HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,601
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 15
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 2,952 guests, and 19 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Additives to be aware of in our food items #31574
01/29/06 10:04 AM
01/29/06 10:04 AM
B
Bobby  Offline OP
British Columbia
I would like to point out in this thread how Satan has infiltrated the food industry and has made it increasingly difficult to eat healthy. Myself, I am planning on buying some land eventually, grow as much fruit and vegetables as possible so we can freeze and can it to last the winter. The more self sufficient we become, the healthier we become and we eliminate unnecessary pesticides and chemicals. Here it goes;

Margarine- I have phoned numerous margarine companies to find out what vitamin D3 is. Their responses, as well as further research, showed me that all products containing vitamin D3 is always an animal source, and its skin at that. The majority of margarine companies cited sheep skin as their source. Some said cow skin, but only a couple. To find out for yourself, phone up the 1-800 number on any margarine and ask the customer service rep to tell you what the source of the vitamin D3 is.

On a positive note, vitamin D2 is always a plant based source. Vitamin D is obtained by us, from the sun's rays. The ultra violet rays work in combination with our liver to produce vitamin D within our skin. This is the same with animals, and the reason why companies use the skin of animals to add for vitamin D. This is not including the trans fats also present in margarines and the dangers of hydrogenated oils. Cold pressed oils is the only way to go to stay healthier. Flax oil, Olive oil, Grape seed oil are all a healthier choice for oils.

Gelatin- few people realize that when they eat all of those soft jelly type candies, that they are actually eating pork. That's right, the majority of gelatin produced in North America is made from pig skin. Some countries in Europe use cow skin, but in North America, they use pig skin as it is more economical as there is less hair to get rid of from the skin before processing it. This isn't including the acid that is used in the process to make gelatin/gelatine.
Also included are; marshmallows, jell-o, chewy candies, some pastries, puddings.

A person just has to look at labels to see what is in there before buying it.

Aspartame- is used in diet pops, chewing gum, and finding its way more and more into various foods. Avoid it at all costs !! It contains phenylalanine, which is proven to cause neuro cells to die. Here is a quote to describe what happens when one consumes aspartame/phenylalanine;
quote:

Phenylalanine is part of the composition of aspartame, a common sweetener found in prepared foods (particularly soft drinks, and gum). Due to phenylketonuria, products containing aspartame usually have a warning label stating that they contain phenylalanine, in compliance with U.S. FDA guidelines.

The genetic codon for phenylalanine was the first to be discovered. Marshall W. Nirenberg discovered that, when he inserted m-RNA made up of multiple uracil repeats into E. coli, the bacterium produced a new protein, made up solely of repeated phenylalanine amino acids.

Phenylalanine uses the same active transport channel as tryptophan to cross the blood-brain barrier, and, in large quantities, interferes with the production of serotonin.

Too much Phenylalanine is a neurotoxin and can excite neurons in the brain to the point of cellular death. ADD/ADHD and emotional and behavioral disorders can all be triggered by too much Phenylalanine in the daily diet.

Of interest to avoid as well is other artificial sweeteners that are found in all of the sugarless gums on the market;
Sorbitol, xylitol, mannitol, maltitol, sucralose, fructose (different than the natural fructose in fruit) glucose, neotame, aspartame, High fructose corn syrup, are just a few. There is a few more that have recently come out which I am not familiar with. It is an ever raging battle.

A replacement for the above would be;
real maple syrup
Stevia
dates
honey
This is what we have switched to anyway.

Monosodium Glutamate (MSG)
I think by now, a lot of people have become familiar with MSG and have either avoided it, or have already become sensitive to it. Again, it is a neuro toxin, and kills neurons in the brain. And while most now know to avoid msg, few know about the "hidden" forms of msg. Examples to follow;

soy protein isolate (or any other isolates), hydrolyzed vegetable protein (or anything hydrolyzed)
And because it is late, I cannot think of anymore presently. I will get out my list during normal hours and post more on these ingredients.
Msg and aspartame, are two things that contribute to Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. There are other things that cause them as well, but when it comes to disease, it is mostly diet related, or chemically related.

A lot of vegetarian food products, while some argue is safer than eating meat, can arguably be considered more dangerous, in my opinion. High sodium content in the Worthington brand, for example, can lead to high blood pressure, which can lead to strokes. My mother-in-law was recently diagnosed with it and told to skip salt. In her case, excess salt should be avoided. This isn't mentioning the fact that they are in aluminum cans, or that they contain hydrolyzed ingredients or protein isolates.

There is presently, around 10,000 preservatives used in the food industry today. That also contributes to our health demise.

That is for starters. Wait until I post the info on how the food industry manipulates the terms of the ingredients. I will give you an example.

We all know fructose is the sugar that naturally occurs in fruit right ? Well, in the food industry, fructose is commonly known as corn syrup. So when you see glucose/fructose on a label, it is a cheap sweetener that has been added to the juice. Glucose occurs in our bodies naturally, but the food industry wouldn't take it out of humans right ? Another extracted ingredient. Many things start out as a natural substance, but by the time the food industry is finished with it, using their chemicals to extract and such, it is no longer beneficial or natural any more. Just the processes alone, can destroy the benefits of many foods.

Anyhow, food for thought. (no pun intended) [Big Grin]

Re: Additives to be aware of in our food items #31575
01/29/06 10:37 AM
01/29/06 10:37 AM
Cheri Fritz  Offline
Gloversville, NY, USA
Greetings Bro. Bobby,

Wonderful post on health!

It is a blessing to see someone teaching health reform.

Your Sister in Christ,
Cheri Fritz

Re: Additives to be aware of in our food items #31576
01/29/06 10:54 AM
01/29/06 10:54 AM
zyph  Offline
Dedicated Member
Australia
Would you mind naming the sources of your information, please?

Re: Additives to be aware of in our food items #31577
01/30/06 03:45 AM
01/30/06 03:45 AM
D
Dora  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2013
Veteran Member
USA
Yes! I and others need the link to that website or article!

Thank you for this information, and for sharing with us more information, so we can research it.

In His Love,
Dora

Re: Additives to be aware of in our food items #31578
02/01/06 07:51 AM
02/01/06 07:51 AM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
I thought I'd bring this topic back up. I am also very interested in the sources where you got this information Bobby. It is refreshing to see how important our health is in these days.
God Bless,
Will

Re: Additives to be aware of in our food items #31579
02/05/06 11:28 PM
02/05/06 11:28 PM
B
Bobby  Offline OP
British Columbia
My first book I read was "Counsels on diet and foods" and "Ministry of healing". Of course, since it is inspired from God, any other info I read, has to fall into the same line of truth as the info in those two books. Interesting that snacking, is probably the most harmful thing to our body, even if it is using healthy food.

We have been finding good health related articles on 3abn's website and is a good reference for a lot of topics.

As far as personal care products is concerned, I have a few recommendations for books I have read.
Samuel Epstein, author of the books
"Safe shoppers Bible", "Unreasonable Risk", "The politics of cancer", "The breast cancer prevention program", are a few to look into.
You can also visit
www.preventcancer.com

As far as the food related items, a couple of websites to look up are as follows

www.mercola.com
He has a lot of good info on the artifical sweeteners, effects of the drugs that are useless for us to use and has weekly email newsletters that he sends out as well. There are a few things which he supports such as raw dairy products, or others that I don't necessarily agree with, but is a way lesser evil than the milk industry products available in the stores.

www.newstarget.com
I bought a book from the author of this website called "Poison in the food. Hydrogenated oils" which talks about the oils used in our foods that cause damage to our bodies. He also sends out weekly emails for people who are interested.

www.pcrm.org
(physicians for responsible medicine) was recommended to me by a fellow Adventist who has his own program to help people reverse disease by changing lifestyle, and including God as the main reason for how we are healed. Without God, and our willingness to adhere to the dietary laws given us by Ellen White's writings and examples in the Bible, we achieve insignificant results. This program can be viewed at

www.glaepalife.com

For info on what is really in our flu shots or immunization shots (so evidently covered up by the pharmaceutical industry) buy your own copy of a physicians desk reference, and also visit
www.tetrahedron.org

This will show you that besides the recently publicized use of thimerosal (ethyl mercury) in vaccines, use of aluminum, pork, human aborted fetal tissue and other abominations, are amongst other ingredients that beg question as to the validity of their supposed benefits of prevention of diseases/flus.

A book I picked up from the ABC store titled
"What your doctor doesn't know about nutritional medicine, may be killing you" I haven't read entirely yet, but one I want to get to here soon

A few other books to look up or buy. Sometimes, your local library will have these, which is great
"Excitotoxins the taste that kills" Russell Blaylock
"Water cures: Drugs kill" and "your body's many cries for water" F. Batmanghelidj M.D
or visit
www.watercures.com

People may have read Kevin Trudeau's book
"Natural cures, they don't want you to know about" and it is more of an insight into the system in place in north America more than actually listing the natural cures. Many people believed that the cures would be listed in the book.

Other books of interest
"The fluoride deception" Christopher Bryson
Interesting to note is the head of Canadian dental research, Dr.Hardy Limeback, has re-stated his position on the use of fluoride which is dumped into municipal waters. It actually causes fluorosis and weakens the entire skeletal system. The teeth show the beginning signs of deterioration. I will find the website and you can look at some pics of peoples' teeth that have become subject to fluorosis. Look at the dictionary definition of fluorosis and see for yourself.

"The truth about the drug companies; how they deceive us and what to do about it" and also "Science on trial" by Dr.Marcia Angell
The author of these books was with the New England journal of medicine for two decades and offers an unseen view of how the drug industry has changed gears from trying to help the public, to a marketing giant driven by profits rather than new research and development.

A book I just picked up and haven't read yet looks to be interesting to read.
Herbal antibiotics" by Stephen Harrod Buhner

Anyhow, I have an entire archives on my computer with articles relating to many things. I started learning ten years ago after moving to BC and really started learning more in the past two years. It has really accelerated recently, with adding knowledge of pesticides, personal care products and the toxic effects of cleaning products which seriously affect our health.

Re: Additives to be aware of in our food items #31580
02/06/06 09:12 AM
02/06/06 09:12 AM
B
Bobby  Offline OP
British Columbia
Another interesting thing to point out is the terminology used in ingredient listings regarding spices, natural or artificial flavours.

They can all contain well over 100 ingredients themselves. That's right, 100 or more. And by law, they do not have to disclose that info to us. So when you see artificial bacon bits as having a "natural flavour" listing, it means what it says. On top of that, add 100 or more other preservatives, chemicals, or additives. Same goes for spices or artificial flavours.

Amazing what these food companies get away with. But not surprising at the same time.

Re: Additives to be aware of in our food items #31581
02/06/06 09:21 AM
02/06/06 09:21 AM
B
Bobby  Offline OP
British Columbia

Re: Additives to be aware of in our food items #31582
02/07/06 11:48 AM
02/07/06 11:48 AM
L
liane  Offline
Deceased Member (July 2009)
Bishop, CA
Hi Bobby:

It is really appreciated your effort to educate us and there is so much that we need to know and I believe you have not even scratched the surface of what we should know, especially in this day and age,

BUT, I am reminded by the Spirit of Prophecy that we must not put a burden on those that cannot afford to do otherwise. Also a factor is where some people live they just cannot get certain foods that apply to the health message.

There are some people who need to take medications that have unclean products as a coating, but no other choice or they would die without their medication.

The best is to eat as much as one can of natural foods at the source. Next is to the best one can with what they do.

As an example I use to use organic milk and products. Well what I found out is that the land must be organic used for two years and the animals such as cows must be organic fed for one year to be called organic. This takes into consideration that it does not matter how the land was use before the two years or where the animals came from before one year.

All any of us can do is the best we can in the situation we have at hand. Do what we can and what we can afford to do.

Liane, the Zoo Mama

Re: Additives to be aware of in our food items #31583
02/08/06 05:24 PM
02/08/06 05:24 PM
S
Stephanie Suranyi  Offline
Charter Member
near Chicago, IL , USA
Very interesting, Bobby. Now, I have a question for you. First off, I checked out the vitamin link you gave us. I have to take a multivitamin and calcium supplement every day because I had gastric bypass in 2004. Now, the calcium I need to take has to be chewable because my stomach/intestines won't absorb enough of the capsules/caplets. I take prenatal vitamins because I plan to have more children in the near future and want to be prepared for when it happens. Now, the prenatals listed on the site are comparable...no problem. What I have a problem with is the calcium. Right now I take Caltrate 600 Plus Chewables. I take 3 tablets a day...totaling 1800mg of calcium. Again, I take that amount because not ALL of it gets absorbed and those of us who have had the surgery take higher doses to get the amount needed. Did that make sense? Anyway, the serving size is 1 tablet of caltrate, 600mg. The serving size of the vegan calcium is 4 tablets, 400mg total. To equal the amount I have to get in, I would have to take 4.5 servings of the vegan calcium supplement, which is 18 tablets PER DAY. I'm sorry, but I just cannot see spending $8.00 for a bottle of calcium that won't even last me a week! I don't have that much money to spend on vitamins/minerals....

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 04/29/24 09:07 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!