HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,629
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, Nadi, 2 invisible), 2,967 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Will we continue to sin till we die.? [Re: Rick H] #103287
09/29/08 03:36 AM
09/29/08 03:36 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
The obedience that Christ rendered, God requires from human beings today. (COL 282)

Those only who through faith in Christ obey all of God’s commandments will reach the condition of sinlessness in which Adam lived before his transgression. They testify to their love of Christ by obeying all His precepts. (6BC 1118)

“If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land: but if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword." These words are true. Exact obedience is required, and those who say that it is not possible to live a perfect life throw upon God the imputation of injustice and untruth. (1MR 369)

The tempter's agency is not to be accounted an excuse for one wrong act. Satan is jubilant when he hears the professed followers of Christ making excuses for their deformity of character. It is these excuses that lead to sin. There is no excuse for sinning. A holy temper, a Christlike life, is accessible to every repenting, believing child of God. {DA 311}

Let no one say, I cannot remedy my defects of character. If you come to this decision, you will certainly fail of obtaining everlasting life. The impossibility lies in your own will. If you will not, then you can not overcome. The real difficulty arises from the corruption of an unsanctified heart, and an unwillingness to submit to the control of God. {COL 331.2}

The commandments of God are exceeding broad, and the Lord is not pleased to have His children disorderly, to have their lives marred by defects and their religious experience crippled, their growth in grace dwarfed, because they persist in cherishing hereditary and cultivated deficiencies in wrong habits that will be imitated by others and thus be perpetuated. If the grace of Christ cannot remedy these defects, what then constitutes transformation of character? {TMK 157.4}

Re: Will we continue to sin till we die.? [Re: Mountain Man] #103288
09/29/08 07:13 AM
09/29/08 07:13 AM
S
scott  Offline
Wyoming, USA
Hey MM,

If Jesus was telling the truth when he said that we would be judged by the same criteria we set for others then you might want to lighten up a little! You could be in real trouble!

scott

Re: Will we continue to sin till we die.? [Re: scott] #103290
09/29/08 03:23 PM
09/29/08 03:23 PM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Did Jesus set up a standard other than "turn from your evil ways and live"? Does Jesus require something other than obeying His teachings?

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: Will we continue to sin till we die.? [Re: asygo] #103292
09/29/08 03:38 PM
09/29/08 03:38 PM
S
scott  Offline
Wyoming, USA
 Originally Posted By: asygo
Did Jesus set up a standard other than "turn from your evil ways and live"? Does Jesus require something other than obeying His teachings?

Does Jesus turn the other cheek or does He keep a record of all wrongs to make sure He gets His ounce of flesh for every violation against Him. Does Jesus say, "You slap me in the cheek and I'll not hit you back right now, but I've got a big club I'll get you with later called eternal death! You'll get what you got coming to you"?

Does 1 Corinthians 13 tell us that love keeps no record of wrongs?

scott

Re: Will we continue to sin till we die.? [Re: scott] #103307
09/29/08 07:05 PM
09/29/08 07:05 PM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
 Originally Posted By: scott

Does Jesus turn the other cheek or does He keep a record of all wrongs to make sure He gets His ounce of flesh for every violation against Him. Does Jesus say, "You slap me in the cheek and I'll not hit you back right now, but I've got a big club I'll get you with later called eternal death! You'll get what you got coming to you"?

Does 1 Corinthians 13 tell us that love keeps no record of wrongs?

scott

Does Jesus teach that we should keep turning the other cheek because He can't get Scott to stop slapping people? Or does He teach that if Scott starts loving Him, he will also start loving His creatures and stop slapping them?

Jesus teaches forgiveness. He also teaches repentance. He also teaches confessing and forsaking our sins. He teaches the slappee to turn the other cheek, as He teaches the slapper to stop slapping.

Tom says you believe that obedience is a good thing. Why can't you get yourself to agree that Jesus teaches us to obey? Rather, your posts tend toward the "disobey and still live" teaching. I'm not convinced that Tom understands your teaching, because his claims on that point contradict your words.

Love keeps no record of wrongs. Is that because love ignores the wrongs? Or is it because love corrects the wrongs? I believe the latter.

What about you? What kind of love is it that you believe in? Love that is blind, or love that transforms?

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: Will we continue to sin till we die.? [Re: asygo] #103309
09/29/08 07:22 PM
09/29/08 07:22 PM
S
scott  Offline
Wyoming, USA
Hi Arnold,

I believe that love keeps no record of wrongs and that the goodness we see in Jesus reveals that love which has the power to transform our lives.

The threat of the club doesn't have the power to make us obedient!

You can command love until the cows come home, but it won't change the heart.

Obedience under duress is not obedience at all!

scott

Re: Will we continue to sin till we die.? [Re: scott] #103311
09/29/08 07:46 PM
09/29/08 07:46 PM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
I believe that love keeps no record of wrongs and that the goodness we see in Jesus reveals that love which has the power to transform our lives.

Is a transformed life a disobedient life? In my system of belief, transformation and obedience always go together.

The threat of the club doesn't have the power to make us obedient!

Then why is it that you always link obedience with the proverbial club? Of all the people active here, you seem to be the one looking at the club most often.

You can command love until the cows come home, but it won't change the heart.

Here's God's promise:
 Quote:
Ezekiel 36:25-27
Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.

The need of a change of heart is old hat to God, and to those who study the OT. Only dispensationalists and poor scholars think this is a new invention.

But it seems that somewhere in the translation, something was lost. In the OT version, receiving a new heart and spirit from God always included His promise to "cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them."

True. And disobedience with a smile and warm fuzzies is still disobedience.

By God's grace,
Arnold

Re: Will we continue to sin till we die.? [Re: scott] #103312
09/29/08 07:59 PM
09/29/08 07:59 PM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA

In your idea of Jesus, does he want you to stop sinning before you die, and does He have to power to make it happen?

By God's grace,
Arnold

Re: Will we continue to sin till we die.? [Re: asygo] #103317
09/29/08 11:00 PM
09/29/08 11:00 PM
S
scott  Offline
Wyoming, USA

In your idea of Jesus, does he want you to stop sinning before you die, and does He have to power to make it happen?

Hi Arnold,

Have you ever met a man that has stopped sinning? When I meet one I'll change my theology.

God has this life and 1000 years after this life to heal us from the devastation of sin before He integrates earthlings fully into the rest of His heavenly family. Only a few misguided Adventist expect to see a generation of sinless individuals before the 2nd coming and they don’t get this idea from any good biblical exegesis I’ve seen.

Our righteousness is in Christ. Perfection is a Greek concept, but maturity is a Hebrew concept. We are perfect at any stage of development just like a baby is perfect even though he messes his pants and can't understand quantum physics. Perfection is a journey with God not a journey too God. In God’s kingdom if you aren’t perfect right now you aren’t saved. If you aren’t growing in Christ, maturing through His Spirit, you aren’t born again!

Of course Christ has the power to give us a frontal lobotomy and kill the natural man, but He chooses to take sin away one step at a time as we give it up. God is patient! God isn't the problem, we are! He transforms us through a natural process that we are involved in through our free will. Until the day God completes His work in us He doesn't hold our sins against us and considers us perfect in His love.

scott

Re: Will we continue to sin till we die.? [Re: scott] #103324
09/29/08 11:45 PM
09/29/08 11:45 PM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA

Hi Arnold,

Have you ever met a man that has stopped sinning? When I meet one I'll change my theology.

Why is your theology guided by sight? We live by faith, not by sight.

God has this life and 1000 years after this life to heal us from the devastation of sin before He integrates earthlings fully into the rest of His heavenly family.

Does it take that long to follow Jesus?

Of course Christ has the power to give us a frontal lobotomy and kill the natural man, but He chooses to take sin away one step at a time as we give it up.

So what are your answers to my two questions? You wrote a lot of response, but no answer. If I try to interpret it, you and Tom will probably say I'm wrong and not understanding what you said. Why not just speak clearly and settle it? Yes, no, I don't know, maybe; take your pick.

By God's grace,
Arnold

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!