HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,619
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Nadi, 2 invisible), 3,409 guests, and 22 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Re: Harmony with God #11343
11/02/04 03:40 PM
11/02/04 03:40 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Shelley,
Being a vegetarian will not get you into heaven plain and simple. In fact nothing we do of our own strengthwill get us into heaven.
However in this day and age the quality of meat has gone down the drain basically.
I was talking to a lady and she mentioned in such a non-chalant manner that "The avian flu is harmless to humans", and that our (Canadian) meat is healthier than the meat in the states.
From my perspective I would like meat with NO antibiotics,steroids,stressed out animals, and free from diseases. Some viral infection is not acceptable.
However you are not going to hell for eating a tbone steak, but from a health point of view it is much like "eat a tbone at your own risk". There is a verse in the Bible that menions something regarding that even the animals are gronaing, so I wonder if it has to do with today?
God Bless,
Will

Re: Harmony with God #11344
11/02/04 09:03 PM
11/02/04 09:03 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Will, please verify your insights with inspired quotes. The idea that eating meat is not going to ban us from heaven is a bold and daring statement, especially in light of what Sister White wrote about meat eating and the last days. By the way, T-Bone steaks do not pass the laws of health in Leviticus, at least not the way they are served in North America - with the blood and fat. Kosher meat is what the Bible specifies. But even that has been banned by God in these last days.

Re: Harmony with God #11345
11/02/04 09:34 PM
11/02/04 09:34 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Thats an easy one Mike. I didn;t think I had to actually quote this but here goes the first of may:

quote:

John 3:16
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

God Bless,
Will

Re: Harmony with God #11346
11/02/04 09:36 PM
11/02/04 09:36 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
What will ban you from heaven is not being saved. Not if you like to eat a turkey sandwich.
God Bless,
Will

Re: Harmony with God #11347
11/02/04 10:34 PM
11/02/04 10:34 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
If anybody wishes to discuss the side topic on vegetarian versus non-vegetarian as a salvation issue any further, please do it as a new topic, unless you are prepared to clearly relate it with this topic on how it is, or is not, in harmony with God.

Re: Harmony with God #11348
11/03/04 09:17 PM
11/03/04 09:17 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Here's the original post:
quote:
When a person is born again, he is changed so as to be in harmony with God and God's law. As long as he does not resist God's grace, he will be made to be more and more like Christ. Commetns?
At what point are we in harmony with God's law? What constitutes living in harmony with His law? and, how does it relate to salvation? Does God require us to live in harmony with the laws of health? What are the consequences if we refuse to adopt a vegan diet during the final crisis?

Will has suggested that we are saved regardless of whether we accept or reject Sister White's counsel on health reform. What is the truth? Does living in harmony with God's law include health reform? Can God save us if we refuse to live in harmony with His law, even the least of these laws?

Matthew
5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Re: Harmony with God #11349
11/03/04 10:18 PM
11/03/04 10:18 PM
Tom  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
I've been busy the last couple of days. To answer Daniel's original question, here are a couple of quotations from EGW I had in mind when I wrote the original post:

quote:
How, then, are we to be saved? "As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness," so the Son of man has been lifted up, and everyone who has been deceived and bitten by the serpent may look and live. "Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world." John 1:29. The light shining from the cross reveals the love of God. His love is drawing us to Himself. If we do not resist this drawing, we shall be led to the foot of the cross in repentance for the sins that have crucified the Saviour. Then the Spirit of God through faith produces a new life in the soul. The thoughts and desires are brought into obedience to the will of Christ. The heart, the mind, are created anew in the image of Him who works in us to subdue all things to Himself. Then the law of God is written in the mind and heart, and we can say with Christ, "I delight to do Thy will, O my God." Ps. 40:8. (DA 175, 176)
quote:
God has made provision that we may become like unto Him, and He will accomplish this for all who do not interpose a perverse will and thus frustrate His grace. (MB 76)

The first quote deals with what it means to be brought into harmony with God and His law. The second has to do with how God will make all those like Christ who do not resist His grace.

Re: Harmony with God #11350
11/04/04 07:03 AM
11/04/04 07:03 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
When are the following promises a reality? Under what circumstances do they apply? Please explain your answer, and provide scripture to support it. Thank you.

Genesis
17:1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I [am] the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

Psalm
119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Jeremiah
31:33 But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Ezekiel
36:26, 27 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do [them].

Matthew
5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

John
8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Romans
6:2, 6 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? ... Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with [him], that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

1 Corinthians
7:1 Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

2 Corinthians
5:17 Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Galatians
5:16 [This] I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Hebrews
13:20, 21 Now the God of peace... Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom [be] glory for ever and ever. Amen.

James
3:2 If any man offend not in word, the same [is] a perfect man, [and] able also to bridle the whole body.

1 Peter
2:1-3 Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, as newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: if so be ye have tasted that the Lord [is] gracious.

1 Peter
4:1, 2 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; that he no longer should live the rest of [his] time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.

2 Peter
1:10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

1 John
1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

1 John
3:6-9 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 John
5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

MH 180
Christ came to make us "partakers of the divine nature," and His life declares that humanity, combined with divinity, does not commit sin. {MH 180.5}

Re: Harmony with God #11351
11/04/04 07:21 AM
11/04/04 07:21 AM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Mike,
You are not saved by your works. You are saved by GRACE and faith IN Jesus, not by eating gluten. If I choose to eat fish then I will, if I choose to eat turkey I will. FInd me some scripture to back up the claim that you are lost for eating chicken. Scripture only as that is where I base my standard of faith... in the Word of God.
God Bless,
Will

Re: Harmony with God #11352
11/04/04 10:10 AM
11/04/04 10:10 AM
Shelley  Offline
Posting New Member
Australia
MARK
quote:
Matthew
5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

If not one jot or tittle shall pass from the law, why are we not stoning people to death, wearing torn clothes and unkempt hair if we have an infectious disease and shouting out unclean. There are heaps more that I could list.

quote:
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Could it be that, by His death, Jesus has fulfilled the law, and the old laws, apart from the 10 commandments, do not apply to us anymore?

quote:
Note: The above verse says "whoever breaks the least of the commandments, shall be called the least in the Kingdom of Heaven ". It does not say that he or she shall not enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:07 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!