HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,612
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 2,989 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Is MSDAOL A Super Conservative Forum? #79698
09/30/06 02:20 AM
09/30/06 02:20 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
It seems that MSDAOL has been labeled by at least one person as a super conservative forum.

I really do not like labels like liberal, conservative, or somewhere in between.

I prefer that MSDAOL be labeled as seeking to do the will of God in both word and deed/action. If that's being super conservative, then so be it.

Do you see MSDAOL as a Super Conservative Forum?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 09/29/06 11:19 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Is MSDAOL A Super Conservative Forum? #79699
09/30/06 02:21 AM
09/30/06 02:21 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
As you see, I created a POLL to find out how you all see MSDAOL.

Daryl smile

Re: Is MSDAOL A Super Conservative Forum? #79700
09/30/06 02:51 AM
09/30/06 02:51 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
That's an interesting observation. Conservative has to do complete with one's frame of reference. I would imagine some consider me to be quite liberal because I hold views which are out of the mainstream. However, I whole-heartedly believe in the Spirit of Prophecy, and often quote the pioneers to make my points, so I consider myself to be conservative.

There are those here who believe Christ was created. Some of these, most probably, also rely heavily on the pioneers to substantiate their view, so they most likely consider themselves to be conservative.

I think everyone here believes in the Bible. For the most part, people who post seem to believe in the Spirit of Prophecy, but there are a few who don't. Those who don't would probably consider themselves to be conservative because they believe in the Bible.

I'm guessing few would label themselves as liberal, although others would.

For example, on the humanity of Christ, I would consider those who hold to the pre-fall view to be liberal, but I don't any of those who hold this view see themselves this way.

It's an interesting question. It seems to me there is a pretty wide range of views presented here. There are views here I've never seen before. Rosangela's views on temptation, Mark's on election, Mike's on several things. I'm sure mine on some issues, as seen by others. Given the wide diversity of opinions expressed here, characterizing the forum as "super-conservative" seems to me to not be very accurate.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Is MSDAOL A Super Conservative Forum? #79701
09/30/06 11:12 AM
09/30/06 11:12 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Very interesting observations in your post.

It's also interesting to see the results of the POLL so far.

It would be interesting to also hear other's thoughts on this POLL Topic.

Daryl smile

Re: Is MSDAOL A Super Conservative Forum? #79702
09/30/06 02:11 PM
09/30/06 02:11 PM
Redfog  Offline
Michigan, USA
It's funny. On the now closed TRO (at least for now) I was accused, in a nice sort of way, of being liberal, and in my church I'm considered somewhat liberal. However among my academy friends who live in the Atlanta Georgia area I'm very conservative. Weather you consider someone or something (like MSDAOL) lib or con it's all from a perspective of what you consider yourself, as Tom pointed out.

I also find many times weather or not a person is considered liberal or conservative it's based on only one or two things: Sabbath observance and/or their view of Mrs. White.

I would never call this forum either super conservative or super liberal. I some respects it might be called somewhat conservative and somewhat liberal. However I agree with Daryl, it's really about a search for the will of the Creator. In other words the search for Truth.

Redfog

If at first you don't succeed.....destroy all evidence you ever tried.
Re: Is MSDAOL A Super Conservative Forum? #79703
09/30/06 05:14 PM
09/30/06 05:14 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
It seems to me that most people use the labels "liberal" and "conservative" to distinquish between those SDA members who hold to all 28 fundamental beliefs (con) and those who do not (lib). Perhaps it would be better if we used these definitions rather than labels. If so, then I believe MSDAOL strives to uphold the 28 fundamental SDA beliefs. Whereas it would appear that most forums are not as jealous to do the same. Such cites do not interest me in the least.

Re: Is MSDAOL A Super Conservative Forum? #79704
10/01/06 12:24 PM
10/01/06 12:24 PM
Johann  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Retired Pastor
3000+ Member
Iceland
It seems impossible to have a clear definition. I have a tendency to define a Super Conservative as a person who has discovered a certain section in the writings of Ellen White that fits in with his pre-conceived views, and he considers that person a liberal who discovers a more balanced view elsewhere in her writings.

This is based on my childhood upbringing. One of my parents was such a super conservative. The other one read all of the writings of Ellen White and taugsht me to be what I would define as a true conservative.

When my super conservative parent faced death, only repentance and a renewed relationship with the Lord was what assured salvation. Forgiveness was asked of people who had been dealt with in an Unchristian way, and this brought peace and joy and longing to see the face of Jesus at the resurrection. And he died in the middle of a prayer. This is one of the greatest experiences in my life.

Last edited by Johann; 10/01/06 12:31 PM.

"Here is a last piece of advice. If you believe in goodness and if you value the approval of God, fix your minds on the things which are holy and right and pure and beautiful and good. Model your conduct on what you have learned from me, on what I have told you and shown you, and you will find the God of peace will be with you."
Re: Is MSDAOL A Super Conservative Forum? #79705
10/01/06 04:10 PM
10/01/06 04:10 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
The results of the POLL are still very interesting and most revealing as to how MSDAOL appears to those of its own members who have voted so far.

Daryl smile

Re: Is MSDAOL A Super Conservative Forum? [Re: Daryl] #80018
10/17/06 04:37 PM
10/17/06 04:37 PM
Servant  Offline
USA
What are the results of the poll thus far? Unless at least 30 persons have participated, the results cannot be considered statistically significant. How many have voted?

Re: Is MSDAOL A Super Conservative Forum? [Re: Servant] #80020
10/17/06 05:41 PM
10/17/06 05:41 PM
Fran  Offline
Charter Member
Anywhere , USA
I voted Maybe because there was no choice for both.

I don't read religious issues on other forums. This forum has both views presented, but not the bickering that goes on at the other forums.

Conservative and Liberal are in the eyes of the reader. I appreciate the presentation of Scripture and Spirit of Prophecy and not hearing opinions of those that have their own made up version of Christianity.

On the other forums, I stay away from religion and politics. Other than that, the other forums are MEAN in my opinion. In fact, one is so mean, it turned me mean. There I now stick with Humor, prayer requests and only check out certain topics.

What is conservative?

What is Liberal?

What is Main Stream.

The greatest want of the world is the want of men; men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Daryl. 05/01/24 07:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!