HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,629
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Nadi, 3 invisible), 3,062 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
What's beautiful about Christ's character? #11026
10/06/04 01:16 AM
10/06/04 01:16 AM
Tom  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
In discussing Christians and sinning, there has been a consensus that the way to victory is by beholding Christ. So I thought I'd start this thread.

Here are couple of things I find beautiful about Christ's character:
1) How He met the woman caught in adultery. "Neither do I condemn you. Go and sin no more."
2) Jesus washed Judas' feet. He left no stone unturn attempting to win him.
3) Jesus prayed for Peter, and met him with such a look of compassion that it led to his repentence.

I'm actually relating incidents in Christ's life as revelations of His character, but this subject could be treated in other ways.

What do you find beautiful about Christ's character?

Re: What's beautiful about Christ's character? #11027
10/06/04 02:49 PM
10/06/04 02:49 PM
John H.  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
North Carolina, USA
He cares deeply about the tiniest, most particular, intimate details of our lives, knows what's best for each of us, and brings it about in the most amazing ways.

Re: What's beautiful about Christ's character? #11028
10/07/04 03:20 AM
10/07/04 03:20 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
The following thought absolutely blows my mind, and makes me love Jesus more than anything else.

DA 416
Jesus did not count heaven a place to be desired while we were lost. He left the heavenly courts for a life of reproach and insult, and a death of shame. He who was rich in heaven's priceless treasure, became poor, that through His poverty we might be rich. {DA 416.3}

Re: What's beautiful about Christ's character? #11029
10/07/04 05:52 PM
10/07/04 05:52 PM
Tom  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Excellent! It reminds me of this one:

"Never can the cost of our redemption be realized until the redeemed shall stand with the Redeemer before the throne of God. Then as the glories of the eternal home burst upon our enraptured senses we shall remember that Jesus left all this for us, that He not only became an exile from the heavenly courts, but for us took the risk of failure and eternal loss. Then we shall cast our crowns at His feet, and raise the song, 'Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing.' Rev. 5:12." (DA 131)

Re: What's beautiful about Christ's character? #11030
10/09/04 07:24 AM
10/09/04 07:24 AM
Zita  Offline
Christchurch, New Zealand
His attention to the details of my life here on earth, the way He reveals His love to me by speaking through nature messages of encouragement when facing bitter disappointment.

I came across an area in the bush that had been devestated by a storm. Littered on the ground were a thousand pieces of branches of a once standing vibrant tree. Littered around, dead sticks lay, but up through the middle had grown a beautiful arum lily in flower.
The message was clear, stand tall in the midst of the storms of life.

In another area, the giant trees had been felled to clear the bush for new growth. Up through the decaying logs, new ferns were growing - new life.

After the storm has passed, there is new growth, spiritual growth.Don't be afraid of the storms.
I sat on a log and rejoiced that God has his hand over His children.

God's character is one of pure love, one that wants to rescue us in every situation we find ourselves in. It's His caring, nurturing ,sympathetic to our needs that my heart responds to.
I love You Lord, and I lift my voice, to worship You..............

Re: What's beautiful about Christ's character? #11031
10/09/04 02:44 PM
10/09/04 02:44 PM
T
Ted Phelps  Offline
Posting New Member
Turlock, CA
This is a beautiful thread. Thank you Tom.
I love the glimpses into His character as revealed in the parables that Jesus taught. His love, mercy, compassion, and patience as revealed in the parables of the prodigal son and the lost sheep, not to mention the good Samaritan. Of course, there are many more...

Zita, I too, am constantly amazed at the revelations of His character in nature. When hiking in the Sierra Mts. it never ceases to amaze me when I come across a single flowering plant clinging to a large granite rock, apparently growing from its surface. I cannot help but think of how we are to cling to Jesus, The Rock, regardless of the circumstance we may find ourselves. For He will supply all our needs. He promises, "I will never leave thee nor forsake thee."

I love how Jesus tenderly revealed Himself to the woman at the well and the woman at the temple (Mary Magdalene??). Never condoning or condemning them for their sinful lives, Jesus only pointed them to the God of Love, "merciful and gracious, long suffering, and abundant in goodness and truth, keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin."

"Christ declares the mission he had in coming to the earth. He says in his last public prayer, "O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me. And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it; that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them." [JOHN 17:25,26.] When Moses asked the Lord to show him his glory, the Lord said, "I will make all my goodness pass before thee." [EX. 33:19.] "And the Lord passed by before him, and proclaimed, The Lord, The Lord God, merciful and gracious, long suffering, and abundant in goodness and truth, keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty. . . . And Moses made haste, and bowed his head toward the earth, and worshiped." [EX. 34:6-8.] When we are able to comprehend the character of God as did Moses, we too shall make haste to bow in adoration and praise. Jesus contemplated nothing less than "that the love wherewith Thou hast love me" [JOHN 17:26.] should be in the hearts of his children, that they might impart the knowledge of God to others.
   "O what an assurance is this, that the love of God may abide in the hearts of all who believe in him! O what salvation is provided; for he is able to save unto the uttermost all that come unto God by him. In wonder we exclaim, How can these things be? But Jesus will be satisfied with nothing less than this. Those who are partakers of his sufferings here, of his humiliation, enduring for his name's sake, are to have to love of God bestowed upon them as it was upon the Son. One who knows, has said, "The Father himself loveth you." [JOHN 16:27.] One who has had an experimental knowledge of the length, and breadth, and height, and depth of that love, has declared unto us this amazing fact. This love is ours through faith in the Son of God, therefore a connection with Christ means everything to us. We are to be one with him as he is one with the Father, and then we are beloved by the infinite God as members of the body of Christ, as branches of the living Vine. We are to be attached to the parent stock, and to receive nourishment from the Vine. Christ is our glorified Head, and the divine love flowing from the heart of God, rests in Christ, and is communicated to those who have been united to him. This divine love entering the soul inspires it with gratitude, frees it from its spiritual feebleness, from pride, vanity, and selfishness, and from all that would deform the Christian character." {Christian Education, p. 75}

Ted

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!