HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,596
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, 1 invisible), 3,202 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 19 1 2 3 4 18 19
Re: Whose are we? #10131
09/12/03 05:17 AM
09/12/03 05:17 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Thank you. But can you name any other church that is proclaiming the truth about the sabbath, the sanctuary, the three angels' messages, and the mark of the beast? All of which are waymarks of the remnant church since 1844.

The remnant is not without a history. It began with Jesus and led up to 1844 and now beyond. Whatever unfulfilled prophecies meant to remnant believers before 1844 is not as relevant as what they mean to remnant believers today. Testing truths have progressed since the Dark Ages to include the 27 fundamental doctrines.

It wasn't until after the Great Disappointment that they got it completely right (i.e., the truths listed above). None of this means people who still have it wrong will never come out of Babylon and join God's remnant believers. Many will come and many will go - the great two way exodus just before human probation closes.

Re: Whose are we? #10132
09/12/03 01:54 PM
09/12/03 01:54 PM
S
Steve Claborn  Offline
Alabama
Mike,
You are missing my point, (or maybe I haven't made it yet) a group cannot say "we are the remnant" because they don't know how many people on this globe are worshipping God and are His. Our saying that we are the remnant is just like Elijah telling God, "Lord I am the last one," and God telling Elijah, you are wrong, there are 7000 who haven't kneeled to Baal......

Doctrinal positions cannot save, and last time I checked, just because someone belonged to a church was no guarantee that they are saved either..... God saves individually.... so no matter how much we wish to brag about being the right church, with the truth, if our relationship with God is nonexistent, we will have missed the boat........

Re: Whose are we? #10133
09/13/03 04:21 PM
09/13/03 04:21 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Steve, thank you for clarifying your point. And I agree with you that church membership doesn't save us. I'm sorry if my words implied such a thing. However, as you said earlier, there has been a remnant church since apostolic times. And as truth has unfolded and expanded so has the message and mission of the remnant church.

I have attempted to define the message and mission of the remnant church since the passing of 1844, but my words have failed to convey my intentions. Would you agree that the remnant church is the depository of present truth, the testing truths for the final generation of mankind? If so, where might one find this church today? is it the SDA church? By church I don't mean its hot or lukewarm members, rather I'm referring specifically its message and mission.

Re: Whose are we? #10134
09/13/03 05:33 PM
09/13/03 05:33 PM
S
Steve Claborn  Offline
Alabama
Mike wrote, "I have attempted to define the message and mission of the remnant church since the passing of 1844, but my words have failed to convey my intentions. Would you agree that the remnant church is the depository of present truth, the testing truths for the final generation of mankind? If so, where might one find this church today? is it the SDA church? By church I don't mean its hot or lukewarm members, rather I'm referring specifically its message and mission. "

Mike thanks for the response. I do not agree with your basic premise, that being, that the "remnant" can be readily identified. Consequently I do not agree that the remnant church is the depository of present truth, or that there is a identifiable "remnant church." As I stated earlier, we may be able to say we believe we are part of God's remnant church, but ultimately God and only God knows exactly who the remnant church is comprised of.

The problem I have with our "remnant" theology is that fact that it is exclusionary. We cannot know who is and who is not following God. The parable of the wheats and tares illustrates this point. EGW in Christ Object Lessons points out that we don't know who is who and that if we were to try to separate wheat from tare, we would remove the very one that God has put in the church. The other problem with our "remnant" theology is that it shifts the focus from Jesus the author and perfector of our faith and places it on what qualifies a church as being the remnant. Eventually those members of that church believe that they have a monopoly on truth, and that they are superior because of their "status." That mentality leads to arrogance, much like the Jews in Jesus' day exhibited....just my thoughts...

Re: Whose are we? #10135
09/13/03 08:13 PM
09/13/03 08:13 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Steve, the following passages seem to speak to the issues you raised. Apparently the truth is important. Is it possible that no one church has been entrusted with the truth?

John
8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, [then] are ye my disciples indeed;
8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Matthew
15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching [for] doctrines the commandments of men.

2 Thessalonians
2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Jude
1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort [you] that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Galatians
1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any [man] preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Revelation
22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

Re: Whose are we? #10136
09/13/03 09:21 PM
09/13/03 09:21 PM
S
Steve Claborn  Offline
Alabama
Mike,
It is my belief that no one church has been entrusted with "all" the truth.... In fact if one church had "all" the truth would make that church equal to God, for only God has all the truth....

Re: Whose are we? #10137
09/13/03 09:24 PM
09/13/03 09:24 PM
Darius  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Lowe:
Is it possible that no one church has been entrusted with the truth?

You have the words. I pray God you get the strength to straighten that question mark into an explanation point and turn the question into a statement of fact.

Re: Whose are we? #10138
09/13/03 09:32 PM
09/13/03 09:32 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Wasn't Israel once the repository of all the truth that God chose to reveal to this world at that time?

Re: Whose are we? #10139
09/13/03 10:03 PM
09/13/03 10:03 PM
S
Steve Claborn  Offline
Alabama
Daryl,
We have no preserved record of how God dealt with His other children throughout the world. For example we now know that there was sabbath keeping among some of the tribes in Africa who lived during the same time as ancient Israel. Who knows what God revealed to the Native Americans on this continent, or elsewhere. Thus I cannot say with certainty that God entrusted all the truth with Israel....

Re: Whose are we? #10140
09/15/03 08:56 PM
09/15/03 08:56 PM
Darius  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Claborn:
Thus I cannot say with certainty that God entrusted all the truth with Israel....

I believe that Israel had the best revelation of the truth about God, but their performance when Christ arrived demonstrates that they did not correctly understand all that was revealed to them. We all see through a glass darkly.

It begins to worry me how much of the Bible we have ignored. We ignore Paul when he says that Eve was deceived. We also ignore him when he says we see through a glass darkly. We ignore Moses when he says that Eve was not created when the command was given. We don't even realise that our doctrines on salvation ignore Moses when he says God created all in the beginning. In essence, we are teaching as doctrine the commandments of men.

Page 2 of 19 1 2 3 4 18 19

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!