HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,630
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication), 2,923 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Canucks vs. Americans. Cousins who have a funny relationship #18656
07/29/00 04:34 PM
07/29/00 04:34 PM
Gerry Buck  Offline
Charter Member
Very Dedicated Member
Benton Harbor, Mi.
Hain't it the truth?

Jest set yerself down 'n wait a spell, hit'll git better.

Gerry B.

Re: Canucks vs. Americans. Cousins who have a funny relationship #18657
07/29/00 07:34 PM
07/29/00 07:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

Vladimir Putin is the leader of Russia--another power we're afraid of an invasion from. The Dew Line up in the arctic has only detected Santa Claus so far. It's much further up North than the chicken line.

Chickens for the US, 1960's satellites for the USSR. Now that's a safe defence. Even Gideon couldn't get past us. Just let him try to circle our country seven times!

------------------
"He Restoreth My Soul"

Pastor Andrew

Re: Canucks vs. Americans. Cousins who have a funny relationship #18658
09/01/00 04:43 AM
09/01/00 04:43 AM
J. R. Layman  Offline OP
Charter Member
Lubbock, GREAT State of TEJAS,...
re:"Just let him try to circle our country seven times!"

------------------

Hmmmm, by boat or on foot?

Re: Canucks vs. Americans. Cousins who have a funny relationship #18659
09/01/00 07:16 PM
09/01/00 07:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dogsled. (Well, Santa uses Reindeer and many people have faith in him!)

P.S. Good to hear from you, J.R.

------------------
As the Happy Moments Roll,

Pastor Andrew

Re: Canucks vs. Americans. Cousins who have a funny relationship #18660
09/01/00 08:46 PM
09/01/00 08:46 PM
P
PeggySue  Offline
Tilton, NH USA
y'all are just too much fun!!

Being what I would call half-American (Born and Raised in the USA!! ) & half-Canadian (I've lived here now for over half my life) - I wonder where I fit into this conversation!! hehehe Personally you guys? I love living near the ocean. Don't put me ON it during rough seas or I'll be feeding some fish as well - but I love the water - even during the storms. One of my favorite pictures is one that my ex took right at the tail end of a storm when we lived in Pugwash. The waves were crashing up on the rocks and it was an awesome and majestic scene!

Gerry, I'm sure you could handle the boat to Vancouver Island... it IS slightly larger than a dinghy!! hehehe

I actually spent one summer on a fish boat as the cook. Would make the meals and then go back and try to sleep off the waves that were crashing through my body!

...but if you guys ever come here you better bring your rust repellant. I lived in Port Hardy for several years and picked up this very accurate button that said "In Port Hardy You Don't Tan - You Rust!"

Does anyone remember when the Colonel used to serve corn on the cob? I loved that one!

Anyway - hope everyone is having a wonderful day when you read this!!

------------------
God Bless and Have a Great Day!
Peggy

Re: Canucks vs. Americans. Cousins who have a funny relationship #18661
09/01/00 10:19 PM
09/01/00 10:19 PM
J. R. Layman  Offline OP
Charter Member
Lubbock, GREAT State of TEJAS,...
Hi Peggy, I'm extremely jealous of anybody who gets to live over on Vancouver Island , Other then the taxes....Everything in B.C. is God's Country, IMHO.

Actually I think the BC Ferry ride from Swartz Bay to Tawassan is about the best tour deal available (last summer we got up too late to go whale watching out of Victoria Harbor...but guess we saved some $$$ and got to see them anyway on the ferry ride!) anywhere....and the buffet on the 5th deck of the "Spirit" ferry's is the 2nd best Canadian travel deal going.

My dream vacation is to someday bring the RV over, and come all the way up to Port Hardy...but there it gets sort of expensive to move it back to the mainland over to Prince Rupurt, which would be the 2nd leg of my dream vacation.

So where were you from in the States before you became a Canadian?

Hey, the origional "Peggy Sue" of the Buddy Holly song, still lives here in Lubbock Tx, and gets a little publicity during the annual Buddy Holly weekend. I sort of had an early childhood puppy love attraction to our pastors daughter back about 1957 or so, who's name was popular because to that tune

[This message has been edited by J. R. Layman (edited September 01, 2000).]

Re: Canucks vs. Americans. Cousins who have a funny relationship #18662
09/02/00 05:05 AM
09/02/00 05:05 AM
P
PeggySue  Offline
Tilton, NH USA
Happy Sabbath, J.R.!

I'm a New England girl and probably always will be at heart with Massachusetts being home. (I'm actually still a US citizen - even after 20+ years.)

You're right though... BC is a gorgeous place. Hey - they don't call it "Beautiful BC" for nothing you know! hehehe I've only lived on the Island not any other parts of BC. Started in Port Hardy, then to the Comox Valley . . . then to Victoria . . . and now back in the Comox Valley. For those who read this and don't know what we're talking about... Vancouver Island is off the west coast of British Columbia - and Port Hardy is at the northern end, Victoria is at the southern end, and the Comox Valley is about mid-way up the Island.

I never lived in the middle of Canada - but have lived on both coasts. (Would love to make it back for a Maritime Campmeeting again some year!! ) Maybe "when" I move back to New England I'll make it up there one summer. (That "when" is a bit of wishful thinking there!)

I don't know a lot about Texas, but am learning a little as I have friends in and around Keene. In fact - three of the people that I graduated from academy with all live in the Keene area.

PeggySue has become my online nickname that I chose because so many times people have heard my name and sung parts of that song to me. In reality, I got Peggy Jean and my sister got the Sue in Bonnie Sue. Hmmm - think my mom should have switched those, ay?? Bonnie Jean and Peggy Sue?? hehehe

Well, all - as I've said at different times and in different ways elsewhere at MSDAOL today... I hope each and EVERYONE has a very

Happy Sabbath!!

------------------
Peggy

[This message has been edited by PeggySue (edited September 02, 2000).]

Re: Canucks vs. Americans. Cousins who have a funny relationship #18663
09/02/00 09:10 PM
09/02/00 09:10 PM
Gerry Buck  Offline
Charter Member
Very Dedicated Member
Benton Harbor, Mi.
HAPPY SABBATH

I'm one of those that gets sea sick in a bath tub.
I used to love going out on boats 'til I got real sick during a storm.
Now all I have to do is 'think' about it, and, free food forthe fishies.

Anyhooo, hope you all had an enjoyable sabbath day, and that it brought you closer to the Lord.

Re: Canucks vs. Americans. Cousins who have a funny relationship #18664
09/02/00 09:27 PM
09/02/00 09:27 PM
P
PeggySue  Offline
Tilton, NH USA
quote:
Originally posted by Gerry Buck:
Anyhooo, hope you all had an enjoyable sabbath day, and that it brought you closer to the Lord.[/B]

I'm still having one, Gerry!

------------------
Peggy

Re: Canucks vs. Americans. Cousins who have a funny relationship #18665
09/03/00 04:02 PM
09/03/00 04:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, being Canadian all my life, but having visited the southern states during my college days, I have to respond here!!!!

Yes, J.R., although I am a prairie girl, I have taken the N.S. ferry to N.F. Wonderful time, beautiful trip!!! I loved every minute of it - both ways.

CUC Singers choir tour, grade 11 . . . ahhh the good ole days!! We took the tour at night, after a concert, of course, many of the members (those who could afford it) rented cabins and went to sleep, but I was too excited to sleep. I had to enjoy the cold, crisp, salty ocean air and watch as we broke through the remaining icebergs (it was April). Who could sleep when there is all that glorious, majestic beauty to see, those questions running in your head - wondering how big those icebergs actually are! Also, I'm pretty sure we got to see dolphins by the ship. . . Memories.

On to my college days. See, now you've started me down memory lane . . . - your fault!!!!

I went to Southern College (now Southern University College) for two years. Gorgeous!!! Not, however, that I would want to live there, sorry, but Canada suits me just fine! I like to travel, and during college I got to visit Alabama (spent Christmas there the first year!! - ever heard the song from Alabama - "Christmas in Alabama"?), Georgia, Louisana (went to Mardi Gras - man, do people ever get crazy in New Orleans at that time of year!! It was a great time though - went with college friends so it was good clean fun for us!!), Kentucky - loved the blue grass and the horseback riding!, Florida (of course - who could be in Tennessee and not make it down to Florida! - on that thought though, who could be in Tennessee and not make it past the Memphis airport - other than me!? ) I also made it to Texas!!! Nice place, but a little dry - that and my boyfriends truck got broken into while we were in Dallas - such good memories I have . .. Actually it was nice.

I am a lucky person in that God has instilled in me the ability to enjoy everything He offers. I love the ocean, the desert, the prairie, the mountains!!, the snow, the sun, the rain, the winter, the spring, the summer and the fall. Many people find me annoying!! Especially when it is snowing and freezing out and they are all wishing it was summer and I am very happily enjoying the winter!

Now that I have gone on, and on, and on, and on, hope you enjoyed my trip down memory lane as much as I did! By the by, I really enjoyed my visit to the maritimes. There is very beautiful country out there - I have to admit that I think N.F. was my favourite! When our plane landed back in Alberta, there were groans heard from much of the choir because it was so plain and flat . . .

------------------
Sarah Moss
*Prayer Changes Things!*

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!