HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,615
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 19
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,245 guests, and 22 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Temperature comparisons #53880
12/06/02 08:45 AM
12/06/02 08:45 AM
mikk  Offline OP
NSW, Australia
Zita, this post is especially for you! Not sure tho if I shouldn't have headed this 'Globalization'! We have a TV channel that has been giving New Zealand weather and temperature summaries along with the Aussie ones. Over here its NBN channel on the 'Today' show. So each morning as I watch the news I get to see what your weather is doing - and its lots colder - which of course might be a good thing right now. Sydney is in the middle of horrendous bush fires and its all going up like a tinder box. The winds have been very strong - one afternoon gusting to 100km the reports said. Somewhere between 30 and 40 homes have been burnt so far and all roads north out of the ciy as well as the railway north have been closed last night and most of today. As the winds have changed direction the fires have set off into new areas. Very frightening stuff and of course dreadful for those who have lost everything. The fire chief interviewed on the news said that these fires are making them rewrite all their books on fire behaviour. Spot fires are happening kilometers ahead of the main fire and everything - even green lawns - is burning.

Re: Temperature comparisons #53881
12/07/02 09:02 AM
12/07/02 09:02 AM
Zita  Offline
Christchurch, New Zealand
Hi Mikk, what a lovely suprise to read a special message for me!

We have a son in Sydney, so we have been watching closely the reports of the terrible fires there. The close encounters, the homes burning, the loss.
After closing Sabbath a short time ago, I sat on the couch and looked around the lounge, and we talked about the loss, and tried to picture it all. It's difficult to imagine.

There are times when I catch the weather report for Australia on TV too, Mikk, and the temps are vastly different alright. I am quite happy to live here!
Nice gentle rain here tonight.
Suits my lovely garden! Our city is a riot of colour with the roses all out everywhere.

We can only pray, and we sure do that, for the fire situation in NSW.
For all those affected, our hearts go out to them.

Re: Temperature comparisons #53882
12/07/02 06:50 PM
12/07/02 06:50 PM
mikk  Offline OP
NSW, Australia
Oh! I can just imagine that rain - I'd love to be out in it right now - and I wouldn't even need the example of the galahs to set me dancing! It's just soooo dry here.
Your roses sound lovely. Roses are funny things, aren't they. Some of them are so fussy re their growing conditions and other seem to love quite harsh conditions. I have a garden bed of solid clay next to a carport. I cut corners when building this and neglected to put on roof guttering with the result that any moisture on the roof just runs straight down over the edge. I have several roses planted there and they love it! Nothing else does! One - a Cecil Brunner - goes up 8 feet at least and is usually covered with tiny pink roses. And its not supposed to be a climber.
re the Sydney fires - I found that the RTA has put up some cams on a few of the major routes around Sydney - and there's one interesting one showing the bridge over the Hawkesbury river on the freeway north where the fires are down almost into the town.- http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au

======

I edited this so the URL link will work. [Smile]

[ January 19, 2003, 12:52 AM: Message edited by: Daryl Fawcett ]

Re: Temperature comparisons #53883
01/19/03 05:08 AM
01/19/03 05:08 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
What is the fire situation there now?

Re: Temperature comparisons #53884
01/19/03 09:46 PM
01/19/03 09:46 PM
zyph  Offline
Dedicated Member
Australia
Daryl, I believe there are many fires still burning throughout New South Wales and Victoria. Here is a link to explain what has been happening in Canberra. (The statistics regarding people taken to Sydney might not be accurate, but that's what was reported last night.)

Fires have swept through Australia's national capital city, Canberra. 4 people have died, and 4 more are critically ill. 65 people were admitted to hospital with burns, and have been sent to hospitals in Sydney, hundreds of miles away, because local hospitals did not have the resources to cope. 400 homes have been destroyed, 250 people have been hurt. The Mount Stromlow Obsevatory has been destroyed, as has the RSPCA -the animal shelter - and public health laboratories. Fires have travelled so swiftly, people have had to leave their homes with nothing.

Please pray for the bereaved families, and those suffering in hospital. Pray also for the fire fighters, whose are still fighting severe conditions.

=========

Instead of the URL, I placed your post here. - Daryl. [Smile]

[ January 19, 2003, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: Daryl Fawcett ]

Re: Temperature comparisons #53885
02/15/03 06:40 AM
02/15/03 06:40 AM
Zita  Offline
Mikk, I believe most of the fires are out now - sadly a lot of them deliberately lit.

It has been a terrible time for the families left with nothing but what they stood up in.

I think what saddened me the most was the horses trapped and burnt. And then there would be other farm animals lost, and the owners pets. I imagine a very frightening time.

Just the other week a couple of boys on an off road bike sent sparks in the tinder dry grass at the back of the airport where our Orana Wildlife Park is situated. It came so close they were ready to shoot the animals if they had to, but fortunately there was a last minute wind change and the fire was brought under control.

I believe Adelaide, our sister City lost their Zoo to fire, and this is what they staff were thinking, and would sooner shoot them than have them burnt like that.

I believe Satan is doing as much damage as he can, knowing his time is VERY short.

Re: Temperature comparisons #53886
02/21/03 09:18 AM
02/21/03 09:18 AM
mikk  Offline OP
NSW, Australia
It's raining! We all feel like shouting and dancing! And especially praising the Lord. I listened to the country hour on our government run radio today (the ABC) and there were so many people from right across the state phoning in to say how happy they were to get some rain. Most of these farmers have been barely hanging on for weeks past. Many have had to sell even their breeding stock which it has taken them years to build up - and in some cases generations! One from right out west said he hadn't had rain like this for 3 years! Its not enough yet to break the big drought - which we are told is the worst for 100 years - there will need to be good follow-up rain within the next few weeks. Rejoice with us!

Re: Temperature comparisons #53887
02/23/03 08:29 AM
02/23/03 08:29 AM
Zita  Offline
Mikk, I am certainly rejoicing with you over the rain, come at last. Yes, I have seen the terrible conditions on TV, the poor animals, it has been very cruel for them, and hard for the farmers to watch their farms turning to dust bowls.

Rain, oh lovely rain, keep falling!

Come back and fall some more,
so we can dance and rejoice!

We clap our hands for joy.

Re: Temperature comparisons #53888
05/27/05 08:30 AM
05/27/05 08:30 AM
Zita  Offline
Soon we will be halfway through the year.
June brings with it the start of winter.
So far, we have had one frost. After an unprecented hail storm that wrecked most gardens that took days to clean up, our weather has turned to an almost springlike experience that even the birds seem to have picked up on.

It makes the early morning hikes a delight, and lovely sunny days to spend in the garden.

Re: Temperature comparisons #53889
05/27/05 04:24 PM
05/27/05 04:24 PM
debbie  Offline
Dedicated Member
USA
In Oregon, USA our weather has been the typical rainy Spring weather until about 3 days ago when it turned warm! Summer seems to be here. It is expected tomorrow (Sabbath) to be up to 96 degrees! I love summers and the warm sunshine. I never complain about it. Of course we do have air conditioning in our cars and home but I still like to be outdoors in summer!

What is everyone else's weather like in your part of the world?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 07:26 PM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!