HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,597
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, 1 invisible), 3,182 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: The Minds of God's Messengers #10337
09/23/03 02:57 PM
09/23/03 02:57 PM
Larry Kirkpatrick  Offline
Pastor
Veteran Member
Highland, CA, USA
I gave my opinion. I gave my basis. Your posts are available for anyone who wants to sort through them. They can make their own evaluation. What I did was for the board. I showed their was a dissenting opinion. In some places, I have pointed out some of your problems. I am disinclined to react to all of your claims concerning my reasoning powers or my conclusions. I see what you are by the words of your posts. This is sufficient for me. Out there on the internet horizon all of us from time to time meet poersons that are misguided stones rolling through the darkness of their own night, endeavoring to spread that darkness to others. My prayer for you is that such would not be your experience or the experience of those with whom you bring your brain into contact. Others are journeying into the kingdom and far be it from thee to take away the key of knowledge and restrict others who are coming. May God have mercy upon you.

Re: The Minds of God's Messengers #10338
09/24/03 03:00 AM
09/24/03 03:00 AM
Darius  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Kirkpatrick:
I see what you are by the words of your posts. This is sufficient for me.

It was also sufficient for the Jewish leaders that they saw Christ as being Baalzebub. Big deal. Come now, let us reason together. God gave you the capacity to reason because He expects you to use it. I have no problem with my views being challenged; I am well able to defend them, or amend them if necessary.

Re: The Minds of God's Messengers #10339
09/24/03 03:42 AM
09/24/03 03:42 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Darius, do you believe God used the mind and mouth of Paul to declare the truth as it is in Jesus? and what about Moses, David, Isaiah and Daniel, etc? Sadly, I already know what you believe about Sister White.

You strongly advocate and argue ideas that contradict certain inspired authors, and to support your ideas you say that they simply got it wrong, and then to defend their office and calling you say all manner of things to excuse their confused conclusions.

Re: The Minds of God's Messengers #10340
09/23/03 04:24 PM
09/23/03 04:24 PM
Darius  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Lowe:
Darius, do you believe God used the mind and mouth of Paul to declare the truth as it is in Jesus? and what about Moses, David, Isaiah and Daniel, etc? Sadly, I already know what you believe about Sister White.

If it is sad to believe that she was human then that's too bad. None of the writers in the Bible had problems with their humanity, nor did EGW. If you wish to view in a light she personally decried that's your choice. You can try all you wish to push me into a box of your own construction, it will not work. "We see through a glass darkly." That was Paul, but you don't accept that as truth, do you?
quote:

You strongly advocate and argue ideas that contradict certain inspired authors, and to support your ideas you say that they simply got it wrong, and then to defend their office and calling you say all manner of things to excuse their confused conclusions.

What is "all manner of things?" Stop dropping innuendo. If you wish to conduct a discussion let us be open and transparent. I am not about to deny what is clearly the truth, that the call to the office of prophet did not grant infallibility to that individual. Nor, as Larry attempted to say, did it make that person my authority. The only authority for me it the author of my life and faith. Period.

Re: The Minds of God's Messengers #10341
09/23/03 04:58 PM
09/23/03 04:58 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Darius, when we're talking about the Bible we're talking about the word of God. Here's what the Bible says about the word of God:

Proverbs
30:5 Every word of God [is] pure: he [is] a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Mark
7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Luke
4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.
11:28 But he said, Yea rather, blessed [are] they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

2 Peter
1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake [as they were] moved by the Holy Ghost.

Acts
4:31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.
11:1 And the apostles and brethren that were in Judaea heard that the Gentiles had also received the word of God.
13:44 And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.
18:11 And he continued [there] a year and six months, teaching the word of God among them.
19:20 So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed.

Romans
10:17 So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

1 Corinthians
14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

2 Corinthians
2:17 For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

Colossains
1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
1:26 [Even] the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
1:27 To whom God would make known what [is] the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:
1:29 Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

1 Thessalonians
2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received [it] not [as] the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

Hebrews
4:12 For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of [their] conversation.

1 Peter
1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Re: The Minds of God's Messengers #10342
09/24/03 06:47 AM
09/24/03 06:47 AM
Darius  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Lowe:
Darius, when we're talking about the Bible we're talking about the word of God. Here's what the Bible says about the word of God:

Proverbs
30:5 Every word of God [is] pure: he [is] a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

You have erroneously set up an identity statement between THE Word of God and the Bible. That position is a bankrupt as the claim of biblical inerrancy. No one who truly understands the history of the canon can make these claims.

Re: The Minds of God's Messengers #10343
09/25/03 01:31 PM
09/25/03 01:31 PM
Avalee  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Kirkpatrick:
The difference between Martin Luther and Ellen White is simple. One was used of God but not as a prophet, the other was used of God but as a prophet. Their offices were different, God's object in using them different. The counsel of one prophetically inspired is guarded by the Holy Spirit in a manner in which the counsel of the non-prophet is not. Therefore to compare the work of Luther to White is to compare different categories, apples to oranges. God's purpose is manifest as God designs.

Amen Pastor Kirkpatrick. You have explained this very well. Praise God for your willingness to stand for truth.

Re: The Minds of God's Messengers #10344
09/25/03 01:54 PM
09/25/03 01:54 PM
Darius  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
quote:
Originally posted by Avalee:
Amen Pastor Kirkpatrick. You have explained this very well. Praise God for your willingness to stand for truth.

Since you agree with Larry, would you mind telling us where you have personally gleaned this idea that there is a difference between prophetic inspiration and other kinds of inspiration? The fact that two people agree says nothing about the validity of their ideas.

Re: The Minds of God's Messengers #10345
09/26/03 05:12 PM
09/26/03 05:12 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
The Bible contains the word of God. Thank you Jesus!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!