HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,630
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl), 3,077 guests, and 14 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Spring Down-Under #53706
08/31/01 09:08 AM
08/31/01 09:08 AM
mikk  Offline OP
NSW, Australia
Spring is definitely here - and out here it brings its own special set of problems. This season is dry and getting hotter all the time. Out here in the 'bush' (country area to all you northerners!) there is a big problem with bush-fires. We need to control-burn regularly. Our native 'gum' trees don't die with fire, but a big fire through the bush is impossible to control and very frightening. Every little district has its own bush-fire brigade staffed by volunteers who are residents in the district. As well, each land owner is expected to keep his/her property regularly burnt - controlled of course. We only have about an acre and a half of bush - but that's quite enough to keep clean! And I have been doing several good burns over the last few days. Its done now but only just in time as the summer fire ban has gone on today - very early! That means no more fires without a permit - and there are HUGE fines.
The scientists say that the Australian landscape/environment developed as it is today because of fire. We have a number of trees and plants that only germinate after fire has gone through - the seeds actually need that kind of heat to burst out of their casings. (Although there are ways to 'trick' them in the kitchen!)
I'd like to think that there will be a little part of the earth made new that will look a little like the Australian bush - but I do wonder how the Lord will achieve that. The natural world is wonderful but it is hard for us to imagine without all these detrimental things that we are so used to.
May His coming be soon!

Re: Spring Down-Under #53707
08/31/01 02:12 PM
08/31/01 02:12 PM
C
Catherine  Offline
Charter Member
Veteran Member
Michigan, USA
Mikk, Surely all of the plants and animals we now know of will be in the New Earth. After all, God created every one of them in the beginning! Since sin entered this world, they adapted to survive the environmental changes it caused. Once God makes the earth anew for us, they will certainly be here just as they were before sin cursed our world, wouldn't you think?

------------------
The Lord is the strength of my life and my portion forever.

Re: Spring Down-Under #53708
09/01/01 11:46 PM
09/01/01 11:46 PM
Zita  Offline
Christchurch, New Zealand
Mikk, yesterday at church we were priveledged to see the very 1st Australiasian News downloaded from the satelite. In it there were clips of the Australian outback. It was wonderful to see, as it is so different from here in NZ, and reminded me of our trip last December. Yes, I loved the Australian bush, loved walking through it, just as I love our own NZ bush. In heaven, no doubt, we will have all the different kinds that there are in the world, and we won't need a bush fire to regenerate them! I always feel sorry when I hear that there is a fire over there, I think of all the animals trapped. Our children always loved that story of Skippy the Kangaroo.

Zita

Re: Spring Down-Under #53709
09/07/01 07:47 AM
09/07/01 07:47 AM
mikk  Offline OP
NSW, Australia
Sorry I didn't answer you right away, but I have been away for the week giving a friend some help in her little one teacher school.
The reason for the control burning is so that it DOESN'T get so hot or so big that the animals can't escape. That's why it takes extra time and effort to do it properly. I had trouble even keeping it going this year - it was quite wet underneath - but of course that's no guarantee that it won't dry out during the summer and become a real hazard.
Great that the Aussie news came down on the satelite last week. I missed it unfortunately. I marvel at how God can use all the technology. Don't know if you remember years ago in NZ we couldn't get any of our programs on radio. (I don't know what its like now!?) My family were living up the far north of the north island of NZ and when the atmospheric conditions were right across the Tasman Sea we could hear HMS Richards speaking from a station in Newcastle, NSW. I thought that was wonderful!
btw I did lots of bush walking in the north island as a child. Loved it! BUT heaven will be even better! Can't wait for it!

Re: Spring Down-Under #53710
09/07/01 08:06 PM
09/07/01 08:06 PM
mikk  Offline OP
NSW, Australia
Cathy - I put a reply up to Zita last evening - and its still not visible. Is it just my browser or does it not appear on yours either? I'll rewrite if necessary.
Thanks
mikk

Re: Spring Down-Under #53711
11/27/01 08:52 AM
11/27/01 08:52 AM
Zita  Offline
I can read your reply ok Mikk and yes there is something special about the NZ bush walks.
I was brought up in the bush, as my father cut tee tree for a living, and Mum would help him, so I got to exploring the bush every day.Today it holds a very special place in my heart, and I find it very rewarding to just sit meditate and pray.

Zita

Re: Spring Down-Under #53712
11/30/01 09:26 PM
11/30/01 09:26 PM
mikk  Offline OP
NSW, Australia
Nice to see some posts here again. I have some great memories of walks we did in NZ when I was a child. One of the hardest but most interesting was up to the Ketatahu Springs (I'm not at all sure of the spelling after all these years!) on the side of Mount Tongariro. That was a really tough one - we had several tries to get right up to the springs - once we children just got too tired and once the mist came down on the mountain and Dad decided to get us down fast! I remember the fun of running down!
Another fun treck was out to the gannets at Cape Kidnappers out from Hastings. And NOW I hear that there are vehicles to take you out there! How things change!
I hope that SOMETIME I might get back to NZ to see some of the things I remember.

Re: Spring Down-Under #53713
12/01/01 06:55 AM
12/01/01 06:55 AM
Zita  Offline
Mikk, I guess if you managed to get back you would be amazed at the changes here!
there is nothing like going back home and seeing the progress.
Here in canterbury, the walking tracks are just mushrooming, and the mountain bike tracks are springing up everywhere, until we get a storm which drops the pine trees on the tracks.
Wonderful memories shared here. Yes,Cape Kidnappers - great place, got to keep up with the tourists who haven't time to walk anywhere.

Joy and Peace
Zita

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!