HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,619
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 9
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, Nadi, 2 invisible), 3,502 guests, and 14 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 31 of 36 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 35 36
Re: Is it possible to obey God before understanding His reasons for giving the command? [Re: Tom] #109651
03/10/09 01:27 AM
03/10/09 01:27 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Here's the problem with "obeying" God without any idea of why you're doing what your doing. If you don't know why you're doing something, with no thought of the principles of God's kingdom, then Satan can tell you something impersonating Christ and you'll think you're following Christ when it's really Satan.

You speak of trust, but how do you know it's God you're trusting and not the enemy?

Quote:
But the people of God will not be misled. The teachings of this false christ are not in accordance with the Scriptures. His blessing is pronounced upon the worshipers of the beast and his image, the very class upon whom the Bible declares that God's unmingled wrath shall be poured out.(GC 625)

Why are the people of God not misled? Because that which the false christ speaks is not in accordance with the Scriptures. Notice how Satan will pronounce blessings upon the very group which is accursed. We can't avoid being misled if we don't understand the principles of God and His Kingdom.

Quote:
It is Satan's constant effort to misrepresent the character of God, the nature of sin, and the real issues at stake in the great controversy....Thus the minds of men are blinded, and Satan secures them as his agents to war against God.(GC 569)

If you don't think this could happen to you, you're mistaken. Our only defense is in knowing that truth about God.

Regarding Abraham, the next sentence from the GC quote says:

Quote:
By perverted conceptions of the divine attributes, heathen nations were led to believe human sacrifices necessary to secure the favor of Deity; and horrible cruelties have been perpetrated under the various forms of idolatry.

Abraham may have had some things to learn. For example:

Quote:
While God has desired to teach men that from His own love comes the Gift which reconciles them to Himself, the archenemy of mankind has endeavored to represent God as one who delights in their destruction. Thus the sacrifices and the ordinances designed of Heaven to reveal divine love have been perverted to serve as means whereby sinners have vainly hoped to propitiate, with gifts and good works, the wrath of an offended God. (GC 686)

Now IIRC Abraham said of the sacrifice more than once, "God will provide." Perhaps God asked Abraham to sacrifice his son as a way to make clear to others that this was not God's way.

In Hebrews we read:

Quote:
17By faith Abraham, when God tested him, offered Isaac as a sacrifice. He who had received the promises was about to sacrifice his one and only son, 18even though God had said to him, "It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned." 19Abraham reasoned that God could raise the dead, and figuratively speaking, he did receive Isaac back from death. (Heb. 11)

So we read that Abraham's actions were predicated on reasoning and faith.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Is it possible to obey God before understanding His reasons for giving the command? [Re: Tom] #109652
03/10/09 01:37 AM
03/10/09 01:37 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
M: My question doesn't concern faith and belief. It has to do with commands and obedience.

T: So you don't think obedience has anything to do with faith and belief?!

M:In a root and fruit way, yes. IOW, in the same way faith and works are two sides of the same coin, so too, obeying God based solely on trust is not slavish.

If we trust God, and God tells us He doesn't desire slavish obedience but obedience based on intelligent appreciation, reasoning and evidence, wouldn't our trust in Him be manifest by believing this?

If God never asks us to belief something without presenting evidence, this must extend itself to obedience as obedience involves belief.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Is it possible to obey God before understanding His reasons for giving the command? [Re: Tom] #109659
03/10/09 02:21 AM
03/10/09 02:21 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
M: It may or may not mean Jesus used to call them servants. Asking for a passage where Jesus actually called them servants is a reasonable request.

T: Since Jesus said "no longer" did He call them servants, "but" he called them friends, this rules out the possibility that He did not call them servants.

M:Again, there is no record of Jesus calling slaves or servants while He was here. Perhaps it is referring to the OT when He called them servants regularly.

What? The OT?

Quote:
15I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.(John 15)

This is referring to the OT when Jesus called His disciples servants?

Quote:
M: Since there is no record of Jesus ever calling them servants, I am led to conclude that "Henceforth I call you not servants" is not an indication that He used to call them servants.

T: I can think of at least one other place of the top of my head.

M:Please don't post it until after I repeatedly beg you to.

Ok. I wonder if I can think of any more. I found 4 total, but I had to look. I'm curious, when you declared,

Quote:
Since there is no record of Jesus ever calling them servants, I am led to conclude that 'Henceforth I call you not servants' is not an indication that He used to call them servants.

on what basis did you do so? Just because you couldn't think of anything? Or did you look?

Another thing comes to mind. In our discussion regarding the meaning of Christ's death, you assert that Christ clearly explained the meaning of His death, although it's not recorded. Using your own logic here, then, since it's not recorded, He must not have taught it.

Here's the place that came to me off the top of my mind:

Quote:
12When he had finished washing their feet, he put on his clothes and returned to his place. "Do you understand what I have done for you?" he asked them. 13"You call me 'Teacher' and 'Lord,' and rightly so, for that is what I am. 14Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. 15I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. 16I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. 17Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.(John 13)

Quote:
The point is in the Greek there aren't two separate words for slave (involuntary service) and servant (voluntary service). So, how does the Greek language differentiate between the two?

By the context, the same way English differentiates the different meanings of words. For example, "run" has over a hundred meanings. How do you what it means? How do you know what "officer" means? A policeman? A commander in the military? Someone with an important position in a company?

Re: Is it possible to obey God before understanding His reasons for giving the command? [Re: Tom] #109726
03/11/09 05:08 PM
03/11/09 05:08 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: Tom
T: On the other hand, there's an implication of voluntary service which may be implied. If we understand "slave" to mean "involuntary service" then this is another matter. That wouldn't apply at all.

Wouldn't this apply to the disciples as well? I mean, wasn't their service and devotion to Jesus voluntary? If so, how, then, can we say they were servants before they were friends?

Quote:
M: Do you think they stopped being servants because Jesus called them friends?

T: This is besides the point. The point in John 15:15 is that Jesus calls us "not servants (or slaves), but friends" on the basis of having revealed things regarding God to us.

Please answer the question anyhow. Thank you.

Quote:
M: BTW, throughout the Gospels Jesus called many people friend, did it mean they knew everything He knew because He called them friends?

T: No, this is besides the point too. Jesus called these people "friend" because He loved them.

Does it mean He doesn't love them if He calls them servant?

Quote:
M: Are you a servant of the Lord?

T: Regarding myself, I wouldn't wish to make any claims, but let the Lord take care of that. I prefer to speak of Him.

Are you a friend of Jesus?

Quote:
T: Regarding the others, who referred to themselves as servants, this isn't something which should be done lightly. However, all of those you named proved their devotion to Christ, many being martyrs, all giving all they had for Christ, which is the spirit of servanthood, the same spirit God has, who has given all He has for us.

M: Do you think they referred to themselves as servants because they lacked enough information to consider themselves friends?

T: No.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. What do you mean? What criteria do you use to determine whether someone is a servant or a friend?

Quote:
T: You keep jumping around, MM. We're jumping all over the place, dealing with different concepts. Let's make this simple. When Jesus said, "I no longer call you servants but friends ..." do you not think He was wishing to communicate something positive? If so, what was that positive thing He was wishing to communicate? Why do you think this was contingent upon His having told them all things He had heard from the Father?

M: First of all, Jesus Himself said He didn't tell them everything He knew. Secondly, they didn't understand what He was trying to tell them. Lastly, there is no indication their status changed from servant to friend. They went on referring to themselves as the servants of the Lord. Not once did they ever refer to themselves as the friend of Jesus. Thus, you seem to be making something of John 15:15 that the disciples and apostles of Jesus didn't.

T: MM, the point is very simple. Jesus said:

Quote:
5Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.(John 15:15)

He says:

1.Henceforth I call you not servants ...but I have called you friends.

and gives as the reason:

2. (servant)for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth ... (friend)for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

There's no need to go on and on trying to parse "friend" and "servant" and if Jesus said "friend" here or "servant" there or ever called His disciples "servants" or any of that. It's a very simply point; 1 and 2 above.

What do you think this means? What don't we discuss this?

I cannot divorce John 15:15 from the rest of the Gospels and treat it in isolation or as if it exists in a vacuum. Clearly it does not. Obviously the difference has to do with Jesus' perspective. He is the one who decided to view them in a different light using different titles. In light of everything I've posted about it so far, I think it means Jesus felt as if He had conveyed enough of what He knew to His disciples to begin thinking of them in terms of friends.

But, this is not to say they were as informed as Jesus was or that they understood what Jesus told them. Jesus said, "Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you." Immediately after calling them friends, Jesus referred to them as servants. "Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord." The fact they didn't understand everything Jesus knew is clear from the following passage:

Quote:
John
16:16 A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.
16:17 Then said [some] of his disciples among themselves, What is this that he saith unto us, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me: and, Because I go to the Father?
16:18 They said therefore, What is this that he saith, A little while? we cannot tell what he saith.
16:28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.
16:29 His disciples said unto him, Lo, now speakest thou plainly, and speakest no proverb.
16:30 Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God.
16:31 Jesus answered them, Do ye now believe?
16:32 Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me.
16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Shortly thereafter all of them abandoned Him, disowned Him, and one of them even denied Him thrice. Such ignorance and behavior is not indicative of the term or title "friend" according to your criteria.

Nevertheless, for reasons that made sense to Jesus, He viewed them as friends in spite of the fact He knew they didn't understand everything He told them and that they were going to betray Him in just a little while. Obviously Jesus was using a different criteria for friends than you are.

Re: Is it possible to obey God before understanding His reasons for giving the command? [Re: Mountain Man] #109727
03/11/09 05:57 PM
03/11/09 05:57 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
So we read that Abraham's actions were predicated on reasoning and faith.

Why was it necessary for him to rely on reason and faith? Was it because God did not explain why He said, Go and sacrifice your son? Does God expect us to assume His commands are right and reasonable so that we can obey Him unslavishly?

Quote:
T: You speak of trust, but how do you know it's God you're trusting and not the enemy?

God will not command me to do something that contradicts His will and law. Abraham’s story with Isaac was unique.

Quote:
T: If God never asks us to belief something without presenting evidence, this must extend itself to obedience as obedience involves belief.

My point is once God earns our trust and respect He doesn’t have to explain why He commands us to do this or that. Obedience based on a precedence of trust and respect is unslavish. I served the USA as an airman in the Air Force. When a superior ranking officer ordered me to do something, I did not require of him the reasons why. My obedience was based on trust and respect and for the good of the team (squad, flight). My children rendered the same kind of obedience. Such obedience is intelligent and not at all slavish.

Quote:
M: Since there is no record of Jesus ever calling them servants, I am led to conclude that 'Henceforth I call you not servants' is not an indication that He used to call them servants.

T: On what basis did you do so? Just because you couldn't think of anything? Or did you look?

Yes, I did a word search and nothing turned up. That is, where Jesus called servants. I did find where Jesus said they should serve one another as servants. “And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant. . . But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.” “If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all.”

Quote:
T: Another thing comes to mind. In our discussion regarding the meaning of Christ's death, you assert that Christ clearly explained the meaning of His death, although it's not recorded. Using your own logic here, then, since it's not recorded, He must not have taught it.

I suspect the very opposite of what you think I believe. I suspect Jesus did call them servants but it wasn’t recorded. His inferences were recorded but none of them reflect him calling them servants directly. Neither do such inferences indicate they stopped being servants.

Quote:
M: The point is in the Greek there aren't two separate words for slave (involuntary service) and servant (voluntary service). So, how does the Greek language differentiate between the two?

T: By the context, the same way English differentiates the different meanings of words.

Do you know of any biblical examples where the context makes it clear the Greek word is differentiating between slave (involuntary service) and servant (voluntary service)?

Re: Is it possible to obey God before understanding His reasons for giving the command? [Re: Mountain Man] #109755
03/12/09 04:46 PM
03/12/09 04:46 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
I started to post this, and lost it, sorry. I don't have time to go through it all, but I think the following covers the most important points, although you're certainly free to bring up any points again.

Quote:
I cannot divorce John 15:15 from the rest of the Gospels and treat it in isolation or as if it exists in a vacuum. Clearly it does not. Obviously the difference has to do with Jesus' perspective. He is the one who decided to view them in a different light using different titles. In light of everything I've posted about it so far, I think it means Jesus felt as if He had conveyed enough of what He knew to His disciples to begin thinking of them in terms of friends.

I think Jesus said He was calling them friends as opposed to servants because the servant does what he is told, without the knowledge of why being important. Jesus made this same point in the parable of the servants.

As opposed to simply doing something because one is told, Jesus is revealing them "all things I received from the Father," which is not simply verbal information (the SOP points out Christ wasn't simply communicating words to them is revealing all things, but what He was doing was included as well), so that they can do things because they have an understanding of what's going on. Calling them friends indicates a higher level of trust and taking others into one's confidence.

Quote:
Shortly thereafter all of them abandoned Him, disowned Him, and one of them even denied Him thrice. Such ignorance and behavior is not indicative of the term or title "friend" according to your criteria.

If you mean they didn't act as they should have, as friends, you're right. Their behavior wasn't indicative of that as a friend.

Quote:
Nevertheless, for reasons that made sense to Jesus, He viewed them as friends in spite of the fact He knew they didn't understand everything He told them and that they were going to betray Him in just a little while.

He called Judas "friend" as well. He did so because He loved him.

Quote:
Obviously Jesus was using a different criteria for friends than you are.

Your basing this comment on the basis of their behavior, it looks like. I think it's obvious you've made the wrong conclusion. You should have concluded they didn't behave as friends.

Re: Is it possible to obey God before understanding His reasons for giving the command? [Re: Tom] #109757
03/12/09 04:55 PM
03/12/09 04:55 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
Why was it necessary for him to rely on reason and faith?

It's impossible to please God without faith. God wants us to have faith. Faith is a good thing.

Quote:
Was it because God did not explain why He said, Go and sacrifice your son?

No.

Quote:
Does God expect us to assume His commands are right and reasonable so that we can obey Him unslavishly?

What are you asking here?

Quote:
T: You speak of trust, but how do you know it's God you're trusting and not the enemy?

M:God will not command me to do something that contradicts His will and law.

Which is exactly the point! This is precisely what I've been pointing out, and exactly what I've been saying, which just slightly different language (e.g. knowing God's character, the principles of His government).

If you know God's will and law, the foundation upon which you determine whether a command you receive is from God or not, then you're obey on the basis of understanding, and if you love the law, then from intelligent appreciation.

I'll think I'll stop here, since this has been my whole point.

Re: Is it possible to obey God before understanding His reasons for giving the command? [Re: Tom] #109844
03/14/09 03:56 PM
03/14/09 03:56 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
M: I cannot divorce John 15:15 from the rest of the Gospels and treat it in isolation or as if it exists in a vacuum. Clearly it does not. Obviously the difference has to do with Jesus' perspective. He is the one who decided to view them in a different light using different titles. In light of everything I've posted about it so far, I think it means Jesus felt as if He had conveyed enough of what He knew to His disciples to begin thinking of them in terms of friends.

T: I think Jesus said He was calling them friends as opposed to servants because the servant does what he is told, without the knowledge of why being important. Jesus made this same point in the parable of the servants.

As opposed to simply doing something because one is told, Jesus is revealing them "all things I received from the Father," which is not simply verbal information (the SOP points out Christ wasn't simply communicating words to them is revealing all things, but what He was doing was included as well), so that they can do things because they have an understanding of what's going on. Calling them friends indicates a higher level of trust and taking others into one's confidence.

Yeah, that's what I said.

Quote:
M: Shortly thereafter all of them abandoned Him, disowned Him, and one of them even denied Him thrice. Such ignorance and behavior is not indicative of the term or title "friend" according to your criteria.

T: If you mean they didn't act as they should have, as friends, you're right. Their behavior wasn't indicative of that as a friend.

That's why I said it has more to do with Jesus' perspective.

Quote:
M: Nevertheless, for reasons that made sense to Jesus, He viewed them as friends in spite of the fact He knew they didn't understand everything He told them and that they were going to betray Him in just a little while.

T: He called Judas "friend" as well. He did so because He loved him.

Again, it's Jesus perspective. Just because he called someone friend it did not mean they were as informed and knowledgeable as He was.

Quote:
M: Obviously Jesus was using a different criteria for friends than you are.

T: Your basing this comment on the basis of their behavior, it looks like. I think it's obvious you've made the wrong conclusion. You should have concluded they didn't behave as friends.

They never really behaved as friends until after the Pentecost.

Re: Is it possible to obey God before understanding His reasons for giving the command? [Re: Tom] #109845
03/14/09 04:02 PM
03/14/09 04:02 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
M: Why was it necessary for him to rely on reason and faith?

T: It's impossible to please God without faith. God wants us to have faith. Faith is a good thing.

M: Was it because God did not explain why He said, Go and sacrifice your son?

T: No.

M: Does God expect us to assume His commands are right and reasonable so that we can obey Him unslavishly?

T: What are you asking here?

Abraham obeyed God based on trust not based on the content of the command. God didn't provide him with reasons why, and yet his obedience was not considered slavish. That's the point.

Quote:

M: God will not command me to do something that contradicts His will and law.

T: Which is exactly the point! This is precisely what I've been pointing out, and exactly what I've been saying, which just slightly different language (e.g. knowing God's character, the principles of His government).

If you know God's will and law, the foundation upon which you determine whether a command you receive is from God or not, then you're obey on the basis of understanding, and if you love the law, then from intelligent appreciation.

I'm glad you agree with me on this point. God does not have to explain the reasons why He expects us to obey when he commands us to - Go and sacrifice your son. Obeying Him simply because He said so is based on trust and is more than sufficient. And, such obedience is not slavish.

Re: Is it possible to obey God before understanding His reasons for giving the command? [Re: Mountain Man] #109849
03/14/09 04:34 PM
03/14/09 04:34 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
Abraham obeyed God based on trust not based on the content of the command. God didn't provide him with reasons why, and yet his obedience was not considered slavish. That's the point.

I disagree. If the command had been for Abraham to have had sex with his son, he wouldn't have done that, right? If so, then Abraham's obedience did take into account the content of the command.

When I asked you how would you know if you were following God's voice or not in response to a command, you said you would take into account God's will and His law, an excellent answer. Wouldn't Abraham have done the same?

Quote:

M: God will not command me to do something that contradicts His will and law.

T: Which is exactly the point! This is precisely what I've been pointing out, and exactly what I've been saying, which just slightly different language (e.g. knowing God's character, the principles of His government).

M:I'm glad you agree with me on this point.

A rather odd comment. I've been arguing this point for 30 pages, and you finally agree with it. You could have done so 30 pages ago! Actually this thread spawned off another thread. You could have agreed on that thread.

Quote:
God does not have to explain the reasons why He expects us to obey when he commands us to - Go and sacrifice your son. Obeying Him simply because He said so is based on trust and is more than sufficient.

It's not sufficient. Using your own guidelines, it's necessary to know God's will and His law. His law is a transcript of His character, so knowing His law means knowing His character.

Again, consider the question of if Abraham had been commanded to have sex with his son. Would he have done that?

How about you? Certainly there are things you would refuse to do on the basis of their being immoral, even if you thought it was an angel or God telling you to do so. Indeed, wouldn't you reject the idea that it was an angel or God telling you to do something if it were something you knew to be contrary to His will or law?

Quote:
And, such obedience is not slavish.

You're sort of talking out of both sides of your mouth. An obedience which did not take anything into account, such as the content of the command, would be slavish. That's what "slavish obedience" means. It's simply "yes, sir" without any thought whatsoever of what one is doing, whether such a thing is immoral, what the consequences of such an action would, etc.

However, the obedience you're suggesting, based on an understanding of God's will and His law, is not slavish obedience.

Page 31 of 36 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 35 36

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:07 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!