HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,629
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, Nadi, 2 invisible), 2,967 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 62 of 100 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 99 100
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: asygo] #110507
03/26/09 03:01 PM
03/26/09 03:01 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
A:I'll ask again the same, unanswered question I've asked many times: Are you saying that Jesus "received the genetically passed hereditary inclinations of His ancestors" to be a harlot?

T:I answered the question I thought you were asking. Your question, as written, doesn't make sense to me. I'm assuming by "harlot" you mean a female prostitute. Is this correct?

A:Female prostitute mostly do it for the money, not because of sex.
However male prostitute would do it for just the reward of sex. To my opinion, there a lot more male prostitutes around than woman prostitutes.

To answer your question, yes. As Haskell put it, "this is fallen humanity, with its hereditary inclinations." A. T. Jones did a thorough job explaining this in his 1895 GC Sermons.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: asygo] #110508
03/26/09 03:28 PM
03/26/09 03:28 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Regarding #110496, I inadvertently responded to Elle's post instead of yours, but the answer's still "yes."

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: Tom] #110509
03/26/09 03:41 PM
03/26/09 03:41 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Tom
E:Now relating this to us, or 144,000, or those from the Great harvest described in Revelation, can you explain how are we going to show God's character?
T: Along the lines of the example. By loving and treating people the way Jesus did.

E: Are we going to be changed? If so, what part of our being? And how much of it?

T: By beholding we become changed. Our mind changes. We receive the mind of Christ, meaning that we think about things (especially God) as Christ did.

Victory over sin is not achieve by trying to get victory over this or that particular sin, crossing that off, and going to the next one. That sounds more like bondage than victory. Victory comes as our whole way of thinking changes, so that our paradigm, our frame of reference, our outlook on things, is like Christ's was.

So our Mind gets physically changed? I want you to explain it in very detail fashion, what should I be expecting in regards to santification or transformation? Is my mind going to change physically to be able to reflect Christ's Character? If so, how much of my mind? And before Christ can come and get us, do you think everyone will need there whole mind physically transform?

And when we are talking about our mind changed are referring mainly to our frontal lobe?

Blessings
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: Elle] #110522
03/26/09 05:34 PM
03/26/09 05:34 PM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Originally Posted By: Elle
Originally Posted By: Tom
E:Now relating this to us, or 144,000, or those from the Great harvest described in Revelation, can you explain how are we going to show God's character?
T: Along the lines of the example. By loving and treating people the way Jesus did.

E: Are we going to be changed? If so, what part of our being? And how much of it?

T: By beholding we become changed. Our mind changes. We receive the mind of Christ, meaning that we think about things (especially God) as Christ did.

Victory over sin is not achieve by trying to get victory over this or that particular sin, crossing that off, and going to the next one. That sounds more like bondage than victory. Victory comes as our whole way of thinking changes, so that our paradigm, our frame of reference, our outlook on things, is like Christ's was.

So our Mind gets physically changed? I want you to explain it in very detail fashion, what should I be expecting in regards to santification or transformation? Is my mind going to change physically to be able to reflect Christ's Character? If so, how much of my mind? And before Christ can come and get us, do you think everyone will need there whole mind physically transform?

And when we are talking about our mind changed are referring mainly to our frontal lobe?

our thoughts and motives are to change, is my understanding, both from the bible and sop.

in studying the life of Christ, if we submit, the Holy Spirit changes how we view things. our motives and actions start changing. all of this is dependent on how we view the actions of Christ, whether He reacted in anger or coldness to any situations or was it in yearning love...

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: Tom] #110523
03/26/09 05:41 PM
03/26/09 05:41 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
This involves the will, so, as she view "corrupt nature" as involving the will, and our receiving a sinful nature does not involve the will, she didn't say Christ took a corrupt nature, but a sinful nature nature.

In the quote I cited, she did say, by inference, that Christ took a nature with corrupt principles or tendencies to evil.

Oh, then Christ took a nature that wasn’t corrupted but had corrupt principles? And in your conception a nature with corrupt principles is not corrupted? Can someone really accept such an absurd argument?

Quote:
R: So the concept of original sin is wrong because it involves the idea that simply the act of being requires a Savior, but the corporate concept involves the same idea, however it’s correct. What is the logic of this?
T: It's not the same idea. Original sin involves the idea that through heredity we receive tendencies to sin, which tendencies, of themselves, constitute a taint of sin, making us guilty of sin. The corporate idea is that we (the entire human race) are condemned in Adam and justified (the entire human race) in Christ.

So your view is that the sin of Adam is imputed to us?

Quote:
T:Yes, Christ was in Adam. He was born condemned, under the sentence of death. Waggoner explains this in "The Gospel in Galatians".
R:I’ve never heard anything so absurd!
T: The same reaction Butler had!

So? You seem to believe that everything Butler said was wrong, and that everything Jones and Waggoner said was right. Ellen White never took this position, and neither do I.

Quote:
R: If Christ was born condemned, under the sentence of death, how is it that He didn’t need a savior, since that is the very reason why we need a savior? If He Himself must die, if He owed His own life, He could never have died in our place.
T: This is the same argument Butler made, which Waggoner addressed.

This is not Butler’s argument and Waggoner didn’t address it (at least not in the passage you quoted). Could you address it, please?

Quote:
That "under the law" in Gal. 4:4-5 does not mean "subject to the law" is clear from the context, as Waggoner explains.

No, it’s not at all clear from the context.

Quote:
R: She uses the word “sin” referring to Seth’s sinful nature. This is easy to see and understand.
T: It's a similar thought to Ps. 51:5. You'd agree with this, wouldn't you?

Yes, and there is still an equating between the concept of sinful nature and the concept of sin.
It’s interesting that while Ellen White says that Seth ”was born in sin” (SR 57), she says that Christ “was born without a taint of sin” (7A BC 462).

Quote:
Being sexually attracted to someone is not "behavior." Behavior is something you do. For example, smelling a pleasant odor and being attracted to it, like coffee, is also not "behavior."

OK, then I would say that “sexual attraction” is part of the mindset of the world. Something we should leave behind.
By the way, coffee smell is unpleasant. Well, at least to me. smile

Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: Tom] #110525
03/26/09 05:44 PM
03/26/09 05:44 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
R: Please notice how Ellen White drew extensively from him. It would be very strange for her to use his terminology if she didn't agree with his view.
T: It would be a lot stranger to endorse a sermon as "truth separated from error" on a subject with which one disagreed!
R:I'm not a postlapsarian, and agree with everything Prescott said in that sermon.
T: This would only be possible by giving a meaning to Prescott's words which he did not intend.
Regarding the following: ... I recall your disagreeing with this in the past, especially the Melchizedek argument.

No, I disagreed with your concept of corporate justification. It took me some time to find this, but we discussed the subject less than a year ago. I especially discuss Prescott’s sermon in my posts #99045, 99082 and 99118.

http://www.maritime-sda-online.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=99186&page=16

Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: Tom] #110526
03/26/09 05:46 PM
03/26/09 05:46 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
You're saying that Christ, unlike Adam, needed a supernatural enmity against Satan implanted in His human nature?

I had said that in my post #109859 (March 14), in this same thread.
Do you ever pay attention to what I write? smile

Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: Elle] #110527
03/26/09 05:54 PM
03/26/09 05:54 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
Rosangela, what do you mean with "He needed a supernatural enmity against Satan implanted in His human nature"?

Do you mean, because He was to be confronted with all imaginary attacks(temptations) from Satan, that he must of been equipped with a supernatural enmity against Satan?

I understand that Jesus wasn't allowed to use his divine power to meet Satan's attack and He had to rely 100% on the Father, but I wonder, didn't Jesus character meaning, His mind not changed during the incarnation. Therefore, Jesus was naturally enmity against Satan, because that's who Jesus was. Also, this would apply to rebellion, Jesus's mind was never ever rebellious to himself? I would like to understand this.

Hi, Elle! I was referring to this quote of Ellen White:

"The enmity referred to in the prophecy in Eden was not to be confined merely to Satan and the Prince of life. It was to be universal. Satan and his angels were to feel the enmity of all mankind. 'I will put enmity,' said God, 'between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel' (Gen. 3:15). The enmity put between the seed of the serpent and the seed of the woman was supernatural. With Christ the enmity was in one sense natural; in another sense it was supernatural, as humanity and divinity were combined. And never was the enmity developed to such a marked degree as when Christ became an inhabitant of this earth. Never before had there been a being upon the earth who hated sin with so perfect a hatred as did Christ. He had seen its deceiving, infatuating power upon the holy angels, and all His powers were enlisted against it." {1SM 254.1, 2}

Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: Rosangela] #110528
03/26/09 06:07 PM
03/26/09 06:07 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Thanks Rosangela. That's a very excellent quote and might explain a dimension to me. So please help me with this reasoning.

1. If the enmity toward sin was a supernatural implant in human Jesus, therefore, he was not like us.
2. However, this could explain that Jesus inherited all sinful tendencies.
3. Could we equate this enmity towards sin, to not having a rebellious nature?
4. So this could also explain that if Jesus inherited all sinful tendencies from 4000 years of inheritence, then this enmity toward sin would make it possible for Baby Jesus to not sin.

Blessings
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: Elle] #110531
03/26/09 06:56 PM
03/26/09 06:56 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
So our Mind gets physically changed?

No. The mind is a concept, not a physical entity, but housed in the brain, which is.

Quote:
I want you to explain it in very detail fashion, what should I be expecting in regards to santification or transformation? Is my mind going to change physically to be able to reflect Christ's Character? If so, how much of my mind? And before Christ can come and get us, do you think everyone will need there whole mind physically transform?

As I mentioned previously, one's way of thinking changes; one's paradigm, frame of reference, perception, etc.

Page 62 of 100 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 99 100

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!