HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,609
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
7 registered members (Kevin H, Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 3,079 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 100 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 99 100
Re: does God punish? [Re: Tom] #108253
02/12/09 08:14 PM
02/12/09 08:14 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: Tom
GC: Has Mike summarized your thoughts accurately here?

T: Not exactly.

Tom, please explain how the following views misrepresent or come short of what you believe. Thank you.

1. God, who must actively prevent the forces of nature from imploding upon itself and killing sinners in the process, is compelled to withdraw His protection and to permit the forces of nature to run its natural course and kill targeted sinners.

2. God commands the holy angels to withdraw their protection and to permit evil angels to cause the death and destruction of targeted sinners and places.

3. God withdraws His protection and permits evil men and empires to cause the death and destruction of targeted sinners and places.

4. God withdraws His protection and permits evil men and angels to cause the suffering and death of His chosen people.

Re: does God punish? [Re: Tom] #108257
02/12/09 11:08 PM
02/12/09 11:08 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
M: Nothing God does can be perceived as force or violence. He is, after all, God, and “God is love”. Which means the wrath of God is love.

T: If you say that God caused death and destruction by means of a Flood, that can certainly be perceived as force or violence.

Perceived, yes, but it is not so in reality. We need to view things as God’s sees them, not as ill informed sinners see them. God has never done anything that He considers violent or forceful.

Quote:
T: #4 says "Jesus Christ revealed all that man can know about God," so what you're writing is clearly false, unless you're somehow distinguishing between "revealed" and "demonstrated."

M: The phrase “can know” can imply “is capable of comprehending”.

T: I agree with this point, and agree that the phrase the SOP wrote could be phrased with this language. In other words, one could say “All that man needs to know or is capable of comprehending of God has been revealed in the life and character of His Son” would not materially change what Ellen White wrote.

You are interpreting "man" here as just certain individuals, those to whom Jesus was speaking when He said, "I have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now," which is what I was taking issue with. When she writes "man" I think she means "man" or "mankind" not "a few individuals."

M: Here’s the actual quote; “All that man needs to know or can know of God has been revealed in the life and character of His Son.” {8T 286.1} What I’m suggesting is implied here, if not expressively stated.

T: It doesn't look to me like it's implied in the least that Ellen White was wishing her comment to be taken in the very limited way you are suggesting. For example, a bit later from the same testimony she wrote: “Taking humanity upon Him, Christ came to be one with humanity and at the same time to reveal our heavenly Father to sinful human beings. He was in all things made like unto His brethren. He became flesh, even as we are. He was hungry and thirsty and weary. He was sustained by food and refreshed by sleep. He shared the lot of men, and yet He was the blameless Son of God. He was a stranger and sojourner on the earth--in the world, but not of the world; tempted and tried as men and women today are tempted and tried, yet living a life free from sin.”

This looks to me to be speaking of Christ's work for all men, not just a few individuals.

I hear you saying Jesus demonstrated, while here in the flesh, everything there is to know about God’s character and kingdom. If this is what you’re saying, why, then, didn’t Jesus demonstrate creating a planet populated people, plants, and animals? Why didn’t He demonstrate commanding the leader of Israel to kill sinners? Why didn’t He withdraw His protection and permit fire from the sanctuary to kill unholy priests? Why didn’t He allow the earth to open up and swallow a host of treasonous sinners? Why didn’t He assist a young man in slaying a blasphemous giant with a sling and stone?

I suspect you are going to dismiss these pointed questions by saying something like – We need to interpret the bad things you named above in light of what we know about Jesus. Well, what we know about Jesus is that He never did these things while here in the flesh, therefore, do you expect us to conclude that these did not actually happen? BTW, I’m not sure how you will explain why Jesus didn’t demonstrate creating a world. How do you explain why He didn’t do this in light of the fact you believe He demonstrated everything there is to know about God?

Quote:
M: Jesus plainly said so. “I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.”

T: “I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.” does not mean "I have not revealed everything man can know about God."

M: It certainly can. And I think it does. I realize you don’t, but you haven’t explained what you think it does mean.

T: Yes, I have explained what I think it means. I think the meaning is self-evident. There were things Jesus Christ could have told them, but He chose not too, because they weren't ready to here these things. You extrapolate from this that it must follow that Jesus Christ did not fully reveal God's character. I think this is not a valid inference. I think the only thing we can infer is that there were things which Jesus Christ could have told them, but chose not to, because they were not ready to bear them.

Please cite examples of things Jesus couldn’t share with His disciples while He was here in the flesh.

Quote:
M: Are you suggesting evil angels are responsible for causing all the death and destruction recorded throughout the Bible?

1. Are you suggesting things like the Flood are evil?
2. Are you suggesting Satan is the one who employed the forces of nature to cause the death and destruction related to the Flood?
3. Or, are you suggesting sin is what caused the forces of nature to destroy the planet and to kill sinners?
4. And, are you suggesting God had nothing to do with the Flood?

T: In answer to your questions about the Flood, no, I'm not suggesting the things you asked about.

Thank you for answering my questions.

Quote:
T: I wrote, "Satan is the author of sin and all of its results, which include death and destruction." What I meant by this is that is the author of sin and all its results, meaning he is the creator of these things, or, to state it another way, were it not for Satan, these things would not exist. Since death and destruction are the result of sin, these things would not exist, but for Satan.

I agree with “were it not for Satan, these things [i.e. like the Flood] would not exist.” In the case of the Flood I apply this insight to mean God would not have had to destroy the world if sinners had obeyed Him. But because they obeyed Satan, God was compelled to destroy the world with a Flood.

Quote:
1. In what sense was God acting as a “restorer” when He withdrew His protection and permitted the forces of nature to destroy the world and to kill sinners?
2. What did He restore?
3. What was restored when the planet was destroyed and when sinners were killed?

M: Here is the answer you gave: “I'm not sure what you mean by "its former state of righteousness," but this was basically what God was doing. Justice in Scripture has to do with restoring the covenant community to shalom. However, the context in which God is described as "restorer" has to do with His restoring those who desire such, as God highly respects free will.” I don’t understand your answer. In light of the 3 enumerated questions posted above please elaborate on your answer to them. Thank you.

T: Here's a statement from the SOP: “Through disobedience to God, Adam and Eve had lost Eden, and because of sin the whole earth was cursed. But if God's people followed His instruction, their land would be restored to fertility and beauty. God Himself gave them directions in regard to the culture of the soil, and they were to co-operate with Him in its restoration. Thus the whole land, under God's control, would become an object lesson of spiritual truth. As in obedience to His natural laws the earth should produce its treasures, so in obedience to His moral law the hearts of the people were to reflect the attributes of His character. Even the heathen would recognize the superiority of those who served and worshiped the living God.(COL 289)

This speaks of God's work of restoration. God is constantly trying to bring an end to sin, to restore humanity to its state in Eden. The flood was a part of this plan, not as something God intended or desired should happen, but as a necessity in view of the choices man had made.

I appreciate this insight, but I still don’t know how you would answer the 3 questions above. I’ll answer them for you and you can tell me how my answer differs from yours:

1. In what sense was God acting as a “restorer” when He withdrew His protection and permitted the forces of nature to destroy the world and to kill sinners? He acted as a “restorer” in that He eliminated sinners and the sinful effect they had upon the planet, thereby, restoring, at least partly, the world to its pre-sin state.

2. What did He restore? He restored, at least partly, the planet and its population to its pre-sin state.

3. What was restored when the planet was destroyed and when sinners were killed? The pre-sin state.

Quote:
T: This isn't at all what "restorer" means. What you've written has nothing at all to do with restoration. Restore means "to bring back to or put back into a former or original state."

M:I agree. But in what sense was God acting as a “restorer” when He withdrew His protection and permitted the forces of nature to kill targeted sinners?

T: This isn't something I have said God does (i.e. "kill targeted sinners").

I didn’t say you did. I was merely asking a question. BTW, what do you believe about God permitting certain sinners to die and not allowing others standing nearby to be killed (i.e. as in the case of Korah and clan)? Would you say Korah and clan were targeted by God and the others weren’t? Please explain.

Quote:
M:The passages posted above clearly teach that there are times when God does indeed destroy. Do these passages imply God is a “destroyer” in the same sense Satan is? No, of course not! Nor do they imply, as you seem to think, that Satan is the one who causes the destruction referred to in these passages.

T: I think the following explains what happens: “God does not stand toward the sinner as an executioner of the sentence against transgression; but He leaves the rejectors of His mercy to themselves, to reap that which they have sown.(GC 36)

The Bible says that "God killed Saul." This is true in the sense that God permitted Saul to be killed (Saul actually killed Himself). In the same sense, God destroys. But God does not stand toward the sinner as an executioner of the sentence against transgression, nor as a Destroyer; this is Satan's work (which is why he is called "the Destroyer").

Sin/Satan are destructive; they are destroyers. God is the restorer; He restores. However, His restorative work can result in destruction if one refuses to respond to the principles of love, and chooses death instead. For example: “The light of the glory of God, which imparts life to the righteous, will slay the wicked. (DA 108)

The light of the glory of God, which is the revelation of His character, results in life for the righteous (their restoration) but the death of the wicked (their destruction). Why? Because God works as Restorer for one group of people, but Destroyer to the other? No, but because one group embraces His restorative work, whereas the other rejects it, embracing destruction instead.

You wrote – “However, His restorative work can result in destruction if one refuses to respond to the principles of love, and chooses death instead.” I think the Flood is a better example of God acting as a restorer. The firelight of God’s glory acts indiscriminately upon sinful flesh. For example, while here even Jesus was unable to appear in the unveiled presence of God because the firelight of His glory and presence would have consumed Jesus in His sinful flesh.

Quote:
T: In regards to God's destroying differently than Satan, I agree one could characterize things in this way.

Please explain to me how you think the way God destroys is different than how Satan destroys. For example, when Satan kills sinners with a flood, how is it different than when God did it?

Quote:
T: However, you do not seem to view God as actually doing anything different from Satan when He destroys. For example, their are statements which state that plagues of the end are caused by Satan. You agree that Satan causes some plagues, the ones these statements are referring to, but that God causes other plagues. So you see God and Satan doing the same thing. In fact, you have no way of distinguishing, based on their behavior, whether Satan or God is doing some destructive or deadly act.

When God and Satan employ the forces of nature, and sinners are killed, the results are, as you say, indistinguishable, namely, sinners suffer and die. You see God withdrawing His protection and permitting the forces of nature to cause death and destruction. You see sinners reaping what they sowed (i.e. sinning forces God to allow the forces of nature to kill sinners). In this sense, you feel God is innocent of the results. However, you see Satan manipulating the forces of nature, when God permits, to kill sinners (i.e. sinning forces God to permit Satan to use the forces of nature to kill sinners). In this sense, you feel Satan is guilty of the results.

Question – Since the results are the same, why doesn’t God cut out the middle man (i.e. Satan) and simply allow the forces of nature to kill sinners? Why is it necessary to include Satan in the process?

Re: does God punish? [Re: Tom] #108261
02/12/09 11:54 PM
02/12/09 11:54 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
M: The evil angels sought Jesus’ permission. His consent resulted in pigs drowning; otherwise, the pigs would not have died. Jesus is culpable.

T: By the same logic, God is culpable of all evil. Is this what you think?

M: One point at a time, please. Do you agree the pigs were safe until Jesus gave evil angels permission to drown them? Or, do you think the evil angels killed the pigs in violation Jesus’ command not to do so?

T: Ok, since we're doing one point at a time, let's start with the one I raised. If Jesus is culpable for the destruction of the pigs, because He permitted the evil angels to do what they did to the pigs, then, by the same logic, God is culpable for all evil, since no evil occurs except as God gives permission.

M: Let’s back up even further because I still don’t know what you believe about it. Please answer the following question so I can begin to understand your point of view. Were the pigs safe and sound before Jesus gave the evil angels permission to drown them?

T: I was pointing out that by your logic (this is irrespective of my beliefs) if Jesus was culpable for the destruction of the pigs (because He permitted it to happen) then God is culpable for all evil (because He permitted it to happen).

M:Before I respond to your comment I need to know your answer to the following question – “Were the pigs safe and sound before Jesus gave the evil angels permission to drown them?”

T: I don't see why. I was just pointing out your statement that Jesus is culpable for death of the pigs, given the logic you used to come to this conclusion implies, by the same logic, that God is responsible for all evil.

Please humor me and answer the question. Were the pigs safe and sound before Jesus gave the evil angels permission to drown them?

Quote:
1. Why do you think God commanded Moses to kill the Sabbath-breaker and the blasphemer?
2. Why did He take the risk of being misunderstood?
3. Why didn’t He take the risk of sharing His true feelings about capital punishment?
4. What would have happened if God had simply told them the truth about capital punishment instead of commanding Moses to kill sinners?

M: I understand you believe we must interpret everything we read about God in the OT in light of everything we read about Jesus in the NT, and if we come across an apparent contradiction between God in the OT and Jesus in the NT we must interpret it in light of the loving and nonviolent behavior Jesus demonstrated in the NT. With this in mind, please demonstrate this method of interpreting the OT by answering the 4 questions I posted above. Thank you.

T: I think the first step would be the conviction that the actions can be explained in some way that has God acting in harmony with how Jesus acted during His earthly mission. I've already explained the general principles I believe are involved in these types of events. I see basically two. One is that God is often presented as doing that which He permits. The second is the principle illustrated by the father/hunter analogy. To put the second in other ways, because of the hardness of people's hearts, God permits things which are contrary to His ideal will. I don't believe God's ideal will is that Sabbath-breakers should be put to death.

1. Actions can be explained in some way that has God acting in harmony with how Jesus acted during His earthly mission.
2. God is often presented as doing that which He permits.
3. Because of the hardness of people's hearts, God permits things which are contrary to His ideal will.

Thank you for the clarification. With these principles in mind, please demonstrate this method of interpreting the OT by answering the 4 questions I posted above. Thank you.

Quote:
M: Tom, please resist the temptation to tell me what I should and shouldn’t post as we discuss various truths.

T: Please resist the temptation to post red herrings. You know that nobody here believes that God "caved in to pressure and permitted sinners to practice sin contrary to His will and law."

I never accused anyone here of believing this. I simply stated what some people believe. Does this mean you are not going to honor my request that you not tell me how and what to post?

Quote:
M: Please simply answer the questions. Here they are again:

1. You seem to be saying, yes, polygamy is a sin, and yes, God permitted the Jews to practice polygamy contrary to His will and law. Is this what you believe? If not, please explain.

T: I believe that polygamy is a sin. I also believe God allowed polygamy to occur.

Do you distinguish between God allowing polygamy to occur and God allowing other sins to occur? Please explain.

Quote:
2. I believe God has never give sinners permission to practice things contrary to His law. Do you agree? If not, please explain.

T: If by giving permission you mean something like God's saying, "I give you permission to break my law," I agree. Breaking God's law results in death, because it involves acting contrary to the principles of the "law of life for the universe," which is self-sacrificing love.

How does “"I give you permission to break my law” differ from God “allowing polygamy to occur”? Also, does sinning result in death when God permits it (as in polygamy)? Or, does it only result in death when God forbids it?

Quote:
M: Nevertheless, I’ll rephrase the comment and question. I do not believe God ever gave sinners permission to practice things contrary to His law. Do you agree?

T: Do you mean like saying, "It's OK if you break My law? I don't mind?" Are you suggesting someone thinks this?

M: No. But do you think God has ever said anything like this? In other words, do you think God told the Jews, “Having a king is a sin, but I’m going to allow you to have one any way. I will even help you select the best kings possible.”

T: I think God said akin to this: Having a king is contrary to My will, but I’m going to allow you to have one any way. I will even help you select the best kings possible.

I agree wanting and having a king is contrary to God’s will.

Quote:
M: In light of my questions above, do you think it was a sin for the Jews to want and to have a king and more than one wife?

T: As I stated, I think the Jews were breaking the first and second commandments. They having having a king an idol, and they were guilty of having a god before God. Had they not been guilty of breaking the first commandment, they would have done God's will. Regarding having more than one wife, this is adultery, which is a sin.

Are you suggesting wanting a king and having a king were both contrary to God’s will and a sin? And, above you wrote, “God allowed polygamy to occur” and here you say polygamy is adultery. Are you suggesting God allowed adultery to occur? If so, in what sense do you mean it?

Quote:
M: Why did God permit them to have a king and more than one wife if having them is a sin?

T: For the same reason He allows us to sin. If we insist on having our own way, (generally) God allows us to do what we want.

This goes along with the question I asked above, namely, do you distinguish between God allowing polygamy to occur and God allowing other sins to occur? Please explain. IOW, does God allow people to commit other sins in the same way He allowed polygamy, divorce, and having a king? Or, does He have criteria that disallow Him to permit certain sins to occur? Please explain.

Re: does God punish? [Re: Mountain Man] #108263
02/13/09 12:04 AM
02/13/09 12:04 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
Tom, please explain how the following views misrepresent or come short of what you believe. Thank you.

1. God, who must actively prevent the forces of nature from imploding upon itself and killing sinners in the process, is compelled to withdraw His protection and to permit the forces of nature to run its natural course and kill targeted sinners.

2. God commands the holy angels to withdraw their protection and to permit evil angels to cause the death and destruction of targeted sinners and places.

3. God withdraws His protection and permits evil men and empires to cause the death and destruction of targeted sinners and places.

On these you speak of the destruction of targeted sinners and places, which implies God is behind these things happening; that is, that these are designs of His.

Quote:

4. God withdraws His protection and permits evil men and angels to cause the suffering and death of His chosen people.

I don't know what this means. Do you mean like Job?

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: does God punish? [Re: Tom] #108265
02/13/09 12:36 AM
02/13/09 12:36 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
M: Nothing God does can be perceived as force or violence. He is, after all, God, and “God is love”. Which means the wrath of God is love.

T: If you say that God caused death and destruction by means of a Flood, that can certainly be perceived as force or violence.

M:Perceived, yes, but it is not so in reality.

What you wrote was that nothing God does can be perceived as force or violence. So I understand you're agreeing this is incorrect?

Quote:
We need to view things as God’s sees them, not as ill informed sinners see them. God has never done anything that He considers violent or forceful.

The way you perceive God to have acted, most people would consider violent. The way God actually acted, however, is not violent. That is, I don't think God has done the violent/forceful things you think he has ("violent/forceful" hear meaning violent/forceful in the eyes of most people).

Quote:
I hear you saying Jesus demonstrated, while here in the flesh, everything there is to know about God’s character and kingdom. If this is what you’re saying, why, then, didn’t Jesus demonstrate creating a planet populated people, plants, and animals? Why didn’t He demonstrate commanding the leader of Israel to kill sinners? Why didn’t He withdraw His protection and permit fire from the sanctuary to kill unholy priests? Why didn’t He allow the earth to open up and swallow a host of treasonous sinners? Why didn’t He assist a young man in slaying a blasphemous giant with a sling and stone?

I suspect you are going to dismiss these pointed questions by saying something like – We need to interpret the bad things you named above in light of what we know about Jesus. Well, what we know about Jesus is that He never did these things while here in the flesh, therefore, do you expect us to conclude that these did not actually happen? BTW, I’m not sure how you will explain why Jesus didn’t demonstrate creating a world. How do you explain why He didn’t do this in light of the fact you believe He demonstrated everything there is to know about God?

Christ made wine out of water, which demonstrates God's creative power. His healing miracles could be understood as demonstrating God's creative power as well.

What we are told is that all that man can know of God was revealed by Jesus Christ. It seems clear to me this is referring to God as a Being, as He is in His essence. That is, we can fully know God by the revelation given us by Jesus Christ.

Regarding your questions in general, I think you're still missing my point. My point is if you perceive God as doing something which Jesus Christ did not reveal, especially if it something different in character to what Jesus Christ did reveal, the conclusion should not be that the statement that Jesus Christ revealed all that man can know of God really doesn't mean that, but means something else like Jesus Christ revealed all that a few individuals at a given time could know of God, but should instead be that things which you perceive God to have done He didn't really do.

Quote:
Please cite examples of things Jesus couldn’t share with His disciples while He was here in the flesh.

Where is there a record of these things?

Quote:
I agree with “were it not for Satan, these things [i.e. like the Flood] would not exist.” In the case of the Flood I apply this insight to mean God would not have had to destroy the world if sinners had obeyed Him. But because they obeyed Satan, God was compelled to destroy the world with a Flood.

I don't disagree with this, but would add that I believe God destroyed the world in a way which is in harmony with His character, in harmony with what Jesus Christ revealed, in harmony with the EGW statements in GC chapter 1, which is to say by withdrawing His protection. Sin/Satan is powerful enough to do all the destruction necessary. It is sufficient for any level of destruction desired to take place by means of God's withdrawing.

Quote:
I appreciate this insight, but I still don’t know how you would answer the 3 questions above. I’ll answer them for you and you can tell me how my answer differs from yours:

1. In what sense was God acting as a “restorer” when He withdrew His protection and permitted the forces of nature to destroy the world and to kill sinners? He acted as a “restorer” in that He eliminated sinners and the sinful effect they had upon the planet, thereby, restoring, at least partly, the world to its pre-sin state.

2. What did He restore? He restored, at least partly, the planet and its population to its pre-sin state.

3. What was restored when the planet was destroyed and when sinners were killed? The pre-sin state.

This is fine, except for the part saying that God eliminated sinners.

Quote:
M:I agree. But in what sense was God acting as a “restorer” when He withdrew His protection and permitted the forces of nature to kill targeted sinners?

M:I didn’t say you did. I was merely asking a question.

Yes, but in a FOTAP way, a common occurrence. Like, "have you stopped beating your wife?" The way the question is asked assumes a premise. I can't answer the question without tacitly accepting the premise.

Quote:
BTW, what do you believe about God permitting certain sinners to die and not allowing others standing nearby to be killed (i.e. as in the case of Korah and clan)? Would you say Korah and clan were targeted by God and the others weren’t? Please explain.

Here's another example. I've not said that Korah and clan were targeted by God.

Quote:
You wrote – “However, His restorative work can result in destruction if one refuses to respond to the principles of love, and chooses death instead.” I think the Flood is a better example of God acting as a restorer.

Better than what? I think Jesus Christ is a better example of God acting as a restorer. His teachings, His healing miracles, His generosity, humility, self-sacrifice; these are better examples of God acting as a restorer.

Quote:
The firelight of God’s glory acts indiscriminately upon sinful flesh.

Do you mean like in Raiders of the Lost Ark? Where do you get this idea?

Quote:
For example, while here even Jesus was unable to appear in the unveiled presence of God because the firelight of His glory and presence would have consumed Jesus in His sinful flesh.

You've often asserted this, but adduced no proof.

Quote:
Please explain to me how you think the way God destroys is different than how Satan destroys.

The following touches on this:

Quote:
The Jews had forged their own fetters; they had filled for themselves the cup of vengeance. In the utter destruction that befell them as a nation, and in all the woes that followed them in their dispersion, they were but reaping the harvest which their own hands had sown. Says the prophet: "O Israel, thou hast destroyed thyself;" "for thou hast fallen by thine iniquity." Hosea 13:9; 14:1. Their sufferings are often represented as a punishment visited upon them by the direct decree of God. It is thus that the great deceiver seeks to conceal his own work. By stubborn rejection of divine love and mercy, the Jews had caused the protection of God to be withdrawn from them, and Satan was permitted to rule them according to his will. (GC 35)

God destroys by withdrawing His protection. This is also called God's wrath.

Quote:
For example, when Satan kills sinners with a flood, how is it different than when God did it?

Satan kills actively. When God destroys it is by allowing sin/Satan to have its destructive consequences.

Quote:
T: However, you do not seem to view God as actually doing anything different from Satan when He destroys. For example, their are statements which state that plagues of the end are caused by Satan. You agree that Satan causes some plagues, the ones these statements are referring to, but that God causes other plagues. So you see God and Satan doing the same thing. In fact, you have no way of distinguishing, based on their behavior, whether Satan or God is doing some destructive or deadly act.

M:When God and Satan employ the forces of nature, and sinners are killed, the results are, as you say, indistinguishable, namely, sinners suffer and die. You see God withdrawing His protection and permitting the forces of nature to cause death and destruction. You see sinners reaping what they sowed (i.e. sinning forces God to allow the forces of nature to kill sinners). In this sense, you feel God is innocent of the results. However, you see Satan manipulating the forces of nature, when God permits, to kill sinners (i.e. sinning forces God to permit Satan to use the forces of nature to kill sinners). In this sense, you feel Satan is guilty of the results.

Excellent! This is an excellent representation of what I believe, the best I can recall seeing from you. It's great to be able to say yes, this is what I believe.

Quote:
Question – Since the results are the same, why doesn’t God cut out the middle man (i.e. Satan) and simply allow the forces of nature to kill sinners? Why is it necessary to include Satan in the process?

In answer to the first question, there's faulty reasoning in that because the results are something should follow from this. The fact that two results are the same does not mean the causes are the same.

In answer to the second question, there's a faulty assumption here, which is that it is necessary to include Satan in the process. I think what you're really want to ask is why Satan is involved in the process, since God could kill people without Satan by just using nature. Is this what you have in mind?

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: does God punish? [Re: Tom] #108273
02/13/09 02:49 AM
02/13/09 02:49 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
M:Before I respond to your comment I need to know your answer to the following question – “Were the pigs safe and sound before Jesus gave the evil angels permission to drown them?”

T: I don't see why. I was just pointing out your statement that Jesus is culpable for death of the pigs, given the logic you used to come to this conclusion implies, by the same logic, that God is responsible for all evil.

M:Please humor me and answer the question. Were the pigs safe and sound before Jesus gave the evil angels permission to drown them?

Jesus didn't give the evil angels permission to drown them.

Quote:
11A large herd of pigs was feeding on the nearby hillside. 12The demons begged Jesus, "Send us among the pigs; allow us to go into them." 13He gave them permission, and the evil spirits came out and went into the pigs. The herd, about two thousand in number, rushed down the steep bank into the lake and were drowned. (Mark 5)

It says Jesus gave the demons permission to go into them. It doesn't say Jesus gave the demons permission to drown them.

Quote:
M: Tom, please resist the temptation to tell me what I should and shouldn’t post as we discuss various truths.

T: Please resist the temptation to post red herrings. You know that nobody here believes that God "caved in to pressure and permitted sinners to practice sin contrary to His will and law."

M:I never accused anyone here of believing this. I simply stated what some people believe. Does this mean you are not going to honor my request that you not tell me how and what to post?

If you write something in response to a post, the implication is you're responding to the post, not just making general comments that have nothing to do with the subject at hand. For example, if I wrote, "It's better to avoid posting red herrings" it would be natural of you to assume I was speaking of you. Say you took exception to this, and I responded, "Oh, did you think I was speaking of you? No, this was just a general statement. I was just speaking of what some people do."

Quote:
Do you distinguish between God allowing polygamy to occur and God allowing other sins to occur? Please explain.

No. I don't know what there is to explain here.

Quote:
How does “"I give you permission to break my law” differ from God “allowing polygamy to occur”?

It's less clear. To give someone permission may be understood as tacit agreement with the given action, whereas saying that God allowed something to happen has no such implication.

Quote:
Also, does sinning result in death when God permits it (as in polygamy)? Or, does it only result in death when God forbids it?

You're using "permits" and "forbids" in a confusing manner here. God has always forbidden polygamy.

Quote:
God has not sanctioned polygamy in a single instance. It was contrary to his will. He knew that the happiness of man would be destroyed by it.(1SP 34)

God permitted polygamy in the sense that teresaq pointed out:

Quote:
In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent.(Acts 17:30)

Quote:
Are you suggesting wanting a king and having a king were both contrary to God’s will and a sin? And, above you wrote, “God allowed polygamy to occur” and here you say polygamy is adultery. Are you suggesting God allowed adultery to occur? If so, in what sense do you mean it?

The Lord said:

Quote:
And the Lord said unto Samuel: "Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected Me, that I should not reign over them.

Now if the people were rejecting God, choosing that God should not reign over them, isn't this sin?

Quote:
And, above you wrote, “God allowed polygamy to occur” and here you say polygamy is adultery. Are you suggesting God allowed adultery to occur? If so, in what sense do you mean it?

I mean in the same sense that God allows any sin to occur. If you choose to lie, for example, and God does not prevent you from doing so, then he has allowed you to lie.

Quote:
This goes along with the question I asked above, namely, do you distinguish between God allowing polygamy to occur and God allowing other sins to occur?

No.

Quote:
Please explain. IOW, does God allow people to commit other sins in the same way He allowed polygamy, divorce, and having a king?

Yes.

Quote:
Or, does He have criteria that disallow Him to permit certain sins to occur? Please explain.

No, not in general.

Re: does God punish? [Re: Tom] #108316
02/13/09 06:17 PM
02/13/09 06:17 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
M: Tom, please explain how the following views misrepresent or come short of what you believe. Thank you.

T: On these you speak of the destruction of targeted sinners and places, which implies God is behind these things happening; that is, that these are designs of His.

By "targeted" I mean God does not permit nature or Satan to indiscriminately kill everyone or destroy everything. For example, in Egypt God didn't allow the land of Goshen to be harmed by the last 7 plagues. In this sense, God ensured the safety of specific people and places while allowing the death and destruction of others.

Quote:

T: I don't know what this means. Do you mean like Job?

Yes. And, like the martyrs God has allowed to be tortured and killed throughout time.

So, with these clarifications, do you agree with my summary of your view?

Re: does God punish? [Re: Mountain Man] #108318
02/13/09 06:54 PM
02/13/09 06:54 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
I feel very uncomfortable your way of wording things, but the concepts, given the explanations you provided, seem in harmony with what I've been saying.

Re: does God punish? [Re: Mountain Man] #108319
02/13/09 07:41 PM
02/13/09 07:41 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA

M: Perceived, yes, but it is not so in reality.

T: What you wrote was that nothing God does can be perceived as force or violence. So I understand you're agreeing this is incorrect?

I see a huge difference between perception and reality. So, yes, I should have said, “Some people may perceive things like the Flood as forceful and violent, but in reality they are not. Why not? Because God doesn’t use force or violence when He punishes sinners.”

Quote:
M: We need to view things as God’s sees them, not as ill informed sinners see them. God has never done anything that He considers violent or forceful.

T: The way you perceive God to have acted, most people would consider violent. The way God actually acted, however, is not violent. That is, I don't think God has done the violent/forceful things you think he has ("violent/forceful" hear meaning violent/forceful in the eyes of most people).

What matters is what God thinks about it – not what ill informed sinners think about it. Most people would say the same thing about God if they believed what you do about it. That is, they would believe God was acting negligently if He failed to act in harmony with the Good Samaritan Law and allowed something tragic to happen when it was within His ability and duty to act.

Quote:
M: I hear you saying Jesus demonstrated, while here in the flesh, everything there is to know about God’s character and kingdom. If this is what you’re saying, why, then, didn’t Jesus demonstrate creating a planet populated people, plants, and animals? Why didn’t He demonstrate commanding the leader of Israel to kill sinners? Why didn’t He withdraw His protection and permit fire from the sanctuary to kill unholy priests? Why didn’t He allow the earth to open up and swallow a host of treasonous sinners? Why didn’t He assist a young man in slaying a blasphemous giant with a sling and stone?

T: Christ made wine out of water, which demonstrates God's creative power. His healing miracles could be understood as demonstrating God's creative power as well.

What we are told is that all that man can know of God was revealed by Jesus Christ. It seems clear to me this is referring to God as a Being, as He is in His essence. That is, we can fully know God by the revelation given us by Jesus Christ.

Regarding your questions in general, I think you're still missing my point. My point is if you perceive God as doing something which Jesus Christ did not reveal, especially if it something different in character to what Jesus Christ did reveal, the conclusion should not be that the statement that Jesus Christ revealed all that man can know of God really doesn't mean that, but means something else like Jesus Christ revealed all that a few individuals at a given time could know of God, but should instead be that things which you perceive God to have done He didn't really do.

Except for your water to wine example you responded precisely as I thought you would. But this example doesn’t demonstrate how God made everything out of nothing.

However, you didn’t answer my final question – “Well, what we know about Jesus is that He never did these things while here in the flesh, therefore, do you expect us to conclude that these did not actually happen?” Though I didn’t predict it, I figured you wouldn’t answer this question. That’s been your MO regarding this issue. Again, your unwillingness to forthrightly answer my questions bodes bad for your position.

Quote:
M: Please cite examples of things Jesus couldn’t share with His disciples while He was here in the flesh.

T: Where is there a record of these things?

You brought it up, so you tell me.

Quote:
M: I agree with “were it not for Satan, these things [i.e. like the Flood] would not exist.” In the case of the Flood I apply this insight to mean God would not have had to destroy the world if sinners had obeyed Him. But because they obeyed Satan, God was compelled to destroy the world with a Flood.

T: I don't disagree with this, but would add that I believe God destroyed the world in a way which is in harmony with His character, in harmony with what Jesus Christ revealed, in harmony with the EGW statements in GC chapter 1, which is to say by withdrawing His protection. Sin/Satan is powerful enough to do all the destruction necessary. It is sufficient for any level of destruction desired to take place by means of God's withdrawing.

What did Jesus do while here in the flesh that demonstrated God withdrawing His protection and permitting the forces of nature to kill sinners and to destroy the world? Please don’t cite Matthew 23:37-39 as proof that Jesus withdrew His protection and permitted the forces of nature to kill sinners while He was here in the flesh. It simply isn’t so.

Quote:
M: I appreciate this insight, but I still don’t know how you would answer the 3 questions above. I’ll answer them for you and you can tell me how my answer differs from yours:

T: This is fine, except for the part saying that God eliminated sinners.

Please suggest a better word. Or, reword my answer to reflect precisely what you believe. Thank you.

Quote:
M: I agree. But in what sense was God acting as a “restorer” when He withdrew His protection and permitted the forces of nature to kill targeted sinners?

M: I didn’t say you did. I was merely asking a question.

T: Yes, but in a FOTAP way, a common occurrence. Like, "have you stopped beating your wife?" The way the question is asked assumes a premise. I can't answer the question without tacitly accepting the premise.

By “targeted” I mean God did not allow the forces of nature to kill sinners indiscriminately, that God allowed nature to kill only specific sinners. Korah and clan is an example.

Quote:
M: You wrote – “However, His restorative work can result in destruction if one refuses to respond to the principles of love, and chooses death instead.” I think the Flood is a better example of God acting as a restorer.

T: Better than what? I think Jesus Christ is a better example of God acting as a restorer. His teachings, His healing miracles, His generosity, humility, self-sacrifice; these are better examples of God acting as a restorer.

Better than the example you gave, which was – “For example: The light of the glory of God, which imparts life to the righteous, will slay the wicked.” The newest example you cited above (i.e. Jesus) doesn’t address the genera of my question, which is, In what sense was God acting as a restorer in the Flood.

Quote:
M: The firelight of God’s glory acts indiscriminately upon sinful flesh.

T: Do you mean like in Raiders of the Lost Ark? Where do you get this idea?

Like Moses on the mount.

Quote:
M: For example, while here even Jesus was unable to appear in the unveiled presence of God because the firelight of His glory and presence would have consumed Jesus in His sinful flesh.

T: You've often asserted this, but adduced no proof.

The proof is in the fact it never happened, that is, Jesus never appeared in sinful flesh in the unveiled presence of God. “To sin, wherever found, ‘our God is a consuming fire.’” Jesus was “made to be sin; He bare our sins in his own body”, therefore, He could not appear in the unveiled presence of without being consumed.

Quote:
M: Please explain to me how you think the way God destroys is different than how Satan destroys.

T: God destroys by withdrawing His protection. This is also called God's wrath.

M: For example, when Satan kills sinners with a flood, how is it different than when God did it?

T: Satan kills actively. When God destroys it is by allowing sin/Satan to have its destructive consequences.

Please use the Flood as example to explain what you mean by “God destroys . . . by allowing sin/Satan to have its destructive consequences”. How did this insight play out in what did God which resulted in the Flood and loss of life?

Quote:

M: When God and Satan employ the forces of nature, and sinners are killed, the results are, as you say, indistinguishable, namely, sinners suffer and die. You see God withdrawing His protection and permitting the forces of nature to cause death and destruction. You see sinners reaping what they sowed (i.e. sinning forces God to allow the forces of nature to kill sinners). In this sense, you feel God is innocent of the results. However, you see Satan manipulating the forces of nature, when God permits, to kill sinners (i.e. sinning forces God to permit Satan to use the forces of nature to kill sinners). In this sense, you feel Satan is guilty of the results.

T: Excellent! This is an excellent representation of what I believe, the best I can recall seeing from you. It's great to be able to say yes, this is what I believe.

Sweet!

Quote:
M: Question – Since the results are the same, why doesn’t God cut out the middle man (i.e. Satan) and simply allow the forces of nature to kill sinners? Why is it necessary to include Satan in the process?

T: In answer to the first question, there's faulty reasoning in that because the results are something should follow from this. The fact that two results are the same does not mean the causes are the same.

In answer to the second question, there's a faulty assumption here, which is that it is necessary to include Satan in the process. I think what you're really want to ask is why Satan is involved in the process, since God could kill people without Satan by just using nature. Is this what you have in mind?

1. You wrote, “The fact that two results are the same does not mean the causes are the same.” Please use the following passage to explain what you mean:

Quote:
God causes large quantities of coal and oil to ignite and burn. Rocks are intensely heated, limestone is burned, and iron ore melted. Water and fire under the surface of the earth meet. The action of water upon the limestone adds fury to the intense heat, and causes earthquakes, volcanoes and fiery issues. The action of fire and water upon the ledges of rocks and ore, causes loud explosions which sound like muffled thunder. These wonderful exhibitions will be more numerous and terrible just before the coming of Christ and the end of the world, as signs of its speedy destruction. {3SG 79.1}

Coal and oil are generally to be found where there are no burning mountains or fiery issues. When fire and water under the surface of the earth meet, the fiery issues cannot give sufficient vent to the heated elements beneath. The earth is convulsed--the ground trembles, heaves, and rises into swells or waves, and there are heavy sounds like thunder underground. The air is heated and suffocating. The earth quickly opens, and I saw villages, cities and burning mountains carried down together into the earth. {3SG 80.1}

God controls all these elements; they are his instruments to do his will; he calls them into action to serve his purpose. These fiery issues have been, and will be his agents to blot out from the earth very wicked cities. Like Korah, Dathan and Abiram they go down alive into the pit. These are evidences of God's power. Those who have beheld these burning mountains have been struck with terror at the grandeur of the scene-- pouring forth fire, and flame, and a vast amount of melted ore, drying up rivers and causing them to disappear. They have been filled with awe as though they were beholding the infinite power of God. {3SG 80.2}

These manifestations bear the special marks of God's power, and are designed to cause the people of the earth to tremble before him, and to silence those, who like Pharaoh would proudly say, "Who is the Lord that I should obey his voice?" Isaiah refers to these exhibitions of God's power where he exclaims, "Oh that thou wouldest rend the heavens, that thou wouldest come down, that the mountains might flow down at thy presence as when the melting fire burneth. The fire causeth the waters to boil, to make thy name known to thine adversaries, that the nations may tremble at thy presence. When thou didst terrible things which we looked not for, thou camest down, the mountains flowed down at thy presence. {3SG 81.1}

"The Lord is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked. The Lord hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet. He rebuketh the sea, and maketh it dry and drieth up all the rivers. Bashan languisheth, and Carmel, and the flower of Lebanon languisheth. The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein. Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? His fury is poured our like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him. {3SG 81.2}

"Bow thy heavens, O, Lord, and come down. Touch the mountains, and they shall smoke. Cast forth lightning, and scatter them. Shoot out thine arrows, and destroy them." {3SG 81.3}

2. Yes, that’s what I mean, namely - Why does God, at times, involve Satan in processes that result in the suffering and death of sinners since God has done it so many times without Satan by simply withdrawing His protection and permitting the forces of nature to kill sinners? What purpose does it serve when God withdraws His protection and allows Satan to kill sinners?

Re: does God punish? [Re: Mountain Man] #108320
02/13/09 08:29 PM
02/13/09 08:29 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
M: How does “"I give you permission to break my law” differ from God “allowing polygamy to occur”?

T: It's less clear. To give someone permission may be understood as tacit agreement with the given action, whereas saying that God allowed something to happen has no such implication.

Are you suggesting God permitted the Jews to break His law but He didn’t give them permission to break His law?

Quote:
M: And, above you wrote, “God allowed polygamy to occur” and here you say polygamy is adultery. Are you suggesting God allowed adultery to occur? If so, in what sense do you mean it?

T: I mean in the same sense that God allows any sin to occur. If you choose to lie, for example, and God does not prevent you from doing so, then he has allowed you to lie.

Is there anything God didn’t allow or permit? Or, did He allow and permit the Jews to do anything and everything they wanted to do?

Quote:
M: Please humor me and answer the question. Were the pigs safe and sound before Jesus gave the evil angels permission to drown them?

T: Jesus didn't give the evil angels permission to drown them. It says Jesus gave the demons permission to go into them. It doesn't say Jesus gave the demons permission to drown them.

Ellen wrote, “In causing the destruction of the swine, it was Satan's purpose to turn the people away from the Saviour, and prevent the preaching of the gospel in that region.” Are you suggesting Jesus did not foresee the reason why the evil angels sought His permission to enter the swine? If so, I disagree. I believe Jesus knew very well that the pigs were going to killed the moment He gave the evil angels permission to enter them. Ellen goes on to say:

Quote:
But this very occurrence roused the whole country as nothing else could have done, and directed attention to Christ. Though the Saviour Himself departed, the men whom He had healed remained as witnesses to His power. Those who had been mediums of the prince of darkness became channels of light, messengers of the Son of God. Men marveled as they listened to the wondrous news. A door was opened to the gospel throughout that region. When Jesus returned to Decapolis, the people flocked about Him, and for three days, not merely the inhabitants of one town, but thousands from all the surrounding region, heard the message of salvation. Even the power of demons is under the control of our Saviour, and the working of evil is overruled for good. {DA 340.3}

It was in mercy to the owners of the swine that this loss had been permitted to come upon them. They were absorbed in earthly things, and cared not for the great interests of spiritual life. Jesus desired to break the spell of selfish indifference, that they might accept His grace. But regret and indignation for their temporal loss blinded their eyes to the Saviour's mercy. {DA 338.4}

So, with these insights in mind, I'll rephrase the question - Were the pigs safe and sound before Jesus gave the evil angels permission to enter them? And, did Jesus know they would drown the pigs the moment they entered them?

Page 24 of 100 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 99 100

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Daryl. 05/01/24 07:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/29/24 04:47 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!