HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,600
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,156 guests, and 20 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 86 of 100 1 2 84 85 86 87 88 99 100
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: asygo] #111708
04/13/09 06:05 PM
04/13/09 06:05 PM
W
William  Offline
London, England
Quote:
It is FOTAP because you are assuming that justification=salvation in this instance without proving it. And if you are correct, then that is Evangelical, rather than Adventist teaching. Welcome to the club.

Smarty pants. Nice try offering free memberships in this economy! thanks

Salesmanship aside, for clarity's sake let's reiterate what justification practically implies for both parties:

Assurance for inauthentic Evangelicalism means Christ covers the sins that you can’t overcome based on an overarching umbrella of justification.

Assurance for authentic Adventism means Christ covers the sins that you commit (provided you confess and repent), but empowers you to overcome them so you stop committing those sins.

But you knew this, of course.

Quote:
"And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live" (Deut. 30:6). It is God that circumcises the heart. The whole work is the Lord's from the beginning to the end. The perishing sinner may say: "I am a lost sinner; but Christ came to seek and to save that which was lost. He says, 'I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance' (Mark 2:17). I am a sinner, and He died upon Calvary's cross to save me. I need not remain a moment longer unsaved. He died and rose again for my justification, and He will save me now. I accept the forgiveness He has promised." {1SM 392.1}

William

Last edited by William; 04/13/09 07:02 PM.

:: Harmony not hate leads your opponent's mind to wisdom; beating him there always with tender heart. —Anonymous
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: asygo] #111712
04/13/09 09:05 PM
04/13/09 09:05 PM
W
William  Offline
London, England
Quote:
A: But I don't believe premise #2 is true, making the argument unsound [T: 2. Original sin/the human nature of Christ plays a profound part in understanding righteousness by faith.].

This is what Adams wrote for the QODC:

"The rationale for Andreasen’s contention that Jesus’ victory is repeatable by the final generation had everything to do with his perception of the kind of humanity Jesus took. We see this in his comment on Hebrews 10:19, 20, in which he maintained that Christ’s body needed to be “cleansed and purified from every defilement” before He could pass “through the curtain” into the heavenly sanctuary. And just as Jesus needed to be purified and cleansed, just so His followers, having the same body, need to undergo a similar purification and cleansing."

Isn't this what Ellen White taught in The Great Controversy? For more, especially see chapters "What is the Sanctuary?" "In the Holy of Holies," and "Facing Life's Record."

Call me thick, chap, but where does Andreasen disagree with the only inspired source on this forum?

But just don't call me understated, I resemble that! cool

William

:: Harmony not hate leads your opponent's mind to wisdom; beating him there always with tender heart. —Anonymous
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: William] #111716
04/14/09 03:10 AM
04/14/09 03:10 AM
W
William  Offline
London, England
In No. 10 and 11 (GCB 1893) Jones preached that the Latter Rain was connected to a deeper understanding of Christ's “human flesh,” or the “righteousness of Christ—the life that He lived—for you and me.”

He was referring to Revelation three's “raiment,” “that garment that is woven in the loom of heaven” (quoting White). And “that garment,” Jones offered, “was woven in Jesus; in the same flesh and blood that we have.”

Fresh and fascinating were these revelations for willing listeners, to be sure.

Jones also connected this very teaching with “the latter rain in connection with the fall of Babylon,” “the bestowal of that power, and that glory, with which the angel of Rev. 18 comes down and lightens the earth.”

He concluded that the message of Christ's human flesh as humanity's holy raiment was, in fact, “that message of the righteousness of Christ [which] is the Loud Cry.”

Jones' clarifying teachings were obviously approved by Ellen White during and immediately after he presented these unprecedented topics in 1893; that much is certain, despite his later deviations.

It is at any wonder, I humbly submit, that every supernatural power antagonistic toward Adventism, in this very hour, would attempt to prevent the reintroduction of “that message of glory that lightens the earth”?

Sobering thought. Read the GCB for yourselves.

More could be added on this delicate subject in order to substantiate Jones' premise, but for now hopefully the point is unmistakable: the humanity of Christ was and is irrevocably linked with Justification By Faith or the Third Angel's Message.

William

Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: Tom] #111717
04/14/09 03:49 AM
04/14/09 03:49 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Originally Posted By: Tom
I don't think I asserted anything or assumed anything. You said "sanctification *is* salvation" so I'm asking you why, in the same vein, one couldn't say "justification is salvation."

The quick answer lies in your own statement: "Salvation" is a broader term than "justification." A review of the context of what I was saying about justification, sanctification, and salvation should show why I believe your statement. Of course, there are other contexts where "justification is salvation" works, but not with what I was talking about.

You answered my question by saying that since Jesus didn't use the word "salvation" but "justification" it must follow that He had something else in mind. I don't think this is a valid inference.

If "salvation" is broader than "justification" then you cannot replace "justification" with "salvation" unless you clarify it by shrinking the meaning of "salvation" to make it fit. Otherwise, it's too big to fit in the space provided. If you don't see that yet, imagine replacing 8 oz of tap water with a gallon of bottled water; even if there are very real similarities, a gallon simply doesn't fit in a glass.

I don't subscribe to MM's theory either. However, it appears to me that you're understanding justification differently than I am, so I'm curious to explore this further. However, it may be that it's not a matter of understanding the concept differently, but simply expressing things differently.

Check this quote:
Quote:
Bible sanctification is to know the requirements of God and to obey them. {5BC 1147.2}

1) Is this sanctification required for salvation?
2) Did the publican have this as he walked home?

Even "sanctification" has varying shades of meaning. Here's more:
Quote:
Bible sanctification is a conformity to the will of God, attained by rendering obedience to his law, through faith in his Son. {4SP 299.1}

Here is Bible sanctification. It is not merely a show or outside work. It is sanctification received through the channel of truth. It is truth received in the heart, and practically carried out in the life. {RH, May 6, 1862 par. 21}

Bible sanctification is implicit obedience to the requirements of God. {ST, February 10, 1888 par. 5}

The followers of Christ are to become like Him--by the grace of God to form characters in harmony with the principles of His holy law. This is Bible sanctification. {GC 469.2}

You asked about the Sabbath. Here's a quote to consider:
Quote:
The Sabbath is to be a sign between God and His people. "Verily My Sabbaths ye shall keep; for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you." This is Bible sanctification. {ST, March 20, 1901 par. 1}

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: William] #111719
04/14/09 04:03 AM
04/14/09 04:03 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Originally Posted By: William
the humanity of Christ was and is irrevocably linked with Justification By Faith or the Third Angel's Message.

Do you include His spiritual nature in that assertion re: the "humanity of Christ"?

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: William] #111720
04/14/09 04:05 AM
04/14/09 04:05 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Assurance for inauthentic Evangelicalism means Christ covers the sins that you can’t overcome based on an overarching umbrella of justification.

Assurance for authentic Adventism means Christ covers the sins that you commit (provided you confess and repent), but empowers you to overcome them so you stop committing those sins.

Is there such a thing as an "unavoidable deficiency" that requires Christ's imputed righteousness in order to be acceptable in the sight of God?

By God's grace,
Arnold

Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: asygo] #111721
04/14/09 04:21 AM
04/14/09 04:21 AM
W
William  Offline
London, England
Quote:
Is there such a thing as an "unavoidable deficiency" that requires Christ's imputed righteousness in order to be acceptable in the sight of God?

There is in Calvinist theology.

William

Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: asygo] #111722
04/14/09 04:24 AM
04/14/09 04:24 AM
W
William  Offline
London, England
Quote:
Do you include His spiritual nature in that assertion re: the "humanity of Christ"?

By "spritual nature" do you mean His own sinless nature or the sinful nature He took upon Himself?

William

Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: asygo] #111732
04/14/09 03:00 PM
04/14/09 03:00 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: asygo
I'm very interested in what you mean by the underlined portion.

I'll have to come back to this to add details. But the short answer is that I don't subscribe to MM's "morally perfect when you are born again" theory. After being born again, there is still conversion to do.

Arnold, I also believe that in most cases people experience rebirth before they complete the process of converting to obeying everything Jesus commanded. However, the Bible doesn't describe such cases. Yes, Rom 2:13-15 describes cases involving people who are considered savable because they live in harmony with their conscience and convictions, but in such cases they did not experience rebirth or conversion in the normal sense of the word.

Again, most people experience rebirth before they complete converting to obeying everything Jesus commanded. In such cases, they are lacking in areas that require BIble study and prayer. For example, they may have crucified their old man habits of sin and experienced rebirth before learning about Sabbath-keeping or health reform. In such cases, they are reining in their moral imperfections and keeping them under the control of a sanctified will and mind.

However, they are ignorantly breaking the law of God as it pertains to the Sabbath and health. Nevertheless, they are morally perfect in that they are not violating the law of God as they know it. So, the question is, what do you think such believers can do ignorantly that violates the will and law of God?

Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: William] #111733
04/14/09 03:01 PM
04/14/09 03:01 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: This is what Adams wrote for the QODC
"The rationale for Andreasen’s contention that Jesus’ victory is repeatable by the final generation had everything to do with his perception of the kind of humanity Jesus took. We see this in his comment on Hebrews 10:19, 20, in which he maintained that Christ’s body needed to be “cleansed and purified from every defilement” before He could pass “through the curtain” into the heavenly sanctuary. And just as Jesus needed to be purified and cleansed, just so His followers, having the same body, need to undergo a similar purification and cleansing."
Salut William, I'm glad to see you are digging into this vital understanding. I now believe in a post-laps through and through as I stated in the "Immortality and Jesus Death on the cross" thread. That thread is to study about the humanity of Christ.

Can you tell me what is QODC. Some type of "Questions on Doctrines Commentaries"? Is this document on-line? What about GCB?

In No. 10 and 11 (GCB 1893) Jones preached that the Latter Rain was connected to a deeper understanding of Christ's “human flesh,” or the “righteousness of Christ—the life that He lived—for you and me.”

He was referring to Revelation three's “raiment,” “that garment that is woven in the loom of heaven” (quoting White). And “that garment,” Jones offered, “was woven in Jesus; in the same flesh and blood that we have.”
This garment that Jesus woved in our same flesh and blood, we are to put Jesus garment on rather than weave our own through Jesus' blood? Would the wearing of Jesus holy garment be an equivalent to "washing our garments in the blood of the lamb."?

Quote:
Jones also connected this very teaching with “the latter rain in connection with the fall of Babylon,” “the bestowal of that power, and that glory, with which the angel of Rev. 18 comes down and lightens the earth.”

He concluded that the message of Christ's human flesh as humanity's holy raiment was, in fact, “that message of the righteousness of Christ [which] is the Loud Cry.”

It is at any wonder, I humbly submit, that every supernatural power antagonistic toward Adventism, in this very hour, would attempt to prevent the reintroduction of “that message of glory that lightens the earth”?
Yes, I believe that rain is coming down now and will seal the 144,000. Have you ever considered the 7 thunders in Rev 10? The 144,000, of course will give the 3AM but I believe also will be revealed the 7 thunders and be sealed as a result which (my hunch) is 7 important truths that needs to be proclaimed about Jesus and will inspire faith and victory in Him. Revelation talks about a numberless multitude that will respond to the message and will be seal also. I do believe that the humanity of Christ is one of the 7 thunders.

Blessings
Page 86 of 100 1 2 84 85 86 87 88 99 100

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!