HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,597
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, 1 invisible), 3,182 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15
Re: PERFECTION OF CHARACTER -What is it exactly? [Re: Elle] #110812
03/30/09 11:51 AM
03/30/09 11:51 AM
C
Claudia Thompson  Offline OP
England
22. Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
23. Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not;

WOW THATS INTERESTING! that when its talking about Jesus being sinless it says He had no guild in His mouth! Just like the 144,000.

and look at the next verse, remember when I said about Jesus saying "Be ye perfect as your Heavenly Father is perfect, love those who dont love you back?

Thats really what its saying isnt it?

23. Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not;

...or am I stretching things? smile

See look,

Matthew 5:
44: But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45: That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46: For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47: And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
48: Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Last edited by Claudia Thompson; 03/30/09 11:53 AM.

Jn:15:15: Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
Re: PERFECTION OF CHARACTER -What is it exactly? [Re: Claudia Thompson] #110814
03/30/09 11:57 AM
03/30/09 11:57 AM
C
England
Hey look at this!

Hebrews 12

2: Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
3: For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.
4: Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

I dont know if you are seeing what Im seeing in this... see the unselfishness thing again? Like you arent getting anything out of it... you love but they arent loving you back or even killing you.

Something else comes to mind, Job. Satan goes to God and says oh you consider Job PERFECT? well lets see what Job does if I take everything away from him and if he thinks it is you doing it to him.

So at the end, Job says "Though he slay me yet will I trust in Him and I will (still) maintain my ways before Him" I take that to mean he would still walk in God's Law even if he werent getting anything in return.

Doesnt Sister White somewhere equate Job with God's people in the end times?

I ask these things because sometimes I really find it difficult to know what God's will is in certain circumstances and if being sinless means Ive got to know THAT ...then I feel Im in trouble! But if its more like a heart thing, thats easier for me to take.

Last edited by Claudia Thompson; 03/30/09 12:17 PM.

Jn:15:15: Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
Re: PERFECTION OF CHARACTER -What is it exactly? [Re: Claudia Thompson] #110820
03/30/09 02:21 PM
03/30/09 02:21 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Claudia here's some more interested Bible verses in OT using "beguiled or guiled".
Originally Posted By: Bible verses with Beguiled
And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that you have done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat. (Genesis 3:13, EKJV)

And it came to pass, that in the morning, behold, it was Leah: and he said to Laban, What is this you have done unto me? did not I serve with you for Rachel? wherefore then have you beguiled me? (Genesis 29:25, EKJV)

But if a man come presumptuously upon his neighbor, to slay him with guile; you shall take him from mine altar, that he may die. (Exodus 21:14, EKJV)

For they vex you with their wiles, wherewith they have beguiled you in the matter of Peor, and in the matter of Cozbi, the daughter of a prince of Midian, their sister, which was slain in the day of the plague for Peor's sake. (Numbers 25:18, EKJV)

And Joshua called for them, and he spoke unto them, saying, Wherefore have you beguiled us, saying, We are very far from you; when you dwell among us? (Joshua 9:22, EKJV)

Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputes not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile. (Psalms 32:2, EKJV)

Keep your tongue from evil, and your lips from speaking guile. (Psalms 34:13, EKJV)

Wickedness is in the midst thereof: deceit and guile depart not from her streets. (Psalms 55:11, EKJV)

I had to look revile up since my vocabulary is not that elaborated.

Revile: to use abusive or contemptuous language in speaking to or about; call bad names
Originally Posted By: Claudia
and look at the next verse, remember when I said about Jesus saying "Be ye perfect as your Heavenly Father is perfect, love those who dont love you back?

Thats really what its saying isnt it?

...or am I stretching things?

I don't think you're stretching it at all. I think when you are mistreated, that's when you're true colors comes forth. I think this is quite powerfull meaning to having Christ Perfect character.

WOW! In such circumstances as the worst persecution time in this world history, at the end of time, that's when Christ character will beam right out of us and make a sharp contrast with the evil character.

I believe it will be His character(His mind) that is put in us, via the mystery of God referred in Rev 10:7 and defined in Col 1:27. And that's how we will glorify Christ, and the world will know that God loves them.

Once the whole world will know the Truth about the Father, that he so loved the world, that he gave His only begotton son. This truth will be known through us, as we are put in prison, as we are accused, as we are killed. Then Christ will be able to come.

Blessings
Re: PERFECTION OF CHARACTER -What is it exactly? [Re: Elle] #110825
03/30/09 02:49 PM
03/30/09 02:49 PM
C
England
OH YEAH!! Right, Elle, when we are abused and persecuted, THEN everyone will see a final demonstration of the Great Controversy between God and Satan, so to speak and WE will show what God can do in full redemption of man, I guess you would call it... the contrast between us and Satan's people... kind of like a repeat miniature of Jesus on the Cross and the wicked people who were cruficying Him and reviling Him?

This makes me think of something else, I was just reading about "It is FINISHED" and how in Desire of Ages, Ellen White said thats not only talking about the death of Christ on the Cross but the whole Great Controversy was in a sense finished because everyone could at that time see God's character of love verses Satan's selfish wicked hateful character.

does this have anything to do with that? since it says "finished"?
I dont really know anything about the plagues and angels and all of that, but remember how it calls it the MYSTERY OF GODLINESS?

I was thinking of something either Jones or Waggoner said ..how when at the end God tests us and we say something like "I would rather have Jesus than that (sin) it is finished and God's Seal will be placed upon us? Not sure if it actually says finished.

But isnt that the Mystery of godliness? I know Im probably going all over the place but my mind tends to connect Bible verses, etc together. See how it says the mystery of God is finished? In Rv. 10:7 is that talking about us?

Jn:19:30: When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Jn:17:4: I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

Rv:10:7: But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Re: PERFECTION OF CHARACTER -What is it exactly? [Re: Claudia Thompson] #110843
03/30/09 06:03 PM
03/30/09 06:03 PM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
thank you for the bible study, ladies! it was highly appreciated!

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Re: PERFECTION OF CHARACTER -What is it exactly? [Re: teresaq] #110870
03/30/09 09:03 PM
03/30/09 09:03 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: teresaq
As Satan accuses the people of God on account of their sins, the Lord permits him to try them to the uttermost. Their confidence in God, their faith and firmness, will be severely tested. As they review the past, their hopes sink; for in their whole lives they can see little good. They are fully conscious of their weakness and unworthiness. Satan endeavors to terrify them with the thought that their cases are hopeless, that the stain of their defilement will never be washed away. He hopes so to destroy their faith that they will yield to his temptations and turn from their allegiance to God. {GC 618.3}

according to this the righteous do not judge themselves as righteous.

Do you think Sister White's description above is indicative of daily life? Or, do you think she's describing a unique, once-in-a-lifetime scenario? IOW, do sincere Christians spend most of their time feeling weak and unworthy and focused on the fact they've accomplished very little good? If so, it hardly seems like a desirable path. Also, where do the following insights fit in?

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

"These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God."

Re: PERFECTION OF CHARACTER -What is it exactly? [Re: Mountain Man] #110876
03/30/09 09:24 PM
03/30/09 09:24 PM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
As Satan accuses the people of God on account of their sins, the Lord permits him to try them to the uttermost. Their confidence in God, their faith and firmness, will be severely tested. As they review the past, their hopes sink; for in their whole lives they can see little good. They are fully conscious of their weakness and unworthiness. Satan endeavors to terrify them with the thought that their cases are hopeless, that the stain of their defilement will never be washed away. He hopes so to destroy their faith that they will yield to his temptations and turn from their allegiance to God. {GC 618.3}

Do you think Sister White's description above is indicative of daily life? Or, do you think she's describing a unique, once-in-a-lifetime scenario? IOW, do sincere Christians spend most of their time feeling weak and unworthy and focused on the fact they've accomplished very little good? If so, it hardly seems like a desirable path. Also, where do the following insights fit in?

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

"These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God."

when i read the messenger of the Lords personal struggles i get the definite impression that she felt "weak and unworthy and focused on the fact they've accomplished very little good", most of her life. but i dont mean that to imply that she lived in a negative state her whole life.

the way you have stated it i get the picture that we can think we are doing quite well and that would be all right. correct me if im wrong. if that is your picture, is that a safe picture? can i feel i am living up, or measuring up, to all that i should be?

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Re: PERFECTION OF CHARACTER -What is it exactly? [Re: teresaq] #110892
03/30/09 11:29 PM
03/30/09 11:29 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
What makes Christians feel unworthy is seeing Jesus Christ.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: PERFECTION OF CHARACTER -What is it exactly? [Re: Mountain Man] #110898
03/30/09 11:49 PM
03/30/09 11:49 PM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA

Do you think Sister White's description above is indicative of daily life? Or, do you think she's describing a unique, once-in-a-lifetime scenario? IOW, do sincere Christians spend most of their time feeling weak and unworthy and focused on the fact they've accomplished very little good? If so, it hardly seems like a desirable path.

An ignominious death is not really desirable either. But God's will sometimes leads us down undesirable paths.

Quote:
The closer you come to Jesus, the more faulty you will appear in your own eyes; for your vision will be clearer, and your imperfections will be seen in broad and distinct contrast to His perfect nature. This is evidence that Satan's delusions have lost their power; that the vivifying influence of the Spirit of God is arousing you. {SC 64.2}

No deep-seated love for Jesus can dwell in the heart that does not realize its own sinfulness. The soul that is transformed by the grace of Christ will admire His divine character; but if we do not see our own moral deformity, it is unmistakable evidence that we have not had a view of the beauty and excellence of Christ. {SC 65.1}

Read that passage and see the conditions under which we see the "broad and distinct contrast to His perfect nature" and "our own moral deformity." It doesn't just happen during some apocalyptic time; it happens whenever there is a "deep-seated love for Jesus" and when the "vivifying influence of the Spirit of God" arouses us.

Also, where do the following insights fit in?

We claim these promises, not because we see it, not because we feel it, but because we need it and God has promised it.

Quote:
Our great need is itself an argument and pleads most eloquently in our behalf. But the Lord is to be sought unto to do these things for us. He says, "Ask, and it shall be given you." And "He that spared not His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?" Matthew 7:7; Romans 8:32. {SC 95.2}

You have confessed your sins, and in heart put them away. You have resolved to give yourself to God. Now go to Him, and ask that He will wash away your sins and give you a new heart. Then believe that He does this because He has promised. This is the lesson which Jesus taught while He was on earth, that the gift which God promises us, we must believe we do receive, and it is ours. {SC 49.3}

Do not wait to feel that you are made whole, but say, "I believe it; it is so, not because I feel it, but because God has promised." {SC 51.2}

The Christian is not dependent on what he sees or what he feels. His dependence is on God's word. If God said, we believe it, and that's good enough for us.

We walk in the light we have, doing the best we can, and let God take care of the results.

So why go through this "undesirable" phase?

Quote:
The less we see to esteem in ourselves, the more we shall see to esteem in the infinite purity and loveliness of our Saviour. A view of our sinfulness drives us to Him who can pardon; and when the soul, realizing its helplessness, reaches out after Christ, He will reveal Himself in power. The more our sense of need drives us to Him and to the word of God, the more exalted views we shall have of His character, and the more fully we shall reflect His image. {SC 65.2}

If we see the results of NOT esteeming ourselves to highly, and the dangers we avoid, perhaps we would find the experience more desirable.

We really do need to review SC.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: PERFECTION OF CHARACTER -What is it exactly? [Re: asygo] #110947
03/31/09 04:05 AM
03/31/09 04:05 AM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
this is looking like a really good thread!! i hope it doesnt die out.

Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!