HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,597
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, 1 invisible), 3,193 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
1st quarter, 2024 The Psalms #197266
01/15/24 05:43 AM
01/15/24 05:43 AM
dedication  Online Content OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Two lessons are already passed...
The first was more about the authors, poetic structures and suggestions on how to read the Psalms.

The second was about using the Psalms in praise and especially in prayer.
Finding Psalms by which to express oneself to God.

Lesson Three
Our God Reigns

Psalms 97:1 Our God reigns, let the earth be glad!.

Psalms 93:1 The Lord reigns, he is robed in majesty; the Lord is robed in majesty and armed with strength; indeed, the world is established, firm and secure.

Our world is Unstable. Unsafe. Confusing. Chaotic. Hurting. Evil, without Hope.
But that is just what we see as Satan directs those listening to him.

Beyond and above God still reigns!
He is still in control, though allowing evil to show it's true colors for a time.
But there is a Secure and Safe, Harmonious, Perfect, Happy, Righteous, Beautiful world, in God's plans. The destiny of this planet is firm and secure.
And His word is sure.

Reply Quote
Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Re: 1st quarter, 2024 The Psalms [Re: dedication] #197267
01/15/24 06:08 AM
01/15/24 06:08 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
What right does God have to reign in this world?

1. He created this world and everything in it.
2. He died to redeem a rebellious people.

Why is it so important to understand that God DID create this world and everything in it.

The Psalmists believed God created this world. We find references to God's creative work all through the Psalms.

Ps. 100:3 Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture

Ps 95: 6?Come, let us bow down in worship,
let us kneel before the Lord our Maker;
7?for he is our God
and we are the people of his pasture,
the flock under his care.

Ps. 102:25?In the beginning you laid the foundations of the earth,
and the heavens are the work of your hands.

Reply Quote
Re: 1st quarter, 2024 The Psalms [Re: dedication] #197269
01/15/24 02:54 PM
01/15/24 02:54 PM
Rick H  Offline

Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted by dedication
What right does God have to reign in this world?

1. He created this world and everything in it.
2. He died to redeem a rebellious people.

Why is it so important to understand that God DID create this world and everything in it.

The Psalmists believed God created this world. We find references to God's creative work all through the Psalms.

Ps. 100:3 Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture

Ps 95: 6?Come, let us bow down in worship,
let us kneel before the Lord our Maker;
7?for he is our God
and we are the people of his pasture,
the flock under his care.

Ps. 102:25?In the beginning you laid the foundations of the earth,
and the heavens are the work of your hands.

Because then we begin to understand what was made at Creation including the Sabbath as well as man and woman, and instituted Marriage, to say nothing of the decoration of our world and lighting for our day and sprinkled at night, and our little friends the animals.

Last edited by Rick H; 01/15/24 02:55 PM.
Reply Quote
Re: 1st quarter, 2024 The Psalms [Re: dedication] #197277
01/18/24 04:52 AM
01/18/24 04:52 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
To realize that God created EVERYTHING, is the very foundation for understanding Who God is, and what our relationship to Him is. To acknowledge God as the creator, is to acknowledge that He is the source of all existence. We owe our very life to HIM. Without HIM we would not exist. It means that everything we see around us, from the vast galaxies to the tiniest particles, owes its origin to the divine act of creation.

Not only did God create everything, but He did so with a purpose in mind. What was that purpose? And how do we fit into that purpose? We are not here by accident. We are here by design!

Thy hands have made me and fashioned me. Psalm 119:73.

The duty to worship God is based upon the fact that He is the Creator and that to Him all other beings owe their existence. And wherever, in the Bible, His claim to reverence and worship, above the gods of the heathen, is presented, there is cited the evidence of His creative power. "All the gods of the nations are idols: but the Lord made the heavens." Psalm 96:5. "O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the Lord our Maker." Psalm 100:3; 95:6. And the holy beings who worship God in heaven state, as the reason why their homage is due to Him: "Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for Thou hast created all things." Revelation 4:11.

And Paul tells the men in Athens:
?The God who made the world and everything in it?he is Lord of heaven and earth?he does not live in shrines made by hands. Neither is he served by human hands, as though he needed anything, since he himself gives everyone life and breath and all things? (Acts 17:24-25)

The whole world view is radically different for those who believe God is the Creator of all things, from those who deny creation.

God's right to rule, is that He created, He sustains, He is the source of all life. Without God, nothing would even exist.

Reply Quote
Re: 1st quarter, 2024 The Psalms [Re: dedication] #197279
01/18/24 07:52 PM
01/18/24 07:52 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Our God Reigns!!!!

When we really grasp the fact that God created EVERYTHING and all life comes from God.
We also start to grasp the betrayal and treachery (and stupidity) of the created ones to sever themselves from the source of life, and fight against the Creator!

People often ask -- if God Reigns -- why is there so much trouble, pain, sorrow, evil, and plain wickedness in this world?

Why is understanding the reality and prevalence of the great controversy crucial in helping us understand that despite God's all powerful, undisputed right to rule, in spite of his ultimate sovereignty there is still so much turmoil in this world?

Psalms keeps giving us both sides of the battle.
The wicked rage, BUT they will not win, God is still in control.
The evil ones seem to be doing just fine, BUT their end is not good, they are going down.

The everlasting Covenant will last forever!
God's Word is sure.

Knowing that God Almighty reigns, we don't get anxious or distressed, at the evil turns society is taking.
Because we know FOR SURE, Who will win.
Our main concern is to respond to the tender call "Whoso ever will may come" and accept His forgiveness, His cleansing of our sins, and cling to Him as our Lord and Savior,

As the Sovereign King and Creator, the Lord is also the Lawgiver giver and the Judge.
While full of mercy and grace, like the 2nd commandment says, He will not clear the guilty, who refuse to come to Him.

Reply Quote
Re: 1st quarter, 2024 The Psalms [Re: dedication] #197282
01/20/24 09:11 AM
01/20/24 09:11 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Posted on ssnet was an excellent article describing the battle launched against Christ the true King of kings, and Lord of lords.
Originally Posted by Earnhart
Lucifer thinks to strip God of His authority by rendering His laws invalid. Then Lucifer thinks to set up his own government with his own set of laws. Naturally when a new government takes over, they destroy the seal of the previous government and make their own seal. The Sabbath commandment is like a seal to God's government. It has His name "The Lord." It has God's title, "Created" (Creator), and it states His jurisdiction, "the heavens and the earth. the sea and all that is within them."

Lucifer seeks to replace God's seal with a man-made Sabbath. By destroying God's law and God's seal or authority, Lucifer thinks to destroy God's government and thinks to set up his own government. Thus he thinks to achieve his goal stated in Isaiah 14:13-14.
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High

of being above God and even taking His throne. Through the man of sin in 2 Thessalonians 2:3-7,
the son of perdition;
2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
Lucifer thinks to accomplish on earth what he wanted to accomplish in heaven, and that is to get rid of God and take His place.

Revelation 19:11,16 tells us that Jesus is still Lord of lords and King of Kings.
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge ...and he has on His garments and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
Our God still reigns. Lucifer's attempt to take over has failed. God is still God. The Sabbath, God's seal is still intact. God's government has not been over thrown. God still has authority. God still reigns, and His law has never been abolished. And His law is perfect. God's law is still loved by His loyal subjects just as much as it was loved by David in Psalm 119:97 O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day .

Do you love God's law?
Source

Reply Quote
Re: 1st quarter, 2024 The Psalms [Re: dedication] #197283
01/20/24 03:59 PM
01/20/24 03:59 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Yes, God wins, we win, and Satan and his evil angels and the wicked loses, which will be determined forever at the Judgment, for God is both our Saviour and our Judge.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Reply Quote
Re: 1st quarter, 2024 The Psalms [Re: dedication] #197303
01/26/24 07:58 PM
01/26/24 07:58 PM
Rick H  Offline

Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
I like the lesson this week on God listening and acting to help,,

,The Lord Hears and Delivers
Psalm 139:1?18 (KJV)

1 O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me. 2 Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. 3 Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. 4 For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether. 5 Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. 6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.

7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? 8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. 9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; 10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. 11 If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. 12 Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee. 13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother?s womb. 14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. 15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. 16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! 18 If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.

Psalm 121:1?8 (KJV)

1 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. 2 My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. 3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. 4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. 5 The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand. 6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night. 7 The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. 8 The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

Psalm 17:8 (KJV)

8 Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings,

Matthew 23:37 (KJV)

37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Reply Quote
Re: 1st quarter, 2024 The Psalms [Re: dedication] #197380
02/05/24 04:35 AM
02/05/24 04:35 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
This week's lessons asks us to read Psalm 18.
What I saw in this Psalm is the description of the final war of the deliverance of God's people, as described in Great Controversy.
Compare the verses of Psalms 18 with GC.:

3 I called to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I have been saved from my enemies.

4 The cords of death entangled me;the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me.

5 The cords of the grave coiled around me; the snares of death confronted me.

6 In my distress I called to the Lord; I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice;
my cry came before him, into his ears.

The death degree...it is determined to strike in one night a decisive blow, which shall utterly silence the voice of dissent and reproof.
The people of God--some in prison cells, some hidden in solitary retreats in the forests and the mountains-- plead for divine protection, while in every quarter companies of armed men, urged on by hosts of evil angels, are preparing for the work of death.
It is now, in the hour of utmost extremity, that the God of Israel will interpose for the deliverance of His chosen.GC 635}

7 The earth trembled and quaked,and the foundations of the mountains shook;
they trembled because he was angry.

8 Smoke rose from his nostrils; consuming fire came from his mouth, burning coals blazed out of it.
9 He parted the heavens and came down; dark clouds were under his feet.

10 He mounted the cherubim and flew; he soared on the wings of the wind.

11 He made darkness his covering, his canopy around him?the dark rain clouds of the sky.

12 Out of the brightness of his presence clouds advanced,
with hailstones and bolts of lightning.

lo, a dense blackness, deeper than the darkness of the night, falls upon the earth. Then a rainbow, shining with the glory from the throne of God, spans the heavens and seems to encircle each praying company....The wicked look with terror and amazement upon the scene, while the righteous behold with solemn joy the tokens of their deliverance. Everything in nature seems turned out of its course. The streams cease to flow. Dark, heavy clouds come up and clash against each other....There is mighty earthquake, "such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great." The firmament appears to open and shut. The glory from the throne of God seems flashing through. The mountains shake like a reed in the wind, and ragged rocks are scattered on every side. There is a roar as of a coming tempest. The sea is lashed into fury. There is heard the shriek of a hurricane like the voice of demons upon a mission of destruction. The whole earth heaves and swells like the waves of the sea. Its surface is breaking up. Its very foundations seem to be giving way. Mountain chains are sinking. Inhabited islands disappear. The seaports that have become like Sodom for wickedness are swallowed up by the angry waters. {GC 636-637}

13 The Lord thundered from heaven; the voice of the Most High resounded 14 He shot his arrows and scattered the enemy,with great bolts of lightning he routed them.

In the midst of the angry heavens is one clear space of indescribable glory, whence comes the voice of God like the sound of many waters, saying: "It is done." Revelation 16:17.... Fierce lightnings leap from the heavens, enveloping the earth in a sheet of flame. Above the terrific roar of thunder, voices, mysterious and awful, declare the doom of the wicked. The words spoken are not comprehended by all; but they are distinctly understood by the false teachers. Those who a little before were so reckless, so boastful and defiant, so exultant in their cruelty to God's commandment-keeping people, are now overwhelmed with consternation and shuddering in fear. Their wails are heard above the sound of the elements. {GC 636-638}

16 He reached down from on high and took hold of me;
he drew me out of deep waters.

17 He rescued me from my powerful enemy,

Through a rift in the clouds there beams a star whose brilliancy is increased fourfold in contrast with the darkness. It speaks hope and joy to the faithful, but severity and wrath to the transgressors of God's law. Those who have sacrificed all for Christ are now secure, hidden as in the secret of the Lord's pavilion. {GC 638}

[

Reply Quote
Re: 1st quarter, 2024 The Psalms [Re: dedication] #197383
02/06/24 02:50 AM
02/06/24 02:50 AM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
David sure went through some pretty rough times! I can see why he felt this way. I'm sure many more have felt this over the years. Fast forward to Jesus.

It is quite probable that it does describe how we will feel during the Time of Trouble and God's rescue.

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Reply Quote
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!