HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,598
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (ProdigalOne, dedication, Kevin H, Karen Y, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,200 guests, and 19 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 18 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 17 18
Re: Is the story of the world wide flood a parabel or reality? [Re: vastergotland] #95468
02/08/08 11:22 PM
02/08/08 11:22 PM
I
Inga  Offline
British Columbia, Canada
Hi Thomas (much easier to spell!) \:\)

Originally Posted By: västergötland
You could call me Thomas.

Baby crocodiles live their first years on insects. Maybe that would be true for dinosaurs aswell?

There's no good way to tell right now, is there?

As for the Ellen White quote mentioned by Rosangela, we can't really know what she meant either, can we? After all, she didn't say that no dinosaurs were on the ark.

That dinosaurs apparently survived the flood is hardly at question for anyone who believes in a world-wide flood as well as the evidence of fossilized tracks and whole dinosaur skeletons. (There's also evidence that great numbers of them perished through a catastrophic flood, which I believe to the theflood.)

Inga

Re: Is the story of the world wide flood a parabel or reality? [Re: Inga] #95478
02/09/08 04:23 AM
02/09/08 04:23 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Thomas, who "created" Dolly (the cloned sheep)?

Inga, the species of animals that did not enter the ark died, became extinct. God guided the animal families into the ark. Has extinction of these families occurred since the flood? I realize certain species have become extinct, but what about families?

Re: Is the story of the world wide flood a parabel or reality? [Re: Mountain Man] #95479
02/09/08 04:30 AM
02/09/08 04:30 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Pardon my butting in here, but it seems to me you would have to define what you mean by "family" in order for your question to be answered.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Is the story of the world wide flood a parabel or reality? [Re: Tom] #95480
02/09/08 04:34 AM
02/09/08 04:34 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
 Quote:
That dinosaurs apparently survived the flood is hardly at question for anyone who believes in a world-wide flood as well as the evidence of fossilized tracks and whole dinosaur skeletons.

If the dinosaurs were alive, and killed by the flood, and their fossils preserved, that would be evidence they were alive at the time of the flood, it seems to me. How are the fossilized tracks and whole dinosaur skeletons evidence that they survived the flood?

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Is the story of the world wide flood a parabel or reality? [Re: Mountain Man] #95483
02/09/08 08:08 AM
02/09/08 08:08 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
 Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Thomas, who "created" Dolly (the cloned sheep)?
Dolly was a sheep. Sheep were created by God. At most you could argue that man copied that which God created. The day man creates some animal that is no longer within any of the known families, you will have a point. But Dolly is not it.
 Quote:

Inga, the species of animals that did not enter the ark died, became extinct. God guided the animal families into the ark. Has extinction of these families occurred since the flood? I realize certain species have become extinct, but what about families?

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: Is the story of the world wide flood a parabel or reality? [Re: Tom] #95484
02/09/08 08:14 AM
02/09/08 08:14 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
 Originally Posted By: Tom Ewall
 Quote:
That dinosaurs apparently survived the flood is hardly at question for anyone who believes in a world-wide flood as well as the evidence of fossilized tracks and whole dinosaur skeletons.

If the dinosaurs were alive, and killed by the flood, and their fossils preserved, that would be evidence they were alive at the time of the flood, it seems to me. How are the fossilized tracks and whole dinosaur skeletons evidence that they survived the flood?
I guess it is always a possibility that God did not take two of every living creature aboard the ark. That not every kind of animal was represented. But then this following quote cannot at the same time be true.

19 You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with you. 20 Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive. 21 You are to take every kind of food that is to be eaten and store it away as food for you and for them."
22 Noah did everything just as God commanded him.

So which is it? Is this text true or is it only approximately true or is it parable/fable?

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: Is the story of the world wide flood a parabel or reality? [Re: vastergotland] #95486
02/09/08 04:10 PM
02/09/08 04:10 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Thomas, I believe, based on the fossil record and the SOP quotes Rosangela posted, that the antediluvians figured out a way to create new kinds of animals, the "confused species", through a process of amalgamation. Perhaps they tweaked the DNA gene pool? I dunno. They died in the Flood for the simple fact God did not guide them onto the Ark. He only led the original species into the Ark.

Tom, by "families" I mean the original kinds of animals God created, as opposed to the many different species that have evolved from them. For example, God originally created one pair of canines. He guided one pair of this original creation onto the Ark. Since the Flood, many different species have evolved from the original creation.

So, my question is - Has any extinction of the original species occurred since the Flood? We know the dinosaurs, the "confused species", did not survive the Flood, which means they were not part of the animals God created in the beginning, otherwise He would have guided them onto the Ark (the way the Bible describes it).

Also, given the size of the Ark and the length of time they were in it, it seems reasonable to say God did not create very many different species, otherwise there would not have been enough room for them and the food to feed them for a year. Another point, Adam named all the animals in less than a day, which means there weren't very many different species.

Re: Is the story of the world wide flood a parabel or reality? [Re: Mountain Man] #95496
02/10/08 01:45 AM
02/10/08 01:45 AM
Darius  Offline
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
After reading MM's posts about confused species I have to wonder who is confused. It is amazing the ridiculous explanations we have to concoct to defend what cannot be defended.

Darius A. Lecointe, J.D., Ph.D.
No weapon formed against me shall prosper.
Re: Is the story of the world wide flood a parabel or reality? [Re: Darius] #95500
02/10/08 03:52 AM
02/10/08 03:52 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
 Quote:
For example, God originally created one pair of canines. He guided one pair of this original creation onto the Ark. Since the Flood, many different species have evolved from the original creation.

So, my question is - Has any extinction of the original species occurred since the Flood? We know the dinosaurs, the "confused species", did not survive the Flood, which means they were not part of the animals God created in the beginning, otherwise He would have guided them onto the Ark (the way the Bible describes it).

MM, if by canines, you mean dogs, that's just one species, Canis lupus familiaris. Wolfs are also canines, so if only one pair of canines was taken on the ark, that would be a pair of wolves. Is that what you are saying?

If family means kinds from Genesis, then what you're really asking is if any original kind has gone extinct. It also seems you are using the word "species" in the same way. For example:

Quote:
Also, given the size of the Ark and the length of time they were in it, it seems reasonable to say God did not create very many different species, otherwise there would not have been enough room for them and the food to feed them for a year. Another point, Adam named all the animals in less than a day, which means there weren't very many different species.

You're really talking about kinds here too, right?

Re: Is the story of the world wide flood a parabel or reality? [Re: Tom] #95501
02/10/08 04:30 AM
02/10/08 04:30 AM
I
Inga  Offline
British Columbia, Canada
 Originally Posted By: Tom Ewall
 Quote:

It seems you're trying to make me say something I didn't say. I did notsay that "fossilized track and whole dinosaur skeletons are evidence that they survived the flood."

I said that for those of us who believe in both the flood and the evidence of science, it is apparent that dinosaurs survived the flood. It would depend on where these were found. But that statement is probably a little stronger than I should have made it.

I think it is likely that dinosaurs survived the flood, due to nesting sites apparently being formed on top of flood deposits. And some dinosaur tracks are in places where they could have been made after the flood. However, the evidence is not conclusive. Perhaps we'll never know until the hereafter.

Those who believe that dinosaurs may have survived the flood see that conditions after the flood became increasingly less favorable to their survival so that they eventually became extinct, the same as many other life forms.

Page 12 of 18 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 17 18

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/28/24 02:30 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!