HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,628
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, Nadi, 3 invisible), 3,156 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: plagues [Re: teresaq] #114220
06/06/09 07:37 AM
06/06/09 07:37 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Teresa,

Aren't we topic now? Anyhow, regarding that 100 years, I reacted as you did. I, however, was given this view by my own grandmother, who said it was commonly held by our early pioneers. As it is never mentioned in Adventist circles today, I was completely ignorant of it, and found it difficult to accept. I am now one of the few I know of who promotes the view. I am curious who you found it from.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: plagues [Re: Green Cochoa] #114226
06/06/09 02:26 PM
06/06/09 02:26 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
I know this is off topic, GC, but it's very interesting that you say your grandmother says this view was commonly held by the pioneers. I'd like to know more about this, if that's possible. (i.e., if you have any more information regarding our early pioneers in this respect).

Teresa, regarding your point -- it's well taken. It's natural for us to resist ideas which are new, and, to a point this is good. We wouldn't want to whipping each way like the wind, so it's good that we have some resistance to new idea. Otoh, we want to open to change our minds and accept truth.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: plagues [Re: Green Cochoa] #114231
06/06/09 05:34 PM
06/06/09 05:34 PM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
Teresa,

Aren't we topic now? Anyhow, regarding that 100 years, I reacted as you did. I, however, was given this view by my own grandmother, who said it was commonly held by our early pioneers. As it is never mentioned in Adventist circles today, I was completely ignorant of it, and found it difficult to accept. I am now one of the few I know of who promotes the view. I am curious who you found it from.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

yes, i got off-topic in attempting to explain how what may be very clear to one can seem very wrong to another, having to do with this topic as well as others. but it wasnt my intention to go in that direction.

start a thread on the 100 years?

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Re: plagues [Re: teresaq] #114235
06/06/09 07:12 PM
06/06/09 07:12 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
What intrigued me was GC's comment about this being a common view of the early pioneers. If there's anything more that could be said about this, other than his grandmother mentioned this to him, I'd be very interested. Especially if anyone can find something that was actually written someone during that time on the subject.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
The Third Coming and Second Resurrection #114274
06/07/09 02:16 AM
06/07/09 02:16 AM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Originally Posted By: Colin
Originally Posted By: teresaq
Originally Posted By: Colin
"Killing" is the human word for legally ending a life, but God judges the wicked and the sentence is death: that's holy justice meted out, isn't it? Wouldn't know what word to use instead of "execution", but what about annihilate in hell?

this is where we need to really study the events that will happen at the third resurrection? Jesus resurrects the lost, reads them their sentence then "zaps" them?

for elle, and others, who wants bible only we need to look at the bible texts that the sop relies on.

i would think that we need to study the burden of sin, guilt and shame, along with this....

Yes, examining the Bible text is always a good move. I think we can organise a combined study of Bible and SOP, but let's look at the Bible, for the moment.

which naturally would include the 100 years of isaiah also, tom and green cochoa.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NonConformist/message/1272

i havent found reference to in my short search of the pioneer writings.

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
The 100-year Theory at the End of the Millennium for the "Accursed" #114300
06/07/09 04:59 AM
06/07/09 04:59 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
I am starting this thread based on the discussion from another thread which began with the following:
Originally Posted By: teresaq
i came across this one person who believes, based on isaiah, that the lost will be around for 100 years after the third resurrection. that sounded like major heresy to me and i backed off him big time. but in my studies i noticed certain sentences about that time that i hadnt thought about before.

it will take the lost some time to build weapons, especially considering they have to start from scratch since the earth will have been destroyed and then there is the 1000 years of decay on top of that. thats a long time.

i started off going to say that i didnt totally buy into the 100 years but as im typing and thinking about it i think im talking myself into believing it might be.

we are told that they "march over the broken, uneven surface of the earth". that is considerably different than when man started making weapons after the fall. they had a fairly perfect world. even after the flood God protected this earth from the complete wipe-out of plants and trees.

and this is giving me a new understanding of the reason for the "cleansing fire". so many things we read that we understand the words on the page, but the comprehension of their meaning completely escapes us.

but anyway, my whole point about that particular gentleman and his 100 years is that i can understand the "resistance" to accept a different interpretation of what we are used to believing. and i believe it is an honest conclusion that a different view may not be right. after all the scripture/sop does seem to be very clear.......until other verses/sentences start registering.....but even then it can take time. i read that gentleman thoughts about 3 years ago and i am just now starting to see where he might be right, at least in part.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: The 100-year Theory at the End of the Millennium for the "Accursed" [Re: Green Cochoa] #114307
06/07/09 06:04 AM
06/07/09 06:04 AM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
Teresa,

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

http://www.maritime-sda-online.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=114274#Post114274

Last edited by Green Cochoa; 06/07/09 06:43 AM. Reason: Change the topic of the post as the thread has been moved to a new topic.

Re: The 100-year Theory at the End of the Millennium for the "Accursed" [Re: teresaq] #114313
06/07/09 07:18 AM
06/07/09 07:18 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: J. N. Loughborough
The Renewed-Earth Kingdom The same prophet says that it is to be a renewed earth in which the final reign shall be established: “For, behold, I create new heavens [atmospheric heavens] and a new earth; and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind [margin, Heb., “come upon the heart,” that is, to be desired again]. But be ye glad and rejoice forever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy. And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying. There shall be no more thence [from the time the new earth is created] an infant of days [a short lived child], nor an old man that hath not filled his days [premature old age]: for the child shall die an hundred years old [in days when men attained to lives of nine hundred years
57 Isa. 11:1-4. 58 Isa. 25:6-9.
children might be one hundred years old]; but the sinner being an hundred years old [in later years of an hundred-year life-time] shall be accursed. [Those dying at the time the new earth is brought in are those who perish in the “perdition of ungodly men.” 2 Peter 3:7.] And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them. They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree [the tree of life, Septuagint] are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.”59

That statement appears to go against the interpretation of others, and can be found online HERE. (Hint: Use the search window to find the word "accursed".)

I am still unable to find sources on the view from other pioneers. Do any of you have access to the Adventist Pioneer Library (Works of the Pioneers)?

However, both Ellen White and John the Revelator speak of a certain space in time in which the devil is released from his millennial bonds and allowed to gather his troups together, fashion weapons, and ultimately make war with God and His saints in the Holy City. When one considers that this is THE last great battle, it can be more easily understood as to why it would take some time for preparations. Also, consider that every person will have opportunity to see what their life has been, in vivid detail. How long will this take? While we do not know, it obviously must not be a "real time" video, or else we would be waiting 900+ years for all the antediluvians to see their lives pass before them.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: The 100-year Theory at the End of the Millennium for the "Accursed" [Re: Green Cochoa] #114317
06/07/09 07:43 AM
06/07/09 07:43 AM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
i have the cd but havent figured out the right search words.

here is the archive link

http://www.adventistarchives.org/DocArchives.asp

and that was a good point about the 900 years. i hadnt thought about that.

Re: The 100-year Theory at the End of the Millennium for the "Accursed" [Re: Green Cochoa] #114319
06/07/09 07:48 AM
06/07/09 07:48 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
I'm extracting rather crudely some quotes from the pioneers, but due to my method of extracting them, I do not have much data on who is making these statements. I post them here so that perhaps someone else can find it and fill in the details:

Quote:
14R&H page 0025 paragraph 21
Verse 20. "There shall be no more thence an infant of days: nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed." There have, in times past, been many speculative notions advanced on the above text, in 0026
order to produce a harmony between it and other testimonies which speak of the same time, (the new-earth state,) as one in which there is to be no death. The first clause of the above verse, shows that there will "be no more thence," from the time the new-earth state is brought in, "an infant of days," (a short-lived child,) "or an old man who hath not filled his days," (premature old age.) All will eternally glow with the vigor of youth. The latter clause of the verse speaks of death, and cannot therefore apply to the new earth, for of the new earth state, John says: "There shall be no more death." If we abide by the rendering of king James' version, it must apply to what transpires just as that state is ushered in. The sinner, although he be an hundred years old, is accursed: Not permitted to enter the land, and dies a child, compared to the endless life those are to enjoy who live in the new earth state.

Another one:

Quote:
18R&H page 0164 paragraph 15
WILL you please explain for me Isa.lxv,20: "There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days; for the child shall die an hundred years old, but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed." Also verse 23: "They shall not bring forth for trouble." JOHN R. GOODENOUGH.

REPLY. - DEAR BROTHER: I conceive that the only difficulty in the first text you refer to, is in supposing it refers to something that takes place after the creation of the new heavens and new earth. Some, to avoid this difficulty, have claimed that there was to be a state of this earth during the thousand years of Rev.xx, before the final burning day, when a portion of the inhabitants of the earth should be mortal and subject to death. Those who hold this view have claimed that it produced harmony with the text to apply it in that period. I can see no propriety in the prophet's connecting the creation of the new heavens and new earth with the death of the child one hundred years old, if it all applied to a state that must cease before even the time shall come for creating the new heavens and earth. Now if this text can be so explained as to show that the dying is not in the new earth, and yet that it is intimately connected with the bringing in of the new-earth state, all will be plain.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!