HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,200
Posts195,682
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 15
kland 2
asygo 1
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
7 registered members (dedication, TheophilusOne, daylily, Karen Y, Kevin H, 2 invisible), 2,418 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16
Re: How does God prevent evil men and angels from exceeding His established limits? [Re: Tom] #109437
03/05/09 06:43 PM
03/05/09 06:43 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: Tom
M: BTW, please explain to me how God prevents evil men and angels from exceeding His established limits without violating their freedoms or losing the GC.

T: I already answered this. This was the very first post of this thread (after yours).

Here's what you wrote: "How does God decide which to allow and which not to? I don't know that it's possible to say exactly why, but a possible guiding principle might be to allow that which will in the long run maximize freedom for the universe as a whole. Another way of answering the question is that God works in such as way as to bring sin to an end as quickly as possible."

Tom, this doesn't even come close to answering my question. My question assumes there are good reasons why God permits evil men and angels to harm good and innocent people. Therefore, my question is - How does God prevent them from exceeding His established limits? So far you haven't answered this question.

Quote:
M: All the Bible and SOP quotes I've posted lately show angels using force to prevent evil men and angels from exceeding the established limits of God. Please point to one that doesn't.

T: You don't need to cite *any* texts. Just tell me how you think this works. This is what I'm asking. I'm not asking for proof of anything, just wanting to understand what your thinking is.

The texts describe how the angels used force to ensure things played out properly, that things did not exceed God's established limits. Do you agree that the passages I posted portray angels doing things to prevent evil men and angles from exceeding God's limits?

Re: How does God prevent evil men and angels from exceeding His established limits? [Re: Mountain Man] #109440
03/05/09 07:55 PM
03/05/09 07:55 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
M: BTW, please explain to me how God prevents evil men and angels from exceeding His established limits without violating their freedoms or losing the GC.

T: I already answered this. This was the very first post of this thread (after yours).

M:Here's what you wrote:

You quoted the wrong thing. This was in answer to a different question. Actually I should have said I answered this on the first page, because I asked for clarification ("You mean like Job?"), which you provided ("yes"), and then I responded to that.(quote from GC 36) It's all on the first page of this thread.

Quote:
Therefore, my question is - How does God prevent them from exceeding His established limits? So far you haven't answered this question.

We discussed this. Look on the first page of this thread.

Quote:
T: You don't need to cite *any* texts. Just tell me how you think this works. This is what I'm asking. I'm not asking for proof of anything, just wanting to understand what your thinking is.

M:The texts describe how the angels used force to ensure things played out properly, that things did not exceed God's established limits. Do you agree that the passages I posted portray angels doing things to prevent evil men and angles from exceeding God's limits?

I asked for a text dealing with God's using physical force to constrain men, which is what you said He does, and you gave me 12 or 15 text speaking of angels. So I asked for just 1 dealing with my question, or to put it in your words, and you refused. So I asked again, and you've refused again.

So I'll ask again. You wrote that God uses physical force to prevent evil men from going past His established limits. How does He do this? With an invisible force field? Something else? What?

Regarding your question, they don't address my question, because they don't speak of physical force being used to constrain men.

How does God use "physical force" to prevent evil men from doing things. I'm particularly interested int the "physical force" part of your assertion.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: How does God prevent evil men and angels from exceeding His established limits? [Re: Mountain Man] #109467
03/06/09 02:39 PM
03/06/09 02:39 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
So I'll ask again. You wrote that God uses physical force to prevent evil men from going past His established limits. How does He do this? With an invisible force field? Something else? What?

MM, I've been waiting for your answer to Tom's question, too.

The only answer I can imagine you have given is that God farms it out to hit men (or hit angels, as the case may be).

Re: How does God prevent evil men and angels from exceeding His established limits? [Re: kland] #109545
03/07/09 10:41 PM
03/07/09 10:41 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
How does God use "physical force" to prevent evil men from doing things. I'm particularly interested int the "physical force" part of your assertion.

I am talking about God using physical force to prevent evil men and evil angels to prevent them from exceeding His established limits. The quotes I posted depict holy angels using physical force to do it. I believe this illustrates how God does it.

I have no idea what you are referring to on the first page of this thread which you feel answers the question. Please repost it. Thank you.

Re: How does God prevent evil men and angels from exceeding His established limits? [Re: Tom] #109551
03/08/09 12:10 AM
03/08/09 12:10 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Regarding request of repost from first page:

M: And, how does He prevent them from exceeding His established limits and boundaries without violating their freedoms?

T: Can you be more specific on this one. Do you mean, for example, how God prevented Satan from killing Job?

T:Yes. How does God prevent evil men and angels from doing things to others that would go beyond what He is willing to allow?

M:Here's something which speaks to this:

EGW:We cannot know how much we owe to Christ for the peace and protection which we enjoy. It is the restraining power of God that prevents mankind from passing fully under the control of Satan. The disobedient and unthankful have great reason for gratitude for God's mercy and long-suffering in holding in check the cruel, malignant power of the evil one. (GC 36)

T:This speaks of "the restraining power of God" being used to protect us.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: How does God prevent evil men and angels from exceeding His established limits? [Re: Tom] #109552
03/08/09 12:11 AM
03/08/09 12:11 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
I am talking about God using physical force to prevent evil men and evil angels to prevent them from exceeding His established limits. The quotes I posted depict holy angels using physical force to do it. I believe this illustrates how God does it.

You asserted before that God uses physical force to restrain evil men. I've been asking how you see that God does this. You say here that somehow the quotes you posted "illustrate" this. Illustrate it how? How does God use physical force to restrain evil men?

Re: How does God prevent evil men and angels from exceeding His established limits? [Re: Tom] #109602
03/09/09 12:20 AM
03/09/09 12:20 AM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Tom, the GC 36 simply says God restrains evil. But it doesn't explain how.

And, the quotes I posted depicts holy angels using physical force which is how God does it. He does it indirectly.

Re: How does God prevent evil men and angels from exceeding His established limits? [Re: Mountain Man] #109606
03/09/09 01:22 AM
03/09/09 01:22 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
You're saying angels use physical force against evil men? Like an invisible force field?

Re: How does God prevent evil men and angels from exceeding His established limits? [Re: Tom] #109635
03/09/09 06:48 PM
03/09/09 06:48 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Not like a force shield, but like the way described in the quotes I posted. For example:

Satan had questioned whether Jesus was the Son of God. In his summary dismissal he had proof that he could not gainsay. Divinity flashed through suffering humanity. Satan had no power to resist the command. Writhing with humiliation and rage, he was forced to withdraw from the presence of the world's Redeemer. Christ's victory was as complete as had been the failure of Adam. {DA 130.3}

Even the devils were forced to confess, "Thou art the Holy One of God." Mark 1:24. {DA 467.4}

Had not the Roman soldiers interposed, and forced back the maddened throng, the Saviour would have been torn in pieces. {DA 731.1}

The Egyptians could no longer discern the camp of the Hebrews, and were forced to halt. {PP 284.3}

Divinity flashed through humanity, and was seen by the scoffing priests and rulers. Was it acknowledged? Some acknowledged that He was the Christ, but the larger portion of those who upon these special occasions were forced to see that He was the Son of God, refused to receive Him. {5BC 1129.4}

These are the words of One of whom even His enemies were forced to admit: "Never man spake like this Man." {5T 433.2}

Even the men who were sent to spy upon His actions were forced to return with the report to those who sent them, "Never man spake like this man" (John 7:46). {TDG 143.3}

Re: How does God prevent evil men and angels from exceeding His established limits? [Re: Mountain Man] #109636
03/09/09 06:50 PM
03/09/09 06:50 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Tom, you still haven't explained how you think God prevents evil men and angels from exceeding His established limits in what He is willing to let them do to good and innocent people.

Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 06/13/24 11:31 AM
Spiritual Evolution
by dedication. 06/10/24 04:22 AM
Soul and Body sleep
by dedication. 06/10/24 12:21 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 06/09/24 06:50 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 06/07/24 08:04 PM
Deceptive Doctrines of Devils
by dedication. 06/07/24 05:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 06/07/24 01:04 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 06/06/24 05:13 PM
Messages for This Time
by Rick H. 05/30/24 09:44 AM
Meaning of Lazarus and the Rich Man
by dedication. 05/27/24 10:56 PM
What is the Biblical Reckoning of a Day?
by dedication. 05/27/24 01:26 AM
The Flood
by Rick H. 05/25/24 09:12 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 06/15/24 10:48 PM
The Investigative Judgment
by Rick H. 06/15/24 08:22 PM
Will we continue to sin till the end?
by Rick H. 06/15/24 08:15 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by daylily. 06/15/24 08:14 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 06/10/24 07:32 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by dedication. 06/06/24 10:25 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 05/30/24 09:50 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/28/24 12:05 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!