HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,668
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 12
kland 2
Daryl 1
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl), 2,665 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Sabbath Law According To Stephen Jones [Re: APL] #177921
11/10/15 01:02 PM
11/10/15 01:02 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: APL
I know elle rejects EGW, but for others, EGW has categories of Laws in Torah - Moral, Ceremonial, Political and Social.

My understanding from scriptures is that all the law(Pentateuch) is prophetic and spiritual by which the Lord will fulfill all of these including the sacrificial laws in our body temple for we are His body. What Christ went thru, we are to go thru the same path(passover,pentecost, and Tabernacle) to become "Sons of God".

Tell me APL, in your understanding of the law by spltting it into categories as "Moral, Ceremonial, Political and social" do you believe it is ok to break the Lords political an social laws? Or do you believe the ceremonial laws are the only laws that are made VOID?

Blessings
Re: Sabbath Law According To Stephen Jones [Re: ProdigalOne] #177923
11/10/15 04:49 PM
11/10/15 04:49 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: elle
Tell me APL, in your understanding of the law by spltting it into categories as "Moral, Ceremonial, Political and social" do you believe it is ok to break the Lords political an social laws? Or do you believe the ceremonial laws are the only laws that are made VOID?
Do we still have priests? Do we still conduct sacrifice of animals? Do we still have the tribe of Levi? Who are they? Circumcision - was it for all mankind or only Abraham and is it required today?

The Moral law remains and was for all men and is very encompassing.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Sabbath Law According To Stephen Jones [Re: APL] #177925
11/10/15 06:20 PM
11/10/15 06:20 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Quote:
Rick H: Gods Law doesn't change no matter what man comes up with...

Elle : I agree that God's Law didn't change, but you probably have narrowed down the Law to the 10Cs whereas I'm (&Stephen) talking about the Pentateuch. In the Pentateuch there's more than the weekly Sabbath, there's the Feasts Sabbaths, the yearly, and the Jubilee Sabbath. The 10Cs was a "introductory-summary of the whole Law". We need to look at the whole law to understand more deeply the 10Cs.

APL : EGW has categories of Laws in Torah - Moral, Ceremonial, Political and Social.

Elle : Tell me APL, in your understanding of the law by spltting it into categories as "Moral, Ceremonial, Political and social" do you believe it is ok to break the Lords political an social laws? Or do you believe the ceremonial laws are the only laws that are made VOID?

APL : Do we still have priests? Do we still conduct sacrifice of animals? Do we still have the tribe of Levi? Who are they? Circumcision - was it for all mankind or only Abraham and is it required today?

Please answer the question APL -- do you believe it is ok to break the Lords political and social laws?

Blessings
Re: Sabbath Law According To Stephen Jones [Re: Elle] #177928
11/10/15 08:30 PM
11/10/15 08:30 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Elle
Quote:

Elle : I agree that God's Law didn't change, but you probably have narrowed down the Law to the 10Cs whereas I'm (&Stephen) talking about the Pentateuch. In the Pentateuch there's more than the weekly Sabbath, there's the Feasts Sabbaths, the yearly, and the Jubilee Sabbath. The 10Cs was a "introductory-summary of the whole Law". We need to look at the whole law to understand more deeply the 10Cs.

APL : EGW has categories of Laws in Torah - Moral, Ceremonial, Political and Social.

Elle : Tell me APL, in your understanding of the law by spltting it into categories as "Moral, Ceremonial, Political and social" do you believe it is ok to break the Lords political an social laws? Or do you believe the ceremonial laws are the only laws that are made VOID?

APL : Do we still have priests? Do we still conduct sacrifice of animals? Do we still have the tribe of Levi? Who are they? Circumcision - was it for all mankind or only Abraham and is it required today?

Please answer the question APL -- do you believe it is ok to break the Lords political and social laws?
Are you saying you disagree with Ellen White?

Re: Sabbath Law According To Stephen Jones [Re: Elle] #177929
11/10/15 08:33 PM
11/10/15 08:33 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
I agree that God's Law didn't change, but you probably have narrowed down the Law to the 10Cs whereas I'm (&Stephen) talking about the Pentateuch. In the Pentateuch there's more than the weekly Sabbath, there's the Feasts Sabbaths, the yearly, and the Jubilee Sabbath. The 10Cs was a "introductory-summary of the whole Law". We need to look at the whole law to understand more deeply the 10Cs.
Are you saying the "introductory-summary of the whole Law", which does state the 7th day, does not change but the full details do change the 7th day?

Re: Sabbath Law According To Stephen Jones [Re: Charity] #177930
11/10/15 08:53 PM
11/10/15 08:53 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick
Originally Posted By: kland

This ordinance does not speak so largely to man's intellectual capacity as to his heart. His moral and spiritual nature needs it. If his disciples had not needed this, it would not have been left for them as Christ's last established ordinance in connection with, and including, the last supper. It was Christ's desire to leave to his disciples an ordinance that would do for them the very thing they needed,--that would serve to disentangle them from the rites and ceremonies which they had hitherto engaged in as essential, and which the reception of the gospel made no longer of any force. To continue these rites would be an insult to Jehovah. Eating of the body, and drinking of the blood, of Christ, not merely at the sacramental service, but daily partaking of the bread of life to satisfy the soul's hunger, would be in receiving his word and doing his will. {RH, June 14, 1898 par. 16}

I think it was about 10 years ago the church took the position that observing the feasts is optional, and I think that is a good position. The statement above refers to giving offence to God by blood sacrifices as far as I can see.
First, I'm not sure that "keeping the Passover" could be kept without sacrificing the lamb. The definition.

Second, do you really feel her statement implies that communion substitutes only place of the lamb, but she intended everything else of the rite to continue?

Quote:
Ellen White makes some fairly positive statements about holding sacred gatherings like Tabernacles. I don't keep the feasts but I view myself as a brother to anyone who does keep them.
Can you find any statements she makes of the subject where she is not talking about campmeeting, and that is campmeeting happening at various and multiple times throughout the year including December or January? Where she says come to the feast of Tabernacles meaning solely to come to campmeeting which happens different times for different conferences?

Quote:
In heaven we'll be keeping the New Moons right along with the Sabbaths. Is 66.
Isa 66:23 (KJV) And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

Isa 66:23 (YLT) And it hath been from month to month, And from sabbath to sabbath, Come do all flesh to bow themselves before Me, Said Jehovah.

Was that prophesied for their day, how does that fit in with dual applications, how is the proper way for understanding dual applications? Does everything else fit in the chapter?

If the text were intended to mean that everyone would worship Him from month to month and Sabbath to Sabbath, how would it be stated differently?

Re: Sabbath Law According To Stephen Jones [Re: kland] #177947
11/11/15 12:57 PM
11/11/15 12:57 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Alchemy
Whereas, Stephen has not nailed any Sabbaths laws to the cross. Nor any other laws. All laws are still relevant -- and I have long believed this before I heard anything about Stephen. "
(bold emphasis mine)
My question is; How are they relevant?

Sorry for the delayed respond Alchemy. I had already answered this in another discussion here(where you and Kland participated). I hope the below will help further.

Originally Posted By: kland
First, I'm not sure that "keeping the Passover" could be kept without sacrificing the lamb.

This is the same problem the Israelites had, the Jews had at the time of Jesus and the Judaizers had in the early Church. This same problem is still very prominent today in all denominations. The problem is only seeing the law literally – only seeing the WORD and not understanding the SPIRIT and the greater thing that it is pointing to.

Kland and Alchemy you “kept” the Passover when you were baptized. Your heart was already circumcised sometime before and you had put the blood of the lamb on the “lintel”(forehead) and “2 posts”(ears) of your “house”(body temple).

Originally Posted By: APL
Circumcision - was it for all mankind or only Abraham and is it required today?

Circumcision is only for those that wants to become a citizen of the Kingdom of God (want to become baptized and pledge allegience to the Lord). Circumcision is a Passover Level of faith requirement. The law(Pentateuch) illustrates a litteral circumcision to TEACH us the spiritual CONNECTION. The spiritual dimension (which is a heart circumcision that Moses understood clearly) is what makes us eligible to enter the Kingdom of God.

The physical(literal) circumcision of the flesh has no validity and never had any validity in the Lord's eyes. He required Abraham and the Israelites to be circumcized physically for the sake to "illustrate" and to teach the following generations what took place "spiritually". Paul spent a lot of his ministry to teach us this that “the law is SPIRITUAL”.

Our Church at the corporate level, we are a Passover Type of Church that hasn’t entered the Pentecost level of faith yet. We did the same thing as the Church in the Wilderness – they(&we) refuse to hear the Lord’s voice for themselves and they(&we) wanted to rely on a “Man”(we rely on a woman) to tell us how to interpret the Lord’s words. However, there’s some individual in our Church that has entered the Pentecost level of faith which rely on the Holy Spirit to teach them the truth.

Only a very very few in our Church has entered the Tabernacle level of faith. I have describe this level in this post here with Jacob when he left Laban. His journey to Canaan was a Tabernacle Type.

Do you think that a person that is in the Passover level of Faith, who continuously refuses to hear God’s voice for themselves, can understand the Law and specifically the Sabbath Law? No, they cannot. It is an impossibility. Even if the Man you are hearing the law from is Moses himself. All the Israelites died in the wilderness but 2. You need to enter Pentecost and let the Holy Spirit teach you what Jesus meant with any portion of the law.

Blessings
Re: Sabbath Law According To Stephen Jones [Re: ProdigalOne] #177953
11/11/15 05:50 PM
11/11/15 05:50 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Alchemy, the other thread was nothing but confusion and add this last confusion doesn't make any clearness. If you can figure out what she actually means by "SPIRITUAL", what she actually believes and does, how she can switch from literal to "SPIRITUAL" all in the same sentence, please inform me. Nothing but confusion here, and you know what that means.

Re: Sabbath Law According To Stephen Jones [Re: ProdigalOne] #177958
11/11/15 07:28 PM
11/11/15 07:28 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Yes, kland!

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Sabbath Law According To Stephen Jones [Re: Elle] #177960
11/11/15 07:47 PM
11/11/15 07:47 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
bump

Your silence obviously says the answer is no -- thus the law is the whole Pentateuch which includes Feasts Sabbaths, yearly Sabbath, and the Jubilee Sabbath. We are to understand the Sabbath with the whole law not just a narrow portion of it.

Quote:

Blessings
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 06/07/24 01:04 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 06/06/24 05:13 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 06/05/24 01:21 PM
Soul and Body sleep
by dedication. 05/31/24 04:10 PM
Messages for This Time
by Rick H. 05/30/24 09:44 AM
Meaning of Lazarus and the Rich Man
by dedication. 05/27/24 10:56 PM
What is the Biblical Reckoning of a Day?
by dedication. 05/27/24 01:26 AM
The Flood
by Rick H. 05/25/24 09:12 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/21/24 02:04 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by dedication. 06/06/24 10:25 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by asygo. 06/03/24 03:17 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 06/02/24 10:10 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 05/30/24 09:50 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/28/24 12:05 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!