HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,628
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, Nadi, 3 invisible), 3,109 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 22 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 21 22
Re: Does the legal aspect of imputed righteousness make sense under the Christus Victor model? [Re: Mountain Man] #105051
11/23/08 04:33 PM
11/23/08 04:33 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Tom, you did not adequately refute Rosangela's point. The quotes she posted plainly spell out the truth. Ellen makes it crystal clear that one of the reasons Jesus suffered and died on the cross was to pay our sin debt of death, to satisfy the just and loving demands of law and justice. "In the plan of redemption there must be the shedding of blood, for death must come in consequence of man's sin. {Con 21.3}

“Christ died because there was no other hope for the transgressor. He might try to keep God's law in the future; but the debt which he had incurred in the past remained, and the law must condemn him to death. Christ came to pay that debt for the sinner which it was impossible for him to pay for himself. Thus, through the atoning sacrifice of Christ, sinful man was granted another trial.” {RH, March 8, 1881 par. 4}

"In Christ we are as if we had suffered the penalty we have incurred. In Christ I am as if I had obeyed, and rendered perfect obedience to the law, which we can not perfectly obey without Christ imparts to us His merits and His righteousness. {PUR, September 4, 1913 par. 3}

"God will soon vindicate His justice before the universe. His justice requires that sin shall be punished; His mercy grants that sin shall be pardoned through repentance and confession. {UL 49.5}

"Justice demands that sin be not merely pardoned, but the death penalty must be executed. God, in the gift of His only-begotten Son, met both these requirements. By dying in man's stead, Christ exhausted the penalty and provided a pardon. {AG 139.2}

Re: Does the legal aspect of imputed righteousness make sense under the Christus Victor model? [Re: Mountain Man] #105105
11/25/08 01:06 AM
11/25/08 01:06 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
MM, if the explanation you are suggesting were true, how do you explain the fact that God offered Lucifer pardon for his sin?

Quote:
Satan had excited sympathy in his favor by representing that God had dealt unjustly with him in bestowing supreme honor upon Christ. Before he was sentenced to banishment from Heaven, his course was with convincing clearness shown to be wrong, and he was granted an opportunity to confess his sin, and submit to God's authority as just and righteous.(4SP 319)

He was granted an opportunity to "confess his sin." Had he done so, he would have been forgiven. How is this possible?

I think the bottom line of our differences comes down to seeing sin as basically innocuous, as opposed to something deadly from which we must be healed or saved from.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Does the legal aspect of imputed righteousness make sense under the Christus Victor model? [Re: Tom] #105137
11/25/08 05:21 PM
11/25/08 05:21 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Tom, once you again you didn't address Rosangela's point. Citing Lucifer's case is comparing apples and oranges. It proves nothing. The case of angels and the case of humans are so different nothing can be learned about the plan of salvation by comparing the two. God did offer to redeem or ransom Lucifer. No plan existed to save angels who sinned. Yet you keep insisting the angels sinned and that God was willing to pardon them on condition of repentance. But the opposite is true. Listen:

But even as a sinner, man was in a different position from that of Satan. Lucifer in heaven had sinned in the light of God's glory. To him as to no other created being was given a revelation of God's love. Understanding the character of God, knowing His goodness, Satan chose to follow his own selfish, independent will. This choice was final. There was no more that God could do to save him. But man was deceived; his mind was darkened by Satan's sophistry. The height and depth of the love of God he did not know. For him there was hope in a knowledge of God's love. By beholding His character he might be drawn back to God. {DA 761.5}

Good angels wept to hear the words of Satan and his exulting boasts. God declared that the rebellious should remain in heaven no longer. Their high and happy state had been held upon condition of obedience to the law which God had given to govern the high order of intelligences. But no provision had been made to save those who should venture to transgress His law. Satan grew bold in his rebellion, and expressed his contempt of the Creator's law. {SR 18.2}

Re: Does the legal aspect of imputed righteousness make sense under the Christus Victor model? [Re: Mountain Man] #105148
11/25/08 08:50 PM
11/25/08 08:50 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
Tom, once you again you didn't address Rosangela's point. Citing Lucifer's case is comparing apples and oranges. It proves nothing. The case of angels and the case of humans are so different nothing can be learned about the plan of salvation by comparing the two.

I don't know why you would assert this. I disagree. The Plan of Salvation involved both men and angels. The same issues were involved for both:

Quote:
Sin originated in self-seeking. Lucifer, the covering cherub, desired to be first in heaven. He sought to gain control of heavenly beings, to draw them away from their Creator, and to win their homage to himself. Therefore he misrepresented God,
attributing to Him the desire for self-exaltation. With his own evil characteristics he sought to invest the loving Creator. Thus he deceived angels. Thus he deceived men.(DA 21)

Quote:
No plan existed to save angels who sinned. Yet you keep insisting the angels sinned and that God was willing to pardon them on condition of repentance.

I'm not "insisting" on anything other than what I quoted from Ellen White.

Quote:
Satan had excited sympathy in his favor by representing that God had dealt unjustly with him in bestowing supreme honor upon Christ. Before he was sentenced to banishment from Heaven, his course was with convincing clearness shown to be wrong, and he was granted an opportunity to confess his sin, and submit to God's authority as just and righteous.(4SP 319)

God offered Lucifer pardon for his sin. That's what this says.

Quote:
God, in his great mercy, bore long with Lucifer. He was not immediately degraded from his exalted station when he first indulged the spirit of discontent, nor even when he began to present his false claims before the loyal angels. Long was he retained in Heaven. Again and again he was offered pardon, on condition of repentance and submission.(GC 495, 496)

This as well.

Quote:
There was no more that God could do to save him. But man was deceived; his mind was darkened by Satan's sophistry. The height and depth of the love of God he did not know. For him there was hope in a knowledge of God's love. By beholding His character he might be drawn back to God. {DA 761.5}

This is exactly the point I've been making. Man was deceived in regards to God's character, so there was hope for him to repent once he knew the truth. Hence Christ's sacrifice (which should be understood as His entire experience with us as one of us in the flesh). By the revelation of God, man could be set right with God. This was his "whole mission."

Since Satan knew God's character, and chose to rebel anyway, nothing more could be done. There would be no point for the sacrifice of Christ for him, so it is never mentioned in the context of his being pardoned. However, before his final decision to cast himself against God, he was offered pardon. Since he knew God's character, the sacrifice of Christ wasn't necessary, proving that Christ's death is necessary for the one who needs pardon, not the one who is giving it.

Regarding this statement:

Quote:
But no provision had been made to save those who should venture to transgress His law.

this is true for both man and angel.

Quote:
Provision is made for the repenting sinner, so that by faith in the atonement of the only begotten Son of God, he may receive forgiveness of sin, find justification, receive adoption into the heavenly family, and become an inheritor of the kingdom of God.(RH 9/17/95)

This is the same provision for both man and angel. There's no difference. A repentant sinner can and will be forgiven, but there is no provision for transgressing the law of God.

Quote:
But while God can be just, and yet justify the sinner through the merits of Christ, no man can cover his soul with the garments of Christ's righteousness while practicing known sins or neglecting known duties.(FW 100)

At any rate, your quote isn't dealing with an issue I've even discussed. I've said nothing whatever about the cases of the angels following Satan. I've only referred to Lucifer's situation.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Does the legal aspect of imputed righteousness make sense under the Christus Victor model? [Re: Tom] #105154
11/25/08 10:44 PM
11/25/08 10:44 PM
Rosangela  Offline OP
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
Regarding this statement:

But no provision had been made to save those who should venture to transgress His law.

No. Man ventured to transgress God's law, but there was provision for him. Angels ventured to transgress God's law, and there was no provision for them.

“In the council of heaven provision was made that man, though a transgressor, should not perish in his disobedience.” {Messenger, April 12, 1893 par. 2}

Re: Does the legal aspect of imputed righteousness make sense under the Christus Victor model? [Re: Rosangela] #105201
11/26/08 06:25 PM
11/26/08 06:25 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Tom, I agree with Rosangela. You say Lucifer transgressed the law before he openly rebelled and that God was willing to pardon his sin without requiring the subtitutionary death of Jesus. Then you go on to say this proves Jesus did not die to pay our sin debt of death. You also say God withdrew the offer after Lucifer openly rebelled. However, your comparison is unsupported. A&E openly rebelled, yet God offered to pardon and save them. You seem willing to acknowledge there are significant differences between angels and humans but ignore them when they conflict with your view. Lucifer committed the unpardonable sin the first time he sinned. Remember, no provision existed to save angels. They had long ago passed the point of sinning with impunity.

Since humans can reach a point in their relationship to God that they can no longer sin with impunity it stands to reason Lucifer reached that point before his first sin. The fact God was willing to pardon and reinstate Lucifer without requiring the death of Jesus clearly indicates he had not yet sinned. Pardon has never been granted without the death of Jesus. Nor has pardon ever been granted in cases involving the unpardonable sin. Again, Lucifer and the evil angels committed the unpardonable sin the first time they sinned. The same is not true of A&E and the rest of the human race.

Re: Does the legal aspect of imputed righteousness make sense under the Christus Victor model? [Re: Mountain Man] #105239
11/27/08 07:10 AM
11/27/08 07:10 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
T:Regarding this statement:

R:No.

Yes. God is not a respecter of persons.

Quote:
Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him. (Acts 10:34, 35)

This principle is true for all persons, whether human or angelic.

Quote:
R:Man ventured to transgress God's law, but there was provision for him. Angels ventured to transgress God's law, and there was no provision for them.

“In the council of heaven provision was made that man, though a transgressor, should not perish in his disobedience.” {Messenger, April 12, 1893 par. 2}

Later on in this same quote she writes:

Quote:
But God willeth not the misery of any one of his creatures; it is his desire that none should be lost, but all should come to repentance and to the acknowledging of the truth.

Angels are God's creatures too. Therefore God did not desire their misery any more than man's, and was just as desirous that they should come to repentance and acknowledge the truth as He was and is for man.

The fact that angels were not saved has nothing whatsoever to do with God! God loves angels as much as man. It wasn't an arbitrary decision on God's part to treat angels one way and man another that led to angels being lost, but it was the decision of the angels themselves to refuse to repent that led to their being lost.

The difference in the case of angels and men is not God! God does not change. His love and desire for salvation is the same for all His creatures.

Quote:
M:You say Lucifer transgressed the law before he openly rebelled and that God was willing to pardon his sin without requiring the substitutionary death of Jesus.

No, this isn't correct. I said that God offered Lucifer pardon for his sin, and that Christ did not die to enable God to do so. I've cited the following of proof of this:

Quote:
Before he was sentenced to banishment from Heaven, his course was with convincing clearness shown to be wrong, and he was granted an opportunity to confess his sin, and submit to God's authority as just and righteous.(4SP 319)

Quote:
Then you go on to say this proves Jesus did not die to pay our sin debt of death.

No, this isn't correct either. MM, I think you would be better off quoting me. I've asked you to do this many times. I've never said what you are alleging here.

What I've said is that your view of Ellen White's writings is not correct because if it were then the same logic you are applying to man would apply to Lucifer's case, in which case God could not have offered Lucifer pardon without Christ's having died. But God did offer Lucifer pardon "again and again," so therefore your view is incorrect.

Quote:
You also say God withdrew the offer after Lucifer openly rebelled.

No, this is incorrect too. I've never said this. Please quote things I've actually said. I'm dumbfounded to see you assert one thing after another regarding what I've said that are just flat out wrong. I've never said what you're alleging here.

Quote:
However, your comparison is unsupported.A&E openly rebelled, yet God offered to pardon and save them. You seem willing to acknowledge there are significant differences between angels and humans

I'm the one who pointed out to you these differences. I've cited DA 761 over and over again to establish this point:

Quote:
But even as a sinner, man was in a different position from that of Satan. Lucifer in heaven had sinned in the light of God's glory. To him as to no other created being was given a revelation of God's love. Understanding the character of God, knowing His goodness, Satan chose to follow his own selfish, independent will. This choice was final. There was no more that God could do to save him. But man was deceived; his mind was darkened by Satan's sophistry. The height and depth of the love of God he did not know. For him there was hope in a knowledge of God's love. By beholding His character he might be drawn back to God.

To say I "seem willing" to acknowledge this would be like me saying that you "seem willing" to acknowledge that Christ paid our debt by His death.

Quote:
but ignore them when they conflict with your view.

I'm not ignoring them, I'm explaining them.

Quote:
Lucifer committed the unpardonable sin the first time he sinned.

MM, just a little thought should be sufficient to see that this is impossible. From the above quote in 4SP 319, we see that God was willing to pardon Lucifer's sin had he confessed it. Since God offered to pardon Lucifer of his sin, obviously it wasn't unpardonable!

Besides this, Lucifer had committed many other sins before this point, and God offered Lucifer pardon again and again for these:

Quote:
Long was he retained in heaven. Again and again he was offered pardon on condition of repentance and submission. (GC 496)

Quote:
Remember, no provision existed to save angels. They had long ago passed the point of sinning with impunity.

Any creature who sincerely repents will be pardoned. There is no provision to pardon any creature in disobedience. To be pardoned, a creature must repent. Once the disloyal angels made the decision to rebel, there was no way for them to repent. Before making that decision, there was time to do so (time in the sense of capacity to do so, not in the sense of an arbitrary decision being made against them).

Quote:
Since humans can reach a point in their relationship to God that they can no longer sin with impunity it stands to reason Lucifer reached that point before his first sin.

No, that doesn't stand to reason at all. First of all, your premise is wrong. Humans cannot reach a point in their relationship to God that they can no longer sin with impunity because there is never a time when humans can sin with impunity! I don't know why you would think this would be the case.

Quote:
Let none deceive themselves. "The wages of sin is death." Romans 6:23. The law of God can no more be transgressed with impunity now than when sentence was pronounced upon the father of mankind. (PP 61)

It has never been the case, and never will be, that humans (or any other creature) can sin with impunity.

Secondly, even if your assertion were true, the conclusion you are suggesting would not follow from that. There's no reason why it should.

Quote:
The fact God was willing to pardon and reinstate Lucifer without requiring the death of Jesus clearly indicates he had not yet sinned.

No, MM. What it indicates is that your view is wrong. We know that Lucifer had sinned because Ellen White writes that he was given the opportunity to "confess his sin." If he had not sinned, as you are alleging, he would not have had any sin to confess.

Quote:
Pardon has never been granted without the death of Jesus.

Only because Lucifer did not accept the offer.

Quote:
Nor has pardon ever been granted in cases involving the unpardonable sin.

MM, how could pardon be granted for something which is unpardonable? What you're writing is self-evident.

Quote:
Again, Lucifer and the evil angels committed the unpardonable sin the first time they sinned.

Again, Lucifer was given the opportunity to "confess his sin," and be pardoned, so obviously it was not unpardonable.

Quote:
The same is not true of A&E and the rest of the human race.

Both Lucifer and A&E and the rest of the human race were/are offered pardon on the condition of repentance and submission.

Re: Does the legal aspect of imputed righteousness make sense under the Christus Victor model? [Re: Tom] #105253
11/27/08 06:57 PM
11/27/08 06:57 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Tom, God offered to pardon and reinstate Lucifer before he sinned. Yes, this was a unique situation. No one had ever questioned God's law or love. Everyone was perfectly content and happy. Sin had never happened before. So, of course, God handled Lucifer's case differently than He does similar cases nowadays. We cannot compare what Lucifer did in heaven (before his actions ended in open rebellion) to similar kinds of things that happen now.

God was lenient with Lucifer in heaven. He tolerated ideas and actions that we consider horribly sinful. But at the time God did not consider them sinful. None of us were there. We don't know the circumstances. We have no idea what it is like to be sinless, to live in a sinless world, to live in the presence of God. We have no idea what it would be like to be sinless and to be suddenly flooded with strange and startling thoughts and feelings about God.

The means and methods Lucifer employed to explore the strange and startling thoughts and feelings that were troubling him seem sinful to us now, but it didn't seem sinful to God then. It is arrogant and ignorant to accuse Lucifer of sinning since we have no idea what it is like to be sinless and suddenly overwhlemed with stange and startlng thoughts and feelings about God. The truth is - Lucifer was not guilty of wrongdoing until the moment it was clear to him that the thoughts and feelings troubling him were wrong and without merit, and that to pursue his course further would be sinful and rebellious.

The moment he chose to continue his course was the moment he sinned. At that precise moment he committed the unpardonable sin. Lucifer was already perfectly acquainted with God's law and love, and had been for a long time. There was nothing more God could do to win his love and allegiance. Lucifer learned nothing new about God during the time he explored his strange and startling thoughts and feelings. When God pleaded with him, when He assembled the heavenly host, when Lucifer sang the praises of God - he learned nothing new about God. He had long ago passed the point of no return.

Re: Does the legal aspect of imputed righteousness make sense under the Christus Victor model? [Re: Mountain Man] #105255
11/27/08 07:12 PM
11/27/08 07:12 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: Tom
There is no provision to pardon any creature in disobedience. To be pardoned, a creature must repent. Once the disloyal angels made the decision to rebel, there was no way for them to repent. Before making that decision, there was time to do so (time in the sense of capacity to do so, not in the sense of an arbitrary decision being made against them).

You are totally misunderstanding or misapplying her statement. "But no provision had been made to save those who should venture to transgress His law." Sin is the transgression of the law. You are saying the angels sinned before they rebelled. How can that be? How can sin not be rebellion? Besides, Ellen didn't say there was no provision to save those who ventured to rebel. She said there was no provision to save those who ventured to sin. Nor did she say no provision existed to save sinners in their sins. That's not at all what she said or meant. She simply said no provision existed to save angels after they sinned. The reason being is they had long ago passed the point of return.

To sin with impunity means to sin without punishment. You are saying God was willing to pardon Lucifer without punishing him, that all he had to do was submit and repent. But nowhere in the Bible has God pardoned sinners without requiring the death of a sacrificial substitute. Upon what precedence do you insist God would have pardoned Lucifer's sin (without requiring the death of Jesus) if he submitted to God and repented of his sin? When has God ever done such a thing? Since God has never done such a thing, what makes you think He would have done it in the case of Lucifer? Please don't say, Because I think Ellen said so, because that's what I'm debating, that is, your interpretation of what you think she said or meant.

PS - The idea that FMAs can sin and repent after they become so familiar with God's law and love that there is nothig else He can do win and woe them back ignores the truth about the blessings and benefits of developing godly taits of character. See Hebrews 6:4-6 and 10:26-28. By the way, when do you think these scriptures become true of someone? At point are they true?

Re: Does the legal aspect of imputed righteousness make sense under the Christus Victor model? [Re: Mountain Man] #105267
11/28/08 12:02 AM
11/28/08 12:02 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
Tom, God offered to pardon and reinstate Lucifer before he sinned.

Of course not! What do you think pardon means? Leaving aside the discussion of Lucifer, can you present even one instance of God's offering anyone at all pardon which didn't involve sin?

Quote:
Yes, this was a unique situation. No one had ever questioned God's law or love. Everyone was perfectly content and happy. Sin had never happened before. So, of course, God handled Lucifer's case differently than He does similar cases nowadays. We cannot compare what Lucifer did in heaven (before his actions ended in open rebellion) to similar kinds of things that happen now.

God was lenient with Lucifer in heaven. He tolerated ideas and actions that we consider horribly sinful. But at the time God did not consider them sinful.

This is quite as assertion here, MM.

Quote:
Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering. . . . Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee." Ezekiel 28:12-15.

Little by little Lucifer came to indulge the desire for self-exaltation. The Scripture says, "Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness." Ezekiel 28:17. "Thou hast said in thine heart, . . . I will exalt my throne above the stars of God. . . . I will be like the Most High." Isaiah 14:13, 14. Though all his glory was from God, this mighty angel came to regard it as pertaining to himself. Not content with his position, though honored above the heavenly host, he ventured to covet homage due alone to the Creator. Instead of seeking to make God supreme in the affections and allegiance of all created beings, it was his endeavor to secure their service and loyalty to himself. And coveting the glory with which the infinite Father had invested His Son, this prince of angels aspired to power that was the prerogative of Christ alone. (PP 35)

God speaks of "iniquity" being found in Lucifer, yet you claim that God did not consider what Lucifer did to be sinful.

God offered Lucifer pardon over and over again, yet rather than consider this evidence that Lucifer sinned, you would redefine the meaning of the word "pardon."

The SOP tells us that Lucifer's heart was filled with "envy and hatred" of Christ. It seems fantastic to me that you would think God did not consider this sinful.

Quote:
None of us were there. We don't know the circumstances. We have no idea what it is like to be sinless, to live in a sinless world, to live in the presence of God. We have no idea what it would be like to be sinless and to be suddenly flooded with strange and startling thoughts and feelings about God.

The means and methods Lucifer employed to explore the strange and startling thoughts and feelings that were troubling him seem sinful to us now, but it didn't seem sinful to God then.

There's nothing anywhere, other than what you've written, to suggest that what Lucifer was doing was "exploring strange and startling thoughts and feelings." Instead, what inspiration tells us is that Lucifer indulged a spirit of self-exaltation.

Quote:
It is arrogant and ignorant to accuse Lucifer of sinning since we have no idea what it is like to be sinless and suddenly overwhlemed with stange and startlng thoughts and feelings about God.

Well, I disagree. I don't think Ellen White was being either arrogant or ignorant in writing:

Quote:
Before he was sentenced to banishment from Heaven, his course was with convincing clearness shown to be wrong, and he was granted an opportunity to confess his sin, and submit to God's authority as just and righteous.(1SP 319)

Quote:
The truth is - Lucifer was not guilty of wrongdoing until the moment it was clear to him that the thoughts and feelings troubling him were wrong and without merit, and that to pursue his course further would be sinful and rebellious.

The moment he chose to continue his course was the moment he sinned. At that precise moment he committed the unpardonable sin. Lucifer was already perfectly acquainted with God's law and love, and had been for a long time. There was nothing more God could do to win his love and allegiance. Lucifer learned nothing new about God during the time he explored his strange and startling thoughts and feelings. When God pleaded with him, when He assembled the heavenly host, when Lucifer sang the praises of God - he learned nothing new about God. He had long ago passed the point of no return.

MM, you're not considering the logic here. If God offered to restore him to his position if he confessed his sin, then his sin could not have been unpardonable.

Page 16 of 22 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 21 22

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!