HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,608
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
Daryl 3
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 3,131 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Wiccam and christians? #39065
09/26/04 02:51 AM
09/26/04 02:51 AM
Brandi  Offline OP
USA
I know that I haven't been around for a long time, but I have been frequenting other christian forums as well as this one. As I was reading in another christian forum, (as those are the only forums I like to read) and I came across a post that concerned me. I went and looked up "wiccan" and the same wording came from there as with the poster of this particular post.
Here goes:

quote:
But the Other Realm is so much more real to me, and I was put here to manifest it in the midst of you all, and I know if only you could
embrace Me in It as It will have me to embrace everyone, there would be poetry and prophecy and song and Great Joy and Love Divine. You would
become accustomed to what seems strange to you about Us and soon "the shapes of hell would be turned again to loveliness,")

Now if someone is passing this type of thinking off as being a christian outlook, then how are we to look at it? Me pesonally, do not think this is of a christian mind but rather an occult of wiccan.
I was wondering if I am wrong in my thinking and if so, then why and if not, then why not?

Please, I need some insight on this matter.

Thanks,
Brandi

Re: Wiccam and christians? #39066
09/26/04 05:58 AM
09/26/04 05:58 AM
John H.  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
North Carolina, USA
Hi Brandi,

Wicca is witchcraft, plain and simple. The world headquarters is about 40 miles down the road from here. Don't be swayed by all their talk of peace and love --

"Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light." -- 2 Corinthians 11:14

Re: Wiccam and christians? #39067
09/26/04 02:05 PM
09/26/04 02:05 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Yes, the devil isn't referred to as the deceiver for nothing.

Re: Wiccam and christians? #39068
09/27/04 03:40 AM
09/27/04 03:40 AM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Naturally the devil doesn;t even want you to know he exists!
Well in order to bring this close to home there is an awesome testimony by the late Roger Morneau, and I highly recommend spending 30minutes to 1 hour or so (depending on how you read) reading this. It is an eye opener to say the least
You can find it here

God Bless,
Will

Re: Wiccam and christians? #39069
09/26/04 04:51 PM
09/26/04 04:51 PM
H
Heading Home  Offline
Posting New Member
U.S.
What a artical. That is really something to read. I'm still not all done. But the important information there is really good. It is also very good for people who have children are family/friends who have gotten caught up in witchcraft. It tills the whole story plus.
===================
P.S.

"and soon "the shapes of hell would be turned again to loveliness,")"

This thought alone is anti-biblical. It makes a person stop fearing hell (distruction of the wicked) thinking God would never do this. It does not show wickedness (or hell) as being anti-God but rather something good and lovely in its own right.

I don't recall where it is but the bible says that in the end they will cry peace peace (deceiving the people) when there is no peace. These people are deceived and are believing in goodness and loveliness is even hell. People want so much to believe this and many do.

Do not follow them or you too will surely be deceived. Follow the Bible my friend, if it is not taught there by God then there is NO Truth in it.

[ September 26, 2004, 03:07 PM: Message edited by: Heading Home ]

Re: Wiccam and christians? #39070
09/26/04 05:22 PM
09/26/04 05:22 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
New Age(witchcraft,spiritualism) claims that the end of the world will be peaceful and that we will go into a higher state or something like that..
God Bless,
Will

Re: Wiccam and christians? #39071
09/26/04 08:08 PM
09/26/04 08:08 PM
John H.  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
North Carolina, USA
Bro. Morneau's experiences are so right on. I've read his book Beware of Angels, and want to get the entire book that the page Will linked is taken from.

One snippet from that page:
quote:
So we're in the warfare, good against evil and we happen to be the evil ones. But we're not that bad."
That matches precisely some of my experiences with these types of people. In the past I've had encounters with folks who were demon possessed, so much so that I wasn't really talking to the human being, but directly to the evil spirit(s) living inside of and controlling the person. And they painted the same picture: "Come on over to our side, join us, we're not really all that bad. It can be a lot of fun."

Being on the Lord's side is more fun, I think. :-) And will last a lot longer.

Re: Wiccam and christians? #39072
09/26/04 10:28 PM
09/26/04 10:28 PM
Brandi  Offline OP
USA
How will christians reconize this today? Will they reconize this? The christians that are around this don't even realize this is going on or if they do, then they have the ability not to deal with it. I think they see it as something that lifts spirits and brings their life into a more spiritual realm of co-existing.
How does a simple new to christianity person show how this is something not of Christ but rather part of the devil? Without being condescending and forceful and seemingly pushy?
Any ideas?
thank you all for the insight and the links provided so far. I hope to see more insights to this problem.
Brandi

Re: Wiccam and christians? #39073
09/28/04 05:15 AM
09/28/04 05:15 AM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Hi Brandi,
A new Christian convert will have no problem at all believing what God has revealed to us in His Word.
So with the Bible as our standard of faith we can look at such doctrines taught by many denominations that teach in the immortality of the soul.
That teaching alone is a common thread that is found in spiritualism, so how do we verify this?
The Bible has the following verse identifying who alone has immortality:
quote:

1 Timothy 6:14-16
14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Now in retrospect the devil told Eve in the garden of Eden the following:
1. That you will not die (immortality)
2. You will be like gods (self-preservation)
**Wiccan principle states that the "supernatural" power is naturally potential to all. **

We can find this in the Bible in the following verses:
quote:

Genesis 3:4,5
4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

There is only 1 God.

Wiccans also believe in the "joy of sex" whether it be heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual..

Whereas God has told us that nothing that defiles will enter into heaven, and also that thou shalt not commit adultery.

Wiccans believe in worshipping many gods whereas God said thou shalt worship no other gods.

How do you tell this to someone, well you have to tell it in love as it is found in the Bible:

quote:

Romans 12:10
10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;

Whenexplaining these things do it in love, but do not compromise the truth, and sometimes the truth does hurt, BUT if you tell them in love with the sincerity of telling that person that you care, and that Jesus cares, and with much prayer and the power of the Holy Spirit I believe that God will open up the person(s) eyes.

If you have more questions feel free to post them.

God Bless,
Will

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by dedication. 05/01/24 02:33 AM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/29/24 04:47 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!