HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,200
Posts195,682
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
asygo 1
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
7 registered members (Kevin H, Karen Y, dedication, TheophilusOne, daylily, 2 invisible), 2,481 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 35 of 37 1 2 33 34 35 36 37
Re: To whom or what did Jesus "pay the price" for our redemption? [Re: Mountain Man] #98735
04/27/08 03:32 AM
04/27/08 03:32 AM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Again, she explains why the Father is free to pardon penitent sinners. It is because Jesus satisfied the demands of justice when He tasted their death on the cross. He is the propitiation for sins. Forgiveness is one of the results of His death. He pleads His blood and wounded hands before the Father for mercy and more time.

FW 104
It is the Father's prerogative to forgive our transgressions and sins, because Christ has taken upon Himself our guilt and reprieved us, imputing to us His own righteousness. His sacrifice satisfies fully the demands of justice. . . He forgives transgressions and sins for the sake of Jesus, who has become the propitiation for our sins. {FW 104}

3SM 154
Mere forgiveness of sin is not the sole result of the death of Jesus. He made the infinite sacrifice not only that sin might be removed, but that human nature might be restored, rebeautified, reconstructed from its ruins, and made fit for the presence of God. {3SM 154.1}

HP 42
By pledging His own life Christ has made Himself responsible for every man and woman on the earth. He stands in the presence of God, saying, "Father, I take upon Myself the guilt of that soul. It means death to him if he is left to bear it. If he repents he shall be forgiven. My blood shall cleanse him from all sin. I gave My life for the sins of the world." {HP 42.5}

2T 106
He cries, "Spare them, Father, spare them, they are the purchase of My blood," and lifts to His Father His wounded hands. You have been guilty before God of a great sin. {2T 106.1}

LS 118
I saw four angels who had a work to do on the earth, and were on their way to accomplish it. Jesus was clothed with priestly garments. He gazed in pity on the remnant, then raised His hands, and with a voice of deep pity cried, "My blood, Father, My blood! My blood! My blood!" {LS 118.3}

Re: To whom or what did Jesus "pay the price" for our redemption? [Re: Mountain Man] #98740
04/27/08 04:14 AM
04/27/08 04:14 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
 Quote:
Tom, you seem to omit this aspect of the atonement. Jesus' death was required to atone for breaking the law.

I agree with this. I've written a great deal regarding this.

Quote:
Here she plainly says Jesus died to make forgiveness possible. You seem to discount this aspect of justice and forgiveness.

The same point applies here. That is, I've written regarding this a great deal.

That Christ did not have to die in order to make it possible for God to legally pardon is clear from the fact that God offered Lucifer pardon again and again. Thus some other interpretation of her meaning is required.

Quote:
The life of Christ was not the price paid to the Father for our pardon; but that life was the price which the Father paid to so manifest his loving power as to bring us to that repentant attitude of mind where he could pardon us freely. (Fifield, God is Love 33, 34)

I believe this thought is correct.

Regarding your post #98735, I would make the same points. First of all, that God did not need Christ's death for Himself is made clear by His treatment of Lucifer. Christ's death was necessary for us, as Fifield pointed out.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: To whom or what did Jesus "pay the price" for our redemption? [Re: Tom] #98741
04/27/08 04:20 AM
04/27/08 04:20 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
 Quote:
He cries, "Spare them, Father, spare them, they are the purchase of My blood," and lifts to His Father His wounded hands.

I'm curious on this one. What do you think this means? Do you think it means that God wants to kill them, but Jesus prevents God from doing so? So it's a good thing we have Jesus to protect us from God?

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: To whom or what did Jesus "pay the price" for our redemption? [Re: Tom] #98767
04/27/08 08:28 PM
04/27/08 08:28 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Tom, if what Fifield wrote is true, to whom or what did the Father pay to pardon penitent sinners? Also, to whom or what did He pay for the law that was broken?

On another note, your assumption about Lucifer are unfounded. Please do not cite it as though it is an undisputed fact. It serves no purpose. Thank you.

Re: To whom or what did Jesus "pay the price" for our redemption? [Re: Tom] #98768
04/27/08 09:01 PM
04/27/08 09:01 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
 Originally Posted By: Tom Ewall
 Quote:
He cries, "Spare them, Father, spare them, they are the purchase of My blood," and lifts to His Father His wounded hands.

I'm curious on this one. What do you think this means? Do you think it means that God wants to kill them, but Jesus prevents God from doing so? So it's a good thing we have Jesus to protect us from God?

Is that what you think it means?

If so, what does His blood have to do with it?

Why does He have to plead His blood to the Father in order to prolong probation?

Why not plead something else?

Why plead at all? Why is intercession of His blood necessary?

Isn't the Father just as willing as Jesus to grant sinners more time to repent?

Re: To whom or what did Jesus "pay the price" for our redemption? [Re: Mountain Man] #98807
04/28/08 07:20 PM
04/28/08 07:20 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
MM, why when I ask you a question do you respond with 6 more? I'll answer the first one. No, that's not what I think it means.

Re: To whom or what did Jesus "pay the price" for our redemption? [Re: Tom] #98808
04/28/08 07:25 PM
04/28/08 07:25 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
 Quote:
Tom, if what Fifield wrote is true, to whom or what did the Father pay to pardon penitent sinners?

As he stated, Christ's death was the price paid to bring us to a repentant whereby we could accept the pardon which was freely offered us by the Father.

Quote:
Also, to whom or what did He pay for the law that was broken?

The price was paid for us. The broken law represents a broken relationship. In order for their to be an at-one-ment, Christ's death was necessary.

Quote:
One another note, your assumption about Lucifer are unfounded.

I didn't assume anything.

Quote:
Please do not cite it as though it is an undisputed fact. It serves no purpose. Thank you.

What I stated is easily provable.

Quote:
Long was he retained in heaven. Again and again he was offered pardon on condition of repentance and submission. (GC 496)

God offered Lucifer pardon again and again without Christ's having died.

Re: To whom or what did Jesus "pay the price" for our redemption? [Re: Tom] #98822
04/29/08 01:57 PM
04/29/08 01:57 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Tom, yes, of course the death of Jesus was necessary to make us repentant and pardonable. Neither one of us disputes this fact. Now, let's move beyond this point and address the question - Why?

To whom or what did God pay the price of Jesus' life to 1) make us repentant and pardonable, and 2) to satisfy the just and loving demands of law and justice?

When Jesus lived and died the perfect life and death He earned the right to own our sin and second death. “The second Adam stood the test of trial and temptation that He might become the Owner of all humanity.” (3SM 141) “He is the owner of every man and woman and child who comes into the world. This He became by paying the redemption price.” (TDG 355) “Ye are not your own; ye are bought with a price which cannot be estimated. Then your owner is God, the mighty God, and for the price paid look to the cross of Calvary.” (UL 150) God says, “I am the rightful owner of the universe ...” (OHC 199)

He also earned the legal right to pardon the penitent. God sacrificed His Son “that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.” (Romans 3:26) “By His word God has bound Himself to execute the penalty of the law on all transgressors.” (6BC 1095) “In the plan of redemption there must be the shedding of blood, for death must come in consequence of man’s sin.” (CON 22) “Justice demands that sin be not merely pardoned, but the death penalty must be executed. God, in the gift of His only-begotten Son, met both these requirements. By dying in man’s stead, Christ exhausted the penalty and provided a pardon.” (1SM 340)

Re: To whom or what did Jesus "pay the price" for our redemption? [Re: Mountain Man] #98823
04/29/08 02:03 PM
04/29/08 02:03 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
 Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
 Originally Posted By: Tom Ewall
 Quote:

Is that what you think it means?

If so, what does His blood have to do with it?

Why does He have to plead His blood to the Father in order to prolong probation?

Why not plead something else?

Why plead at all? Why is intercession of His blood necessary?

Isn't the Father just as willing as Jesus to grant sinners more time to repent?

TE: MM, why when I ask you a question do you respond with 6 more? I'll answer the first one. No, that's not what I think it means.

MM: I needed more information to answer your question. I'm glad to know you don't think that's what it means. Now, can you please help me with the other questions? Why does Jesus have to plead His blood before the Father in order to buy more probation time for sinners? Isn't the Father and the Son "on the same page"?

Re: To whom or what did Jesus "pay the price" for our redemption? [Re: Mountain Man] #98833
04/29/08 04:14 PM
04/29/08 04:14 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
MM, I quoted the following from EGW:

Quote:

Actually, you listed this, among a number of other quotes. You evidently had some purpose for doing so. I'm asking you what you think the quote means.

Why would you need any information from me? You are able to tell me what you think the quote means without any information from me.

Page 35 of 37 1 2 33 34 35 36 37

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 06/13/24 11:31 AM
Spiritual Evolution
by dedication. 06/10/24 04:22 AM
Soul and Body sleep
by dedication. 06/10/24 12:21 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 06/09/24 06:50 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 06/07/24 08:04 PM
Deceptive Doctrines of Devils
by dedication. 06/07/24 05:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 06/07/24 01:04 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 06/06/24 05:13 PM
Messages for This Time
by Rick H. 05/30/24 09:44 AM
Meaning of Lazarus and the Rich Man
by dedication. 05/27/24 10:56 PM
What is the Biblical Reckoning of a Day?
by dedication. 05/27/24 01:26 AM
The Flood
by Rick H. 05/25/24 09:12 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 06/15/24 10:48 PM
The Investigative Judgment
by Rick H. 06/15/24 08:22 PM
Will we continue to sin till the end?
by Rick H. 06/15/24 08:15 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by daylily. 06/15/24 08:14 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 06/10/24 07:32 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by dedication. 06/06/24 10:25 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 05/30/24 09:50 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/28/24 12:05 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!