HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,631
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 20
kland 5
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, Kevin H), 3,380 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Re: Harmony with God #11383
11/05/04 07:37 PM
11/05/04 07:37 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
I firmly believe that Sister White's writings are abused to the point where it makes me wonder who is following who.
I believe that the Bible is clear on salvation, and if there is a contradiction between what Sister white says and what the Bible says then what can you do.
Naturally the Bible is also abused to the point where I wonder where such interpretations came from, and that goes for anything else.
If I find a contradiction between Sister Whites writings and the Bible well then thats what I see. If there isn't well then there isn't. I think that there is way too much abuse, and discouragement against people who are still on the baby milk formula, and are being fed some tough meat which they cannot digest. Telling somone they wil lgo to hell for eating a tuna sandwich is extreme and fanatical, and not only that it is not in the Bible. I still have yet to see anyone provide Bible verses that condems you to hell for eating drumstick. Please provide Bible verses.
God Bless,
Will

Re: Harmony with God #11384
11/05/04 08:43 PM
11/05/04 08:43 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Do you believe a person will burn in hell if they refuse to live in harmony with the will of God? If so, then what, in your mind, constitutes the will of God? And, do you feel Sister White's counsel on diet contradicts the law of God? If so, would you be willing to explain how and why? At this point, most people run and hide, but somehow I don't think you are that type of person, at least I hope not.

Also, if a new believer happens to come across this thread, I hope and pray they are strong enough to see the forest in spite of the trees, that is, not lose sight of the bigger picture on account of the details. Diet is just one part of salvation. It is rather difficult to talk about all 27 fundamental doctrines simultaneously.

Re: Harmony with God #11385
11/05/04 08:55 PM
11/05/04 08:55 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
By the way, I edited this post to say that I posted this before reading the two posts previous to this post.

I believe that the writings of EGW are inspired, however, I don't believe the way we use her writings or even the Bible itself is what I would call "rightly dividing the word of truth."

quote:

2 Timothy 2:15
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
[Caution] We need to be very careful on how we use these writings. If we are not rightly dividing the word of truth, then we are using it as a club, which isn't in harmony with God. [Caution]

Christians don't begin as Adam and Eve began before the Fall, fully grown. They were the only ones who were born as babies. Their lives began fully grown. Even though fully grown, they still had much to learn. Eve was deceived. Adam followed in her in her deception.

Christians begin as newborn babes in Christ. They first need to drink the milk of the Word before being fed the meat of the Word. Feeding a new Christian meat first isn't good for the new Christian. The same is true for new Seventh-day Adventist Christians.

By feeding a new Adventist Christian meat, instead of the milk first, you could be responsible for that person's stumbling. That definitely isn't in harmony with God.

I, therefore, say that we need to be very careful in what we quote, be it the Bible or EGW, without rightly explaining it with the bigger picture in mind.

There is a lot more ways than this food discussion to be out of harmony with God.

God accepts us where we are, whether pertaining to flesh eating, or whatever. It's too bad we also do not accept people where they are like God does.

I think we all need to examine ourselves in the way we present things here, taking into consideration where each of us are in the rung of the ladder, Jacob's ladder, in our climb towards heaven.

quote:

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Shelley is a new Adventist Christian, therefore, I challenge you not to be a stumbling block to her and others that may be in the same arena.

Re: Harmony with God #11386
11/05/04 09:06 PM
11/05/04 09:06 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Shelley,

You said, "I don't think I want to be an Adventist anymore. It is toooo hard. I don't want to belong to an organisation that seems to focus more on food than on Jesus."

The operative word in what you said is seems.

The SDA Church's focus is on Jesus with the results being different depending on where each person is at in their Christian walk.

You are just as accepted by God in your present understanding of the food issue as Mike Lowe is in his present understanding of the food issue. In fact, you may be even in more harmony with God than he is or than I am in this issue and other issues, therefore, keep on trucking and living up to all the convictions that the Holy Spirit has given you. If you are not convicted on this food issue, then don't worry about it. It is the Holy Spirit who convicts us of sin; not Mike Lowe or anybody else.

Re: Harmony with God #11387
11/05/04 09:16 PM
11/05/04 09:16 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Daryl, might I suggest that you move this topic to a private forum? Also, how do we determine what is milk and what is meat? In some cases, like Weimar, the first thing people learn about the Bible and the SDA church is diet and health reform, and I know from experience it is like water to a thirsty soul. In the Bible, one of the first things God told the newborn slaves from Egypt (i.e., the children of Israel) to do was to incorporate and to practice diet and health reform. If quoting the Bible and Sister White regarding these basic and simple truths is wrong, then what is right?

Re: Harmony with God #11388
11/05/04 09:59 PM
11/05/04 09:59 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
I strongly feel that any new Christian would feel that they were stubmling due to the content of this topic. Shelley does not need to feel pressured into giving up turkey dinner eveyr year with family or her favorite poultry\fish\beef dish because of misconceived ideas about losing your salvation over food?! THink about it..Waking up at the SECOND resurrection to find out it was because of eating turkey or something like that. Seriously think about it.. If Jesus can forgive a thief the crime (if one can even overstep and go that far) of eating salmon or turkey is not even an issue. Very strange and I have yet to find any scripture that supports this position. I keep seeing alot of Ellen White quotes, but not 1 verse dealing with the issue of losing your salvation over eating salmon or turkey or chicken.
God Bless,
Will

Re: Harmony with God #11389
11/05/04 11:57 PM
11/05/04 11:57 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Will, please don't blow me off, but I'd like to know your answers to the following questions:
quote:
Do you believe a person will burn in hell if they refuse to live in harmony with the will of God? If so, then what, in your mind, constitutes the will of God? And, do you feel Sister White's counsel on diet contradicts the law of God? If so, would you be willing to explain how and why? Where in the Bible does it say it is lawful to eat meat even if it is sickly and causes cancer and heart disease?
Thank you.

Re: Harmony with God #11390
11/06/04 01:17 AM
11/06/04 01:17 AM
Shelley  Offline
Posting New Member
Australia
Thank you everyone for your encouragement and support.

Unlike Mark, diet is not a big issue for me. I exercise regularly and eat a balanced diet. I am currently not over weight and rarely eat meat. I look after myself because I want to be healthy, not because of EGWs beliefs.

Mark, I am glad you were helped by the health message and that it initially bought you to God. I can now see why you are so burdened to share your beliefs in the way that you do.

As for me, I am inclined to agree more with Will, the Bible has the answers. And like Will, I would like to see the Bible verse that says a meat eater will go to hell. Will, thanks for continuing to respond to the questions on this thread. I really appreciate your balanced approach to the situation.

Tom, you are right, following God should not be a hard thing to do, and it wasn’t, until I joined the Adventist church. You are also right about not recommending Counsels on Diet and Food to non Adventists. At this point in time, I would only recommend it to the garbage can.

Daryl, I believe you are correct when you say “we need to be very careful on how we use these writings. If we are not rightly dividing the word of truth, then we are using it as a club, which isn't in harmony with God.” One point that I would add regarding the “using it as a club” would be that it is being used as a club to beat one over the head with. The whole idea turns my stomach. It reminds me of the Pharisees Jesus mentioned in the bible, the teachers of the law who “shut the kingdom of heaven in men’s faces.” [Matt 23:23]. Maybe I am wrong but being beaten over the head with all of these do’s and don’ts seems like legalism to me.

I would like everyone to understand that eating meat is not really an issue for me. I can live without it. The issue is the loss of salvation because of what you put in your mouth, eating ones way into heaven. WORKS!!!!

In order to stay sane in the Adventist church, I have to take a stand, and that stand is: The Bible has the answers. It says: “Whoever believes and is baptised will be saved” [Mark 16:16]. “If I remain in Him He will remain in me” [John 15: 4] and “the Holy Spirit will teach me all things” [John 14:26]. God has spoken these words and I claim them right now.

As of now, I am getting off the roller coaster of religiosity, and resting in Christ. I intend to enjoy my time with Jesus and to keep it simple. [Heart]

Re: Harmony with God #11391
11/06/04 02:07 AM
11/06/04 02:07 AM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Mike,
We are on page 3 and the last page I have asked for verses and we are about half way through with this page, and still no verses to support eating turkey,salmon,chicken, or beef will send cause a person who is saved by the way to lose their salvation. We all would like to see those verses can you please provide some.
God Bless,
Will

Re: Harmony with God #11392
11/06/04 02:29 AM
11/06/04 02:29 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Shelley, I'm glad you have decided not to blow off Jesus just because the SDA church advocates a vegan diet for endtime believers. Are church members hell bound if they reject this message? I guess it depends on why they reject it, which also goes for any other present truth God sends His remnant people. Some people in the church are going to accept the mark of the beast. Why? Because, at least in some cases, they will rationalize choosing to die, rather than break the sabbath, is too legalistic.

What is my point? Deciding against present truth because it seems too legalistic is not a valid reason for rejecting it. Our choices should be based on sound biblical principles. You sound like a sincere and loving person, so I am sure you are doing what you believe is the right thing, not because someone else opposes Sister White's insights on veganism and last day events.

God bless, happy sabbath, and thank you for all the sharing you have posted on MSDAOL. I hope you return again soon (if not on this thread, then at least on one you like better).

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/12/24 10:01 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!