HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,597
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, 1 invisible), 3,182 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Beliefs needed to understand Investigative Judgment #195989
07/02/23 07:01 AM
07/02/23 07:01 AM
dedication  Online Content OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
It's often asserted that Adventists build their belief of the Investigative Judgment on inconsequential information and on one misunderstood text.
But this is a straw man!
In reality, the Investigative Judgment is based on a broad understanding of scripture, and it is in agreement on an understanding of the Protestant gospel.

However, there is more than one way to understand the gospel within the broader scope of Protestantism ? There are several basic Biblical doctrines which determine how we understand the gospel which in turn determine our understanding of the Investigative Judgment -- indeed the Pre-Advent judgment is a logical and fully Biblical conclusion when those OTHER biblical doctrines are understood.

What are these beliefs that must first be understood before the Investigative Judgment becomes a logical conclusion, and necessary event in salvation's story?

1. The understanding of the great controversy between Christ and Satan (the dragon).
This includes the whole understanding of creation and the beginning of sin, Satan's enmity against God's commandments, yet accusing people as not savable sinners before God.
Revelation 12, Isaiah 14:12-15, Genesis 1-3, Zechariah 3, Matt, 4:1-11, Luke 10:18; Luke 22:31; Acts 26:18; Rev. 20:2; Ephesians 6:11-12

2. The understanding of freedom of choice. Arminianism not the Calvinism's concept of God's fixed predetermined predestination of who is to be saved and who is to be left unsaved.
We need to understand the Biblical call to all, whosoever will, may come.
Rev. 22:17, Mark 8:34; Joshua 24:15

3. Once saved is not necessarily always saved. The understanding that a person is free to turn away and stop following Christ even if at some point in their lives they accepted Him.
Luke 8:14, Heb.6:4-6; Heb. 10:26; 2 Peter 3:17, Matt. 7:21-22, Ez. 18:24

4. The understanding that the dead are really dead until the resurrection. No immortal soul. All are asleep in their graves having not yet received their "eternal rewards" .
Acts 2:35; 1 Thess 4:16-17; Eccl 9:5, Ps.146:3-4, Ps. 115:17, Rev. 11:18, Rev. 22:12

5. The understanding that God does judge.
Daniel 7:9-10; Heb 10:26-27; 1 Peter 4:17; Romans 14:10; 2 Cor. 5:10; Eccl 3:17; Ez. 18:30-31; Acts 10:42; Romans 2:16; 2 Tim.4:1

Adventist doctrine of the Investigative Judgment is the natural outgrowth of the Arminian concept of people's choice as to whether they accept the offered salvation, as well as the doctrine of Soul Sleep.
Everything else in our study of the investigative judgment is useful in understanding the doctrine and its relevance. Once those doctrines are understood the pre-Adventist Judgment is seen as a logical part of the salvation process, and the doctrine does not rest solely on the usual arguments discussed.

The necessity for a - judgment stands or falls on how salvation itself is understood. The scope of the sin problem as it relates on a cosmic scale, the aspect of our choice to follow Christ faithfully and the Biblical concept of the dead asleep in their graves awaiting a resurrection all fit with an investigative judgment.

Since Adventists have a biblical foundation for these concepts, it is easy to understand the essential nature of the Investigative or Pre-Advent Judgment.

So if people agree on those point, other details supporting the IJ become relevant as well.
But if any of the five above points are denied, then the waters get more muddy.

Last edited by dedication; 07/09/23 06:40 PM.
Re: Beliefs needed to understand Investigative Judgment [Re: dedication] #195990
07/02/23 08:08 PM
07/02/23 08:08 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
So let's look at these five basic beliefs one by one.
How does understanding them lead us to acknowledge the need for a Pre-Advent Judgment?
How does denying them make accepting the Pre-Advent any issue?

First Belief
1. The understanding of the great controversy between Christ and Satan (the dragon).
The belief this world is involved in a huge controversy of cosmic proportions presents a far bigger picture of the whole salvation process. This includes the whole understanding of creation and the beginning of sin, Satan's enmity against God's commandments, and his accusations that people are not savable sinners before God.
This Controversy straight from the Bible

Isaiah 14 :12 How is it that you have fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how were you thrown down to the ground, you who weaken the nations?
14:13 It was your pride for you said in your heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
Ezekiel 28:14 You were the anointed cherub that covers (the throne of God); and I have set you in that position: you were upon the holy mountain of God; you walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire . 15 You were perfect in all your ways from the day that you were created, till iniquity was found in you.
Rev. 12:4 And He (Lucifer turned Satan) drew a third of the stars (angelic beings) of heaven, and did cast them to the earth.
Rev. 12:7 For there was war in heaven: Michael (Jesus commanding all the angels) and his angels fought against the dragon and the dragon fought and his angels,
12:8 But they didn't win, neither was their place found any more in heaven.
12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan,,, and his angels were cast out with him.
Luke 10:18 Jesus said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

Meanwhile
Genesis 1 to 2 God creates a "very good" world in six days.

Gen, 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
Ex. 20:11 In six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

But the fallen angel, now Satan, that old serpent the devil, works to get mankind to doubt God and give their allegiance on his side.

Gen. 3:1 Now the serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Did God really say that you shall not eat of every tree of the garden? 4You shall not surely die:
3:5 For God knows that in the day ye eat of this tree, your eyes shall be opened, and you shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

It's not just in Eden, Satan is still trying to get everyone to distrust God:
Luke 22:31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan has desired to get you, that he may sift you as wheat:
1Peter 5:8 the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

He gets people to distrust God's word, and now he accuses God's people as sinners deserving wrath.
After all the wages of sin is death.

Zech 3:3 Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel of the LORD.. and there was 3:1 Satan standing at his right hand to resist him. 3:2 And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan; 3:4 (And to Joshua) Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.

Matt. 4;9-10 shows Satan even tempting His Creator! " All these things will I give you, if you wilt fall down and worship me.
4:10 Then said Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Jesus came to draw us back to Himself
Acts 26:18 To open their eyes, [and] to turn [them] from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Satan hates God's commandments and those that by faith live by them;
Rev. 12:17 2:17 And the dragon (Satan) is furious with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

His end is destruction, but sadly all that follow him will suffer the same fate.
Matt. 25:41 Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Revelation 12, Isaiah 14:12-15, Genesis 1-3, Zechariah 3, Matt, 4:1-11, Luke 10:18; Luke 22:31; Acts 26:18; Rev. 20:2; Ephesians 6:11-12

Of course we should first of all establish people firmly in the gospel of salvation by grace through faith in Jesus our Savior, and there is much more concerning the gospel that is very important.

But even the most basic Christian beliefs are under attack as the first chapters of Genesis are cast aside or replaced with an evolution theistic counterfeit, and the great controversy theme is lost.

THE MAIN OBJECTION
When we hear people saying: "But God knows everything, He knows who has accepted Him and who has not, thus there is no need for an investigative judgment."

Those who argue that point -- well it is pretty safe to assume those people do not understand the great controversy issues.
They tend to see salvation as simply a matter between the individual and God and nothing/nobody else is concerned. Thus, as long as God knows (and He does know) why have a judgment at which a thousand million angels are present and the books are opened? (Daniel 7:9-10) And Jesus presents names to the Father and the angels as to whether they stay in the book of life or not (Rev. 3:5)

Col. 1:20 Having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
Eph. 1:10 gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him

There was reconciliation needed in heaven as well. Satan was a mighty angel in heaven, he implanted doubts in the minds of the heavenly hosts, drew one third of the angels away from God, and they were all cast out of heaven with him. (Isaiah 14 and Rev. 12) Satan lied to Eve and coaxed her into rebelling against God. (Gen. 3) Humanity fell deep into sin. Could they be redeemed? Are they any safer to bring into heaven, than Lucifer/Satan was when he was cast out?

Christ, the Son of God, that One that was God and was with God,. John 1:1 came to this earth to redeem mankind. Yes, that's the very core of the gospel.
But Satan argues that we are all far to sinful to be saved. However, there is a cleansing fountain in Christ Jesus, and He will rebuke Satan's accusation and vindicate all who come to Christ for cleansing. (Zechariah 3, Ephesians 1:6-7)

When it's all over,
Philippians 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and those in earth, and under the earth;
Rev. 19:1-2 I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God: For true and righteous [are] his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.

God has a purpose in letting sin manifest itself in the earth.
Many doubts were planted even in the minds of angels (and people) who remained faithful.
When this is all over everyone will have seen the enormity of Satan's lies, and in stark contrast ot the awesome glory, justice and love of the Savior.
Everyone, in heaven and on earth will praise the justice of God.
All doubts will be removed. Sin will completely have lost it's appeal and never rise again.

How could this be the result if people and angels were questioning God's judgment as to why He saved some and not others?
Judgment times -- to lay open the reason some are saved and some not, will reveal the awesome fairness, goodness, of God and forever settle the issue -- God is love, He is just, He is righteous and everything else that is good and holy.

Re: Beliefs needed to understand Investigative Judgment [Re: dedication] #195995
07/05/23 07:39 PM
07/05/23 07:39 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
The first point is understanding the Great Controversy Issues, which gives the big picture as to how the Investigative judgment fits in with the bigger picture of Christ bringing into unity not just people on earth, but all in heaven and on earth.. (Eph. 1:10; Col.1:16,20)

Second point

2. The understanding of freedom of choice. Adventists see the Arminian view that everyone has the choice to respond to Christ for salvation, we do not accept the Calvinism's concept of God's fixed, predetermined predestination of who is to be saved and who is to be left unsaved.
We need to understand the Biblical call to all, whosoever will, may come.
Christ died for ALL, the provisions for salvation is for all, the invitation to come is for all, but each individual has the choice to respond.
John 3:16, For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, the WHOSOEVER believeth in Him should not perish but have eternal life.
Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to EVERYONE who believes
1 Timothy 2:4 God our Savior, Who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Romans 5:12,18 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:...even so by the righteousness of one (Jesus Christ) the free gift came upon ALL men unto justification of life.
Rev. 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And WHOSOEVER will, let him take the water of life freely.
Mark 8:34 Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
Matt. 7:7-8 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For EVERY ONE that asks will receive; and he that seeks will find; and to him that knocks it shall be opened.
Duet. 30:19 I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life.
Joshua 24:15 choose you this day whom ye will serve; ... as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Calvinism, in it's more extreme form, leaves mankind no choice in whether they will be saved or lost. Their theory is that God predestined some to be redeemed. Those are the ones Christ died to save. The rest are left in their lost state. Since everyone is hopelessly trapped in sin, those who were chosen to be saved will be overwhelmed with an irresistible force of grace to come to Christ for salvation.
Those predestined to be lost, would be left in their carnal state, nothing they could do would change that, they are lost.

If there is no choice, then a judgment as to whose name is to be retained in the book of life, is pointless. It was all decided before we were even born.

Yet scripture speaks often of Christ coming to save everyone who would come to Him. His sacrifice is all sufficient to save every sinner, the only thing standing in the way of our salvation is our own rejection of His love and grace, and insisting on being our own gods.

When mankind is given freedom of choice then judgment is needed to differentiate between those who made a real choice, and those who just claimed the name but their hearts were unchanged.

If you are sharing the Pre-Advent judgment message with a Calvinist who believes in their version of pre-destination, you will hit a road block. At this juncture, the debate is not so much about the Investigative Judgment texts and details . Rather the problem is that they don't understand the Arminian concept of free choice, and salvation's availability for all, which is one of the Investigative Judgment's foundations.

Re: Beliefs needed to understand Investigative Judgment [Re: dedication] #195997
07/07/23 08:30 AM
07/07/23 08:30 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
The third belief which makes the belief in an Investigative Judgment a logical part of salvation.

3. Once saved is not necessarily always saved. Thus there is the understanding that a person is free to turn away and stop following Christ even if at some point in their lives they accepted Him.

Luke 8:13-14 The seeds which fell on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.
And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of [this] life, and bring no fruit to perfection.
Heb.6:4-6; For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put Him to an open shame.
2 Peter 3:17, You therefore, beloved, seeing you know these things before, beware lest you also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own steadfastness.
Matt. 7:21-22,Not every one that says unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven.
1 Cor. 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.
Rev. 2:20 be thou faithful unto death, and I will give you a crown of life.
Eze. 18:24 But when the righteous turns away from his righteousness, and commits iniquity, and does according to all the abominations that the wicked do, shall he live? All his righteousness that he has done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he has trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

The concept of once saved always saved, takes God's promises of salvation to all who believe and the abiding power of the Holy Spirit into the realm of removing the person's choice.

Now conversion is an important and powerful experience as a person accepts Christ it changes the whole direction of their life through the power of the Holy Spirit. There are many promises of God's keeping and transforming power. There is security in being in Christ and following Him. He doesn't just cast us off when we stumble, but picks us up and encourages us to walk closer with Him.
But it's still a personal choice. A person can still ignore or turn off the voice of the Holy Spirit and drift away, or even allow circumstances to turn them away from Christ in open rejection.
Living "in Christ" and being "filled with the Holy Spirit" includes a life of prayer and seeking to know Christ better; to be in daily relationship with Him and following Him in His paths of righteousness.

When it comes to the Investigative Judgment those who are strong believers in once saved always saved will dismiss it as taking away their "security" which in reality may be a presumptuous false security that their worldliness is OK since they once accepted Christ.

Some who believe in the "once saved always saved" will often admit that some Christians do "fall away" but their explanations is that "they were never really saved in the first place."

Here there is a possible meeting of ideas, as the Pre Advent judgment does reveal who is really saved, (that is -- they are in that saving relationship with Christ) and who isn't.
The difference is in thinking that once saved, some believe at that point it's forever settled. The concept that those who fall away were never really saved in the first place, actually takes away all assurance, as they would always worry if they they were really saved?
Thus the belief of free choice gives assurance, as we believe at the point of surrender to Christ we are in a saved condition. As long as our lives remain in that relationship with Christ and seek and worship Him, we are in that saved relationship, we are "in Christ". It's only when we separate ourselves from that relationship that we separate ourselves from the One Who saves. And that always remains our choice.

The doctrine of the Pre-Adventist Judgment is the natural continuation of the belief that God always gives us free choice. He desires a relationship freely given, never one that is programed or forced.

Re: Beliefs needed to understand Investigative Judgment [Re: dedication] #196001
07/09/23 02:42 PM
07/09/23 02:42 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
4. The understanding that the dead are really dead until the resurrection. No immortal soul. All are asleep in their graves having not yet received their "eternal rewards" .
Acts 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens:
Eccl 9:5-6 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any [thing] that is done under the sun.
Ps.146:4 His breath goes forth, he returns to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.
Ps. 115:17 The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence.
Job 7:21 I shall sleep in the dust; and thou shalt seek me in the morning, but I shall not be. ,
1 Thess 4:13,16-17 I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. ...For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Daniel 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame [and] everlasting contempt.
John 5:28-29 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
Rev. 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [is] with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
Rev. 20 20:5-6 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that has part in the first resurrection: on such the second death has no power..they shall reign with Christ a thousand years....

This one is crucial to understand.
If people go to heaven as soon as they die -- why would there be a need for a Pre-Advent judgment?

But if there is a resurrection of all the saved at the second coming, and another resurrection of wicked after the 1000 years. It makes perfect sense that a list of the saved is finalized in the book of life, of all who will be raised in that resurrection!

Re: Beliefs needed to understand Investigative Judgment [Re: dedication] #196037
07/19/23 01:29 PM
07/19/23 01:29 PM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
Originally Posted by dedication
Acts 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens:
Eccl 9:5-6 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any [thing] that is done under the sun.
Ps.146:4 His breath goes forth, he returns to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.
Ps. 115:17 The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence.
Job 7:21 I shall sleep in the dust; and thou shalt seek me in the morning, but I shall not be. ,
1 Thess 4:13,16-17 I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. ...For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Daniel 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame [and] everlasting contempt.
John 5:28-29 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
Rev. 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [is] with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
Rev. 20 20:5-6 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that has part in the first resurrection: on such the second death has no power..they shall reign with Christ a thousand years....

This one is crucial to understand.
If people go to heaven as soon as they die -- why would there be a need for a Pre-Advent judgment?

But if there is a resurrection of all the saved at the second coming, and another resurrection of wicked after the 1000 years. It makes perfect sense that a list of the saved is finalized in the book of life, of all who will be raised in that resurrection!

I don't have much, if any, disagreement with what you said but I didn't see you address anything to do with the parable of the 10 virgins, Uriah Smith's comments on this parable of Jesus is the best explanation of it I have seen. It is better than Ellen White's, His article, titled Parable of the 10 Virgins, can be found in the APL. What caused me to read it is a sermon from Doug Batchelor in his Amazing Facts prophecy series, Panorama of Prophecy.

Re: Beliefs needed to understand Investigative Judgment [Re: dedication] #196040
07/19/23 01:55 PM
07/19/23 01:55 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
The point of this thread is mainly to point out why many Christian?s don?t see any need for a pre advent judgement. Even Uriah smiths explanation of the ten virgins won?t mean anything to them if they believe people go straight to heaven or hell when they die

Re: Beliefs needed to understand Investigative Judgment [Re: dedication] #196045
07/19/23 03:49 PM
07/19/23 03:49 PM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
Originally Posted by dedication
The point of this thread is mainly to point out why many Christian?s don?t see any need for a pre advent judgement. Even Uriah smiths explanation of the ten virgins won?t mean anything to them if they believe people go straight to heaven or hell when they die.

I don't see hoe it can hurt as Jesus told the parable as He was telling His disciples what was coming in the last days. He interrupted His discourse on prophecy to tell both the parables of the 10 virgins and the talents,

Re: Beliefs needed to understand Investigative Judgment [Re: dedication] #196046
07/19/23 04:10 PM
07/19/23 04:10 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
It?s a good parable especially when studying with people who believe in the once saved always saved teaching.
Those ten virgins all had oil and light in the beginning. But five didn?t make it in the end their lights had gone out

Re: Beliefs needed to understand Investigative Judgment [Re: dedication] #196100
07/26/23 09:31 PM
07/26/23 09:31 PM
Rick H  Offline

Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
I always use the following verses to help people see how the Investigative Judgement has to happen.

Matthew 25:32-34
King James Version
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

How can Christ separate the goats from the sheep and they inherit the kingdom if they have not been judged..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!