HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,617
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl, 2 invisible), 3,325 guests, and 23 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 42 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 41 42
Re: The Concept of Sin, of Punishment, Etc. [Re: Tom] #91929
09/19/07 07:06 PM
09/19/07 07:06 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Guys, if all the memories of a sinful man were erased and he was taken to live in heaven (where all the input is good), would he still sin or not?

Re: The Concept of Sin, of Punishment, Etc. [Re: Rosangela] #91931
09/19/07 08:16 PM
09/19/07 08:16 PM
J
John Boskovic  Offline
Dedicated Member
Ontario
 Originally Posted By: Rosangela
Guys, if all the memories of a sinful man were erased and he was taken to live in heaven (where all the input is good), would he still sin or not?

Rosangela, your question has to do with the position of faith. If one puts his faith in his being/abilities/senses to make them the source of his thought and governance it will result in sin.

I quote my previous post:
 Quote:
There is nothing sinful about the flesh in itself. That which makes the flesh sinful is when we make the flesh source to our spirit. In other words, trust our flesh to be our source; then the desires and motions of the body bring forth sin, not because those are sin in themselves but because by making them our source, thoughts are produced unto sin. By doing this, things become upside down; that which was to be servant has become master.

Hence sin is when faith is put in the flesh to make it (the flesh) the source. Sin will likewise result when faith is put in anything other than God. So the flesh itself is not the problem; it is when flesh occupies the inordinate place in our mind that sin occurs.

Please also read carefully what I wrote before, it already answered your question. I quote my previous post:

Quote:
If you did not have eyes that could see, your mind could by no means generate the "lust of the eyes". So which comes first; which is the source? It is what the eye sees that the mind can think about. If the eyes are made as the trusted source that governs the thought, combined with our other inputs: (hearing, touch, taste, feeling) desires are awakened, which being further fed by the same sources bring forth sin. Thus, of course the thinking is done in the mind but the source which originally supplied the input were the senses.

But we all have senses, so what do we do with the input? That is what faith is about: we are called to distrust (remove our faith from) these sources and to trust (place our faith in) God; to live by his spirit. So that God would by his spirit through our spirit be the source of our mind.

In other words: we see with the physical eye, but that is not the source of the thought, but God is the source of the thoughts in regards to what is seen by the eye. The same goes for all other abilities. Now since it is the spirit that supplies and governs the thoughts, the resultant feedback to the body governs its response according to the spirit. Hence these abilities which were sources have now become servants to express and fulfill the mind of the spirit.

The difference is whether the spirit of the Lord is the source and governor of the thoughts in regards to the input perceived through the senses, or whether we have made the senses themselves the governor of the thoughts.

ie: as per your example: senses tell you you are badly sick and feel miserable, if the senses have been made the source governing thought, what you said (complaining, self pity, etc)will be course of the thoughts. But if on the other hand the spirit of the Lord is the source governing the thoughts then the thoughts will seek his purpose and glory.

Does that clarify?

Last edited by John Boskovic; 09/19/07 08:30 PM.
Re: The Concept of Sin, of Punishment, Etc. [Re: Tom] #91932
09/19/07 08:20 PM
09/19/07 08:20 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
 Quote:
1. Sin, as a concept, will never be eliminated. Sin is an eternal truth. Sins, as thoughts, words, and deeds, will be eliminated with sinners in the lake of fire.

Let's make this really simple. "Sin will be no more." That's correct, isn't it?

This quote is referring to the sins committed by sinners, not to sin. That makes it simple, right?

Quote:
2. The punishment and destruction of sins and sinners will occur when God rains down (1) fire upon sinners at the end of time. The glory of God is also a consuming (2) fire. It causes sinners and rubbish to catch on fire and burn up. Exactly what role these two different sources of fire will play in the punishment and destruction and elimination of sins and sinners in the lake of fire is not clear to me.

This punishment or destruction is very minor in the process of what causes sin to be no more. To think this is the primary reason sin will be no more is to not understand the fundamental issues involved.

Okay, but what causes sins and sinners to be no more? It is the glory of God? Or, is it the fire that He rains down upon sinners and the rubbish of the earth?

Quote:
3. We inherit the sinful traits and tendencies of our parents, and their parents, dating all the way back to Adam and Eve. These "internal foes" tempt us from within to express our innocent and legitimate needs in a sinful way.

I think this is quite well put, except I'm not sure if "internal foes" applies.

Internal foes is the origin of our internally generated temptations. Our fallen flesh is a foe. We inherit sinful flesh from our parents.

Quote:
It is fallen flesh that tempts us from within to sin. The avenues of the soul (five senses) is not the flesh. The mind is not the flesh. If we were born with none of the five senses, our fallen nature would still be able to tempt us from within.

This makes no sense to me. Tempt us how? Without senses, there is no information to process, and hence nothing to tempt us by or with.

The sinful clamorings, promptings, propensities of our fallen flesh is the source of our internally generated temptations. It is based on what we inherited, not on what we sense through our five senses. We can think, and process thoughts, without input from our five senses. Our fallen flesh generates and communicates to our conscious mind unholy thoughts and feelings. These unholy thoughts and feelings are the internal foes (temptations) we must recognize and resist. Such internally produced thoughts and feelings happen without input from our five senses, that is, they would come into mind with or without the existence of the five senses.

Quote:
Even if Satan were dead and gone, our sinful flesh would continue to tempt us.

This is true. This is also true of Christ (i.e., that He was not only tempted by Satan, but by His flesh as well).

Yes, Jesus was also tempted from within by His sinful flesh. And these internally generated temptations were not dependent upon input from or interaction with His five senses, which, of course, is academic because He possessed all of His senses.

1SM 122
If we would labor to repress sinful thoughts and feelings, giving them no expression in words or actions, Satan would be defeated; for he could not prepare his specious temptations to meet the case. {1SM 122.4}

MB 15
Human nature is ever struggling for expression, ready for contest; but he who learns of Christ is emptied of self, of pride, of love of supremacy, and there is silence in the soul. {MB 15.1}

Re: The Concept of Sin, of Punishment, Etc. [Re: Mountain Man] #91933
09/19/07 08:28 PM
09/19/07 08:28 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
JB: The difference is whether the spirit of the Lord is the source and governor of the thoughts in regards to the input perceived through the senses, or whether we have made the senses themselves the governor of the thoughts.

MM: What is the origin of our thoughts and feelings? In light of the two quotes I posted above (in my last post) it seems clear that our flesh, among other faculties, is capable of producing unholy thoughts and feelings, which, if we resist, do not constitute sinning.

Re: The Concept of Sin, of Punishment, Etc. [Re: Mountain Man] #91936
09/20/07 12:44 AM
09/20/07 12:44 AM
J
John Boskovic  Offline
Dedicated Member
Ontario
 Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
 Quote:
JB: The difference is whether the spirit of the Lord is the source and governor of the thoughts in regards to the input perceived through the senses, or whether we have made the senses themselves the governor of the thoughts.

MM: What is the origin of our thoughts and feelings? In light of the two quotes I posted above (in my last post) it seems clear that our flesh, among other faculties, is capable of producing unholy thoughts and feelings, which, if we resist, do not constitute sinning.

You cannot resist that which you trust or have put your faith in. The source must first be discredited by removing faith from it and rejecting it as source, and placing faith in God, making him the source.

To seek to repress while living by the flesh is failure.

Please consider carefully what I have said before:
 Quote:
There is nothing sinful about the flesh in itself. That which makes the flesh sinful is when we make the flesh source to our spirit. In other words, trust our flesh to be our source; then the desires and motions of the body bring forth sin, not because those are sin in themselves but because by making them our source, thoughts are produced unto sin. By doing this, things become upside down; that which was to be servant has become master.

Hence sin is when faith is put in the flesh to make it (the flesh) the source. Sin will likewise result when faith is put in anything other than God. So the flesh itself is not the problem; it is when flesh occupies the inordinate place in our mind that sin occurs.

Re: The Concept of Sin, of Punishment, Etc. [Re: John Boskovic] #91937
09/20/07 02:25 AM
09/20/07 02:25 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
1. Sin, as a concept, will never be eliminated. Sin is an eternal truth. Sins, as thoughts, words, and deeds, will be eliminated with sinners in the lake of fire.

Let's make this really simple. "Sin will be no more." That's correct, isn't it?

This quote is referring to the sins committed by sinners, not to sin. That makes it simple, right?

Huh? The quote is referring to "sin," which is why it says "sin." The point is that sin will cease to exist.

Really, MM, I don't know why you are having such difficulty with this. I think even a child could understand what it means to say that sin will cease to exist.

Suppose we said instead, "Lying will exist no more." Would you understand this? Or would you say, "This is wrong! Lying will exist forever, because the concept of lying is eternal. Lies will no longer exist." If someone said, "Murder will no longer exist" you would say, "Wrong! Murders will no long exist, but the concept of murder will exist forever, therefore murder is eternal."

Honesly, I don't know what the point of this wordsmithing is. That sin will "be no more" is clear and easy to understand. There is no need to improve on what Sister White wrote here, IMO.

Quote:
2. The punishment and destruction of sins and sinners will occur when God rains down (1) fire upon sinners at the end of time. The glory of God is also a consuming (2) fire. It causes sinners and rubbish to catch on fire and burn up. Exactly what role these two different sources of fire will play in the punishment and destruction and elimination of sins and sinners in the lake of fire is not clear to me.

This punishment or destruction is very minor in the process of what causes sin to be no more. To think this is the primary reason sin will be no more is to not understand the fundamental issues involved.

MM:Okay, but what causes sins and sinners to be no more? It is the glory of God? Or, is it the fire that He rains down upon sinners and the rubbish of the earth?

DA 764 explains this.

Quote:
This is not an act of arbitrary power on the part of God. The rejecters of His mercy reap that which they have sown. God is the fountain of life; and when one chooses the service of sin, he separates from God, and thus cuts himself off from life. He is "alienated from the life of God." Christ says, "All they that hate Me love death." Eph. 4:18; Prov. 8:36. God gives them existence for a time that they may develop their character and reveal their principles. This accomplished, they receive the results of their own choice. By a life of rebellion, Satan and all who unite with him place themselves so out of harmony with God that His very presence is to them a consuming fire. The glory of Him who is love will destroy them. {DA 764.1}

Quote:
3. We inherit the sinful traits and tendencies of our parents, and their parents, dating all the way back to Adam and Eve. These "internal foes" tempt us from within to express our innocent and legitimate needs in a sinful way.

I think this is quite well put, except I'm not sure if "internal foes" applies.

MM:Internal foes is the origin of our internally generated temptations. Our fallen flesh is a foe. We inherit sinful flesh from our parents.

I'm not sure this is accurate, at least in terms of how EGW uses the phrase "internal foes." I'm pretty sure this is incorrect (according to her usage), although I'm not positive. I think "internal foes," as she uses the phrase, refers to "foes" that we have developed through sinning (which one could combine with our fallen nature, which is to say, the union of our fallen nature and our having sinned is what constitutes our "internal foes"), but not exclusively to our fallen nature.

I don't have time to research this right now, and probably won't for some time, but you could take a look at this, and I think you will find that EGW never applies "internal foes" to Christ.

However, I agreed with the overall point you were making, and I thought you put it quite well (with this small reservation).

Quote:
It is fallen flesh that tempts us from within to sin. The avenues of the soul (five senses) is not the flesh. The mind is not the flesh. If we were born with none of the five senses, our fallen nature would still be able to tempt us from within.

This makes no sense to me. Tempt us how? Without senses, there is no information to process, and hence nothing to tempt us by or with.

MM:The sinful clamorings, promptings, propensities of our fallen flesh is the source of our internally generated temptations. It is based on what we inherited, not on what we sense through our five senses.

What we inherit, which promts us, is related to our senses. What would be an example of some temptation which does not involve our senses?

MM:We can think, and process thoughts, without input from our five senses. Our fallen flesh generates and communicates to our conscious mind unholy thoughts and feelings. These unholy thoughts and feelings are the internal foes (temptations) we must recognize and resist. Such internally produced thoughts and feelings happen without input from our five senses, that is, they would come into mind with or without the existence of the five senses.

Give some example of this please.

Quote:
Even if Satan were dead and gone, our sinful flesh would continue to tempt us.

This is true. This is also true of Christ (i.e., that He was not only tempted by Satan, but by His flesh as well).

MM:Yes, Jesus was also tempted from within by His sinful flesh. And these internally generated temptations were not dependent upon input from or interaction with His five senses, which, of course, is academic because He possessed all of His senses.

I agree with the first part here (of course, since I said it), but what would be an example of the second? (i.e., how was Christ tempted in some way which did not involve His senses).

1SM 122
If we would labor to repress sinful thoughts and feelings, giving them no expression in words or actions, Satan would be defeated; for he could not prepare his specious temptations to meet the case. {1SM 122.4}

MB 15
Human nature is ever struggling for expression, ready for contest; but he who learns of Christ is emptied of self, of pride, of love of supremacy, and there is silence in the soul. {MB 15.1}

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: The Concept of Sin, of Punishment, Etc. [Re: Tom] #91938
09/20/07 02:29 AM
09/20/07 02:29 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
 Quote:

He would still have the ability to imagine, which is interwoven with our senses, so you would have to remove his ability to imagine as well. If you take a man, and remove his ability to imagine, and remove his memories, you don't really have a man left, do you?

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: The Concept of Sin, of Punishment, Etc. [Re: Tom] #91939
09/20/07 04:07 AM
09/20/07 04:07 AM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
 Quote:
MM: Okay, but what causes sins and sinners to be no more? It is the glory of God? Or, is it the fire that He rains down upon sinners and the rubbish of the earth?

TE: DA 764 explains this.

"The glory of Him who is love will destroy them." Is it correct to conclude you believe it is the glory of God that destroys sinners in the lake of fire? Is this the "fire" that God rains down upon sinners at the end of time?

Quote:
MM: The sinful clamorings, promptings, propensities of our fallen flesh is the source of our internally generated temptations. It is based on what we inherited, not on what we sense through our five senses.

TE: What we inherit, which promts us, is related to our senses. What would be an example of some temptation which does not involve our senses?

An unholy thought or feeling. An unholy appetite or passion clamoring for sinful expression. Jesus was tempted from within in these ways. He "felt" and "realized the strength" of the internal "temptations" produced by His fallen human nature. All this can happen in a room devoid of anything that would involve our senses. It happens in the mind.

7A 450
He felt the overwhelming tide of woe that deluged the world. He realized the strength of indulged appetite and of unholy passion that controlled the world. (7A 450)

3SM 132
He assumed human nature, with its infirmities, its liabilities, its temptations. (3SM 132)

Re: The Concept of Sin, of Punishment, Etc. [Re: Mountain Man] #91940
09/20/07 07:23 AM
09/20/07 07:23 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
MM: Okay, but what causes sins and sinners to be no more? It is the glory of God? Or, is it the fire that He rains down upon sinners and the rubbish of the earth?

TE: DA 764 explains this.

"The glory of Him who is love will destroy them." Is it correct to conclude you believe it is the glory of God that destroys sinners in the lake of fire?

No, I don't think that's what she's saying here in DA 764. She quotes Malachi and other passages dealing with the lake of fire and the destruction of the wicked, and then wrote the paragraph I cited. It seems to me the logical understanding is that she is explaining the meaning of the Scriptures she just quoted.

Is this the "fire" that God rains down upon sinners at the end of time?

It's hard to answer that yes or no. I think Revelation is giving us a broad picture as to what will happen, and must be interpreted in the light of the rest of Scripture (which is true of Revelation in general). If you consider DA 108, for example, she says there that the glory of God, which gives life to the righteous, will slay the wicked. It's difficult to see this as describing literal fire, since literal fire does not give live to the righteous. If one sees God's glory as like fire, then everything fits into place. God describes His glory in terms of something that we humans can understand. It seems to me it would be pretty short-sided to conclude that because God describes His glory as fire that we would think it is literal fire. Fire is simply the closes thing we know to it that can be used to describe it.

Quote:
MM: The sinful clamorings, promptings, propensities of our fallen flesh is the source of our internally generated temptations. It is based on what we inherited, not on what we sense through our five senses.

TE: What we inherit, which promts us, is related to our senses. What would be an example of some temptation which does not involve our senses?

MM:An unholy thought or feeling.

Thought about what? "Feeling" suggests the use of our senses.

An unholy appetite or passion clamoring for sinful expression. Jesus was tempted from within in these ways. He "felt" and "realized the strength" of the internal "temptations" produced by His fallen human nature. All this can happen in a room devoid of anything that would involve our senses. It happens in the mind.

I still don't see any example here. I asked for an example of a temptation, and you say an "unholy thought or feeling." Like what? If you look at the temptations in the wilderness, they were to make a stone into bread, to jump off a high place, to worship Satan in order to gain a kingdom Satan showed him. These are all things which involve the senses.

7A 450
He felt the overwhelming tide of woe that deluged the world. He realized the strength of indulged appetite and of unholy passion that controlled the world. (7A 450)

3SM 132
He assumed human nature, with its infirmities, its liabilities, its temptations. (3SM 132)

Appetite as to do with our senses. All of our temptations do. These "lusts" or desires are desires for sensual things (that is, things we sense)

Re: The Concept of Sin, of Punishment, Etc. [Re: Tom] #91946
09/20/07 03:30 PM
09/20/07 03:30 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
 Quote:
"The glory of Him who is love will destroy them." (DA 764) Is it correct to conclude you believe it is the glory of God that destroys sinners in the lake of fire?

No, I don't think that's what she's saying here in DA 764. She quotes Malachi and other passages dealing with the lake of fire and the destruction of the wicked, and then wrote the paragraph I cited. It seems to me the logical understanding is that she is explaining the meaning of the Scriptures she just quoted.

Here is the context of DA 764:

Quote:
Then the end will come. God will vindicate His law and deliver His people. Satan and all who have joined him in rebellion will be cut off. Sin and sinners will perish, root and branch, (Mal. 4:1),--Satan the root, and his followers the branches. The word will be fulfilled to the prince of evil, "Because thou hast set thine heart as the heart of God; . . . I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. . . . Thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more." Then "the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be;" "they shall be as though they had not been." Ezek. 28:6-19; Ps. 37:10; Obadiah 16. {DA 763.4}

This is not an act of arbitrary power on the part of God. The rejecters of His mercy reap that which they have sown. God is the fountain of life; and when one chooses the service of sin, he separates from God, and thus cuts himself off from life. He is "alienated from the life of God." Christ says, "All they that hate Me love death." Eph. 4:18; Prov. 8:36. God gives them existence for a time that they may develop their character and reveal their principles. This accomplished, they receive the results of their own choice. By a life of rebellion, Satan and all who unite with him place themselves so out of harmony with God that His very presence is to them a consuming fire. The glory of Him who is love will destroy them. {DA 764.1}

It is difficult to conclude other than what she wrote: “By a life of rebellion, Satan and all who unite with him place themselves so out of harmony with God that His very presence is to them a consuming fire. The glory of Him who is love will destroy them.” She clearly states – “His very presence … will destroy them.” The glory of His presence is what causes them and the rubbish of earth to burn up and turn into ashes.

“The displeasure of His countenance seemed like consuming fire. With authority He commanded, "Take these things hence." (DA 590) “The glory of His countenance, which to the righteous is life, will be to the wicked a consuming fire. Because of love rejected, grace despised, the sinner will be destroyed.” (DA 600)

It is hard to read the following passages and conclude that the consuming fire of the glory of God is a whole lot different than fire as know it. Yes, there is a difference, but the results are the same, namely, people and things burn up, they turn into ashes - just like fire as know it.

Quote:
A life of rebellion against God has unfitted them for heaven. Its purity, holiness, and peace would be torture to them; the glory of God would be a consuming fire. They would long to flee from that holy place. {GC 542.2}

It is no arbitrary decree on the part of God that excludes the wicked from heaven; they are shut out by their own unfitness for its companionship. The glory of God would be to them a consuming fire. They would welcome destruction, that they might be hidden from the face of Him who died to redeem them. {SC 17.2}

Then are fulfilled the words of the prophet: "The indignation of the Lord is upon all nations, and His fury upon all their armies: He hath utterly destroyed them, He hath delivered them to the slaughter." Isa. 34:2. "Upon the wicked He shall rain quick burning coals, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup." Ps. 11:6, margin. Fire comes down from God out of heaven. The earth is broken up. The weapons concealed in its depths are drawn forth. Devouring flames burst from every yawning chasm. The very rocks are on fire. The day has come that "shall burn as an oven." Mal. 4:1. The elements melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein are burned up. (2 Peter 3:10.) The fire of Tophet is prepared for the king, the chief of rebellion; the pile thereof is deep and large, and "the breath of the Lord, like a stream of brimstone, doth kindle it." Isa. 30:33. The earth's surface seems one molten mass--a vast, seething lake of fire. It is the time of the judgment and perdition of ungodly men --"the day of the Lord's vengeance, and the year of recompences for the controversy of Zion." Isa. 34: 8. {SR 428.1}

The wicked receive their recompense in the earth. They "shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the Lord of hosts." Mal 4:1. Some are destroyed as in a moment, while others suffer many days. All are punished according to their deeds. The sins of the righteous have been transferred to Satan, the originator of evil, who must bear their penalty. Thus he is made to suffer, not only for his own rebellion, but for all the sins which he has caused God's people to commit. His punishment is to be far greater than that of those whom he has deceived. After all have perished who fell by his deceptions, he is still to live and suffer on. In the cleansing flames the wicked are at last destroyed, root and branch--Satan the root, his followers the branches. The justice of God is satisfied, and the saints and all the angelic host say with a loud voice, Amen. {SR 429.1}

While the earth is wrapped in the fire of God's vengeance, the righteous abide safely in the Holy City. Upon those that had part in the first resurrection, the second death has no power. (Rev. 20:6.) While God is to the wicked a consuming fire, He is to His people both a sun and a shield. (Ps. 84:11.) {SR 429.2}

Page 6 of 42 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 41 42

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 07:26 PM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!