HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,632
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 20
kland 5
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication), 3,534 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 30 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 29 30
Re: Born sinning or born sinners? #14283
06/20/05 09:26 PM
06/20/05 09:26 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Surrender, yes, infants definitely manifest selfish behaviour. But, I'm not sure about the idea that everyone is saved until they choose to be lost?

Will, what do you make of the idea that the unsaved will be punished according to their works? some receive more "stripes" than others?

Luke
12:47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not [himself], neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many [stripes].
12:48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few [stripes]. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.
12:49 I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?

EW 294
Satan rushes into the midst of his followers and tries to stir up the multitude to action. But fire from God out of heaven is rained upon them, and the great men, and mighty men, the noble, the poor and miserable, are all consumed together. I saw that some were quickly destroyed, while others suffered longer. They were punished according to the deeds done in the body. Some were many days consuming, and just as long as there was a portion of them unconsumed, all the sense of suffering remained. Said the angel, "The worm of life shall not die; their fire shall not be quenched as long as there is the least particle for it to prey upon." {EW 294.1}

Re: Born sinning or born sinners? #14284
06/20/05 10:39 PM
06/20/05 10:39 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Mike,
The end result is that all unrepentant sinners will suffer that are cast into the lake of fire. Ideas of lightly punished sins make it easier for people to feel safe in telling little lies to get by, or to maybe sort of cheat on taxes cause they know better than God.
The end does not justify the means i.e. lightly burnt to a crust for evil world dictators vs others who will be instantly burned for tax evasion.
I personally would much rather prefer not to even be close to the heat, but enjoying eternity with Christ.
God Bless,
Will

Re: Born sinning or born sinners? #14285
06/20/05 10:56 PM
06/20/05 10:56 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Will, I'm having trouble understanding your point. I assume you agree with this statement:

quote:
God does not regard all sins as of equal magnitude; there are degrees of guilt in His estimation, as well as in that of man (SC 30).
Even without the inspired quote, this concept is patently obvious. Lusting after a woman in one's heart is not the same as committing adultery with her. Being angry at someone is not the same as killing them. They are the same in principle, and are the same in the fact that they are sins, but are quite different in degree. It takes a great deal more healing to be rescued from the sin of murder than from the sin of anger.

Re: Born sinning or born sinners? #14286
06/20/05 11:02 PM
06/20/05 11:02 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
quote:
Surrender, yes, infants definitely manifest selfish behaviour. But, I'm not sure about the idea that everyone is saved until they choose to be lost?

We can safely say that no one will be lost (i.e. in the second resurrection) who doesn't choose to be lost, but it's not correct, according to the SOP, that all infants will be in the first resurrection. She discusses this in 3SM, if I'm not mistaken (it's one of the SM's; I think 3, but maybe one of the others). She doesn't make absolute declarations, but states in less than absolute terms that infants who are raised by the non-saved who educate them well may be resurrected while those who are raised poorly by Christians may not be.

My understanding on this subject is that whether or not an infant is resurrected has to do with their potential for character-building. That is, God can determine whether they would be happy, prodctive citizens of heaven ("save to save") and will resurrect them accordingly. This makes a whole lot more sense to me than the idea that God looks at how they would have lived had they not died, which is impossible to know.

Re: Born sinning or born sinners? #14287
06/20/05 11:11 PM
06/20/05 11:11 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
quote:

Matthew 5:27,28
27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Its the same thing. If you lust after someone you have committed adultery. Jesus didn't say that its not really adultery cause you didn't physically touch her, but only thought it. He says that you have committed adultery in your heart.
Its adulterous to lust after a woman. Its murder to hate your brother.
Its a sin to rebel against God. It s like witchcraft which is an abomination, you dont have to go practicing witchcraft, all you need to do is rebel agaainst God and you are lumped right in there with ms.Cleo, and Idi Amin ( a murderous dictator in Africa).
Its not as if liars go to room 3, and prostitutes to the secondlevel room 4, you reap what you sow. Its either sin unto death, or obedience unto righteousness.
God Bless,
Will

Re: Born sinning or born sinners? #14288
06/20/05 11:14 PM
06/20/05 11:14 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
I'm really having trouble understanding how your view coincides with this:

quote:
God does not regard all sins as of equal magnitude; there are degrees of guilt in His estimation, as well as in that of man (SC 30).
Plus, it's clear to anyone who has lost a loved one by murder or who has been "adultered" against that murder/anger lust/adultery are worlds apart. Or to anyone who has committed these sins. The sin of adultery requires much more healing than the sin of lust. Both require healing, however.

Re: Born sinning or born sinners? #14289
06/20/05 11:24 PM
06/20/05 11:24 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
My view is based on the Bible. Whether it coincides, is contradictory to what Sister White says is completely immaterial and carries zero weight. If her writings are in contradiction to the Bible then choose the Bible. She said it herself. If you find that her words are infallible because the same Spirit that inspired her also inspired the writers of the Bible, then I suggest looking at it in a much broader scope and realizing that hell was made for the devil and his angels, God doesn't want to destroy the wicked sinners on this earth, but to instead turn away, and if you don't you will find yourself with a rather rude awakening. Its that easy.
God Bless,
Will

Re: Born sinning or born sinners? #14290
06/20/05 11:29 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
I'm looking at the bigger picture. being cheated on by a spouse is very sad, having a spouse that is flirtatious is just as bad if not worse. Still the person is adulterous and it is sin. A murder acts out the hatred physically, and you can hate someone where you kill them in your mind. The common thread is that your heart was in that place. The end result if you dont repent and are converted is going to be... destruction in a physical lake of fire that is going to be very very hot. There will be gnashing of teeth also. Whether you are a church leader who watered down the Gospel to have people live in sin, or are a cannibal in north america. The wages of sin is death.
God Bless,
Will

Re: Born sinning or born sinners? #14291
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
quote:
If you find that her words are infallible because the same Spirit that inspired her also inspired the writers of the Bible, then I suggest looking at it in a much broader scope and realizing that hell was made for the devil and his angels, God doesn't want to destroy the wicked sinners on this earth, but to instead turn away, and if you don't you will find yourself with a rather rude awakening.
I'm sorry Will, but I don't understand what you wrote above.

I pointed out that even apart from the Spirit of Prophesy that it's obvious that the sins of murder/anger adulter/lust are not the same, and gave reasons. If you have lost a loved one due to murder, you know they are different. If you have committed adultery, or been "adultered" against, you know they are different.

I've heard others who have the same view you do, but have never seen the sense in it. What EGW wrote is, it seems to me, patently obvious. You're taking something literally, IMO, that was never meant to be so taken; like when Jesus said you should poke out your eye or cut off your hand.

Re: Born sinning or born sinners? #14292
06/20/05 11:39 PM
06/20/05 11:39 PM
Surrender  Offline
Posting New Member
GA
quote:
But, I'm not sure about the idea that everyone is saved until they choose to be lost?

I don't believe that about babies either since there's clear SOP to the contrary, so I see where I didn't go far enough with my comment. Perhaps I'll get a chance to expand later but time is quick right now.

Page 6 of 30 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 29 30

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/15/24 09:27 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!