HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,200
Posts195,682
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 15
kland 2
asygo 1
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
7 registered members (dedication, TheophilusOne, daylily, Karen Y, Kevin H, 2 invisible), 2,418 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: What comes first-- The Sunday law or the Church judgment? [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #160280
01/13/14 02:54 AM
01/13/14 02:54 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
GLAL, how do you think the executive judgment of the SDA Church will play out? Will we know who is pure and who is not? Will we know probation has closed for the SDA Church?

Re: What comes first-- The Sunday law or the Church judgment? [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #160284
01/13/14 06:45 AM
01/13/14 06:45 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
There seem to be several confusing issues--

What does it mean to be "sealed"?

It is not any seal or mark that can be seen, but a settling into the truth, both intellectually and spiritually,

Thus this is not an instantaneous thing. Everyone who is abiding in Christ and settling into the truth is being sealed right now. But that does not mark the close of probation for the church.

Those who abide in Christ and are settling into the truth will receive the latter rain. But again this does not mark the close of probation for the church.

When Sunday laws are agitated a lot of members who have not been abiding in Christ and settling into the truth, will separate themselves from Sabbath keepers.

In all this there is a progressive separation as those who are abiding in Christ and settling into the truth become more vocal in presenting truth, and those who have not settled into the truth become anxious to get away from these "fanatics".

People are sealing their own destiny and settling into either truth or opposition to truth. God's seal confirms this choice.
But this doesn't mean probation is closed for the church.

There are some groups -- like shepherd Rod -- who preach that all "unsealed" Adventists will be slaughtered BEFORE the Loud Cry -- but that is totally false. It will be true followers of God who will face martyrdom.
Quote:
Many will be imprisoned, many will flee for their lives from cities and towns, and many will be martyrs for Christ's sake in standing in defense of the truth.--3SM 397

There is a prospect before us of a continued struggle, at the risk of imprisonment, loss of property and even of life itself, to defend the law of God.--5T 712

Those who will be persecuted will suffer enough anguish without some group saying they are unsealed that's why they are being killed.

We know that after probation closes there will be no more martyrs. Thus the whole concept that probation closes for Adventists prior to the Sunday law and the "unsealed" will be killed, before the "loud cry" is given, is perfectly calculated propaganda to cause untold heartache for God's true people facing martyrdom because they keep the Sabbath of the commandments.
That teaching of early close of probation is NOT truth.

The Ezekiel prediction takes place much later -- after probation has closed, the plagues have fallen, and just before the actual second coming.
Read Great Controversy page 656 for when it takes place.

Re: What comes first-- The Sunday law or the Church judgment? [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #160286
01/13/14 06:57 AM
01/13/14 06:57 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Godsloveandlaw
"The Lord has shown me clearly that the image of the beast will be formed before probation closes, for it is to be the great test for the people of God, by which their eternal destiny will be decided."--2SM 81 (1890).{7BC 976.2}

This statement is true, however we must understand that the close of probation for the church is not the close of probation of the world.Here it addresses the final world's close of probation. Two different COP's. Ellen White was not given all the light in both scenarios, She was mostly given light on the final probation for the world.

It says directly the test of the mark of the beast comes BEFORE probation closes -- and it says this in reference to the PEOPLE OF GOD. There is no way we can say it's not talking about the people of God.

Probation closes when Christ leaves the sanctuary.
The winds of strife are congruent with the plagues.

The Sunday movement is before that.

The settling into truth (or against truth) is taking place now. This is what the sealing is. Settling into truth and abiding in Christ, so one can't be moved.

Re: What comes first-- The Sunday law or the Church judgment? [Re: Mountain Man] #160295
01/13/14 04:43 PM
01/13/14 04:43 PM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline OP
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
That is an excellent question. As we know SOP makes known that the Rev. 7 sealings are also the Ezekiel 9 judgment. So in regard to your first question, let us look at Ezekiel 9.

"1 He cried also in mine ears with a loud voice, saying, Cause them that have charge over the city to draw near, even every man with his destroying weapon in his hand.

2 And, behold, six men came from the way of the higher gate, which lieth toward the north, and every man a slaughter weapon in his hand; and one man among them was clothed with linen, with a writer's inkhorn by his side: and they went in, and stood beside the brasen altar.

3 And the glory of the God of Israel was gone up from the cherub, whereupon he was, to the threshold of the house. And he called to the man clothed with linen, which had the writer's inkhorn by his side;

4 And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.

5 And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:

6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.

7 And he said unto them, Defile the house, and fill the courts with the slain: go ye forth. And they went forth, and slew in the city.

8 And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem?

9 Then said he unto me, The iniquity of the house of Israel and Judah is exceeding great, and the land is full of blood, and the city full of perverseness: for they say, The LORD hath forsaken the earth, and the LORD seeth not.

10 And as for me also, mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity, but I will recompense their way upon their head.

11 And, behold, the man clothed with linen, which had the inkhorn by his side, reported the matter, saying, I have done as thou hast commanded me.

The striking thing we notice is that the marking angel marks ONLY those who are "sighing and crying" in "Jerusalem" (church).
This tells us that those who are looking the other way at sins in our midst, such as dress reform, diet reform, sanctuary reform, etc. will NOT be sealed. EGW really explains this process in two places (Testimonies, vol.5, p.210-213, and vol. 3, p.266-267)

In regards to your second question, obviously once the church judgment happens (Ezek.9) there will be no doubt as to it being fulfilled. Sadly, we are told that the slaying happens right in the church!

The great concern is to obey the instructions implied. Pay close attention to our walk, stop doing repetitive sinning, and to basically sell-out to the Lord (which means to forgo the world as much as possible). Then lastly, He is watching to see how we react to sinning in the church. Are we whistling dixie at what we see? Or do we really hurt and grieve at the mini-shirts women wear in church. The loud talking/laughing in the sanctuary, the continual peace and safety message given in the pulpit.

These are all things we need to stop and think about because again, ONLY those who sigh and cry for the 'abominations" done in the church--get sealed in the first strike--church judgment.

Re: What comes first-- The Sunday law or the Church judgment? [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #160300
01/13/14 05:38 PM
01/13/14 05:38 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: dedication
Everyone who is abiding in Christ and settling into the truth is being sealed right now.

Isn't there a difference between this description of the "sealing" and the one in Rev 7? There will come a time when 144,000 saints will be numbered and sealed. They will be translated alive when Jesus arrives.

Re: What comes first-- The Sunday law or the Church judgment? [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #160302
01/13/14 05:48 PM
01/13/14 05:48 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Here we see that the sealing is done for the church, then the winds (Sunday law) is let loose. Once we understand that there are two COP, the whole puzzle comes together.
I didn't see where you defined COP. I guess you mean the close of probation. Have you considered it's not two specific instances, but more of an individualized time of probation closing? In other words, it's not a "Aha, times up! Ready or not, you lose!" type of attitude, but everyone will have a chance to fully and consciously make a decision. Of course, the Sunday law passing will be a deadline to make a final decision. For some. For others, after they fully understand it after hearing the loud cry, they will need to make a decision which would not happen simultaneously for all. When the last one has made a decision or has been forced to make a decision for right or wrong, that's when probation has finally closed for man. Christ will then leave the sanctuary.

Re: What comes first-- The Sunday law or the Church judgment? [Re: kland] #160310
01/14/14 03:23 AM
01/14/14 03:23 AM
G
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
I've considered this subject well, did you see the outlines and references? They show (and backed up by SOP and Scripture)why, where and how the two probations come. Review what is posted and not hop over the points raised. Please read carefully again the posts.

Re: What comes first-- The Sunday law or the Church judgment? [Re: Mountain Man] #160312
01/14/14 03:42 AM
01/14/14 03:42 AM
G
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
No, that reference indicates a belief in "truth". And what is truth"?It's believing in His word as spoken by the prophets.

Who are we to say "Lord, I don't like that sealing your word says is going to happen upon the 144,000 through Scripture and SOP, therefore it's not going to happen"

The Lord has made it plain through the outlines I've shown that HIS way is going to happen. It seals us in our forehead because we believe in His "truth".

"There will come a time when 144,000 saints will be numbered and sealed. They will be translated alive when Jesus arrives."

Yes, agreed. And as shown that time is first to arrive upon His church (us).

Let me say that when I first heard all this and studied it out,I was unbelieving and skeptical. Yet pressing on in the search for truth, found that there is no denying His end-time plan will come not as we have been taught but by HIS plan.

"If the heart is loyal to God, Everything will be made plain" (TM 432)

"Satan has ability to suggest doubts and to devise objections to the pointed testimony that God sends, and many think it a virtue, a mark of intelligence in them, to be unbelieving, and to question and quibble. Those who desire to doubt will have plenty of room. God does not propose to remove all occasion for unbelief. He gives evidence, which must be carefully investigated with a humble mind and a teachable spirit, and all should decide from the WEIGHT OF EVIDENCE." 3T 255.

"Even Seventh-day Adventists are in danger of closing their eyes to truth as it is in Jesus, BECAUSE IT CONTRADICTS SOMETHING WHICH THEY HAVE TAKEN FOR GRANTED AS TRUTH, BUT WHICH THE HOLY SPIRIT TEACHES IS NOT TRUTH." TM 70, 71.

"THE WORKERS WILL BE SURPRISED BY THE SIMPLE MEANS THAT HE WILL USE TO BRING ABOUT AND PERFECT HIS WORK OF RIGHTEOUSNESS." TM 300.

Re: What comes first-- The Sunday law or the Church judgment? [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #160332
01/14/14 03:08 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
GLAL, please summarize your view of the two different COPs. For example:

1. Judgment and probation ends for the SDA Church during the early stages of the mark of the beast crisis.

2. Judgment and probation ends for the world just before the seven last plagues are poured out.

Re: What comes first-- The Sunday law or the Church judgment? [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #160333
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
I've considered this subject well, did you see the outlines and references? They show (and backed up by SOP and Scripture)why, where and how the two probations come. Review what is posted and not hop over the points raised. Please read carefully again the posts.

I'm sorry, but I do not see how what you posted disagrees with what I said. I note the words, sealing, set a mark, UNTIL the sealing is done. None of them indicate a precise and simultaneously point of time.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 06/13/24 11:31 AM
Spiritual Evolution
by dedication. 06/10/24 04:22 AM
Soul and Body sleep
by dedication. 06/10/24 12:21 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 06/09/24 06:50 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 06/07/24 08:04 PM
Deceptive Doctrines of Devils
by dedication. 06/07/24 05:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 06/07/24 01:04 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 06/06/24 05:13 PM
Messages for This Time
by Rick H. 05/30/24 09:44 AM
Meaning of Lazarus and the Rich Man
by dedication. 05/27/24 10:56 PM
What is the Biblical Reckoning of a Day?
by dedication. 05/27/24 01:26 AM
The Flood
by Rick H. 05/25/24 09:12 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 06/15/24 10:48 PM
The Investigative Judgment
by Rick H. 06/15/24 08:22 PM
Will we continue to sin till the end?
by Rick H. 06/15/24 08:15 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by daylily. 06/15/24 08:14 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 06/10/24 07:32 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by dedication. 06/06/24 10:25 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 05/30/24 09:50 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/28/24 12:05 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!