HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,631
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl, dedication, TheophilusOne, 1 invisible), 3,255 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
Re: Exercise???? How do you find the time? #48735
07/24/01 07:26 PM
07/24/01 07:26 PM
Sarah Moss  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Way to go Tom! I can't imagine going 330 km in anything other than a car!!!

I did a fitness testing while at campmeeting and discovered that I am out of shape. Like I didn't know that! The bonus is that they gave good advice on how to get into shape, what to do, how to do it and how often. So, once my back stops hurting enough to let me walk farther than 6 blocks, I will be back at it. Of course, I may just start anyway and suffer through it, who knows, it just might help my back! One can only hope!

I'm afraid, gentlemen, that the only photo you will be getting for a while is the one attached above! Sorry to disappoint you, but at this point I don't have a way to get you a picture even if I did have one to put up!

------------------
Sarah Moss
*Prayer Changes Things!*

[This message has been edited by Mrs Sarah Moss (edited July 24, 2001).]

Re: Exercise???? How do you find the time? #48736
07/24/01 11:51 PM
07/24/01 11:51 PM
W
Wedntgp  Offline
?
Look again Sarah, Tom did 330 MILES not km. If my metric is correct, that is a bit further!

By the way, how old is that picture that you post for us to get an idea of who you are? Is the gentleman looking on, your current husband?

I would suggest starting to walk, even if your back is hurting. That way you may get blisters on your feet, which will take the attention away from your back pain. Depends on which you would rather have your attention drawn to, blisters or back pain.

Re: Exercise???? How do you find the time? #48737
07/25/01 02:27 PM
07/25/01 02:27 PM
T
Tom Wetmore  Offline
Silver Spring, MD, USA
Wdntgp, I do have some pictures, but don't know how or even if I can post them here. Not surprisingly, looking back on 330 miles seems less than looking forward to 330 miles. Although I am indeed looking forward to doing it again next summer.

Sarah, the key to exercise and getting in shape is to follow the "Nike rule" which is "Just do it." (From the Nike company advertising slogan.) Just keep at it and do as much as you can. You will surprise yourself that "as much as you can" will increase over time. In March, before the AIDSRide, I was clearly not in shape, finding 25-30 miles to be a stretch. But by regularly getting on the bike and increasing the mileage I was able to be ready by early June. And now 30-50 miles is not a big deal. I plan to maintain between now and next spring and be in better shape for the ride next summer. So, walk those six blocks and keep at it. In time, sixty blocks will be a breeze!

Just do it!

Tom

Re: Exercise???? How do you find the time? #48738
07/25/01 08:26 PM
07/25/01 08:26 PM
Sarah Moss  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Thanks for the encouragement guys! I will get to the exercise lickety split!!

I am coming up to my second anniversary in September, so that is quite a recent photo, and Yes, the gentlemen is my current, and first hubby! Cute, isn't he??? You should meet him - he's even better in person!

The pool in my apartment building is to be open by the end of this month, I am looking forward to that and anticipate being in there every day, if possible. I'm going to be out on the streets walking or rollerblading beginning . . . soon. If not today, then definitely on Sunday. I have goals, I have plans, I will follow through!!!!!!! Check on me though, I can often forget all my good intentions when something more fun comes up! Just kidding. This time, I will "Just Do It".

------------------
Sarah Moss
Psalms 103 - I am blessed!

Re: Exercise???? How do you find the time? #48739
07/25/01 10:40 PM
07/25/01 10:40 PM
W
Wedntgp  Offline
?
Tom
I hate to appear cruel, but seeing a picture of you in spandex is not in the top ten things I aspire to do in this lifetime!

Wendy,
I am glad to see that you are pleased enough with your last husband to put his picture along with yours on the forum.

What happened to the stair climbing thing?

Re: Exercise???? How do you find the time? #48740
07/26/01 01:53 PM
07/26/01 01:53 PM
Sarah Moss  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
The stair climbing thing died. I lost my partner because she felt uncomfortable working after exercising like that. That and we wanted to get outdoors in all this beautiful weather....

I have not quit, just changing. If only there was a long staircase outside I could do.... That's okay, I will get in shape, just a different way.

------------------
Sarah Moss

Re: Exercise???? How do you find the time? #48741
07/28/01 01:55 PM
07/28/01 01:55 PM
W
Wedntgp  Offline
?
Check with Jacob, I think he had an experience with outdoor staircases.

Or move to Philly, and sun up and down the library stairs like Rocky did.

If you exercised enough to really sweat, that should help you in your work. It would keep the other employees from hanging around your desk bothering you.

I have been thinking about an issue that has been troubling me. We talk about exercise, and we focus on bike riding, walking, running, climbing stairs, lifting weights, etc. Isn't there an exercise that is not only intense, but produces a good product or result along with the exercise? Mowing lawns, and that type of thing, but that can be done on a daily basis.

Re: Exercise???? How do you find the time? #48742
07/29/01 03:12 AM
07/29/01 03:12 AM
C
Catherine  Offline
Charter Member
Veteran Member
Michigan, USA
Sister White said that gardening is better exercise than the things we usually think of when we think of exercise. I really feel that the best exercise is something that is done outdoors, so we can also get the fresh air & sunshine that are so important to our health. And that goes for the winter too. Shoveling snow would be good. But none of those useful activities provide consistent, daily exercise as easily as walking, biking, etc.

When I put my garden in, and am working hard tilling and raking, I don't walk, but I don't feel I am getting much exercise when I'm sitting on the ground between the rows pulling weeds and deadheading flowers. So then I feel I need to walk too.

------------------
The Lord is the strength of my life and my portion forever.

Re: Exercise???? How do you find the time? #48743
07/29/01 06:57 PM
07/29/01 06:57 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I have been told that simply walking is the best exercise of them all.

Daryl

Re: Exercise???? How do you find the time? #48744
07/30/01 02:14 PM
07/30/01 02:14 PM
Sarah Moss  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
For me, part of the issue is that I am an apartment dweller and therefore do not even have the option of snow shoveling or gardening - unless I go do it for someone else....

I have actually taken up roller blading now. Of course, it appears to be a somewhat dangerous activity, my husband fell and hurt himself our first time out.... oops.

I have also heard that walking (with walking sticks to get the arms moving) is also one of the best things you can do. Most of the time, however, I find that I don't walk fast enough, long enough, to get my heart rate to where I need it to be... and cross-country skiing in the winter.

I took a fitness testing while at campmeeting and they recommended 30 minutes of cardiovascular exercise 6 days a week. In fact, they even provided a walking schedule to help get you started. I haven't figured out how far a mile is, but I figure if I work hard for a 1/2 hour, that should be sufficient and get me started. As I get in better shape, I can keep the 1/2 hour and just travel farther than before.

Oh, Wedntgp, I have to tell you that I took your advice and started (rollerblading) even though my back was still very sore, and it helped!!! My back felt better almost immediately! Of course, I also got a blood blister on my toe...... So I guess your prediction was right all the way around. Thanks.

------------------
Sarah Moss

[This message has been edited by Mrs Sarah Moss (edited July 30, 2001).]

Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/12/24 10:01 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!