HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,619
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Nadi, 2 invisible), 3,409 guests, and 22 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Scientists may have found meat link to colon cancer #31625
02/02/06 09:01 AM
02/02/06 09:01 AM
Will  Offline OP
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Very interesting article:
Meat Link to colon cancer
God Bless,
Will

Re: Scientists may have found meat link to colon cancer #31626
02/06/06 06:58 AM
02/06/06 06:58 AM
B
Bobby  Offline
British Columbia
The colon is an interesting subject. Not only is meat in general more harmful for us to consume (not including the growth hormones used or similar things), there are a few other things that contribute to colon problems and eventually colon cancer.

Not only does most meat we eat still contain blood, which according to the bible we shouldn't eat, the high uric acid content in meat in turn raises our acidity level. This makes us more prone to sickness and parasite infestations.

A book I read, but remember only bits of it was called "The animal connection" I think the author's name was Agatha Thrash, if I remember correctly. It was there that I read the connection of animals to us. Our RNA/DNA interacts with the RNA/DNA of the meat of whatever animal we eat, and becomes a foreign cell in our body.

So in essence, it appears to me that the more meat we eat, the more animalistic we become, and less human. Now it is the RNA of one (human or animal) that reacts with the opposite type (DNA) of the other. (maybe I made that as clear as mud, I dunno) I cannot remember if it is the RNA from the meat that unites with a DNA from us to make that foreign cell, or if it is the opposite. (DNA from meat unites with RNA from us) Anyhow, I will need to locate the book and see if I can get it straight.

The colon problem is a combination of neglect in a few basic things. To correct it, there are a couple of things you can choose from. First off is to evaluate if you are "regular". That meaning you have regular bowel movements every day. When I was a teenager, I would be once a day, to every two days. My sister-in-law, is once every week to ten days. Not normal whatsoever. We have a friend as well who is in the same situation. This can lead to vitamin and mineral deficiencies, as both our friend and family member are anemic.(iron deficient)A person has to have a movement everyday, and usually one for each time they eat.

I will cite the problems and suggest a few things to anyone who may be having this problem.
Snacking
Lack of water
Lack of fiber
poor nutrition

continued....

Re: Scientists may have found meat link to colon cancer #31627
02/06/06 07:18 AM
02/06/06 07:18 AM
B
Bobby  Offline
British Columbia
continued...

Basically, when you eat a meal, your body starts to digest it. If you eat two hours later, while it is still digesting, the whole process stops. While the food lays in your intestines from the meal two hours prior, the attention is now focused on the new food eaten. Repeat this day in, day out and it will take its toll. This adds to the undigested food, and eventually becomes fecal matter, which is difficult to excrete. Especially when you bring in the next piece of the puzzle. Water

Water is extremely important to everyday living. I myself, usually either drink enough water, or forget to drink any. It is difficult to consistently drink water when we have so many other tasty things to drink. Therefore, a habit is required to establish.

The effects of not drinking enough water is pretty serious. If we eat lots of fresh produce per day, we get some water via fresh produce. But not enough to meet the body's needs. Our lungs, kidneys, blood, and everything else, all need a certain percentage of water to flush themselves free of toxins, and general operating needs. Failure to do this and the body looks for other avenues to "steal" the water from. Where is the first place it looks ? The intestines.

This is due to the fact there is usually some liquids in the food we ate, whether it be saliva, beverages, water, or the water available in fresh produce. The body, if not given enough water in between meals, will take what is needed for other, more important areas. When this happens, the intestines are not as able to excrete the unneeded food/waste out of the body (or the blood's ability to flush toxins out as well).

This leads to fecal matter, which is basically hardened, undigested food that coats the walls of the intestines, and very difficult to remove. Diarrhea, most of the time shows us that there is a blockage in the colon somewhere and the body is only able to pass that little amount of feces.

Since I took a colon cleanse product a few years back, I have never had any diarrhea since. I can sit and eat 10 pounds of cherries if I desire, and feel no effects. Same with prunes. Although, due to my inconsistent meal times and frequent bad food outings (from being on the road), I am far from "regular". It is a chore to establish good habits and a consistent daily routine. The body needs this. We need to eat at roughly the same time each day, and our body will get into a routine and expect the meals at that given interval.

Another way to achieve possibly quicker results is to use a colonics board. Myself, I chose to use a herbal formulation to achieve results. It all depends on what line of work you are in and if there is a bathroom available when needed. Water is especially important with the herbal product to achieve success. Believe me, when it is time to go bathroom, it is time. LOL

The other two I listed are self explanatory (lack of fiber/poor nutrition). We get a lot of fiber from fresh vegetables, as well as fruit. But changing to a vegan diet alone will not cleanse the fecal matter from the colon. (that I am aware of as of now) This is where the herbs come into play. I have tried a few colon cleanses and found a couple that work quite well.

Avoiding white flour is a good place to start, as well as dairy. They are both mucus forming foods that hinder the body's ability to function. A book I read years ago called," Muscusless diet healing system", talks mostly about how to fast and how to do it properly, as well as listing the benefits of fruits and vegetables. As that is a different subject for a different thread, I will just say this; Fruit helps to break down mucus, vegetables act as the "broom" to cleanse out things from the body. When you fast, fruit is the thing to use, vegetables are to break the fast. He also endorses the use of colonics, which he himself used.

There is an Adventist company called Silver Hills bread that makes bread here in BC that uses NO flour. It is a sprouted grain bread, as well as certified organic. I am not sure how far east they go, but one can order the bread and have it shipped on the greyhound. (they have one guy in Japan that orders it and it costs him $10/loaf by the time it reaches him) Celiac's can eat this bread as it is gluten free. And it actually looks and tastes like normal bread! And filling. It is good stuff. No dairy or anything like that in it. Right now we buy from Walmart or Costco, around $3.27 per loaf. Costco only carries one brand but they sell two loaves for $5.25

Canada bread is a distributor for Silver Hills bread. So it may well be Canada wide by now. If you are in a Walmart or Costco, take a look. Of course, it could also be in any given health food store.

I believe that their bread is a good source of fiber and can help with many things.

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:07 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!