HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,629
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, 2 invisible), 2,939 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
Re: Bible Study Method's - Methods used by Jeff Pippenger [Re: vastergotland] #125792
06/07/10 10:05 PM
06/07/10 10:05 PM
L
lco  Offline
Posting New Member
California, USA
Let us be clear. A denominated people are a people that have been given a name.

The Lord has let us know the Seventh Day Adventist Church, is His denominated people, distinct separate. Our prophet is very clear on this. She repeats this in the inspired Word over and over again.

I do understand that there is a group within adventism that does not believe in this fundamental belief, and that is unfortunate. Especially considering that the group is getting bigger.

One of the test given to God's people is always the test of believing in the chosen one. This can be seen in the history of ancient Israel. If ancient Israel rejected the counsel of the prophet, they were lost. This is always the first test. All you have to do is read the story of Noah or Moses, Nehemiah, John the Baptist etc.

Some would like to treat doctrines and the Bible as a buffet. The Bible is not a buffet nor are the doctrines of the church.

By the way, access to Sister Whites writing are free online.

Re: Bible Study Method's - Methods used by Jeff Pippenger [Re: lco] #125800
06/08/10 07:33 AM
06/08/10 07:33 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
I understand from your text that Ellens words are scripture to you.

Originally Posted By: lco
One of the test given to God's people is always the test of believing in the chosen one.

Matthew 12:18
"Here is my servant whom I have chosen, the one I love, in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will proclaim justice to the nations.

1 Peter 2:6
For in Scripture it says: "See, I lay a stone in Zion, a chosen and precious cornerstone, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame."

The one who trusts in the chosen one will never be put to shame. Now, who is this chosen one?

As for prophets..

Hebrews 1:
1God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son
, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

3Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

4Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

But then in even later times this must have been reversed so that God is again speaking by the prophets. For the prophets to be superseded by the Son of God, Himself God, is an honour. But if the Son of God is superseded by a prophet, whom among them is then receiving glory?

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: Bible Study Method's - Methods used by Jeff Pippenger [Re: lco] #125861
06/12/10 11:21 PM
06/12/10 11:21 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
The prophecy of Daniel 9 predicts the greatest of all revivals - one in which atonement is complete, sin is ended and everlasting righteousness established. There were two 3.5 periods in the last 7 years of the 70 weeks. According to the prophecy it was in this last week that the covenant between God and His people was to be established. The first 3.5 years of the last week of years was Christ's ministry and the second was the gospel going to the Jews - 31 to 34 AD.

If we try to line up these two periods of the greatest of all reformations where would we place them in Elijah's day and in Millerite history, and especially where would we place them in the future Loud Cry?

Elijah’s 3.5 years of drought ended in revival at Mt. Carmel. This event is paralleled in Revelation 11 where the two witnesses have power for the same period to stop the rain and call down fire and smite the earth with plagues as Moses and Elijah did.

Quote:
11:3 And I will give [power] unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred [and] threescore days, clothed in sackcloth. . . .
11:6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

Unlike some Adventist expositors, Ellen White applies Revelation 11, ‘every verse’ of it, to the future and ties it into Rev 18, the Loud Cry.

Quote:
Let all who would understand the meaning of these things (the 1906 San Francisco Earthquake) read the eleventh chapter of Revelation. Read every verse, and learn the things that are yet to take place in the cities. Read also the scenes portrayed in the eighteenth chapter of the same book.--MR 1518 (May 10, 1906). {LDE 95.4}

At the first Advent of Christ revival and a special endowment of the Holy Spirit on the church came in the middle of the seventh week at the feast of Pentecost. Similarly, in Elijah’s day, fire from heaven fell at the end of the 3.5 years of drought and revival came. In the case of the Millerites there was a power that attended the message after August 11, 1840, but the third angel’s message was not empowered or given until after October 22, 1844. In the same way that the first two angel’s sounded in the 1840’s but all three were not empowered until spiritual gifts were revived in the church after 1844 - an event/endowment that not many appreciate the significance of - similarly, in the future, there will be a dual phased revival, the latter part of it paralleling the apostolic power of the two witnesses, which as we’ve seen above, Ellen White places primarily in the future.

But regarding this dual-phased revival, here is the parallel Ellen White makes to Christ’s ministry, His dual cleansing of the temple and the three angel’s messages:
Quote:

When Jesus began His public ministry, He cleansed the Temple from its sacrilegious profanation. Among the last acts of His ministry was the second cleansing of the Temple. So in the last work for the warning of the world, two distinct calls are made to the churches. The second angel's message is, "Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication" (Rev. 14:8). And in the loud cry of the third angel's message a voice is heard from heaven saying, "Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities" (Rev. 18:4, 5).--The Review and Herald, Dec. 6, 1892.

In other words, in the future we can look for an initial empowerment of the gospel message followed by a second period of empowerment mingled with judgment.

Re: Bible Study Method's - Methods used by Jeff Pippenger [Re: Charity] #125862
06/12/10 11:44 PM
06/12/10 11:44 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
I personally believe we're well into the first phase of the empowerment.

Re: Bible Study Method's - Methods used by Jeff Pippenger [Re: Charity] #126013
06/23/10 06:57 AM
06/23/10 06:57 AM
L
lco  Offline
Posting New Member
California, USA
We most definitely are into the phase of empowerment but we must remember clearly, the latter rain is first poured out with measure, meaning to some. And only those who recognize it will be able to receive it. SOP quote:

Only those who are living up to the light they have will receive greater light. Unless we are daily advancing in the exemplification of the active Christian virtues, we shall not recognize the manifestations of the Holy Spirit in the latter rain. It may be falling on hearts all around us, but we shall not discern or receive it. {TM 507.1}

In John 20:22 Jesus breathed on His disciples before pentecost, and this act of breathing on His disciples was the outpouring of the Holy Spirit with measure before it was poured out without measure during the time period of pentecost.

As I have stated before, it is critical that we understand when this begins. This moment when the empowerment begins has been prefigured or shown in past histories.

Remember "God's dealing with me are ever the same" so in the examples of the end of the world in the bible, the empowerment begins when a heavenly being descends from heaven to empower the message.

In Acts, it states that when the Holy Spirit descended in the form of a dove from heaven, that act empowered Jesus ministry, then Jesus went to be tested first and He came back to test the Jews with the message.

The Millerites were also empowered on August 11, 1840 when the angel of Rev. 10:1 descended. See GC Millerites.

So with us now, and SOP clearly tells us that when the great buildings of New York come down, Rev. 18:1-3 are fulfilled, so the angel of Rev. 18:1 has come down and our testing time has begun. The message has been empowered.

If we get this wrong, if we reject this fact, we will fall into the same trap that befell the Jews in the time of Christ, and the protestant churches in the time of the Millerites.

We must understand that the time of our visitation has arrived.

I just got back from a camp meeting which was a real blessing. The Lord is giving us more light as we proceed.

Re: Bible Study Method's - Methods used by Jeff Pippenger [Re: lco] #126194
07/03/10 09:19 PM
07/03/10 09:19 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA

Quote:
Only those who are living up to the light they have will receive greater light. Unless we are daily advancing in the exemplification of the active Christian virtues, we shall not recognize the manifestations of the Holy Spirit in the latter rain. It may be falling on hearts all around us, but we shall not discern or receive it. {TM 507.1}

The above quote is one of the reasons I do not view 9/11 as a test of faith. In order to receive the latter rain, we have to become practical Christians, growing in the active Christian virtues. Why is a particular prophetic interpretation unlikely to be a test of faith? Because what matters in God's eyes is our characters. In order to be prepared for the return of Christ we have to be like Him. Our understanding of what happened on 9/11 isn’t a matter of character.

There was a time when a prophetic interpretation was a test - the first, second and third angel's messages were indeed tests. They are tests now and they will be tests again in the future. The difference between these and 9/11 is that all three angel’s messages embrace the entire gospel, and it’s a correct understanding of the gospel and it's power to deliver us completely from the bonds of sin, not a private interpretation of prophecy, that makes these messages present truth. Therefore these message have tested and will test the church and the world “in the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.” Romans 2:16.

Re: Bible Study Method's - Methods used by Jeff Pippenger [Re: Charity] #126579
07/24/10 05:15 PM
07/24/10 05:15 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
I have another question. This is regarding Brother Jeff's emphasis on the 2520. I think it's good to study what Miller taught in that regard. But why so much emphasis on it and little attention on what he taught about 666 being the number of days or years of pagan Roman, starting at the Jewish-Roman treaty of 157 BC and ending in 508. Shouldn't that time prophecy receive as much attention as the 2520.

Re: Bible Study Method's - Methods used by Jeff Pippenger [Re: Tom] #126673
08/10/10 10:22 AM
08/10/10 10:22 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: Tom
I notice he is looking to apply prophecies to 9/11. I think this is a big mistake.

From my study of Daniel 7, I can prove that 9/11/01 is of prophetic significance. It is a lengthy study, but it is there.

"The prophecies of Daniel and of John are to be understood. They interpret each other. They give to the world truths which every one should understand. These prophecies are to be witnesses in the world. By their fulfillment in these last days they will explain themselves" (7 BC 949.6).

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Bible Study Method's - Methods used by Jeff Pippenger [Re: Tom] #126674
08/10/10 10:35 AM
08/10/10 10:35 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: Tom
His application of multiple fulfillments is interesting.

Multiple fulfillments?

"There in His open hand lay the book, the roll of the history of God's providences, the prophetic history of nations and the church. Herein was contained the divine utterances, His authority, His commandments, His laws, the whole symbolic counsel of the Eternal, and the history of all ruling powers in the nations. In symbolic language was contained in that roll the influence of every nation, tongue, and people from the beginning of earth's history to its close. {20MR 197.2}
This roll was written within and without. John says: "I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon." The vision as presented to John made its impression upon his mind. The destiny of every nation was contained in that book. John was distressed at the utter inability of any human being or angelic intelligence to read the words, or even to look thereon. His soul was wrought up to such a point of agony and suspense that one of the strong angels had compassion on him, and laying his hand on him assuringly said, "Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof."

I notices phrases like "the history of all ruling powers in the nations. In symbolic language was contained in that roll the influence of every nation..." With the roll being opened some of those things revealed must apply to more than one nation.

Have you ever compared the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse to Daniel 2 and 7? Gold, silver, brass, iron and clay? Lion, bear, leopard, beast with iron teeth and brass nails? Horseman one, two, three and death and hell?

As Adventists we tend to put prophecy in a framework of linear progression and just don't see multiple fulfillments with some exceptions (the 70 AD fall of Jerusalem for example).

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Bible Study Method's - Methods used by Jeff Pippenger [Re: His child] #126830
08/21/10 07:04 PM
08/21/10 07:04 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Quote:
From my study of Daniel 7, I can prove that 9/11/01 is of prophetic significance.

I'd like to read your view of 9/11 and it's connection with scripture. Would you be willing to share that with us in a new thread? Another new thread I'd be interested in is your view of 666 and the seven heads of the beast. I'd like to hear your views on that as well. The Search of Truth forum might be a good one to use.

Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!