HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,619
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Nadi, 2 invisible), 3,409 guests, and 22 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Pray for God's will in my job search #18462
05/27/05 11:55 AM
05/27/05 11:55 AM
Angie Street  Offline OP
Michigan
Hello all. I am here again to ask for prayer, again. It seems like Satan is really getting tough with me. I don't know how many of you know that I have been working at Whirlpool. This was through a temp agency and Whirlpool decided, unexpectedly, last Tuesday, to end my assignment, effective last Friday. I have been searching for another job, which is not going so well. I don't know if God plans for me to be home for the summer with my kids or if He has another plan for me. Whatever His plan is, please pray for His will. I would like to go back to work, but if He doesn't want me to, well, what can I do to argue with that? So, I am just asking that you pray for God's will in this situation. I know I am and my family is, as well. Thank you, God bless and I hope all of you have a wonderful Sabbath!

Re: Pray for God's will in my job search #18463
05/27/05 04:31 PM
05/27/05 04:31 PM
debbie  Offline
Dedicated Member
USA
Angie, if you have children at home, I believe if you can financially do it, you should probably stay home with them.

I loved having my mother at home when I was growing up. It never failed if I had a problem at school or playing with friends, I always knew she was close by to talk to about it. Those things can be so important to children. My mother was the center of my life.

Even when I was a teen, for a short while, my mother worked to help pay for my Academy bill. I also worked and can remember trying to work extra hours so my mother wouldn't have to work--that is how much I loved having her at home. She baked bread and cooked such wonderful things and was the center of keeping our family together.

So I chose to stay home with my children. I'm so glad that I did. Pray about it and study to find out what God might say on that subject in His Word and in the Spirit of Prophecy.

Re: Pray for God's will in my job search #18464
05/27/05 06:40 PM
05/27/05 06:40 PM
S
Stephanie Suranyi  Offline
Charter Member
near Chicago, IL , USA
I agree, but, one thing in her situation. Financially, it would be difficult because her husband is unable to work. But, it is possible that God is saying stay home for now......

Re: Pray for God's will in my job search #18465
05/29/05 07:53 PM
05/29/05 07:53 PM
Gerry Buck  Offline
Charter Member
Very Dedicated Member
Benton Harbor, Mi.
Whatever He has, it is far better than anything we could imagine or ask.
Father, please give your daughter the strength and trust she needs at this time.
We know You want only thje best for us, and we know You will never fail us.
Thank You for whatever You have chosen for Angie, help her to be ready for it when You reveal it.
Thank You in the name of our Precious Saviour and big brother, Jesus,
Amen

Re: Pray for God's will in my job search #18466
06/01/05 01:21 PM
06/01/05 01:21 PM
Angie Street  Offline OP
Michigan
Thanks, dad. I really needed that today. Right now, I am clinging with all my might to Jeremiah 29:11-12, " 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.' " I was reading a book the morning before I went to work and was told I was losing my job. I couldn't quite finish the book before I left, even tho I tried. Well, I finished reading the book that night as my kids were going to sleep. That verse was in that book. Not only that, but the next 3 books I have read since then, have also had that verse in it. I know God has given me this verse to cling to. Let me tell you, I'm doing just that. I don't have a choice, even if I didn't want to have that verse, which I definitely do, it's everywhere, I can't get away from it! I don't pick the books I read based on verses in it, they have to capture my attention and these are the books that God has caused to capture my attention.

Debbie, I would love nothing better than to stay home with my kids and raise them as a stay-at-home mom, but we just purchased a home, which is costing us $550.00 a month, we have a car payment of $240.00 a month, plus utilities and other necessities, like food, clothing and gas for our car. I just don't see us being able to make it with just my husband's disability. I know, God's math is much different than ours. He has shown us that many times. He has always carried us, esp. thru hard times. We seem to have a lot of those... I am just waiting for God to show me the job He wants me to have. And praying, a lot. [Smile]

Re: Pray for God's will in my job search #18467
06/09/05 12:48 PM
06/09/05 12:48 PM
Angie Street  Offline OP
Michigan
Well, yesterday, I called the unemployment office to find out if I am going to receive unemployment benefits, and I was told that because I was technically fired from my job, it could be 6 to 8 weeks before I get the benefits, if I get them then. The reason I was let go is because I told them that I was stressed in my position and asked if there was a less stressful position I could take, they tried to find one for me, but they couldn't, so they ended my assignment. Please, remember me in your prayers. I am feeling downhearted at this time. I still know and am firmly holding onto the belief that God has a plan for me, I just need reassurance. Thank you all.

Re: Pray for God's will in my job search #18468
06/13/05 01:38 AM
06/13/05 01:38 AM
Sarah Moss  Offline
Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Angie, that is one of my favourite verses as well. Sometimes life just seems to keep throwing lemons at you. The enemy attacks, but God provides.

Lord, please bless Angie & her family. She needs you right now to lead her and guide her in her decisions, this is a huge one! Please, provide for their family, ensure all the bills are paid, the debts are covered and food is in the cupboards. The world's resources are in Your storehouses, please shower upon Angie's family all that they need.

Thank you! In Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Pray for God's will in my job search #18469
06/13/05 02:20 AM
06/13/05 02:20 AM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
[Pray or Praying or Prayer] I want to add my "amen" to Sarah's prayer. [Pray or Praying or Prayer]

Re: Pray for God's will in my job search #18470
06/13/05 06:45 PM
06/13/05 06:45 PM
Angie Street  Offline OP
Michigan
Well, I have an interview at the county courthouse on Thursday. I applied for a court clerk position. I don't know what the pay is, but I imagine it is pretty good. Please pray for this interview. I'm nervous. [Frown] I always seem to stumble when I am in an interview. But, most of all, pray for God's will for this interview. I know that if He wants me here, it will happen.

Re: Pray for God's will in my job search #18471
06/17/05 05:57 PM
06/17/05 05:57 PM
Angie Street  Offline OP
Michigan
Well, I have a feeling that God answered our prayers for this interview with a big "no." The interview went, well, let's just say not so good. I stumbled, bumbled and just didn't make a good impression. Wasn't much I could do, when they asked me a question, I had to think of an answer and I said "um" a whole lot more than I wanted to. I hate that word! Also, I found out that this position is more stressful than my previous job, from which I was let go... I doubt that they will call me for a second interview and even if they do... I don't know that I will take it. The stress of my previous job was coming home with me and affecting my family life. I was yelling at my kids more often and I was always mad at my husband... Not the sort of family life I want, at all. Please continue praying for me, maybe there will be another position at the courthouse or other state buildings that I could handle. Either way, I only want God's will in th is. It isn't worth it to have a job if it isn't what God wants me to be doing. I'll just have to wait and see.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:07 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!