02:45 PM
06/11/08 02:45 PM
Rick H  Offline
OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
So my brother, if I give you I say its in chapter and verse John 1:1, or "Great Controversy, 608:2.", that just isnt enough for you to look it up......?

I think you are just trying to nip at the messenger, and disregard the message with excuses......

Last edited by Richard; 06/11/08 02:48 PM.
Re: Is the shaking full upon us, and what are its attributes..? [Re: Rick H] #99897
06/11/08 07:22 PM
06/11/08 07:22 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Most of your quotes are 1-3 sentences long but looking for context takes chapters to read for each quote. I currently have no time for that. I am sorry you were unable to answer my simple question. Perhaps your silence is an indication that you have indeed not read the contexts. In any case, there is nothing more to say in this thread. To each his own...

Galatians 2

Re: Is the shaking full upon us, and what are its attributes..? [Re: vastergotland] #99898
06/11/08 09:37 PM
06/11/08 09:37 PM
Rick H  Offline
OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
 Originally Posted By: västergötland
Most of your quotes are 1-3 sentences long but looking for context takes chapters to read for each quote. I currently have no time for that. I am sorry you were unable to answer my simple question. Perhaps your silence is an indication that you have indeed not read the contexts. In any case, there is nothing more to say in this thread. To each his own...

Then why go after the messenger if it was nothing, dig into the truth being brought and see what is there.....

If there is any question on context, bring it up and we can all look at it together. Thats how it should be done as a norm if the passages are in question, not try to taint by implication...

Last edited by Richard; 06/11/08 10:54 PM.
Re: Is the shaking full upon us, and what are its attributes..? [Re: Rick H] #99905
06/12/08 04:26 PM
06/12/08 04:26 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
As I said, not really knowing what the message is, I have said nothing regarding it. It is the method used for delivering it (and for forming it?) that is my concern. IMO, this kind of prooftext approach comes just after the guy who introduces himself as "habitual lier" on a reliability scale (based on experience, almost every time I have taken time to look things up, original context tears whatever plot being pushed to shreads. Even if the plot itself is true and sound, it usually cannot be supported by this way in general and by the quotes used in particular).

Galatians 2

Re: Is the shaking full upon us, and what are its attributes..? [Re: vastergotland] #99908
06/12/08 05:03 PM
06/12/08 05:03 PM
Rick H  Offline
OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Even if you were given the whole chapter or book to read, I am afraid you would find a excuse or dodge to reject what is a very clear message.......

Last edited by Richard; 06/12/08 05:06 PM.
Re: Is the shaking full upon us, and what are its attributes..? [Re: Rick H] #99909
06/12/08 05:09 PM
06/12/08 05:09 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
I could find the books to read for myself. What I asked and what you still have declined to comment upon is wether you read those books and documents for yourself and thus can answer for their responcible quoting yourself.

Galatians 2

Re: Is the shaking full upon us, and what are its attributes..? [Re: vastergotland] #99910
06/12/08 05:18 PM
06/12/08 05:18 PM
C
Colin  Offline
Active Member 2012
Very Dedicated Member
E. Oregon, USA
Ah, these are all (bar one "letter") official compilations: the wider context may not be much bigger than the bit quoted here...: I'll check if my hardcopies include one or two of these books.

Thomas, don't you trust the White Estate? - or is the concentrated SOP as abbreviated in the thematic compilations just too direct a statement? Don't you take this compiled, quoted summary as clear enough a message? - do you require the entire context? - that may not be available in the referenced books: isn't the White Estate trying to save you some superfluous research, or don't you think the point made by these quotes is correct.

I'll definitely stop here!;:-)

Re: Is the shaking full upon us, and what are its attributes..? [Re: vastergotland] #99912
06/12/08 06:08 PM
06/12/08 06:08 PM
Rick H  Offline
OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
I could find the books to read for myself. What I asked and what you still have declined to comment upon is wether you read those books and documents for yourself and thus can answer for their responcible quoting yourself.

I have quite a extensive selection of EGW books available and have read them, and can check to see if I am missing any that were published, but you can check http://www.whiteestate.org/ or other online resources if you want to validate.

Last edited by Richard; 06/12/08 06:29 PM.
Re: Is the shaking full upon us, and what are its attributes..? [Re: Colin] #99913
06/12/08 06:53 PM
06/12/08 06:53 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
 Originally Posted By: Colin
Ah, these are all (bar one "letter") official compilations: the wider context may not be much bigger than the bit quoted here...:
The context is then not to be found in the books referenced but in the documents the original cutters and pasters stole it from.
 Quote:
I'll check if my hardcopies include one or two of these books.

Thomas, don't you trust the White Estate?
To compile books for me? No I dont.
 Quote:
- or is the concentrated SOP as abbreviated in the thematic compilations just too direct a statement?
A direct statement it might look like but is it one that would get Ellens or Gods approval?
 Quote:
Don't you take this compiled, quoted summary as clear enough a message?
Not until I am satisfied that it is a true message.
 Quote:
- do you require the entire context?
Context makes miralces with arguments based on prooftexting. Just one month ago, someone wanted to use this quote:

Christ is waiting with longing desire for the manifestation of Himself in His church. When the character of Christ shall be perfectly reproduced in His people, then He will come to claim them as His own.

to gain Ellens support for a works based teaching on righteousness. The problem centers on ignoring the previous definitions given:

There can be no growth or fruitfulness in the life that is centered in self. If you have accepted Christ as a personal Saviour, you are to forget yourself, and try to help others. Talk of the love of Christ, tell of His goodness. Do every duty that presents itself. Carry the burden of souls upon your heart, and by every means in your power seek to save the lost. As you receive the Spirit of Christ--the Spirit of unselfish love and labor for others--you will grow and bring forth fruit. The graces of the Spirit will ripen in your character. Your faith will increase, your convictions deepen, your love be made perfect. More and more you will reflect the likeness of Christ in all that is pure, noble, and lovely.

By itself the first passage is a tool for those who push selfmade righteousness through our efforts at keeping the law, but in its true context we learn that it has only one foundation and one goal, Jesus our Lord.
 Quote:
- that may not be available in the referenced books:
If its not in the published books to begin with, even more care must by necessity be taken before any application should be attempted.
 Quote:
isn't the White Estate trying to save you some superfluous research,
In swedish I would call it a bears favour (after an old fable that goes like this. A man had a bear and the two were good friends. One night the man was sleaping and the bear was watching over him. At some time in the night, a fly came and sat on the mans face. The bear did not want the man to wake up unnececarily so he decided to help. The bear took his paw and swatted the fly, and in the process broke the neck of the man. The intention may be good but the results are non the less disasterous.)
 Quote:
or don't you think the point made by these quotes is correct.

I'll definitely stop here!;:-)

Galatians 2

Re: Is the shaking full upon us, and what are its attributes..? [Re: Rick H] #99914
06/12/08 07:42 PM
06/12/08 07:42 PM
Rick H  Offline
OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
As I said.. If there is any question on context, bring it up and we can all look at it together and agree on context and add a correction if applicable to anything that needs it...

Last edited by Richard; 06/12/08 07:46 PM.
Re: Is the shaking full upon us, and what are its attributes..? [Re: vastergotland] #99918
06/12/08 11:57 PM
06/12/08 11:57 PM
C
Colin  Offline
Active Member 2012
Very Dedicated Member
E. Oregon, USA
Christ is waiting with longing desire for the manifestation of Himself in His church. When the character of Christ shall be perfectly reproduced in His people, then He will come to claim them as His own.
Yes, that is a famous statement! How could it possibly be interpreted by anyone as arguing for self-righteous salvation?? "Christ is waiting" etc.: Christo-centric!...Oh, do you personally not think that this text is referring to the final fruit of Christ's Gospel ministry, in the heavenly day of atonement?

I listened to the whole weekend talks in Sweden (posted online, made available here recently) by Dr Daniel Duda: he doesn't think this quote is literally true, either, as it happens. Can't avoid its simple message, myself.

As for the 'prooftexting', I've got all the hardcopies - as should both of you two! You want all the contexts checked? The reliability of any compilation can be checked,...but you do know, don't you, that the task of assembling compilations was bequeathed to the White Estate with its existence. We must each check, so Richard may not do your homework for you - he isn't allowed to; but, you must be willing to examine it yourself.

Therefore, any concerns/questions with any excerpt: the onus is on you. Richard said at the very beginning that he has witnessed people doing whats described in these quotes, so he's happy they're true and accurate in context: that does leave you to examine in detail with us any queries you have.

Re: Is the shaking full upon us, and what are its attributes..? [Re: Colin] #99922
06/13/08 02:58 AM
06/13/08 02:58 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
 Originally Posted By: Colin
Yes, that is a famous statement! How could it possibly be interpreted by anyone as arguing for self-righteous salvation?? "Christ is waiting" etc.: Christo-centric!...Oh, do you personally not think that this text is referring to the final fruit of Christ's Gospel ministry, in the heavenly day of atonement?

I listened to the whole weekend talks in Sweden (posted online, made available here recently) by Dr Daniel Duda: he doesn't think this quote is literally true, either, as it happens. Can't avoid its simple message, myself.
As I said, Ellen tells us throughout the chapter what she means in these two sentences. With the whole context of the chapter, I think its a good word. But used without its context, cutting it out for its "simple message" by itself, then no. If the later is how you want to use this text, please keep it to yourself.

Galatians 2

Re: Is the shaking full upon us, and what are its attributes..? [Re: vastergotland] #99923
06/13/08 12:27 PM
06/13/08 12:27 PM
Rick H  Offline
OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
So I guess you would have us use whole chapters, somehow I doubt it will make any difference..

Last edited by Richard; 06/13/08 03:03 PM.
Re: Is the shaking full upon us, and what are its attributes..? [Re: Rick H] #99924
06/13/08 03:50 PM
06/13/08 03:50 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
 Originally Posted By: Richard
So I guess you would have us use whole chapters, somehow I doubt it will make any difference..
It does a world of difference for the credibility of your message.

Galatians 2

Re: Is the shaking full upon us, and what are its attributes..? [Re: vastergotland] #99925
06/13/08 03:52 PM
06/13/08 03:52 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Another thing you could try is making your case from the bible. That also would strongly enhance the message.

Galatians 2

Re: Is the shaking full upon us, and what are its attributes..? [Re: Rick H] #99926
06/13/08 04:09 PM
06/13/08 04:09 PM
C
Colin  Offline
Active Member 2012
Very Dedicated Member
E. Oregon, USA
Back to your opening comment, Richard...
 Originally Posted By: Richard
I am seeing more and more members letting go of the truth and the attributes seems to be letting go of the Sabbath, and stop believing in the testimonies given through the Spirit of Prophecy, and then a hardening of the heart against the truth that they once loved. So I beleive its on us full force, with many not even aware or with any understanding of its destructive purpose......Here are some points that I came across..

I haven't seen that as clearly cut as you have, where I am, but the idealistic, practical Godliness Gospel message itself of the Testimonies is perhaps rather reluctantly promoted by the laity themselves - at least in open session like Sabbath School.

Confidence is down; it's increasingly difficult to be a spiritual Adventist rather than a social Adventist...without believing that the Bible teaches what Sister White wrote in her support of the Advent Movement & message.

I do believe such, taking my cue from Herbert Douglass and his ilk of the 20th century pastors and theologians, and I'm glad and confident for doing that.

Re: Is the shaking full upon us, and what are its attributes..? [Re: Colin] #99943
06/14/08 05:14 PM
06/14/08 05:14 PM
Tammy Roesch  Offline
North East OHIO
I thought these were very powerful and enlightening quotes, Richard...and appreciate them very much!

Christ is waiting with longing desire for the manifestation of Himself in His church. When the character of Christ shall be perfectly reproduced in His people, then He will come to claim them as His own. {COL 69}

Re: Is the shaking full upon us, and what are its attributes..? [Re: Tammy Roesch] #99945
06/14/08 07:44 PM
06/14/08 07:44 PM
Tammy Roesch  Offline
North East OHIO
Beings the shaking started so many years ago, like over 120 years ago, how do we know that it isn't almost over with?

Christ is waiting with longing desire for the manifestation of Himself in His church. When the character of Christ shall be perfectly reproduced in His people, then He will come to claim them as His own. {COL 69}

Re: Is the shaking full upon us, and what are its attributes..? [Re: Tammy Roesch] #99947
06/14/08 10:38 PM
06/14/08 10:38 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
I thought "the" shaking will occur during the mark of the beast crisis?

4T 89
I was pointed to the providence of God among His people and was shown that every trial made by the refining, purifying process upon professed Christians proves some to be dross. The fine gold does not always appear. In every religious crisis some fall under temptation. The shaking of God blows away multitudes like dry leaves. Prosperity multiplies a mass of professors. Adversity purges them out of the church. As a class, their spirits are not steadfast with God. They go out from us because they are not of us; for when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, many are offended. {4T 89.2}

5T 80, 81
The Lord has faithful servants, who in the shaking, testing time will be [future tense] disclosed to view. There are precious ones now hidden who have not bowed the knee to Baal. They have not had the light which has been shining in a concentrated blaze upon you. But it may be under a rough and uninviting exterior the pure brightness of a genuine Christian character will be revealed. In the day time we look toward heaven but do not see the stars. They are there, fixed in the firmament, but the eye cannot distinguish them. In the night we behold their genuine luster. {5T 80.1}

The time is not far distant when the test will come to every soul. The mark of the beast will be urged upon us. Those who have step by step yielded to worldly demands and conformed to worldly customs will not find it a hard matter to yield to the powers that be, rather than subject themselves to derision, insult, threatened imprisonment, and death. The contest is between the commandments of God and the commandments of men. In this time the gold will be separated from the dross in the church. True godliness will be clearly distinguished from the appearance and tinsel of it. Many a star that we have admired for its brilliancy will then go out in darkness. Chaff like a cloud will be borne away on the wind, even from places where we see only floors of rich wheat. All who assume the ornaments of the sanctuary, but are not clothed with Christ's righteousness, will appear in the shame of their own nakedness. {5T 81.1}

---

Yes, 107 years ago she wrote the following:

6T 331, 332 [1901]
If we only knew what is before us we would not be so dilatory in the work of the Lord. We are in the shaking time, the time when everything that can be shaken will be shaken. The Lord will not excuse those who know the truth if they do not in word and deed obey His commands. If we make no effort to win souls to Christ we shall be held responsible for the work we might have done, but did not do because of our spiritual indolence. Those who belong to the Lord's kingdom must work earnestly for the saving of souls. They must do their part to bind up the law and seal it among the disciples. {6T 331.2}

But she also wrote the following:

I was shown the company present at the Conference. Said the angel: "Some food for worms, some subjects of the seven last plagues, some will be alive and remain upon the earth to be translated at the coming of Jesus."--1T 131, 132 (1856). {LDE 36.3}

Because time is short, we should work with diligence and double energy. Our children may never enter college.--3T 159 (1872). {LDE 36.4}

It is really not wise to have children now. Time is short, the perils of the last days are upon us, and the little children will be largely swept off before this.--Letter 48, 1876. {LDE 36.5}

In this age of the world, as the scenes of earth's history are soon to close and we are about to enter upon the time of trouble such as never was, the fewer the marriages contracted the better for all, both men and women.--5T 366 (1885). {LDE 37.1}

The hour will come; it is not far distant, and some of us who now believe will be alive upon the earth, and shall see the prediction verified, and hear the voice of the archangel and the trump of God echo from mountain and plain and sea to the uttermost parts of the earth.--RH July 31, 1888. {LDE 37.2}

The time of test is just upon us, for the loud cry of the third angel has already begun in the revelation of the righteousness of Christ, the sin-pardoning Redeemer.--1SM 363 (1892). {LDE 37.3}

The long night of gloom is trying, but the morning is deferred in mercy, because if the Master should come so many would be found unready.--2T 194 (1868). {LDE 37.4}

Had Adventists after the great disappointment in 1844 held fast their faith and followed on unitedly in the opening providence of God, receiving the message of the third angel and in the power of the Holy Spirit proclaiming it to the world, they would have seen the salvation of God, the Lord would have wrought mightily with their efforts, the work would have been completed, and Christ would have come ere this to receive His people to their reward. . . . It was not the will of God that the coming of Christ should be thus delayed. . . . {LDE 37.5}

For forty years did unbelief, murmuring, and rebellion shut out ancient Israel from the land of Canaan. The same sins have delayed the entrance of modern Israel into the heavenly Canaan. In neither case were the promises of God at fault. It is the unbelief, the worldliness, unconsecration, and strife among the Lord's professed people that have kept us in this world of sin and sorrow so many years.--Ev 695, 696 (1883). {LDE 38.1}

Had the church of Christ done her appointed work as the Lord ordained, the whole world would before this have been warned and the Lord Jesus would have come to our earth in power and great glory.--DA 633, 634 (1898). {LDE 38.2}

Could it be that the shaking, which began 100 years ago, ended because the church wasn't ready?

Re: Is the shaking full upon us, and what are its attributes..? [Re: Mountain Man] #99952
06/14/08 11:22 PM
06/14/08 11:22 PM
Tammy Roesch  Offline
North East OHIO
We are discussing this on our forum as well, so I'll c/p some thoughts from there:

The shaking is the preaching of the straight truth, right? Think about this quote ~ and note that it is under the title "The Testimonies Slighted" (Isn't that what The Shaking is caused by- the rejection of the testimonies?), and it was written in 1882.

Quote:
The patience of God has an object, but you are defeating it. He is allowing a state of things to come that you would fain see counteracted by and by, but it will be too late. God commanded Elijah to anoint the cruel and deceitful Hazael king over Syria, that he might be a scourge to idolatrous Israel. Who knows whether God will not give you up to the deceptions you love? Who knows but that the preachers who are faithful, firm, and true may be the last who shall offer the gospel of peace to our unthankful churches? It may be that the destroyers are already training under the hand of Satan and only wait the departure of a few more standard-bearers to take their places, and with the voice of the false prophet cry, "Peace, peace," when the Lord hath not spoken peace. I seldom weep, but now I find my eyes blinded with tears; they are falling upon my paper as I write. It may be that erelong all prophesyings among us will be at an end, and the voice which has stirred the people may no longer disturb their carnal slumbers. {5T 77.1}
When God shall work His strange work on the earth, when holy hands bear the ark no longer, woe will be upon the people. Oh, that thou hadst known, even thou, in this thy day, the things that belong unto thy peace! Oh, that our people may, as did Nineveh, repent with all their might and believe with all their heart, that God may turn away His fierce anger from them. {5T 77.2}

In 1882, there were faithful preachers who were preaching the straight testimony....and she feared that those might be the last of the faithful preachers. Look at the last paragraph ~
 Quote:
When God shall work His strange work on the earth, when holy hands bear the ark no longer, woe will be upon the people. Oh, that thou hadst known, even thou, in this thy day, the things that belong unto thy peace! Oh, that our people may, as did Nineveh, repent with all their might and believe with all their heart, that God may turn away His fierce anger from them. {5T 77.2}

In 1882, God was very angry with our church...."fierce anger" is the words she chose to use.... She was calling for the church to repent "as did Ninevah"..."with all their might and believe with all their heart". Has the church done that? That was over 125 years ago! We must ask ourselves, in the last 125 years, which direction has the church gone, has it become more spiritual, or more worldly? Anyone with eyes to see must admit, the church has become more worldly. (I'm speaking of the church as a WHOLE.) Obviously, as a church, we have not repented.... I fear that those very well could have been the last faithful preachers.

Yes, there have been a few here and there since then, just as there are a few faithful preachers in other churches....but as a WHOLE....

Re: Is the shaking full upon us, and what are its attributes..? [Re: Tammy Roesch] #99954
06/14/08 11:46 PM
06/14/08 11:46 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
"I fear that those very well could have been the last faithful preachers."

If so, what good would the shaking do? The shaking is supposed to sift out the ungodly so that only the faithful remain, right? If there are none faithful remaining in the Church, then sifting out the ungodly would result in the termination of the church, right?

LDE 179
The great issue so near at hand [enforcement of Sunday laws] will weed out those whom God has not appointed and He will have a pure, true, sanctified ministry prepared for the latter rain.--3SM 385 (1886). {LDE 179.2}

5T 79
We have been inclined to think that where there are no faithful ministers there can be no true Christians, but this is not the case. God has promised that where the shepherds are not true He will take charge of the flock Himself. God has never made the flock wholly dependent upon human instrumentalities. But the days of purification of the church are hastening on apace. God will have a people pure and true. In the mighty sifting soon to take place we shall be better able to measure the strength of Israel. The signs reveal that the time is near when the Lord will manifest that His fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly purge His floor. {5T 79.4}

Re: Is the shaking full upon us, and what are its attributes..? [Re: Mountain Man] #99956
06/15/08 12:03 AM
06/15/08 12:03 AM
Tammy Roesch  Offline
North East OHIO
Can't answer that....but she is the one who said it...

Re: Is the shaking full upon us, and what are its attributes..? [Re: Tammy Roesch] #99965
06/15/08 03:35 PM
06/15/08 03:35 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
As you see it, Tammy, what will become of the Church after the Shaking has done its appointed work? Will the SDA Church as a whole remain, purified and sanctified, prepared for the latter rain? Or, will the SDA Church as a whole cease to exist?

Re: Is the shaking full upon us, and what are its attributes..? [Re: Tammy Roesch] #99966
06/15/08 03:36 PM
06/15/08 03:36 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
As you see it, Tammy, what will become of the Church after the Shaking has done its appointed work? Will the SDA Church as a whole remain, purified and sanctified, prepared for the latter rain? Or, will the SDA Church as a whole cease to exist?

Re: Is the shaking full upon us, and what are its attributes..? [Re: Mountain Man] #100034
06/17/08 08:20 AM
06/17/08 08:20 AM
J
jennes  Offline
New Member (Starting to Post)
Jamaica
as i understand it only the true belier will be seal.so if you are a s d a and you are not beying God you wont getting the latter rain.you need to do more study on it.

Re: Is the shaking full upon us, and what are its attributes..? [Re: Mountain Man] #100035
06/17/08 08:24 AM
06/17/08 08:24 AM
J
jennes  Offline
New Member (Starting to Post)
Jamaica
as i understand it only the true beliver will be seal.so if you are a s d a and you are not obeying God you wont getting the latter rain.you need to do more study on it.

Re: Is the shaking full upon us, and what are its attributes..? [Re: jennes] #100050
06/17/08 07:32 PM
06/17/08 07:32 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Jennes, welcome. Yes, I agree, God will place His seal during the mark of the beast crisis on only those believers who are living in harmony with the three angels' messages.

But what about the shaking? Will the SDA church survive the shaking? Or, will Jesus raise up yet another Movement to replace the SDA church and appoint it to finish proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/12/24 10:01 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!