HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,631
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl, TheophilusOne, 1 invisible), 3,299 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Still think beef is "Bible clean" food? #38492
05/15/05 03:23 AM
05/15/05 03:23 AM
Cheri Fritz  Offline
Gloversville, NY, USA
Greetings Phil,

My own history growing up as an Adventist, my family always told me that we ate kosher style.

Well about 4 years ago I began studying the Health Reform Message and I found out how we are not to eat any flesh foods for our time because we are living in the Day of Atonement. But further on in my studies I realized that there is no such thing as kosher style. Either you are kosher or you are not!

While on this subject I believe it would be wonderful for those that also know the Health Reform Message share why we are not to take part in the eating of flesh foods, both Biblically and scientically.

Your Sister in Christ Jesus,
Cheri Fritz

Re: Still think beef is "Bible clean" food? #38493
05/28/05 01:17 AM
05/28/05 01:17 AM
Davros  Offline
Dedicated Member
Ohio
Convincing a non Adventist to abstain from flesh could be quite hard. Jesus himself ate flesh and so did the angels when they met with Abraham. It would be hard to tell someone that they are committing a sin by doing the same thing Jesus did. It would seem to them that we are calling Jesus and the angels sinners.

It would be easier to convict them over the kosher diet, however, as that is found in the Bible.

Re: Still think beef is "Bible clean" food? #38494
05/28/05 02:40 AM
05/28/05 02:40 AM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
I know that in todays aggroculture industry that chickens are given steroids to maximize profits by reducing the timeto fully grow in half. An example is that it takes 3 months to get a baby chick to look fully grown vs 6 months\1year.
Animals know when they are going to be killed since they can smell blood, and it may be very well possible that they hear what can be happening. They are not as stupid as many would like us to believe.
My point is that today meat is a risky thing to eat look at the avian flu, diseases caused by farming salmon, foot and mouth, mad cow, all sorts of stuff to do the following:
1. Supply the general public
2. Get the product (meat) out to the consumers in less time by using science..weird science if you will.

God has given man dominion over all the creatues and the land, and we are destroying it and abusing creatures. I would not eat meat because of the above reasons, and also kosher meat is tasteless from what I have heard.

The same proteins, and oils, and nutrients can be found in theplant kingdom.
God Bless & Happy Sabbath,
Will

Re: Still think beef is "Bible clean" food? #38495
05/28/05 05:47 AM
05/28/05 05:47 AM
Ikan  Offline OP
Very Dedicated Member
Plowing
Dave True, it would be easier to urge a Adventist-style meat eating diet (but it is in no way kosher! Ask a Jew.) But is easier God's way? Do we want to perpetuate what Sunday-keepers claim we are, "Judaizing Christians" on the "kosher myth" as well as our Sabbath-keeping??

However to make a non-meat diet a matter of salvation is not Adventist either. I think we should lead by example, not by what's easier. Yes, Jesus eat lamb and fish (that's all we have record of) but He also wore sandals and cloaks: should we? God sent the SOP for our day for a good reason, one of which is that the health reform message is vital for our day.

Willy Great reasons for not eating meat. Yes, kosher meat is pretty tastless (I worked in the food industry all my life and grew up with Jews), so that's one reason you see pickled meats and peppered meats, pastrami, corned beef etc. in kosher delicatessens.

[ May 28, 2005, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: Phil N. D'blanc ]

Re: Still think beef is "Bible clean" food? #38496
05/28/05 10:23 AM
05/28/05 10:23 AM
Cheri Fritz  Offline
Gloversville, NY, USA
Greetings Everyone,

Dave, regarding your statement:
quote:
Convincing a non Adventist to abstain from flesh could be quite hard.

I would like to clear up this statement, although I am not implying that you do not realize this, just that others may perceive we are to do a work of conviction through our own merits.

The work of how we are to be an evangelist(to do missionary work, etc.) is not for us to convict another. Evangelism is to plant seeds of truth which are living and dwelling in us through the power of Christ Jesus. Then it is the work of the Holy Spirit to convict the hearts of humanity.

After teaching people the truth of health reform, we must take things in to prayer.

To teach health reform we must look to the sanctuary message and realize what our duty is for the congregation, and for us personally before the Lord. One of the great important issues is that not only are the 10 commandments in the ark of the covenant, but also the rod of Aaron and the jar of mannna. We need to find out why the Lord is considering these things with Him while He is in the Most Holy Place.

A very good book for all to read is "The Cross and Its Shadow"

Cheri Fritz

Re: Still think beef is "Bible clean" food? #38497
05/28/05 01:29 PM
05/28/05 01:29 PM
Redfog  Offline
Michigan, USA
I think we as Adventists sometime get this idea that we are the only vegetarians. This could not be further from the truth, we are but a small minority of the vegetarians in the world. I associate on occasion with young people who are vegan/vegetarian for a variety of reasons; to protect the environment, a healthier lifestyle, preventing cruelty or they are living on a shoestring. (Paradoxidly (is that a word?) many of these same people will think nothing of smoking marijuana.) I guess what I'm trying to say is that if we want to convert people over to a vegetarian lifestyle there are many ways to convince them other than that we feel it is sin.

Redfog

Re: Still think beef is "Bible clean" food? #38498
05/29/05 03:24 AM
05/29/05 03:24 AM
Cheri Fritz  Offline
Gloversville, NY, USA
Greetings Redfog,

Yes, you are very correct in saying that we should not teach it to be sin. Instruction in truth needs to be giving, caring, and understanding.

Even when the other person in study of truth does not comprehend or even perhaps reject the truth, our hopes should not dwindle, for we have prayer that the seeds of truth will be Watered, and that the hearts will be like prepared good soil.

It is the power of the Holy Spirit that will convict the soul of whether it is sin or good. Our work is so simple, we need to be the living example not by our strength and works, but by His!

As an Adventist I do not think that we are the only vegetarians. But I do beleive as an Adventist, that there are precious truths to be taught as to why we are practicing vegetarianism.

It is the Lord's will that we not force one another to have our same faith and be of one accord. He desires that we attend to our own salvation, and become the vessel that will carry the Oil and light up the whole world.

Also, I am sorry if I have not presented my comments with better understanding.

Cheri Fritz

Re: Still think beef is "Bible clean" food? #38499
05/28/05 05:11 PM
05/28/05 05:11 PM
Cheri Fritz  Offline
Gloversville, NY, USA
Hi once again,

You after rereading I thought I would take the time to clarify the following a bit better.

quote:

It is the Lord's will that we not force one another to have our same faith and be of one accord. He desires that we attend to our own salvation, and become the vessel that will carry the Oil and light up the whole world.

It is not the Lord's will to force truth, nor should it be our desire or will to force truth onto another, nor should we desire to force another into being of one accord with the Christ Jesus. This work of coming into one accord is the power of the Holy Spirit as truth sanctify's the soul.

So sorry for my error and hope this helps my ackward sentence.

Cheri Fritz

Re: Still think beef is "Bible clean" food? #38500
05/28/05 05:23 PM
05/28/05 05:23 PM
Davros  Offline
Dedicated Member
Ohio
quote:
In the kingdom of God, eating and drinking are not important. The important things are living right with God, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.
Romans 14:17

Re: Still think beef is "Bible clean" food? #38501
06/01/05 06:20 PM
06/01/05 06:20 PM
A
Andrew Marttinen  Offline
Pastor
Dedicated Member
Carleton Place, Ontario, Canad...
I see the issue here is the way food is prepared. In bible times, unless it was a burnt offering, the priest and the person who brought their flesh offering both had a feast when it was sacrificed (and the fat belonged to the Lord--Lev. 3:16). This is why the best animals were offered--they were the greatest tasting and healthiest. The more solemn the occasion and the more offerings given, the more flesh foods were consumed.

Nowadays preparation is different. Chemicals and hormones are ruining just about everything. Even what we drink isn't safe. Speaking about unclean foods, our prayer meeting group last night had a discussion about "vitamin" D3 which is normally added to milk. According to a medical source http://vitamind.ucr.edu/milk.html people whose religion restricts what they eat have a dilema on their hands. "Vitamin" D3 may come from swine's flesh.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/12/24 10:01 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!