HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,641
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 15
kland 6
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Kevin H), 3,435 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 49 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 48 49
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: Elle] #112360
04/28/09 05:55 PM
04/28/09 05:55 PM
W
William  Offline
London, England
Quote:
I would appreciate if you give it some thoughts and prayers, Will. I have no problem seeing that it's possible for the other three powers to be "subjugating" however, the immortality just doesn't work. He had to be mortal like a man to die. And I don't buy that he had both, immortality and mortality, at the same time.

Absolutely, Elle. And I do see a potential conundrum here, one that already has me pulling my locks.

William

:: Harmony not hate leads your opponent's mind to wisdom; beating him there always with tender heart. —Anonymous
Reply Quote
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: William] #112365
04/28/09 06:58 PM
04/28/09 06:58 PM
Tom  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Elle, do you buy that Christ was both divine and human at the same time? As God, He couldn't die, but as man, He could. This would be similar to saying that as God, He could not be tempted, but as man, He could be. Would you disagree with this as well?

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Reply Quote
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: Tom] #112369
04/28/09 09:11 PM
04/28/09 09:11 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Tom
Elle, do you buy that Christ was both divine and human at the same time? As God, He couldn't die, but as man, He could. This would be similar to saying that as God, He could not be tempted, but as man, He could be. Would you disagree with this as well?

I buy what the Bible tells me. The Bible says Jesus was the Son of God, the only begotten Son of God. I don't buy anymore that he had immortality, omni-presence, etc... The Bible does not say that. As far as I read scripture, Jesus had to rely 100% on the father. Through the father, he had insight, power, etc.. just like we can have insight, power throught Jesus. And Jesus died a man's death.

I don't know, about "Jesus as God, he could not be tempted". Is there any scripture that says that?

Have you studied about what scriptures reveals versus Jesus being "begotten"? What does it mean that Jesus was in the Bossom of the Father before creation?

Anyway this is off topic, and should move to the "Immortality and Jesus death..." thread if there's something significant that can be added.

Blessings
Reply Quote
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: Tom] #112374
04/28/09 10:00 PM
04/28/09 10:00 PM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Quote:
I'm not privy to the "histories" you have read, so I can't respond.

This is public knowledge. Those disagreeing with the postlapsarian position agree with the facts I've presented; these aren't in dispute. The dispute has been over the viability of Ellen White's being the lone prelapsarian of the church.

Quote:
As for the "holy flesh," you've referred to all I know is what egw has said, and again have not been privy to any "histories" of that event.

The knowledge is in the public domain. I've been asserting the whole time that the viewpoint you've been presenting is not a viable alternative and giving reasons why. As Ellen White points out, the truth has nothing to fear from investigation.

It's a matter of public record what Donnel believed. I've quoted this several times. It's also a matter of public record how Haskell responded, which I've quoted several times. I've given the sources. It's public record that our church responded by publishing postlapsarian articles for several months, and presented postlapsarian sermons at the General Conference session.

so where is this "public domain"? who do i have to read in order to get this information?

Quote:
So you could respond if you wanted to. You have enough information.

just did.

shouldnt make assumptions of another. its not nice. it is in essence calling me a liar and accusing me of playing games.
someone else did something similar to me because i wouldnt believe some trinity definition he made up and insisted it should be believed. not nice. the ninth commandment comes to mind. frown

by the way, i understand the vatican library is online now. i havent read it either. there is quite a bit i havent come across or read.

Quote:
You could also respond hypothetically on the basis of what was presented being true. That is, assuming these things were true, without admitting them to be, what would be your response to these questions? Is it really feasible that Ellen White, in your opinion, would have acted the way that she did?

why on earth would i do that?

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Reply Quote
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: Elle] #112375
04/28/09 10:09 PM
04/28/09 10:09 PM
Tom  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
I buy what the Bible tells me.

Perhaps. Perhaps not. We all intend to buy what the Bible tells us, but we have differences of opinion, so clearly we're not all doing so. Actually, I'm quite certain that none of us really buys what the Bible tells us, in terms of our beliefs being 100% in harmony with Scripture.

Quote:
The Bible says Jesus was the Son of God, the only begotten Son of God. I don't buy anymore that he had immortality, omni-presence, etc... The Bible does not say that.

Of course He wasn't omnipresent, but the Bible certainly says He was immortal. Jesus said, "I am the life and the resurrection." It's hard to see how one could understand this saying of Christ's in such a way that did not involve His being immortal.

Quote:
As far as I read scripture, Jesus had to rely 100% on the father. Through the father, he had insight, power, etc.. just like we can have insight, power throught Jesus. And Jesus died a man's death.

He had to rely upon the Father to be an example for us, to meet the lies of the enemy, and to reveal God to us in a way that would be meaningful to us, but He could have overcome in His own right had He chosen to do so. Christ is the creator. Surely One who created the Universe is not limited in power. (I'm assuming you agree that Scripture teaches that Christ is the Creator. If not, we can discuss this point.)

Quote:
I don't know, about "Jesus as God, he could not be tempted". Is there any scripture that says that?

James 1 says that God cannot be tempted. Hebrews 4:15 says that Christ was tempted as we are tempted. So if Jesus is both God and man, it would follow that as God He could not be tempted, but as man He could be.

Quote:
Have you studied about what scriptures reveals versus Jesus being "begotten"? What does it mean that Jesus was in the Bosom of the Father before creation?

There's not a lot in Scripture about this. Mostly things John wrote, and Proverbs 8 come to mind. Here's what I think makes sense.

Before creating sentient beings, there was no need for God (i.e. the Godhead) to have a representative. Once God decided to create, it was necessary for there to be a representative for God for these creatures. Christ was the One designated to do this work. He would represent the Father to the Universe. For angels, He was "Michael, the archangel." Had man not sinned, perhaps He would have remained in this role.

At any rate, I understand that "in the bosom of the Father" is referring to the relationship Jesus had with the Father before creation. Since we are creatures of space-time, and before creation neither space nor time had been created, it's not possible for us to conceptualize what this existence would have been like, so I think Jesus used an expression that we could relate to in some intuitive way to describe it.

I think Christ's being begotten is dealing with the time when He proceeded from the Father in His role as representative for the beings that would be created.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Reply Quote
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: teresaq] #112377
04/28/09 11:55 PM
04/28/09 11:55 PM
W
William  Offline
London, England
Quote:
so where is this "public domain"? who do i have to read in order to get this information?

Hi TQ: I believe the term "public domain" is referencing the information available to the public at large. For example, regular folk like you and I have easy access to the internet, an online library, a bookstore, the courthouse, and so on. Hope that helped.

William

:: Harmony not hate leads your opponent's mind to wisdom; beating him there always with tender heart. —Anonymous
Reply Quote
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: William] #112379
04/29/09 12:36 AM
04/29/09 12:36 AM
W
William  Offline
London, England
Quote:
But before compiling the surrounding context for what was a rephrasing of Paulson, and then forming my response, I'm far more curious and interested to see an original-sin hypothesis than I am to deconstruct the good pastor.

Arnold: I perhaps shouldn't have been so aggressive, chap, and maybe I put you on the defensive with my reference to original sin. I'm actually intrigued to see what you/we conclude on the quotation's interpretation, even though I believe I have a firm hold on its meaning and application.

That said, analyzing theological minutiae is obviously your talent and Tom's (et al), which is why I've so enjoyed these discussions. As I've previously alluded to, I actually detest devilish details, and will only dissect things when forced to.

Again, hope I didn't come across too overbearing, thus putting you on the defensive. I'm sure you'll let us know what you discover at your convenience.

William

Last edited by William; 04/29/09 01:52 AM.

Reply Quote
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: William] #112386
04/29/09 02:23 AM
04/29/09 02:23 AM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Originally Posted By: William
Quote:

Hi TQ: I believe the term "public domain" is referencing the information available to the public at large. For example, regular folk like you and I have easy access to the internet, an online library, a bookstore, the courthouse, and so on. Hope that helped.

William

i should have been more clear i guess since i know what public domain means, such as "the vatican library is online, for instance" which would mean anyone can access it now. where in the public domain is said info that it was assumed i already knew.

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Reply Quote
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: teresaq] #112387
04/29/09 02:25 AM
04/29/09 02:25 AM
Tom  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
You could find a lot of things with Google.

http://www.adventistarchives.org/doc_info.asp?DocID=30 is a site to look for.

http://www.crcbermuda.com/bible/righteousness-by-faith is another site to look through.

Reply Quote
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: Tom] #112388
04/29/09 04:21 AM
04/29/09 04:21 AM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
You could find a lot of things with Google.

http://www.adventistarchives.org/doc_info.asp?DocID=30 is a site to look for.

thank you. yes, i have already come across this by bert haloviak. i havent read what he has to say, tho. how do i know he is not biased and trying to get me to come to some conclusion?

Quote:
http://www.crcbermuda.com/bible/righteousness-by-faith is another site to look through.

i already know how to find jones and waggoner.

anyway, somehow weve gotten offtrack, yet again. several times it has gotten offtrack from my original question. my original question was on page 107 #112156 and has gone in strange directions for such a simple question.

Reply Quote
Page 18 of 49 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 48 49
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/21/24 04:50 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/21/24 02:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by kland. 05/17/24 04:47 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!