HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,617
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, Kevin H, Daryl, 2 invisible), 3,329 guests, and 23 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 24 1 2 22 23 24
Re: When do we experience moral perfection? #7901
03/16/02 05:51 PM
03/16/02 05:51 PM
J
Jean Miller  Offline
USA
Avalee, this is a great article of Ellen White's on sanctification. I believe that it is possible to overcome all sin and to willfully stop sinning under sanctification. I believe this is the perfection that Ellen White is speaking of here. However, we will have to constantly battle our sinful nature until this nature is removed from us. Hebrews 10:13 says that God will perfect those who are being sanctified. I believe this is a promise that all who are growing under sanctification will have their sinful natures removed and be totally perfected in their minds.

Zechariah chapter 3 is also speaking of perfection. In this chapter Jesus says, "Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee." Verse 4. I believe this is speaking of the removal of our sinful natures from us. Later in the chapter it says, "I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day." Verse 9. What day is this? On what day does God cleanse sin? The Day of Atonement, or Judgment Day. Because of this Judgment Day is a day to eagerly anticipate and look forward to, rather than to fear.

Look up the word Judgment in Psalms and see that David looked forward to Judgment with eager anticiipation. He obviously must have understood this truth that Judgment is to be welcomed, not feared.

Re: When do we experience moral perfection? #7902
03/19/02 04:26 AM
03/19/02 04:26 AM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Charlene, I find it hard to believe that Jesus stumbled and fell in and out of sin as He grew from childhood to manhood. I'm sure that's not what you meant. Since Jesus is our example, the example of a born again believer, then we must conclude that the growth we experience after we've been born again does not involve gradually out growing our moral perfections of character - based on the fact it wasn't that way for Jesus.

Jean, thank you for clarifying that point. I too believe that when Jesus blots out our record and memory of specific sins our mind will perfect in the sense it no longer contains the memory of specific sins.

Re: When do we experience moral perfection? #7903
04/13/02 05:13 AM
04/13/02 05:13 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
We are saved by grace through faith.

That means we are not saved by our perfect character or perfect moral.

By grace mean, God saved us in all our imperfect character but we have fruit of the Spirit, His love that seeks no self I our heart that opens the gate of heaven for us and allow us to live there.

In is love

James S.

Re: When do we experience moral perfection? #7904
04/14/02 04:50 PM
04/14/02 04:50 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Jesus cannot save anyone who willingly clings to a known defect of character.

Re: When do we experience moral perfection? #7905
04/16/02 01:28 PM
04/16/02 01:28 PM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Mike.

Jesus cannot save anyone who willingly clings to a known defect of character.

Unquote.

You are absolutely true! But my post is not saying about keeping a ‘willingly known defect character.”

I said as according to the Gospel of Christ, “you are flesh sold under SIN.” Your nature is self-love that is the SIN in you. Christ redeemed us from the wages of SIN, but it doesn’t change our nature unless we live by the Spirit, because “love” that seeks no self as fruit of the Spirit will be filled in our heart to change our nature of self-love. Now we could love our fellow man. But, since self-love is your nature that is the root of all selfish and flesh desires, the change of character is not an instant work. It is a life time work of the Spirit, and in that life time span, you may still do the deeds of the flesh (Romans 7:13-23; Galatians 5:17). This deeds happens not because you willingly cling to it desire (if so is the case, you are living by the flesh) but because it is your nature that you want and are going to defeat it by the power of the Spirit through faith, you are living after the Spirit and not after the flesh.

But this deeds, although it is a sin, but this sin “God will remember no more” as you are under His grace because of your faith in Christ and your life according to the Spirit. The law could not justify or condemn you since you are not under the law, you are not under the jurisdiction of the law. Read Romans 8:1-4, that there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ, not because the law can not touch them even though they are under the law (which s impossible; “they that sins under the law would be judge by the law” but because they live according to the Spirit and are not under the law (Galatians 5:18).

By clinging to a known defect character that is the same as living by the flesh and not by the Spirit.

In His love

James S.

Re: When do we experience moral perfection? #7906
04/17/02 03:45 AM
04/17/02 03:45 AM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Paul and Peter put it this way:

Romans
7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

1 Corinthians
9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring [it] into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

2 Peter
1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

When we crucify self (the old man) and are born again we begin partaking of the divine nature. But our sinful flesh nature continues to war against the Spirit and mind of our new man. Jesus does not change our nature, rather He empowers us to resist the unholy clamorings generated and communicated by it. We will not receive our new nature until Jesus changes us in the twinkling of an eye when He returns. 1 Cor 15.

John and Paul put it this way:

1 John
3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Galatians
5:16 [This] I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Re: When do we experience moral perfection? #7907
01/13/03 07:10 PM
01/13/03 07:10 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
As a result of a new topic that may be somewhat of a duplicate of this topic, I am bringing this topic back to the top of the list of topics.

Page 24 of 24 1 2 22 23 24

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 07:26 PM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!