HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,630
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (TheophilusOne, Karen Y, 1 invisible), 3,476 guests, and 15 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 25 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 24 25
Re: It has been done! #20473
01/06/06 07:48 PM
01/06/06 07:48 PM
Darius  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
Steph, what happens to the slave-owner who was ignorant of God?

Re: It has been done! #20474
01/06/06 09:12 PM
01/06/06 09:12 PM
S
Stephanie Suranyi  Offline
Charter Member
near Chicago, IL , USA
Good question, Darius. I will admit that I DO NOT KNOW what will happen to the owner who is ignorant of God. Perhaps the same will happen to him, as would happen to the slave. I really don't know. I know as much about that as I do about what will happen to the baby I conceived and miscarried. God knows what is the right course for each situation. Either I will one day hold that baby or it will be as if the child never was.

Now, my question to you is, and please don't take offense, are you implying that there may be a double standard? Because, if so, I would have to ask, why is the owner ignorant of God? Is it because no one brought the message to him? Or because he rejected it?

Re: It has been done! #20475
01/06/06 09:47 PM
01/06/06 09:47 PM
Darius  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
Thanks for your honest and direct response.

I am saying that the statement ahout the slave was driven by popular sentiment. There is no reason why any portion of Adam would be treated as if it did not exist. We will all be judged on the basis of what we know, not on the basis of what we did not know. That is the teaching of the divine.

Re: It has been done! #20476
01/07/06 02:05 AM
01/07/06 02:05 AM
D
D R  Offline
Charter Member
SDA
Active Member 2020

East Coast Canada
Thanks MM for the RELEVENT and inspirational quotes on parenting!
-Darius, you continue to be hyper sensative. I was just stating earlier with the "take a chill pill" statement as being just an observation that you are posting what appears to be very tense statements. It almost feels like the "Borg" are in control, and we are to assimilate , that "resistence is futile"... anyway, I will not question or allude to your postings as being tense, or in other judgemental terms again (sorry).

-We will also be judged on what we could have known, but that we through freedom of choice, openly decided against learning further truths...(is this not true? )

Re: It has been done! #20477
01/07/06 03:25 AM
01/07/06 03:25 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Yes, snowman. Here's a quote:

DA 489, 490
The True Witness says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock." Rev. 3:20. Every warning, reproof, and entreaty in the word of God or through His messengers is a knock at the door of the heart. It is the voice of Jesus asking for entrance. With every knock unheeded, the disposition to open becomes weaker. The impressions of the Holy Spirit if disregarded today, will not be as strong tomorrow. The heart becomes less impressible, and lapses into a perilous unconsciousness of the shortness of life, and of the great eternity beyond. Our condemnation in the judgment will not result from the fact that we have been in error, but from the fact that we have neglected heaven-sent opportunities for learning what is truth. {DA 489.5}

Re: It has been done! #20478
01/07/06 04:02 AM
01/07/06 04:02 AM
D
D R  Offline
Charter Member
SDA
Active Member 2020

East Coast Canada
It would seem that as "we" would continue to disregard "His" knocking, then we desensitize from His voice!

Re: It has been done! #20479
02/04/06 09:59 PM
02/04/06 09:59 PM
Angie Street  Offline
Michigan
Honestly, what I choose to believe, based on what I have been reading in the Bible, is that if I choose to accept God's FREE gift to me (salvation in Jesus), I can be saved. But, I know that I am not guaranteed of anything, because it is God's decision as to whether I would be a blessing to heaven or not. That scares me. I think that we need to prayerfully ask Him what His will is for our lives and then DO it. We can't just accept His gift and then go about our daily lives. We have to LIVE His gift. After reading all of these posts, though, I'm more confused than ever. I did get a wake-up call with those posts about parents being responsible for what their children learned in their early years. Guess I'd better keep a better eye on what my kids are watching on TV. I didn't know (at least on the surface) that I could be held accountable for what my kids do b/c of what they learned in their early years. I ask you all to pray for me. God bless all of you, including the antagonizers... [Razz] [Wink] [Big Grin]

Re: It has been done! #20480
02/20/06 03:12 AM
02/20/06 03:12 AM
Gerry Buck  Offline
Charter Member
Very Dedicated Member
Benton Harbor, Mi.
I think this quote from Eze. might help in a better understanding of some of this goings on,
33:7 So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me.
33:8 When I say unto the wicked, O wicked [man], thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked [man] shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
33:9 Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.
33:10 Therefore, O thou son of man, speak unto the house of Israel; Thus ye speak, saying, If our transgressions and our sins [be] upon us, and we pine away in them, how should we then live?
33:11 Say unto them, [As] I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
33:12 Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his [righteousness] in the day that he sinneth.
33:13 When I shall say to the righteous, [that] he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it.
33:14 Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right;
33:15 [If] the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die.
33:16 None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him: he hath done that which is lawful and right; he shall surely live.
33:17 Yet the children of thy people say, The way of the Lord is not equal: but as for them, their way is not equal.
33:18 When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall even die thereby.
33:19 But if the wicked turn from his wickedness, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall live thereby.
33:20 Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. O ye house of Israel, I will judge you every one after his ways.

Salvation is not a guarantee, it can be lost, just as wickedness is not a guarantee of destructionm if repented, you are forgiven and will be saved.

Semantics shemantics, it is plain here, and answers the question first posted.
Yes, the Word of God came and saved the "whole" world.
It is there, free to all, but will all live?
Jesus said no, the wicked that does not repent of his sin WILL die.
As to the rest of the posts by Darius, I must agree with others, he has stedfastly refused to answer a direct question with a direct answer.
How about it? [Confused]
Where exactly do you stand on this topic?
If you won't answer, maybe you should go where they appreciate banality and subtrefuge.
Darryl, I appoligize for this tone of the last of this post, feel free to edit as you see fit. [Rose of Many Colours]

Re: It has been done! #20481
02/21/06 03:35 AM
02/21/06 03:35 AM
D
D R  Offline
Charter Member
SDA
Active Member 2020

East Coast Canada
Amen Gerry, thank God for His free gift, we make the choice to accept it or not, and He will judge if we truly are accepting His gift!

Re: It has been done! #20482
02/21/06 01:10 PM
02/21/06 01:10 PM
Darius  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
Relax Gerry. I respect your right to be wrong.

Page 8 of 25 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 24 25

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!