HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,619
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Nadi, 2 invisible), 3,401 guests, and 22 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Pope Francis the "Stately Fair Person" [Re: RighteousnessBF] #193533
01/24/21 10:48 AM
01/24/21 10:48 AM
R
RighteousnessBF  Offline OP
Vancouver

Strong's G1588 - eklektos;

ELECT: Chosen.

Someone who has been sealed for Christ. HIS CHOSEN

And the people stood beholding. And the rulers also with them derided him, saying, He saved others; let him save himself, if he be Christ, the chosen of God. Luke 23:35

Re: Pope Francis the "Stately Fair Person" [Re: RighteousnessBF] #193534
01/24/21 10:51 AM
01/24/21 10:51 AM
R
Vancouver
I truly cannot believe that someone who has heard His voice would argue against this.

I am stunned to what lengths you will go.

Re: Pope Francis the "Stately Fair Person" [Re: RighteousnessBF] #193535
01/24/21 11:08 AM
01/24/21 11:08 AM
R
Vancouver
Also, the words used are the strongest form of the word "elect". For it doesn't just say "elect" it says the "VERY ELECT". Which means the definite article, Christ Himself.

It is using the strongest terms because this event will be so deceptive that "if it were possible" it would deceive even Christ Himself. Only those who have been sealed in Christ will be able to survive this.

All of the other events will pail in comparison to this "masterpiece of deception".

During the whole ministry of Christ Satan tried to get Jesus to believe that He was the devil. He will do the exact same thing to His ELECT.

Re: Pope Francis the "Stately Fair Person" [Re: RighteousnessBF] #193536
01/24/21 11:24 AM
01/24/21 11:24 AM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I am re-quoting what you quoted in your post from the 1888 version of the Great Controversy with references after each paragraph, or after the portion of each paragraph that you quoted:

"At that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people; and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time; and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.? [Daniel 12:1.] {GC88 613.1}

When the third angel's message closes, mercy no longer pleads for the guilty inhabitants of the earth. The people of God have accomplished their work. They have received "the latter rain, "the refreshing from the presence of the Lord," and they are prepared for the trying hour before them. Angels are hastening to and fro in Heaven. An angel returning from the earth announces that his work is done; the final test has been brought upon the world, and all who have proved themselves loyal to the divine precepts have received "the seal of the living God." [SEE APPENDIX, NOTE 13.] Then Jesus ceases his intercession in the sanctuary above. {GC88 613.2}

I noticed that the first re-quote covered the first paragraph and a portion of the next paragraph, but you then jumped from page 613.2 way down to page 624.1 that I have also re-quoted below:

As the crowning act in the great drama of deception, Satan himself will personate Christ. The church has long professed to look to the Saviour's advent as the consummation of her hopes. Now the great deceiver will make it appear that Christ has come. In different parts of the earth, Satan will manifest himself among men as a majestic being of dazzling brightness, resembling the description of the Son of God given by John in the Revelation. [Revelation 1:13-15.] The glory that surrounds him is unsurpassed by anything that mortal eyes have yet beheld. The shout of triumph rings out upon the air., "Christ has come! Christ has come!" The people prostrate themselves in adoration before him, while he lifts up his hands, and pronounces a blessing upon them, as Christ blessed his disciples when he was upon the earth. His voice is soft and subdued, yet full of melody. In gentle, compassionate tones he presents some of the same gracious, heavenly truths which the Saviour uttered; he heals the diseases of the people, and then, in his assumed character of Christ, he claims to have changed the Sabbath to Sunday, and commands all to hallow the day which he has blessed. He declares that those who persist in keeping holy the seventh day are blaspheming his name by refusing to listen to his angels sent to them with light and truth. This is the strong, almost overmastering delusion. Like the Samaritans who were deceived by Simon Magus, the multitudes, from the least to the greatest, give heed to these sorceries, saying, This is "the great power of God." [Acts 8:10.] {GC88 624.1}

I agree with what dedication wrote in her post about all those paragraphs and pages that you skipped in relation to what she said in regards to the timeline of what you quoted in that Ellen White doesn't do this in a timeline sequences throughout all of those pages that she wrote.

As there are too many pages to post all at once in this post, I suggest you check it out for yourself.

One thing I noticed is that after probation closes the seven last plagues begin to fall and in a very short time after that the real Second Coming of Jesus Christ takes place.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Pope Francis the "Stately Fair Person" [Re: Daryl] #193538
01/24/21 03:09 PM
01/24/21 03:09 PM
R
Vancouver
Originally Posted by Daryl

As there are too many pages to post all at once in this post, I suggest you check it out for yourself.

So there are too many pages for you to post all at once but you cannot see why I didn't include them in my original post?

Is it not the same Chapter? Out of all of the Great Controversy is this the only chapter that is somehow not linear?

The intent of this is to show that Satan appears as an angel of light in the form of the "stately fair person" then he appears as Jesus after probation closes.

I quoted two paragraphs from the same chapter to show the context just as Mrs. White did many times herself when quoting her writings. It doesn't matter because the one follows the other in the same chapter. She even uses the same quote that I did from Matthew 24:24 where it is written that Satan appearing as Jesus would "if it were possible" deceive even "the VERY ELECT" which is Jesus Himself.

To call His people the VERY elect means that they are sealed and cannot be deceived, meaning it is after probation closes which proves my original statement, but you guys cannot even see this?

I am shocked.

Re: Pope Francis the "Stately Fair Person" [Re: RighteousnessBF] #193539
01/24/21 04:13 PM
01/24/21 04:13 PM
T
Theophilus  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

Florida. USA
Originally Posted by RighteousnessBF
Also, the words used are the strongest form of the word "elect". For it doesn't just say "elect" it says the "VERY ELECT". Which means the definite article, Christ Himself.

It is using the strongest terms because this event will be so deceptive that "if it were possible" it would deceive even Christ Himself. Only those who have been sealed in Christ will be able to survive this.

All of the other events will pail in comparison to this "masterpiece of deception".

During the whole ministry of Christ Satan tried to get Jesus to believe that He was the devil. He will do the exact same thing to His ELECT.

Hi there! I don't think that means Christ Himself.

I think it is specific and showing emphasis to His people. Like saying "the very people that post here" would point specifically to us.

I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies, and of all the truth, which Thou hast shewed unto Thy servant;...
Gen 32:10
Re: Pope Francis the "Stately Fair Person" [Re: RighteousnessBF] #193541
01/24/21 04:51 PM
01/24/21 04:51 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I decided to quote a few paragraphs between what RighteousnessBF quoted and I re-quoted below:

Had not Jacob previously repented of his sin in obtaining the birthright by fraud, God would not have heard his prayer and mercifully preserved his life. So, in the time of trouble, if the people of God had unconfessed sins to appear before them while tortured with fear and anguish, they would be overwhelmed; despair would cut off their faith, and they could not have confidence to plead with God for deliverance. But while they have a deep sense of their unworthiness, they have no concealed wrongs to reveal. Their sins have gone beforehand to Judgment, and have been blotted out; and they cannot bring them to remembrance. {GC88 620.1}

Satan leads many to believe that God will overlook their unfaithfulness in the minor affairs of life; but the Lord shows in his dealings with Jacob that he will in nowise sanction or tolerate evil. All who endeavor to excuse or conceal their sins, and permit them to remain upon the books of Heaven, unconfessed and unforgiven, will be overcome by Satan. The more exalted their profession, and the more honorable the position which they hold, the more grievous is their course in the sight of God, and the more sure the triumph of their great adversary. Those who delay a preparation for the day of God cannot obtain it in the time of trouble, or at any subsequent time. The case of all such is hopeless. {GC88 620.2}

Those professed Christians who come up to that last fearful conflict unprepared, will, in their despair, confess their sins in words of burning, anguish, while the wicked exult over their distress. These confessions are of the same character as was that of Esau or of Judas. Those who make them lament the result of transgression, but not its guilt. They feel no true contrition, no abhorrence of evil. They acknowledge their sin, through fear of punishment; but, like Pharaoh of old, they would return to their defiance of Heaven, should the judgments be removed. {GC88 620.3}

Jacob's history is also an assurance that God will not cast off those who have been deceived, and tempted, and betrayed into sin, but who have returned unto him with true repentance. While Satan seeks to destroy this class, God will send his angels to comfort and protect them in the time of peril. The assaults of Satan are fierce and determined, his delusions are terrible; but the Lord's eye is upon his people, and his ear listens to their cries. Their affliction is great, the flames of the furnace seem about to consume them; but the Refiner will bring them forth as gold tried in the fire. God's love for his children during the period of their severest trial is as strong and tender as in the days of their sunniest prosperity; but it is needful for them to be placed in the furnace fire; their earthliness must be consumed that the image of Christ may be perfectly reflected. {GC88 621.1}
The season of distress and anguish before us will require a faith that can endure weariness, delay, and hunger,?a faith that will not faint, though severely tried. The period of probation is granted to all to prepare for that time. Jacob prevailed because he was persevering and determined. His victory is an evidence of the power of importunate prayer. All who will lay hold of God's promises, as he did, and be as earnest and persevering as he was, will succeed as he succeeded. Those who are unwilling to deny self, to agonize before God, to pray long and earnestly for his blessing, will not obtain it. Wrestling with God?how few know what it is! How few have ever had their souls drawn out after God with intensity of desire until every power is on the stretch. When waves of despair which no language can express sweep over the suppliant, how few cling with unyielding faith to the promises of God. {GC88 621.2}
Those who exercise but little faith now, are in the greatest danger of falling under the power of Satanic delusions and the decree to compel the conscience. And even if they endure the test, they will be plunged into deeper distress and anguish in the time of trouble, because they have never
made it a habit to trust in God. The lessons of faith which they have neglected, they will be forced to learn under a terrible pressure of discouragement. {GC88 621.3}

Was what I quoted above before or after the close of probation?

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Pope Francis the "Stately Fair Person" [Re: Daryl] #193542
01/24/21 09:03 PM
01/24/21 09:03 PM
R
Vancouver
I know what you want me to say. But the fact of the matter is, you are building a straw man argument.

Of course, Jacob lived before the close of probation, but the symbol of the Time of Jacobs trouble is AFTER probation closes. This is stated in many different ways in the Testimonies. Any first year SDA bible student could tell you this. So you really should humble yourself here.

The Time of Jacob's Trouble is AFTER probation ends, but I am confident that by your tone you do not have it within yourself to admit you are wrong.

Re: Pope Francis the "Stately Fair Person" [Re: Theophilus] #193543
01/24/21 09:13 PM
01/24/21 09:13 PM
R
Vancouver
Hi Theophilus.

In several Old Testament quotes Jesus is called the Elect. {Isa 42:1, 65:9, 65:22 etc} To be called the VERY elect is a reference directly to Christ but it is symbolic through His people. When you look at them you see Jesus, they are the 144,000.

It does have to do with the prepared people, of course, that is correct, but these people are sealed with "Christ in us the hope of glory". The Mystery of Godliness. It is a direct reference to Christ the VERY Elect because they are His.

What it shows is that they cannot be moved and are completely sealed in Christ. So this verse shows that this is a post probation event. These Satanic manifestations get more and more intense while Christ is being manifested through His people.

This is why it says "if it were possible" because it is NOT possible. They cannot be moved, they are sealed.

Re: Pope Francis the "Stately Fair Person" [Re: RighteousnessBF] #193550
01/25/21 04:28 PM
01/25/21 04:28 PM
T
Theophilus  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

Florida. USA
Totally off topic, but your name wouldn't by any chance, be Henry, would it?

I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies, and of all the truth, which Thou hast shewed unto Thy servant;...
Gen 32:10
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:07 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!