HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,632
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 20
kland 5
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Daryl, Karen Y, dedication, Kevin H), 3,417 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
While so many discuss the sex of angels, see who is coming around #114139
06/04/09 06:45 PM
06/04/09 06:45 PM
A
Azenilto  Offline OP
Active Member 2010
Bessemer, Ala., USA
See this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3X5hIFXYU

What eschatological implications of that trend are there?

A. G. Brito
Sola Scriptura Ministry
Re: While so many discuss the sex of angels, see who is coming around [Re: Azenilto] #114166
06/05/09 01:52 PM
06/05/09 01:52 PM
C
crater  Offline
Veteran Member
United States
Someone had recently sent me the sight to the video. I think I would have more concern if the signs of the times didn't indicate that Christ should return before then. We have to trust that God is in control.

I do think the video gives us a clue as to how much Islam is spreading in Europe. I had a hint that France has had quite an influx of Muslims. I wasn't aware that it was so in the rest of Europe.

We have several members from that side of the world, perhaps they might see this trend?

Re: While so many discuss the sex of angels, see who is coming around [Re: crater] #114176
06/05/09 05:09 PM
06/05/09 05:09 PM
A
Azenilto  Offline OP
Active Member 2010
Bessemer, Ala., USA
I visited Germany in 1990 and something very strange happened when I was crossing a thoroughfare in Munich. I came across a "serial burper", a young man who approached me provocatively. What I mean by that? He began burping, and burping, and burping annoyingly near my ear . . . Later on, as I was standing in front of the magnificent Gothic cathedral in Köln, admiring the construction, another guy, an older man seemingly half drunk, did the same thing.

I wondered to myself, "What in the world are they doing?!" Then I came to a conclusion: They think that I am an Arab due to my different clothes and physical appearance (actually I am of Jewish descent). So, their message in these serial burpings was--"I despise you!"

This shows the potential of ethnic and racial conflicts that this situation could generate.

Now, I imagine the pope in Rome surrounded by enemies of the Church everywhere. Would he, or the Church as a whole, accept that situation passively? Some reaction would come as a result of that.

I remember reading somewhere that the Muslims in Rome had planned to build a mosque even larger than the famous St. Peter Cathedral, to show the superiority of Islam over Christianity. They couldn't carry out their plans because the municipality didn't approve the project.

In another Internet site someone suggested that the West should resort to the Crusades again, but now they wouldn't fight with swords and spears. . . Now the Muslims brag of having their Islamic Atomic bomb (Pakistan)!

A. G. Brito
Sola Scriptura Ministry
Re: While so many discuss the sex of angels, see who is coming around [Re: Azenilto] #114178
06/05/09 06:56 PM
06/05/09 06:56 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
I didn't know you were of Jewish descent. Maybe they were burping at you because they thought you were Jewish?

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: While so many discuss the sex of angels, see who is coming around [Re: Tom] #114207
06/06/09 01:10 AM
06/06/09 01:10 AM
A
Azenilto  Offline OP
Active Member 2010
Bessemer, Ala., USA
Originally Posted By: Tom
I didn't know you were of Jewish descent. Maybe they were burping at you because they thought you were Jewish?

Yes, my last name, Brito, comes from b'rith, and sounds more like, "someone under alliance". My middle name, Guimarães, comes from Guemará, an Aramaic term that means "instruction". Besides, I have Oliveira (Oliver), Barros, Costa among my grandparents and great-grandparents, which, as is well known, are names that were attributed to the "cristãos novos" (New Christians) after a fierce persecution in Brazil's Northeast (where I was born), in the 17th Century, by Catholic authorities (one more. . .). The Jews were then forced to become "Christians" (of the Catholic brand, of course).

The Jews had settled in the city of Recife and sorrounding areas, where they came to after being expelled from Portugal and Spain by the local Jesuits. There they built the first Synagogue of all the Americas. After this persecution, some fled the country and came to another Jewish settlement in North America, mainly by Dutch Jews, called Manhattan. And there they engaged in some business activities in a certain location called Wall Street, which seems to have been a good option. They did very well, and helped build the first Synagogue in the States, which was probably the second of the Americas.

But I really don't think they mistook me as a Jew in Germany. What happened there, as I related, was certainly because they thought I was an Arab.

I don't think that presently Germans hate Jews as much as they do regarding Arabs (of course I am not generalizing).

A. G. Brito
Sola Scriptura Ministry
Re: While so many discuss the sex of angels, see who is coming around [Re: Azenilto] #114442
06/09/09 05:14 AM
06/09/09 05:14 AM
D
dburt  Offline
Posting New Member
NE Oregon USA
When, not if- a large crisis comes upon the world, for example such as: large natural disasters, an outbreak of nukes between Isreal and Iran, or other unforseen wars or regional conflicts, or even a major economic crash or a combination of all of the above, who appeals to a large cross-section of the different national, political and religious factions? Obama and even the pope are considered world players. A conservative religious president such as GWB would have a hard time swaying liberal, secular or Islamic folks in a time of grave world crisis, but Obama would have the attention and respect of many liberal, secular and Islamic folks, and the pope would have the respect of most of the rest. A very handy duo for our understanding of the dynamics of end time events starting with God's warning judgements of the little time of trouble, right on thru a mild to severe Sunday law, close of probation, etc.

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/15/24 09:27 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!