HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,200
Posts195,683
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
Daryl 1
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
8 registered members (Daryl, Karen Y, Kevin H, dedication, TheophilusOne, daylily, 2 invisible), 2,404 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 43 of 91 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 90 91
Re: plagues [Re: Mountain Man] #115931
07/13/09 06:27 PM
07/13/09 06:27 PM
teresaq  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Originally Posted By: Tom
MM, I'm presenting a detailed response to your post, but I can't help but notice that you haven't answered the questioned asked of you three times now I think. Here it is once more:

"What if you find out that God doesn't punish and destroy people but permits them to separate from Him and the result is death? How would that make you feel?"

As I've been saying, I've very interested in your answer to this. I hope you'll answer.

Tom, this question reminds me people who ask, What if you get to heaven and find out that Jesus really did change the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday, that Sunday wasn't the mark of the beast? How would that make you feel?
who asks this? not saying no one does, it just seems that those who try to trick me into saying sabbath keeping is legalism would have tried that on me by now.

most people i know are non-sda, many of them church-goers of other denominations.

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Re: plagues [Re: Mountain Man] #115935
07/13/09 06:34 PM
07/13/09 06:34 PM
teresaq  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
There is also no doubt that God punishes and destroys unrepentant sinners.
then what is His "strange act"? since He has been killing and destroying all along, what exactly is that "strange act" of His?

Quote:
I suppose I can satisfy your question and say, If I get to heaven and find out that God only used the "withdraw and permit principle" to allow separated sinners to suffer and die I would be perfectly happy to have been wrong all this time.
glad to hear it. smile there are very many who, for various reasons, get quite upset that God wont torture and torment the lost for eternity. they need the lost to be hurt and badly.

i have no idea how it will play out, but i suspect, as my picture keeps changing from that angry, vengeful God, that it will be completely shattered on that horrible day.

i also find myself looking for more and more ways i can serve Him, not so i can go to heaven, or so i can avoid being "punished" and "roasted" but because He is so good!! i want to be like that.

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Re: plagues [Re: Mountain Man] #115937
07/13/09 06:42 PM
07/13/09 06:42 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: teresaq
but thats what the papacy did, mm....shall we water it down?

Actually, Arnold was talking God not the papacy. He wrote:

1) God sometimes allows painful things to happen, if that will be eternally beneficial.

2) God sometimes causes painful things to happen, if that will be eternally beneficial.

For Tom to use words like "torture", "violence", and "force" in this context is unfair and, in my opinion, unkind.

Re: plagues [Re: teresaq] #115939
07/13/09 06:49 PM
07/13/09 06:49 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
MM, I'm presenting a detailed response to your post, but I can't help but notice that you haven't answered the questioned asked of you three times now I think. Here it is once more:

"What if you find out that God doesn't punish and destroy people but permits them to separate from Him and the result is death? How would that make you feel?"

As I've been saying, I've very interested in your answer to this. I hope you'll answer.

Tom, this question reminds me people who ask, What if you get to heaven and find out that Jesus really did change the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday, that Sunday wasn't the mark of the beast? How would that make you feel?
who asks this? not saying no one does, it just seems that those who try to trick me into saying sabbath keeping is legalism would have tried that on me by now.

most people i know are non-sda, many of them church-goers of other denominations.

Just the other day I was surfing at Bolsa Chica in CA and during sets this guy was aggressively trying to persuade me that Jesus changed the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday. I thought it was kind of cool how passionate the guy was about it. He really loves the Lord a lot. Everybody calls him a "Jesus freak".

Re: plagues [Re: Mountain Man] #115940
07/13/09 06:56 PM
07/13/09 06:56 PM
teresaq  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
M: Good question. I don't know. Perhaps Tom does. The following passages touch on how God thinks and feels about it:

t: so, based on those passages, which i didnt leave in so as to make the post shorter, you believe that God will not mourn the lost for eternity?

No. Like you, I cannot say with certainty what God will feel like when the wicked are eternally punished with destruction. The passages I posted are ones that speak to the question. Perhaps there are other ones which flesh it out - I don't know....
i take it you didnt consider this post to speak to the issue. #115865

we also have:
Jer 31:9 They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn.

Jer 31:20 Is Ephraim my dear son? is he a pleasant child? for since I spake against him, I do earnestly remember him still: therefore my bowels are troubled for him; I will surely have mercy upon him, saith the LORD.

esv: Hos 6:4 What shall I do with you, O Ephraim? What shall I do with you, O Judah? Your love is like a morning cloud, like the dew that goes early away.
Hos 6:5 Therefore .. I have slain them by the words of my mouth, ...

Hos 11:8 How shall I give thee up, Ephraim? how shall I deliver thee, Israel? how shall I make thee as Admah? how shall I set thee as Zeboim? mine heart is turned within me, my repentings are kindled together.

Hos 4:17 Ephraim is joined to idols: let him alone.

Quote:
PS - I realize these passages appear on the surface to reflect a malicious attitude, but since we know God is a loving heavenly Father they cannot possibly reflect such an attitude. Perhaps it akin to the relief parents feel when the man who abducted, raped, and killed their 6 year old daughter is executed. I don't know. Like you said, it is unwise to assume God feels the same way some humans do about such things.
im praying to get to the point where if such a thing happened to my children, God forbid, my only thought would be to try to reach him that he would repent and turn his life around.

that is, after all, how God dealt with herod and manasseh, not to mention the billions of others, right?

Re: plagues [Re: Mountain Man] #115942
07/13/09 07:02 PM
07/13/09 07:02 PM
teresaq  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
but thats what the papacy did, mm....shall we water it down?

Actually, Arnold was talking God not the papacy. He wrote:

1) God sometimes allows painful things to happen, if that will be eternally beneficial.

2) God sometimes causes painful things to happen, if that will be eternally beneficial.

For Tom to use words like "torture", "violence", and "force" in this context is unfair and, in my opinion, unkind.
and tom replied by referring to the papacy. you left out his statement.

i reprint it here:
Ok, thanks. During the inquisition, there were those who tortured their victims, to get them to confess, in order that they might be eternally saved. According to 2), were they doing the right thing? (assuming they were correct, that their tortured would bring the fruit they wished; or was their only error being wrong that their torturing would accomplish what they wished?)

Tom, it would be very helpful if you would refrain from referring to opposing views in terms of "torture" or "force" or "violence". It makes it extremely difficult to study with you when you label things in such terms. It comes across as very insulting and demeaning. Please consider my request. thank you.
so the question is, was the papacy cruel and demonic in their goal to "save" people?

Re: plagues [Re: Mountain Man] #115943
07/13/09 07:09 PM
07/13/09 07:09 PM
teresaq  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA

Just the other day I was surfing at Bolsa Chica in CA and during sets this guy was aggressively trying to persuade me that Jesus changed the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday. I thought it was kind of cool how passionate the guy was about it. He really loves the Lord a lot. Everybody calls him a "Jesus freak".
so he said that? you didnt mention it here.

Re: plagues [Re: Mountain Man] #115944
07/13/09 07:12 PM
teresaq  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
What is so difficult about understanding God commanding Moses and the COI to stone sinners to death? To this date you have refused to explain why you think God commanded Moses and the COI to kill sinners. If you think you have, then please repost what you said about it here. Otherwise, please state your position concisely and clearly. Thank you.
what does it have to do with the plagues? we have gotten very derailed here.

Re: plagues [Re: teresaq] #115945
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: Kland
So, how would you describe your view of God in two or three words as contrasted to Tom's and others of us views?

I cannot do it justice in two or three words. In addition to the "withdraw and permit principle" of allowing death and destruction to happen I believe there are four other principles that have played out. I've listed these above. From these things I infer about God that He is not only a merciful God but He is also a God of justice. Ellen White wrote:

"The plea may be made that a loving Father would not see His children suffering the punishment of God by fire while He had the power to relieve them. But God would, for the good of His subjects and for their safety, punish the transgressor. God does not work on the plan of man. He can do infinite justice that man has no right to do before his fellow man. Noah would have displeased God to have drowned one of the scoffers and mockers that harassed him, but God drowned the vast world. Lot would have had no right to inflict punishment on his sons-in-law, but God would do it in strict justice. Who will say God will not do what He says He will do? {LDE 241.3}

Re: plagues [Re: teresaq] #115946
07/13/09 07:14 PM
07/13/09 07:14 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
The tears which Christ shed upon Olivet as He stood overlooking the chosen city were not for Jerusalem alone. In the fate of Jerusalem He beheld the destruction of the world. {COL 302.3}

Thank you for posting this quote. "The tears which Christ shed ... as ... He beheld the destruction of the world."

Page 43 of 91 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 90 91

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 06/13/24 11:31 AM
Spiritual Evolution
by dedication. 06/10/24 04:22 AM
Soul and Body sleep
by dedication. 06/10/24 12:21 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 06/09/24 06:50 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 06/07/24 08:04 PM
Deceptive Doctrines of Devils
by dedication. 06/07/24 05:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 06/07/24 01:04 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 06/06/24 05:13 PM
Messages for This Time
by Rick H. 05/30/24 09:44 AM
Meaning of Lazarus and the Rich Man
by dedication. 05/27/24 10:56 PM
What is the Biblical Reckoning of a Day?
by dedication. 05/27/24 01:26 AM
The Flood
by Rick H. 05/25/24 09:12 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
A campaign against the church
by Daryl. 06/17/24 02:24 PM
The Investigative Judgment
by Rick H. 06/15/24 08:22 PM
Will we continue to sin till the end?
by Rick H. 06/15/24 08:15 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by daylily. 06/15/24 08:14 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 06/10/24 07:32 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by dedication. 06/06/24 10:25 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 05/30/24 09:50 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/28/24 12:05 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!