HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,200
Posts195,682
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
asygo 1
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
7 registered members (Kevin H, Karen Y, dedication, TheophilusOne, daylily, 2 invisible), 2,481 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 25 1 2 22 23 24 25
Re: God's Strange Act: What is it, when does it happen? [Re: Mountain Man] #129036
11/19/10 09:47 PM
11/19/10 09:47 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Originally Posted By: MM
(quoting EGW)Already the restraining Spirit of God is being withdrawn from the earth. Hurricanes, storms, tempests, fire and flood, disasters by sea and land, follow each other in quick succession. Science seeks to explain all these. The signs thickening around us, telling of the near approach of the Son of God, are attributed to any other than the true cause. Men cannot discern the sentinel angels restraining the four winds that they may not blow until the servants of God are sealed; but when God shall bid his angels loose the winds, there will be such a scene of his avenging wrath as no pen can picture. {RH, January 11, 1887 par. 14}

This is a perfect example of the principle we've been trying to draw attention to. Notice it says:

Quote:
Already the restraining Spirit of God is being withdrawn from the earth.

and

Quote:
but when God shall bid his angels loose the winds, there will be such a scene of his avenging wrath as no pen can picture.

God's "avenging wrath" is associated with His act of removing His protection.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: God's Strange Act: What is it, when does it happen? [Re: Tom] #129058
11/20/10 07:23 PM
11/20/10 07:23 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: Tom
M: It sounds like you're saying two different things will be at work: 1) the revelation and comprehension of the truth about God's character, and 2) the revelation and comprehension of their sinfulness. So, it seems like you're saying a combination of these two things in concert and contrast will result in the suffering and second death of the wicked. Is this what you believe?

T: Yes, but I think 1) is what causes 2). That is, the wicked realize their sinfulness because of the revelation of God's character of love.

M: Why does it cause them to suffer and die?

Quote:
This is not an act of arbitrary power on the part of God. The rejecters of His mercy reap that which they have sown. God is the fountain of life; and when one chooses the service of sin, he separates from God, and thus cuts himself off from life. He is “alienated from the life of God.” Christ says, “All they that hate Me love death.” Ephesians 4:18; Proverbs 8:36. God gives them existence for a time that they may develop their character and reveal their principles. This accomplished, they receive the results of their own choice. By a life of rebellion, Satan and all who unite with him place themselves so out of harmony with God that His very presence is to them a consuming fire. The glory of Him who is love will destroy them. {DA 764.1}

At the beginning of the great controversy, the angels did not understand this. Had Satan and his host then been left to reap the full result of their sin, they would have perished; but it would not have been apparent to heavenly beings that this was the inevitable result of sin. A doubt of God’s goodness would have remained in their minds as evil seed, to produce its deadly fruit of sin and woe. {DA 764.2}

T: You've asked me this question many times, and my response has been to quote this. I've offered some thoughts, but I'm hesitant to go beyond what's written here. It says:

1.This is not an act of arbitrary power on the part of God.

The primary definition of "arbitrary" is depending on individual discretion (as of a judge) and not fixed by law <the manner of punishment is arbitrary>

People often use it to mean "capricious", or "whimsical", meaning without a reason. But the context doesn't bear out this interpretation, as EGW does not explain that God was just for destroying the wicked, but that the wicked reap what they sow, and they are causing their own destruction. This agrees with the primary definition.

2.The rejecters of His mercy reap that which they have sown.

Death comes are a result of sin. This is repeated later in the quoted.

3.God is the fountain of life; and when one chooses the service of sin, he separates from God, and thus cuts himself off from life.

This seems to explain how death occurs. The sinner separates himself from life.

4.God gives them existence for a time that they may develop their character and reveal their principles. This accomplished, they receive the results of their own choice. By a life of rebellion, Satan and all who unite with him place themselves so out of harmony with God that His very presence is to them a consuming fire. The glory of Him who is love will destroy them.

This again makes the point that the wicked receive the results of their choice. This is the wrath of God.

5.Had Satan and his host then been left to reap the full result of their sin, they would have perished.

This points out that when God lets go, which is His exercising His wrath (see Romans 1), the wicked perish.

So these are the principles involved.

You said "the wicked realize their sinfulness because of the revelation of God's character of love" and that this is what will cause them to suffer and die in final judgment. Can I deduce, then, that this is what you believe is the full and inevitable result of sin? If so, can I also deduce this is what you believe God is now preventing so that we can have probation time to accept or reject Jesus?

Re: God's Strange Act: What is it, when does it happen? [Re: Tom] #129060
11/20/10 07:32 PM
11/20/10 07:32 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
M: While holy angels are pouring out the vials of God's undiluted wrath, evil angels will be stirring up the undiluted wrath of mankind's fierce passions. Truly this describes "a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation."

T: Indeed! God and Satan, working hand in hand, vying to see who can cause more death and destruction.

M: Strange you should draw such a conclusion. You, more than anyone I know, argue vehemently that God will "use His enemies" to "execute justice" and judgment, His strange "act of punishment". Ellen wrote: [quotes omitted by Tom]

T: Is this what you understand is going on? Or do you see God's using holy angels to cause destruction? It sounded to me like you were saying both holy angels and evil angels were simultaneously causing destruction. This isn't what you think?

I wrote: 1) while holy angels are pouring out the vials of God's undiluted wrath, 2) evil angels will be stirring up the undiluted wrath of mankind's fierce passions.

Why did it sound to you like I said "both holy angels and evil angels were simultaneously causing destruction"?

Also, why do you believe God "uses His enemies" to "execute justice and judgment", His strange "act of punishment"?

Re: God's Strange Act: What is it, when does it happen? [Re: Tom] #129061
11/20/10 07:51 PM
11/20/10 07:51 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
T: You may not remember this, but I pointed this out a couple of years ago. It's interesting that she brings out these two points. On the one hand, the sinner is destroyed because he separates himself from God, who alone is the source of life. On the other hand, the glory of God, who is love, destroys him. How should we put these together?

M: Personally, I believe it is the light radiating from the person and presence of God that causes them to suffer and die according to their sinfulness.

T: Yes, like "Raiders from the Lost Ark." I remember. I think I responded this was, to me, a superficial understanding of what's happening, since it's only physical.

You and I both agree God glows, that a literal light radiates from His physical presence. But we disagree as to effect this light has on the righteous and the unrighteous. You seem to think it has no effect on either one, that it is as harmless as candlelight. Whereas I believe it will cause the wicked to suffer and die. However, I also believe the wicked will experience unimaginable soul agony and anguish as they revisit their sins in final judgment. I do not believe it will only be physical.

Quote:
M: Separating from God, the source of life, merely means they subject themselves to final judgment.

T: She wrote: "God is the fountain of life; and when one chooses the service of sin, he separates from God, and thus cuts himself off from life." How do you have this mean that the wicked are subjecting themselves to judgment?

The context of her statement is final judgment. If it means something like unplugging an appliance, why, then, do they go on living, some suffering for many days before dying? If they are unplugged, what is the source of their life as they linger on suffering intense, unimaginable agony and anguish?

Re: God's Strange Act: What is it, when does it happen? [Re: Tom] #129062
11/20/10 07:57 PM
11/20/10 07:57 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
(quoting EGW)Already the restraining Spirit of God is being withdrawn from the earth. Hurricanes, storms, tempests, fire and flood, disasters by sea and land, follow each other in quick succession. Science seeks to explain all these. The signs thickening around us, telling of the near approach of the Son of God, are attributed to any other than the true cause. Men cannot discern the sentinel angels restraining the four winds that they may not blow until the servants of God are sealed; but when God shall bid his angels loose the winds, there will be such a scene of his avenging wrath as no pen can picture. {RH, January 11, 1887 par. 14}

This is a perfect example of the principle we've been trying to draw attention to. Notice it says:

Quote:
Already the restraining Spirit of God is being withdrawn from the earth.

and

Quote:
but when God shall bid his angels loose the winds, there will be such a scene of his avenging wrath as no pen can picture.

God's "avenging wrath" is associated with His act of removing His protection.

"It is the wrath of God and the Lamb that causes the destruction or death of the wicked. . . If He should stretch forth His hand, or lift it in anger, the inhabitants of the world . . . would suffer from incurable sores and withering plagues [and] be destroyed by them. . . He shall . . . punish the transgressors. . . God will work in power for His people; and Satan will be permitted to work also."

You asked, "If these 'are but faint representations of what will be in the near future', would you agree that in the near future, God's wrath will be evil angels causing death and destruction?" Yes, of course. Evil angels, as far as Jesus permits, cause death and destruction. Jesus "uses His enemies" to "execute justice and judgment". The "act of punishment" often involves evil angels causing death and destruction.

However, do you agree holy angels will cause the death and destruction portrayed by the seven last plagues?

Re: God's Strange Act: What is it, when does it happen? [Re: Mountain Man] #129069
11/21/10 06:57 AM
11/21/10 06:57 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
You said "the wicked realize their sinfulness because of the revelation of God's character of love" and that this is what will cause them to suffer and die in final judgment. Can I deduce, then, that this is what you believe is the full and inevitable result of sin? If so, can I also deduce this is what you believe God is now preventing so that we can have probation time to accept or reject Jesus?

If these things happen in the final judgment, are you asking if God is preventing the final judgment from happening so we can have probation time to accept or reject Jesus? There's also the statement that the wicked choose death by cutting themselves off from God who alone is the source of life.

T: Is this what you understand is going on? Or do you see God's using holy angels to cause destruction? It sounded to me like you were saying both holy angels and evil angels were simultaneously causing destruction. This isn't what you think?

Quote:
I wrote: 1) while holy angels are pouring out the vials of God's undiluted wrath, 2) evil angels will be stirring up the undiluted wrath of mankind's fierce passions.

Why did it sound to you like I said "both holy angels and evil angels were simultaneously causing destruction"?

Because that's what it sounds like. What is it you mean? Who causes destruction? Holy angels only? Evil angels only? Or both simultaneously?

Quote:
Also, why do you believe God "uses His enemies" to "execute justice and judgment", His strange "act of punishment"?

I suppose what you're asking by this is what I think this means. What I think it means is not that God uses His enemies like puppets, or that what His enemies do are what God plans for them to do, but that God works in spite of what His enemies do to accomplish His purposes.

I'm not sure what this quote comes from, but we could use the destruction of Jerusalem as an example. Did God use His enemies to execute justice and judgment? Absolutely. How did He do so? He did so as explained in GC 35-37. For example:

Quote:
God does not stand toward the sinner as an executioner of the sentence against transgression; but He leaves the rejectors of His mercy to themselves, to reap that which they have sown.

Quote:
T: Yes, like "Raiders from the Lost Ark." I remember. I think I responded this was, to me, a superficial understanding of what's happening, since it's only physical.

M:You and I both agree God glows, that a literal light radiates from His physical presence. But we disagree as to effect this light has on the righteous and the unrighteous. You seem to think it has no effect on either one, that it is as harmless as candlelight.

MM, I quote you, and you get upset. On the other hand, you feel at perfect liberty to just make things up regarding what I've said, and put your own words into my mouth. I've never said anything remotely like this.

Please don't misrepresent my views in this way. Please quote things I've said.

Quote:
Whereas I believe it will cause the wicked to suffer and die. However, I also believe the wicked will experience unimaginable soul agony and anguish as they revisit their sins in final judgment. I do not believe it will only be physical.

Do you think the physical is the more important? Up until now, this is all you've mentioned. You are again saying that it is the physical aspect that causes the death of the wicked. I don't understand why you would think the physical suffering caused by the radiant light emanating from God would cause the wicked to suffer in proportion to their sinfulness.

I see you are saying that the wicked will suffer agony of soul when their sins are revisited. It makes sense that this is proportional, right? So do you think that physical suffering is added on top of the spiritual suffering that naturally occurs? Or do you see the physical pain as attached to the spiritual, occurring at the same time?

Quote:
T: She wrote: "God is the fountain of life; and when one chooses the service of sin, he separates from God, and thus cuts himself off from life." How do you have this mean that the wicked are subjecting themselves to judgment?

M:The context of her statement is final judgment. If it means something like unplugging an appliance, why, then, do they go on living, some suffering for many days before dying?

This question doesn't seem to make sense. Obviously if it were like an appliance being unplugged, they would die right away.

Quote:
If they are unplugged, what is the source of their life as they linger on suffering intense, unimaginable agony and anguish?

Isn't it obvious you've got the timing wrong here?

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: God's Strange Act: What is it, when does it happen? [Re: Tom] #129070
11/21/10 07:03 AM
11/21/10 07:03 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
"It is the wrath of God and the Lamb that causes the destruction or death of the wicked. . . If He should stretch forth His hand, or lift it in anger, the inhabitants of the world . . . would suffer from incurable sores and withering plagues [and] be destroyed by them. . . He shall . . . punish the transgressors. . . God will work in power for His people; and Satan will be permitted to work also."

You asked, "If these 'are but faint representations of what will be in the near future', would you agree that in the near future, God's wrath will be evil angels causing death and destruction?"

No, I didn't ask this.

Quote:
Yes, of course. Evil angels, as far as Jesus permits, cause death and destruction. Jesus "uses His enemies" to "execute justice and judgment". The "act of punishment" often involves evil angels causing death and destruction.

However, do you agree holy angels will cause the death and destruction portrayed by the seven last plagues?

Is it your thinking that:

1.For the time being, evil angels cause death and destruction.
2.Then, when Christ stops His work in the Most Holy Place holy angels start, and evil angels stop?

So instead of the two working hand in hand to cause destruction, it's more like a tag-team wrestling match? The evil angels "tag" the holy angels, who take over?

We're told that when Christ stop His work in the MHP, the seven last plagues start. We're also told:

Quote:
When He leaves the sanctuary, darkness covers the inhabitants of the earth. In that fearful time the righteous must live in the sight of a holy God without an intercessor. The restraint which has been upon the wicked is removed, and Satan has entire control of the finally impenitent. God's long-suffering has ended. The world has rejected His mercy, despised His love, and trampled upon His law. The wicked have passed the boundary of their probation; the Spirit of God, persistently resisted, has been at last withdrawn. Unsheltered by divine grace, they have no protection from the wicked one. Satan will then plunge the inhabitants of the earth into one great, final trouble. As the angels of God cease to hold in check the fierce winds of human passion, all the elements of strife will be let loose. The whole world will be involved in ruin more terrible than that which came upon Jerusalem of old.

So it seems clear that it is Satan who is causing these evils, not God.

Re: God's Strange Act: What is it, when does it happen? [Re: Tom] #129079
11/21/10 06:55 PM
11/21/10 06:55 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
M: You said "the wicked realize their sinfulness because of the revelation of God's character of love" and that this is what will cause them to suffer and die in final judgment. Can I deduce, then, that this is what you believe is the full and inevitable result of sin? If so, can I also deduce this is what you believe God is now preventing so that we can have probation time to accept or reject Jesus?

T: If these things happen in the final judgment, are you asking if God is preventing the final judgment from happening so we can have probation time to accept or reject Jesus? There's also the statement that the wicked choose death by cutting themselves off from God who alone is the source of life.

You’ve already made it clear what you believe will cause the wicked to suffer and die during final judgment, namely, comprehending the contrast between God’s love and their sinfulness. What I would like to know now is:

1. Is “comprehending the contrast between God’s love and their sinfulness”, which results in suffering and second death, the full and inevitable result of sin?

2. If so, do you believe God works now to prevent sinners from comprehending the contrast between His love and their sinfulness?

Quote:

M: I wrote: 1) while holy angels are pouring out the vials of God's undiluted wrath, 2) evil angels will be stirring up the undiluted wrath of mankind's fierce passions. Why did it sound to you like I said "both holy angels and evil angels were simultaneously causing destruction"?

T: Because that's what it sounds like. What is it you mean? Who causes destruction? Holy angels only? Evil angels only? Or both simultaneously?

Do you think evil angels “stirring up the undiluted wrath of mankind's fierce passions” is equivalent to holy angels causing the death and destruction portrayed by the seven last plagues? I don’t. So, to answer your question, no, I think it is obvious both the Bible and the SOP make it clear it is holy angels who will cause the death and destruction portrayed by the seven last plagues.

“Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus. For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy. . . Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments. . . Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works. . . Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.”

You seem to think the holy angels are praying for double punishment and praising God for commanding them to permit evil angels to exercise the “divine justice and judgment”, to “execute” the “vengeance” and “retributive” “punishment” portrayed by the seven last plagues. Have I misunderstood you?

Quote:
M: Also, why do you believe God "uses His enemies" to "execute justice and judgment", His strange "act of punishment"?

T: I suppose what you're asking by this is what I think this means. What I think it means is not that God uses His enemies like puppets, or that what His enemies do are what God plans for them to do, but that God works in spite of what His enemies do to accomplish His purposes. I'm not sure what this quote comes from, but we could use the destruction of Jerusalem as an example. Did God use His enemies to execute justice and judgment? Absolutely. How did He do so? He did so as explained in GC 35-37. For example: “God does not stand toward the sinner as an executioner of the sentence against transgression; but He leaves the rejectors of His mercy to themselves, to reap that which they have sown.”

Here’s the quote: “God will use His enemies as instruments to punish those who have followed their own pernicious ways whereby the truth of God has been misrepresented, misjudged, and dishonored.--PC 136 (1894). {LDE 242.3} Elsewhere Ellen explains how God “uses”, “employs” other “agents” to accomplish His purposes. She wrote:

Quote:
The bowels of the earth were the Lord's arsenal, from which he drew forth the weapons he employed in the destruction of the old world. . . Since the flood, God has used both water and fire in the earth as his agents to destroy wicked cities. {1SP 84.3}

The depths of the earth are the Lord's arsenal, whence were drawn weapons to be employed in the destruction of the old world. . . Since the Flood, fire as well as water has been God's agent to destroy very wicked cities. [PP 109.1}

It was to be impressed upon Israel that in the conquest of Canaan they were not to fight for themselves, but simply as instruments to execute the will of God; not to seek for riches or self-exaltation, but the glory of Jehovah their King. {PP 491.2}

An appreciation of the Lord's mercy will lead to an appreciation of those who, like Gideon, have been employed as instruments to bless His people. The cruel course of Israel toward the house of Gideon was what might be expected from a people who manifested so great ingratitude to God. {PP 556.3}

God uses, employs the forces of nature as His agents to cause death and destruction. He has also used, employed His chosen people as agents, instruments to execute His will, namely, to cause the death and destruction of His enemies, and thereby bless His people.

Quote:

M: You and I both agree God glows, that a literal light radiates from His physical presence. But we disagree as to effect this light has on the righteous and the unrighteous. You seem to think it has no effect on either one, that it is as harmless as candlelight.

T: MM, I quote you, and you get upset. On the other hand, you feel at perfect liberty to just make things up regarding what I've said, and put your own words into my mouth. I've never said anything remotely like this. Please don't misrepresent my views in this way. Please quote things I've said.

When did you quote me? What did you quote? Also, what did I say above that you feel misrepresents your view? Do you believe a literal light radiates from God? If so, what effect does it have on the wicked?

Quote:
M: Whereas I believe it will cause the wicked to suffer and die. However, I also believe the wicked will experience unimaginable soul agony and anguish as they revisit their sins in final judgment. I do not believe it will only be physical.

T: Do you think the physical is the more important? Up until now, this is all you've mentioned. You are again saying that it is the physical aspect that causes the death of the wicked. I don't understand why you would think the physical suffering caused by the radiant light emanating from God would cause the wicked to suffer in proportion to their sinfulness. I see you are saying that the wicked will suffer agony of soul when their sins are revisited. It makes sense that this is proportional, right? So do you think that physical suffering is added on top of the spiritual suffering that naturally occurs? Or do you see the physical pain as attached to the spiritual, occurring at the same time?

The reason I am emphasizing the physical aspect of final judgment is because you are emphasizing the emotional aspect. I believe both are real and important. However, I agree with you that the emotional agony and anguish will overshadow the physical pain. I think we agree on what will cause them emotional agony, namely, comprehending the contrast between God’s righteousness and their unrighteousness. The question, then, is – What will cause them physical pain?

Quote:

M: The context of her statement is final judgment. If it means something like unplugging an appliance, why, then, do they go on living, some suffering for many days before dying?

T: This question doesn't seem to make sense. Obviously if it were like an appliance being unplugged, they would die right away.

M: If they are unplugged, what is the source of their life as they linger on suffering intense, unimaginable agony and anguish?

T: Isn't it obvious you've got the timing wrong here?

Ellen wrote, "God is the fountain of life; and when one chooses the service of sin, he separates from God, and thus cuts himself off from life." The word “when” indicates the timing, that is, they cut themselves off from life when they choose to serve sin instead of God. Obviously, the word “life” indicates the abundant life, a life of peace and happiness. Thus separated, they are facing judgment and eternal death. They are in essence dead.

Re: God's Strange Act: What is it, when does it happen? [Re: Mountain Man] #129080
11/21/10 07:44 PM
11/21/10 07:44 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
So it seems clear that it is Satan who is causing these evils, not God.

Ellen wrote, "Satan has entire control of the finally impenitent . . . the fierce winds of human passion". What will he influence them to do? She goes on to explain.

"Those who honor the law of God have been accused of bringing judgments upon the world, and they will be regarded as the cause of the fearful convulsions of nature and the strife and bloodshed among men that are filling the earth with woe. The power attending the last warning has enraged the wicked; their anger is kindled against all who have received the message, and Satan will excite to still greater intensity the spirit of hatred and persecution. {GC 614.3}

"This argument will appear conclusive; and a decree will finally be issued against those who hallow the Sabbath of the fourth commandment, denouncing them as deserving of the severest punishment and giving the people liberty, after a certain time, to put them to death. Romanism in the Old World and apostate Protestantism in the New will pursue a similar course toward those who honor all the divine precepts. {GC 615.2}

Re: God's Strange Act: What is it, when does it happen? [Re: Mountain Man] #129088
11/22/10 04:13 PM
11/22/10 04:13 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
She refers to "the powers of darkness" which I take to mean evil angels. I suppose it could include evil humans. To what purpose does God employ these kinds of "agencies" and "means" of death and destruction? Ellen wrote:

Quote:
How frequently we hear of earthquakes and tornadoes, of destruction by fire and flood, with great loss of life and property! Apparently these calamities are capricious outbreaks of disorganized, unregulated forces of nature, wholly beyond the control of man, but in them all God's purpose may be read. They are among the agencies by which He seeks to arouse men and women to a sense of their danger.--PK 277 (c. 1914). {LDE 28.3}

So are you saying earthquakes and tornadoes, destruction by fire and flood, are evil angels?

Quote:
You asked, "If these 'are but faint representations of what will be in the near future', would you agree that in the near future, God's wrath will be evil angels causing death and destruction?" Yes, of course. Evil angels, as far as Jesus permits, cause death and destruction. Jesus "uses His enemies" to "execute justice and judgment". The "act of punishment" often involves evil angels causing death and destruction.

No. I would go with, "Yes, of course" not only evil angels, but whatever else happens when God withdraws and stops withholding the four winds of strife from happening, represented by the faint representations of the drops would be even more so. Do you wish to imply and add in more than what the faint representations represented?

Page 24 of 25 1 2 22 23 24 25

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 06/13/24 11:31 AM
Spiritual Evolution
by dedication. 06/10/24 04:22 AM
Soul and Body sleep
by dedication. 06/10/24 12:21 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 06/09/24 06:50 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 06/07/24 08:04 PM
Deceptive Doctrines of Devils
by dedication. 06/07/24 05:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 06/07/24 01:04 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 06/06/24 05:13 PM
Messages for This Time
by Rick H. 05/30/24 09:44 AM
Meaning of Lazarus and the Rich Man
by dedication. 05/27/24 10:56 PM
What is the Biblical Reckoning of a Day?
by dedication. 05/27/24 01:26 AM
The Flood
by Rick H. 05/25/24 09:12 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 06/15/24 10:48 PM
The Investigative Judgment
by Rick H. 06/15/24 08:22 PM
Will we continue to sin till the end?
by Rick H. 06/15/24 08:15 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by daylily. 06/15/24 08:14 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 06/10/24 07:32 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by dedication. 06/06/24 10:25 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 05/30/24 09:50 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/28/24 12:05 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!