HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,613
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 17
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 2,981 guests, and 21 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 30 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 29 30
Re: Justifiction, sanctification and the Grace of God [Re: dedication] #113823
05/30/09 07:21 PM
05/30/09 07:21 PM
dedication  Online Content OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Now the "moral influence theory" is a broad term, and not all who follow its premise believe everything the same on all points. Thus anyone can find a point and say they "disagree" while in reality still following the basic premise.

What is the "moral influence theory"?

The bottom line of the "moral influence theory" is the denial of the Substitutional death and life of Christ.
It's main thought is that Jesus' death had nothing to do with the proper demands of a righteous God for judgements on sin.

Though they will use Biblical phrases such as "justified by His blood for the forgiveness of sins" they take away the obvious meaning and interprete it in a human subjective manner that the cross moves us to respond to God's love and move away from sin. In a sense this makes our response the ground of justification and the grounds for "forgiveness" ALONE. The covering of sin by the blood of Christ is not necessary.

The "atonement" is not equated with the "atoning sacrifice" as in the sacrificial system. (i.e. the sinner confessing his sins upon the head of the victim and then taking its life, symbolic of it absorbing the penalty of the sins so the sinner can go home justified) but is limited to only the human response once again of setting aside his misinformed hostility toward God and being on friendly more submissive terms with God. Reconciliation is limited to mankind having a change of mind.

"Moral influence denies that Jesus sacrifice was substitutionary, necessitated by God's holy wrath against evil." It places the legal atonement in opposition to a knowledgable relationship with God, when in fact both are essential.

Re: Justifiction, sanctification and the Grace of God [Re: teresaq] #113824
05/30/09 07:24 PM
05/30/09 07:24 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
D:Are you agreeing with Tom who disagrees that we account ourselves dead to sin and alive in Christ, because Christ died our death, and rose again to give us that new life.

T:Whoa! I call "foul"! I didn't claim this! Not at all!

Please be more careful in your reading of things. I've noticed quite a number of cases now where you're misstating what I've said. It's safer if you cite direct quotes. It's not nice to make false claims about what people have said.

D:But that is exactly the point you challenged me on at the very start of this thread.

No it's not. I never said this. You're just repeating the very thing I asked you not to do!

I'm asking you to quote what I said and then comment on that. This is exasperating! Instead of quoting what I said, and commenting on that, you repeat the very falsehood I am denying, and do so without quoting anything!

Please stop that!

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Justifiction, sanctification and the Grace of God [Re: teresaq] #113826
05/30/09 07:29 PM
05/30/09 07:29 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Actually Teressa, I started this thread.
Certain people challenged me.
Do I not have the right here to present my beliefs?

Re: Justifiction, sanctification and the Grace of God [Re: dedication] #113827
05/30/09 07:34 PM
05/30/09 07:34 PM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Originally Posted By: dedication
Actually Teressa, I started this thread.
Certain people challenged me.
Do I not have the right here to present my beliefs?

im sorry that you misunderstood, apparently, everything i said.
i honestly have no idea of how i could have said anything so that you would hear what i said and not something else.

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Re: Justifiction, sanctification and the Grace of God [Re: dedication] #113828
05/30/09 07:36 PM
05/30/09 07:36 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Yes, Tom VERY EXASPERATING.

Very exasperating indeed.

If it's not true then what in the world are you arguing about and posting long long posts about?

Last edited by dedication; 05/30/09 07:40 PM.
Re: Justifiction, sanctification and the Grace of God [Re: dedication] #113829
05/30/09 07:39 PM
05/30/09 07:39 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
You are denying the SUBSITUTIONAL DEATH OF CHRIST as NECESSARY for our death to sin and resurrection to newness of life.
You are denying the that this death was NECESSARY in the reckoning of heaven's justice to forgive sins and restore mankind into justice.

Re: Justifiction, sanctification and the Grace of God [Re: dedication] #113830
05/30/09 07:51 PM
05/30/09 07:51 PM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Obviously you and your faithful follower Terrasa don't want me here. So good-by I have better things to do than argue with vain philosophy.

i dont think any of us will be able to respond this way when we are hauled into court for breaking the sunday law.

“If you have a strong case, stick to the facts.
If you have a weak case, try to confuse the issue.
If you have no case, rail on the opposition.”

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Re: Justifiction, sanctification and the Grace of God [Re: teresaq] #113832
05/30/09 07:59 PM
05/30/09 07:59 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada

Originally Posted By: Terasaq
i dont think any of us will be able to respond this way when we are hauled into court for breaking the sunday law.

And that's exactly what happened to the presentation I tried to make on this thread.
I gave Biblical Bible study.
A certain person came on to confuse the issues.
And now people are railing against me because they don't like the study.

Why does it have to come to this?

Re: Justifiction, sanctification and the Grace of God [Re: dedication] #113833
05/30/09 08:13 PM
05/30/09 08:13 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
LET'S TRY AGAIN.

Romans 5:6,8-9
For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly....God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being NOW JUSTIFIED BY HIS BLOOD, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. For if, when we were enemies, we were RECONCILED TO GOD BY THE DEATH of His Son, much more, BEING RECONCILED, we shall be saved by His life.

The genitive absolute: "we still being sinners"
"we" without strength being lost and helpless in our sins.
Christ died in our behalf, in our stead.

Verse 6 shows this was done for all.
The door of salvation was opened for all.
All were hopelessly lost without this hope and assurance that Christ would die in their place.
But not all will be saved.

Verse 8 focuses in on the believers, who were ALSO lost sinners, lost and helpless in their sins. Christ's voluntary sacrificial death for us while we were in our ungodly sinfulness is the height of God's love. The supreme result and effect of this sacrifice is the justification and reconciliation of believers to God.

So important is this truth that Paul states it over and over.
In verse 10 he states it more fully.

"We being enemies"
this shows the rebellious nature of sin, and
echoes Paul's former phrase. "while we were yet sinners"
Our natural enmity toward God's law and righteousness, our sin, our ungodliness placed us in a position where we deserved nothing but wrath -- God owed us nothing.
But Christ taking our sins upon Himself, and dying in our place changed our status.

Prior we were OUTSIDERS, with only the death penalty awaiting us. There are no alternatives but death for all entrapped in sin.

BUT GOD --
This, Paul writes, is the active transitive point in our reconciliation to God.

Now, God has always loved the world -- He sent His son (as per John 3:16) God didn't need to be pacified in order to love us. He loved the human race. The trouble was with us -- we being the "enemies", our treason demanding our death. We were wrong, we alone, God wasn't wrong, but we could do NOTHING about either about our alienation or escaping from sins end.

"For if, when we were enemies, we were RECONCILED TO GOD BY THE DEATH of His Son"

Notice the progress:
Christ's sacrificial death brings
Our reconciliation to God
and then
"BEING RECONCILED, we shall be saved by His life."

This is an important point.

FIRST WE ARE RECONCILED
then we live and are saved by His life!

Re: Justifiction, sanctification and the Grace of God [Re: dedication] #113834
05/30/09 08:23 PM
05/30/09 08:23 PM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA

Originally Posted By: Terasaq

And that's exactly what happened to the presentation I tried to make on this thread.

I gave Biblical Bible study.
A certain person came on to confuse the issues.
And now people are railing against me because they don't like the study.

Why does it have to come to this?

ulicia, this is a discussion forum. people agree and disagree and have different, VALID, perspectives of the same thing. (caps for emphasis only since it is understood as shouting at the other person in netiquette.)

again i am so sorry you are not able to read what is said but hear something else entirely. i am also sorry that you feel beat up on. i have no idea why you feel that way since colin has been "on your side". elle threw out some comments, that if i remember correctly, were completely ignored.

my comments have more to do with the unChristlike behavior exhibited. i think about that investigative judgment and how we have to repent of every wrong trait in ourselves and that is the gist of my comments.

im just willing to find out where tom is coming from before i pass judgment.

Last edited by teresaq; 05/30/09 08:24 PM. Reason: to add comment

Page 14 of 30 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 29 30

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!